Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I'm happier with the less active threads over what we had about 5 years ago which actually caused me to stop watching Survivor for a couple of years. I remember around the time of Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers, this thread became rampant with blatant, unchecked misogyny and I became completely turned off Survivor fandom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i demand posts. i want to see 30 new pages every wednesday night. chop chop

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

barnold posted:

Alright let's get that filler content. I heard that Susie shat in the tub in Gabon, which is why she left so quickly

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

what's rodney selling on his instagram this week?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

barnold posted:

I think Russel should have won Somoa

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Mick, Mick, Mick!

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Reading the threads and the insight from all of you that are smarter and have better game memory than I do makes me enjoy survivor more, and I sound super smart to the few IRL people I talk with about it. This season is ok so far, I don’t hate anybody yet. Cody rules. LIVIN

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
This season CBS didn't even have up anything on the contestants before the first episode aired, so it was kinda hard to get into it and do all of the analyzing ahead of time, too.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Kind of the most antiproductive argument... but it's really apples and oranges comparing anything pre covid and post covid. But also the SA forums has gone through just as many changes in the timeframe between season 40 & 41... Hard to say if any of the Survivor regulars never returned after Jeffrey took over... :(

I know absolutely nothing about the rest of the forums or anything that's happened in like 8 years, I only check back in for this and occasionally other shows.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i like basically everyone on the cast this year and dont really have a vested preference in a specific winner, just along for the ride

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

JOHN CENA posted:

i like basically everyone on the cast this year and dont really have a vested preference in a specific winner, just along for the ride

I can't believe how much win potential Cody and Sami have. Never would have thought it possible pre season.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I hope if Cody makes it to FTC he does the big reveal that HE IS A SALESMAN

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

I hope if Cody makes it to FTC he does the big reveal that HE IS A SALESMAN

He will confide in someone at merge that he’s a secret salesperson and it will sink him.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Chili posted:

I can't believe how much win potential Cody and Sami have. Never would have thought it possible pre season.

I'd have bet big money that one, if not both of them, would be gone pre-merge. If the pattern of the last two seasons hold we've got one more episode and/or two eliminations before merge, so I guess there's time.

I could see Cody going if Jesse decides to sell him out, but otherwise it seems like a no-brainer to use your idol at a four-person tribal. I guess if Owen decides to swing back with the Baka girls, Sami would go instead of Gabler because of the idol.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Is Gablers idol still good? He’s only been to one tribal, right?

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

nexous posted:

Is Gablers idol still good? He’s only been to one tribal, right?

Yeah, it's good til HIS second tribal. I forget, do the players who 'win the merge' actually go to tribal or do they stay at camp? Because if it's the latter, his idol could technically be good up until the second merged tribal.

I'd like him to use it before we re-draft though, so I can get those points and dump him.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Leatherhead posted:

I'd like him to use it before we re-draft though, so I can get those points and dump him.

Yeah that’s why I ask he’s no good long term but he’s on my roster.

I was very wrong about several people pregame and he was one of them.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

This seems like a great season for a third hispanic winner. All in on the Karla/Jesse train. Geo is also there.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Leatherhead posted:

Yeah, it's good til HIS second tribal. I forget, do the players who 'win the merge' actually go to tribal or do they stay at camp? Because if it's the latter, his idol could technically be good up until the second merged tribal.

They're there and they vote, so that'd count as a Tribal for him even if he's safe I think.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

They're there and they vote, so that'd count as a Tribal for him even if he's safe I think.

Yeah that makes sense, thanks.

Honestly, if Gabler makes the merge, then depending on how things shake out he could get dragged to the finals as a goat. I still can't tell whether he's a naive loyalty player or an erratic variable who'll need to be sacrificed by his allies.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Oof not a good omen for Ryan saying he threw. Everything I know about editing says he or Geo is toast here but who knows. Maybe they surprise us.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

:lol: Geo opening the knowledge is power adv in front of someone who has an idol. RIP

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'm on the west coast and watch online later anyways, but I'm ignoring all other posts and posting to bring The Good Old Days Back

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
drat this is gonna hurt my fantasy team

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Has throwing a challenge ever worked out?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

Has throwing a challenge ever worked out?
ask these guys

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Studio posted:

ask these guys

After 43 seasons I barely recognize them and don't remember their circumstances.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnvOscZHHW0&t=161s

Also Richard and Vecepia.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Okay, is everyone taking Baka pills on Coco? Ryan was an idiot, Geo blabbed about an advantage, Lindsay torpedoed herself, and Cassidy almost went Lindsay 2.0.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Karla's looking good

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Some truly stupid plays being made this episode, absolutely love it. Especially when someone hyping themselves up as the grand strategist is the one being dumb.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lol that was way funnier than votes usually are right before the merge are. Cassidy’s vote out message was harsh as hell. Funny though.

Geo was way more likable than the usual false mastermind. I honestly kind of find Ryan’s himbo energy to be charming.

Karla is cool. James is cool. Team Blue all the way for me.

I’m liking this season.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

ApplesandOranges posted:

Okay, is everyone taking Baka pills on Coco? Ryan was an idiot, Geo blabbed about an advantage, Lindsay torpedoed herself, and Cassidy almost went Lindsay 2.0.
I don’t feel like Cassidy did anything wrong. She can have full trust in her people and still not be comfortable voting the guy that just want to advantage island, especially when she knows the other votes are coming back her way. What if Geo had a Gabler idol? Unless Karla told what it was, they were asking her to gamble her life in the game there when they could’ve safely voted Ryan.

I’m disappointed we didn’t see that Gabler tribe go back to Tribal. If all of that expired idol drama goes nowhere it’ll be a bummer.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Oct 20, 2022

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man i cant wait for merge so i can fix this horrific mess of a team

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Fast Luck posted:

I’m disappointed we didn’t see that Gabler tribe go back to Tribal. If all of that expired idol drama goes nowhere it’ll be a bummer.

At the bare minimum, Gabler's idol becomes a very good looking fake idol going into merge. That might have some play as along as no one on his old tribe blabs. While he himself might not use the idol, it could always be re-hidden or "given" to someone to set them up. Finding an already expired idol that has been re-hidden might be one step too far for production though. Not sure if that's ever been done? I guess in that situation, they wouldn't have the associated rule paper that is normally alongside a full idol. Since Gabler's rule paper is for the two tribal thing... unless the text was generic enough that it still works for a random hidden idol and was not clearly from Gabler risking his vote?

Teek fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 20, 2022

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
This episode has a decided lack of Cody. 1/10 would not watch again (until next week where I will watch it)

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ryan with one of the best dumb strategies in years. Incredible stuff.

Teek posted:

Finding an already expired idol that has been re-hidden might be one step too far for production though.
It's good tv so they'd let it slide imo.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

Boy Vesi really turned this around, huh? Coco's gone from 6 players basically down to 3 (since Ryan's completely burned), Baka is just waiting to eat each other alive, but it honestly feels like the four Vesi members are gonna stay tight.

If their working relationship with Baka holds, and they remain more loyal to each other, the four of them could go pretty deep. Of course, that's not accounting for whatever 'earn the merge' shenanigans are about to happen. We're merging one person earlier than 41 and 42, and those seasons had a post-merge double elimination, so I don't know what the plan is to get these numbers down.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
drat, I got bumped out of first on tribal council. Gonna put Jeanine back in, hopefully she plays something next week

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

I actually like Cassidy's game here and I think the edit was trying to play up the "she's pulling a Lindsey" with her paranoia. I assume there was a scene with Karla that was omitted but she went with Geo to match the vote despite Ryan being the obvious one for everyone that didn't know about Geo's advantage. If I were in Cassidy's shoes, I would feel very similarly about Ryan who was so obviously playing up a dumb, just so dumb story, and being soooo smug about it. Like drat Ryan, that was so sloppy.

that being said, Karla is playing such a great low-key give nothing away game. I love to see it. Geo would've been fine if he didn't tell Karla, he could've even been in on the Ryan vote. But no, he was so high on his horse he gave away secrets that he didn't need to and was axed for it.

so far I like:
Cassidy (I admit that I think she's cute and generally fairly chill despite this eps 'paranoia' edit.)
Karla, she's actually the boss here.
Cody, I thought I'd hate but drat his salesmanship is actually working and he's #LIVIN
Noelle, at first I thought she might ride the sympathy vote until kicked for being too dangerous but drat she just kicks so much rear end. Unfortunately that will likely get her out before the end but I'm really rooting for her.

honestly, so many others I actually like... drat I guess I think this is a pretty drat good season because while I am rooting for some to get booted before others, I don't actually hate anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Noelle could be quite interesting post merge with all the immunity challenges that involve standing on some platform longer than everybody else...