Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

Did that guy just kill another guy to get his lovely vandal rubber mask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Contemplate with nice thoughts and utterances.
Weird flex but ok.

Taxxe:

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Rubberduke posted:

German outlet Gamestar has released a video titled "what really happened?" about SC. At first I was hopeful but then they handed over to a German shillizen who then spends the next 40 minutes detailing the history of the game but skipping all the bad parts. I only skimmed over it but it is the same drivel you hear from other backers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmWiYRQ5H7Y

Beautiful

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/27iCycp.gifv

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

The sooner you buy it, since it is a one-off payment, the cheaper per month it becomes.

If you had bought a $45 game package on the day the PU was released on 23rd December 2015 you would have paid just 55 cents/month to play the game since. For every month that passes the monthly cost is less. Plus the backer rewards come every year so they mount up to in the last month we all got a free grenade launcher and potentially 3 free horror masks. One day they will be collectibles.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Lol @ digital collectibles

You guys no seriously I'm gonna be able to sell these on ebay one day

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I like how the alien head came from what looks like a normal human body.

It's not even game stuff... it's art... y'all just go hog wild with those alien things and maybe you can not use your human body for once.

Maybe.

Pretend you can do an alien, guys. Y'all can do it. :)

I'm cheerin for ya. :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Who's got some videos of the grenade launcher in action? I wanna see it. :)

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Every twitter post just has such absolutely pathetic engagement, you would think they wouldn't bother. loving local sandwich shops have more engagement than this.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Theotus posted:

Was looking at an old bingo card I made probably what, three years ago?

Longer ago even, I wanted to save it but found the pic was already in my directory since May 8, 2017.

Beexoffel fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 20, 2022

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sardonik posted:

Every twitter post just has such absolutely pathetic engagement, you would think they wouldn't bother. loving local sandwich shops have more engagement than this.

https://twitter.com/HeyyThisIsNick/status/1581481268524380160

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
I already cast my vote for Indie Community Manager of the Year in favor of Blizzard's community manager, sorry.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Theotus posted:

Was looking at an old bingo card I made probably what, three years ago?

Why put a free square in the bottom right corner?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Yeah, it should be priced at at least $150.00

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sardonik posted:

And somehow they make enough money to build offices all over the world.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

OT but putting this here since citizens just love making GBS threads on Cyberpunk every time they can.
How many daily players did SC have again?

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1582742974839934977?s=20&t=kTVLsfZs4TlSjf0pgiVX1g

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

OT but putting this here since citizens just love making GBS threads on Cyberpunk every time they can.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1582742974839934977?s=20&t=kTVLsfZs4TlSjf0pgiVX1g

The feller in the picture reminds me of :gary: :yarg:

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

There's a slight difference in the number of likes between this and the latest SC tweet, especially when considering that Star Citizen has attracted "millions of Citizens". Maybe they represent the silent majority?

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

The real 12 points was the Thug-Friends we made along the way
There's an actual game to be played in CP 2077

All the cars are bought with in-game cash

Absolutely shameful

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

Sandepande posted:

There's a slight difference in the number of likes between this and the latest SC tweet, especially when considering that Star Citizen has attracted "millions of Citizens". Maybe they represent the silent majority?

The majority banned from Twitter?

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I managed to snag a 4090 at MSRP. Is Star Citizen optimized yet? I'd like to play this game at >100FPS.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Goatson posted:

There's an actual game to be played in CP 2077

All the cars are bought with in-game cash

Absolutely shameful

C2077 is finally playable for me with all the bells and whistles after all the patches (I played day 1 previously) it actually feels good now.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

no_recall posted:

I managed to snag a 4090 at MSRP. Is Star Citizen optimized yet? I'd like to play this game at >100FPS.

I’m about to build a new 4090 system and I’m morbidly curious to see if it can keep SC above 30fps, my 3080ti can’t.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

no_recall posted:

https://twitter.com/Morphologis/status/1580928998149791744

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

:lol:

Optimization sucesfl.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Imagine thinking that Spectrum isn't supportive enough and should be moderated more strictly.

Guess the endless "Deleted by..." and the 10 year bans aren't enough for this citizen. :colbert:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Probably not running on an SSD and didn't make swap file adjustments.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Colostomy Bag posted:

Probably not running on an SSD and didn't make swap file adjustments.

You forgot the copper pipes.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
impressive for a 10 year old crysis mod

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Imagine thinking that Spectrum isn't supportive enough and should be moderated more strictly.

Guess the endless "Deleted by..." and the 10 year bans aren't enough for this citizen. :colbert:

That commando may want to reflect on the fact that those posts on Spectrum all come from people confirmed to have paid for the game. So in a way, it's kinda more objective than YT/reddit where horrible people like me who don't own the game are technically allowed to post. Not that I'd bother, but still, I could. Not on Spectrum.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"Man what's up with the forum populated solely by people who have paid for the game? It's so toxic omg"

:brainworms:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
CIG did some share shenanigans then

Sub-division of shares on 10 October 2022

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Pixelate posted:

CIG did some share shenanigans then

Sub-division of shares on 10 October 2022

Share splits are pretty normal. That's the least shady thing CIG has done.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
I doubt it is a share split, but instead sub classes of shares.

It's presumably to make it easier to pay dividends to just the minority investors. The problem with the dividend they paid out is that because it was all the same class of share, Chris himself would have received 60 odd percent or whatever. Giving people/entities each a single class A, B, C, D, etc share means you can declare dividends on those different classes of share to distribute dividends differently to the overall share holdings. Eg: They can pay Calders back their investment of ~£30mil without having to also pay Chris dividends of like ~£180m along the way. This is where you need to see shareholder agreements and such that won't be filed.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Business as usual for the scrappy little indie dev

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Cyberpunk 2077 and MS Flightsim 2020 on the RTX 4090:

From this test video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQl2Nq5LLo0

Edit: timgd the pics.

Beexoffel fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 20, 2022

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

shrach posted:

It's presumably to make it easier to pay dividends to just the minority investors. The problem with the dividend they paid out is that because it was all the same class of share, Chris himself would have received 60 odd percent or whatever. Giving people/entities each a single class A, B, C, D, etc share means you can declare dividends on those different classes of share to distribute dividends differently to the overall share holdings. Eg: They can pay Calders back their investment of ~£30mil without having to also pay Chris dividends of like ~£180m along the way. This is where you need to see shareholder agreements and such that won't be filed.

This post could've fallen out of reddit stonks meltdown subs talking about GME holders getting dividend shares (CRIME!), AMC holders getting APE shares, and BBY spinning off the infant\toddler subdivision.

All it needs is some crypto.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

shrach posted:

Now it's been a while since I was in graduate business school, and I'm just assuming UK bankruptcy law is similar to the US', but I can't help but wonder if they're setting up some new preferred stock for certain people to shift their ownership to, such that they get paid out before any common bagstockholders in bankruptcy proceedings.

Of course, I'd be pretty surprised if any shareholders got much of anything if CIG went bankrupt, it would have to go to the creditors first, but one can't help but wonder. Maybe their crowdfunding cashflow lets their operation run with relatively low amounts of debt.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Random FUD from Twerk42's "Answer the Call - I NEED a BREAK!" video:

"why should I feel the obligation to play this game when the development studio has not created content worth playing?"

"you know replayable content doesn't really exist in Star Citizen"

"nobody should be forced to play a patch that is this uninspiring for this long"

"having to do a podcast about a game that is uh..."

"I've played Star Citizen for long enough to go 'yeah I I've had enough of this'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

BigglesSWE posted:

2222 is just a number, coincidentally the number of times Croberts has insisted on more green pixels in the upcoming update.

Goddamnit, I am just a lowly 2223