Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Good thinking making it an old people Christmas movie. They should probably keep Billy Ray away from any kids.

Oh for gently caress’s same, what he done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I briefly thought that was Fred Willard.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The next few pages of this thread could just be post-Frasier Kelsey Grammer movie posters

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

edogawa rando posted:

Oh for gently caress’s same, what he done?

He’s engaged to a woman he’s known since she was a child on his daughter’s tv show.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Aphrodite posted:

He’s engaged to a woman he’s known since she was a child on his daughter’s tv show.

Are we talking about Dennis Quaid or Dane Cook here?

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
I once sat in a bathroom stall while Kelsey Grammar bitched to his friend about women (nothing particularly salacious, just about what you’d expect at this point).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Are we talking about Dennis Quaid or Dane Cook here?

The entire internet's reaction to that Dane Cook news being "...how long term?" was amazing.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Gripweed posted:

The next few pages of this thread could just be post-Frasier Kelsey Grammer movie posters
My pick is unquetionably:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

caligulamprey posted:

My pick is unquetionably:

This is Jered Harris

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gotta get those SAG credits somehow

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they should just adapt this

https://twitter.com/joechoui/status/1582419562242273290

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Wtf happened to Liz Hurley? She was an A lister and then just disappeared it felt like.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Shane Warne.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She had a kid in 2002 and married a rich guy around the same time so that probably had something to do with it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Nuts and Gum posted:

Wtf happened to Liz Hurley? She was an A lister and then just disappeared it felt like.

People started to realize that she couldn't act?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Acting ability has never stopped someone from being in movies before

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, was she an A lister?

She hasn't actually done a whole lot that people are likely to have heard of besides Austin Powers. The Bedazzled remake maybe, and... Passenger 57? Some people might remember EDTV I guess.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Idunno if she was ever technically an A-list actor but she was certainly a household name in the UK and US for years.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Things in Hollywood are rarely great for women after something like 30-40, depending on how young they continue to look. I think it's probably a combination of there being fewer opportunities for her the same way there were for Heather Graham (to compare to another Austin Powers female lead) and her maybe not needing/wanting to do it anymore.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, she was already 32 when she did Austin Powers.

Halloween Jack posted:

Idunno if she was ever technically an A-list actor but she was certainly a household name in the UK and US for years.

Definitely, though a lot of it was the Hugh Grant thing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Baron von Eevl posted:

Things in Hollywood are rarely great for women after something like 30-40, depending on how young they continue to look. I think it's probably a combination of there being fewer opportunities for her the same way there were for Heather Graham (to compare to another Austin Powers female lead) and her maybe not needing/wanting to do it anymore.

Good point, you probably have to campaign hard for yourself if you’re known for mostly beauty and you turn 45, cause yeah there’s always another heather graham in the waiting. Instead of going on auditions maybe she just decided to take roles that were poo poo (but offered) and just chill.

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, was she an A lister?

She hasn't actually done a whole lot that people are likely to have heard of besides Austin Powers. The Bedazzled remake maybe, and... Passenger 57? Some people might remember EDTV I guess.

Yeah I guess to me, a straight 28 yr old seeing her in Austin powers and bedazzled, she was just a knockout and I’d thought she’d take over Hollywood lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah sadly it works that way. You can fight it but I'm not sure if Hollywood created that phenomenon or evolution did.

Like in five years max I bet you anything Millie Bobby Brown's agent is going to have her going out on "Mom" auditions and actual moms working in the industry are going to have an existential crisis seeing her in the casting office.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Yeah sadly it works that way. You can fight it but I'm not sure if Hollywood created that phenomenon or evolution did.

Like in five years max I bet you anything Millie Bobby Brown's agent is going to have her going out on "Mom" auditions and actual moms working in the industry are going to have an existential crisis seeing her in the casting office.

From what I've heard, MBB's father is doing her no favors acting as her manager, at least as far as the studios are concerned.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Sean Astin giving weird Christopher Reeves as Clark Kent vibes here.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I feel like they're giving away the ending on the poster, since it seems like Kelsey's heart is very charmed, so mission accomplished. Don't need to see it now.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
They're giving away the twist that Grammer's character is actually Mr. Sardonicus.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Gripweed posted:

I'm just going to assume Dove.org is the soap company's website and do no further investigation.

edit: also I am going to assume that Grammer voices the kid. Again, will do no further investigation.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Madkal posted:

I'm just going to assume Dove.org is the soap company's website and do no further investigation.

edit: also I am going to assume that Grammer voices the kid. Again, will do no further investigation.

Grammer voices Bunyan. John Goodman voices the kid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

How many of these people are there

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Is Grammer in the same movie mill as Bruce Willis? The one where they shoot it in two weeks and use extensive stand ins?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Basically, but without the frontotemporal dementia

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I thought nobody wanted to work with Grammar because he's a rightwing alcoholic rear end in a top hat

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

I thought nobody wanted to work with Grammar because he's a rightwing alcoholic rear end in a top hat

Mel still gets plenty of work.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I thought he was a rightwing alcoholic charmer

e: of course rear end in a top hat views, but I thought he was super to be a very affable fellows

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Was he always right-wing or has he just drifted as he's got older? Its really hard to square with some scenes from Cheers/Frasier but maybe he always thought he was playing a leftie liberal elite type parody, but it doesn't really read that way.