Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

...did...did Tucker Carlson travel back in time?

Did we?

What the gently caress is this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Angry_Ed posted:

Did we?

Half the nation is now smelling burnt toast on a regular basis and calling it "news". Not too sure how we recover from the effects of all this.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Angry_Ed posted:

Did we?

Every accusation a confession.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Didn’t even bother to spell check Rwandan

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Maybe Tucker wants some Raw Wandin' iykwim

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Angry_Ed posted:

Did we?

Yeah, what is the context here?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

Didn’t even bother to spell check Rwandan

I was so confused i didn't even notice the typo. To be honest that's the least surprising thing about that image.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Tucker didn't misspell 'Rwandan' but 'RaHoWa'.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 20, 2022

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

PeterWeller posted:

Honestly that screencap is just scratching the surface of poo poo Tucker apparently said last night.

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1582928370035138560?s=20&t=pSmzPdZFQrCYKNR_XePbGw

e: https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1582930708011839488

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 20, 2022

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I hope it's fearmongering over learning what necklacing is.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Angry_Ed posted:

You're talking about the guy who, on camera, put a dildo up his rear end to "own the libs" and prove that he's not homophobic.

So yes, to him owning the libs is that important to him.

Didn't he also pour melted chocolate all over his junk at the same time, or am I thinking of some other bizarre online stunt by a brokebrain rightwinger?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

"And in case you think we're cherry-picking quotes to show them out of context and put them in the worst possible light, here's more cherry-picked quotes."

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Didn't he also pour melted chocolate all over his junk at the same time, or am I thinking of some other bizarre online stunt by a brokebrain rightwinger?

There was the whole thing about tanning your taint but that might be something differently entirely.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

TheAmazingAtheist poured hot oil all over his junk during a livestream of some kind.

Hunt11 posted:

There was the whole thing about tanning your taint but that might be something differently entirely.

that was the buttchugging sunlight trend

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

pentyne posted:

TheAmazingAtheist poured hot oil all over his junk during a livestream of some kind.

Didn't it come out that he's literally a shame pig after that stunt?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Hunt11 posted:

Naw, this was a few years ago at least.

pentyne posted:

Ahhhh right, I remember now. Unfortunately.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
The Federalist giving quite a lot of page space to "we should abandon conservatism and become out and out fascists"

https://thefederalist.com/2022/10/20/we-need-to-stop-calling-ourselves-conservatives/

quote:

To stop Big Tech, for example, will require using antitrust powers to break up the largest Silicon Valley firms. To stop universities from spreading poisonous ideologies will require state legislatures to starve them of public funds. To stop the disintegration of the family might require reversing the travesty of no-fault divorce, combined with generous subsidies for families with small children. Conservatives need not shy away from making these arguments because they betray some cherished libertarian fantasy about free markets and small government.

quote:

In other contexts, wielding government power will mean a dramatic expansion of the criminal code.

quote:

On the transgender question, conservatives will have to repudiate utterly the cowardly position of people like David French, in whose malformed worldview Drag Queen Story Hour at a taxpayer-funded library is a “blessing of liberty.” Conservatives need to get comfortable saying in reply to people like French that Drag Queen Story Hour should be outlawed; that parents who take their kids to drag shows should be arrested and charged with child abuse; that doctors who perform so-called “gender-affirming” interventions should be thrown in prison and have their medical licenses revoked; and that teachers who expose their students to sexually explicit material should not just be fired but be criminally prosecuted.

skylined! fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 20, 2022

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

skylined! posted:

The Federalist giving quite a lot of page space to "we should abandon conservatism and become out and out fascists"

https://thefederalist.com/2022/10/20/we-need-to-stop-calling-ourselves-conservatives/

Yup, that's an appeal to fascism alright

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The mask is very much off now

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

skylined! posted:

Gotta admit, of all the tells I was expecting, "restart the Lebensborn Program" was not in my top five (mainly as I was spoiled for choices, but still).

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

skylined! posted:

Ah, so I guess we'll be moving on to the "stop hitting yourself!" phase next.

quote:

In other contexts, wielding government power will mean a dramatic expansion of the criminal code.
This really gives away their next step now that they have captured the courts.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.

quote:

To those who worry that power corrupts, and that once the right seizes power it too will be corrupted, they certainly have a point. If conservatives manage to save the country and rebuild our institutions, will they ever relinquish power and go the way of Cincinnatus? It is a fair question, and we should attend to it with care after we have won the war.
I mean, it’s considerate that someone’s finally saying it out loud, but … yikes.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Angry_Ed posted:

Did we?

PeterWeller posted:

Tucker Carlson was attacking MSNBC for "planning an anti-white genocide."

He said the cause of the Rwandan genocide was a radio station airing constant attacks on the Tutsis, attacks such as "They have way too much power. They're too privileged. They're greedy. They're bigoted. They're racists. They're dangerous." This caused the Hutu to get mad at the Tutsis and blame them for all the problems in society and then they acted on their violent urges.

Since MSNBC is saying the exact same thing about Republicans, clearly they are trying to recreate the Rwandan genocide in the US with whites as the victims.

Because the right wing is definitely not portraying an ethnic group as dangerous violent criminals who are causing rising crime and bringing tons of drugs into our country, not at all, how silly of you to even suggest that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Remember when this woman was on 60 Minutes?

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1583245791568621568?s=46&t=OWEdAZnXyB3bcKeHVdmDZw

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Thanks for the explainer!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Neito posted:

The gently caress?

Right Wing Media thread: After Dark

Triggered, liberals??

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

FlamingLiberal posted:

Remember when this woman was on 60 Minutes?

You know you are nuts when Newsmax thinks you have crossed the line.

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1583069972267696134

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Bill O'Reilly
COMING
UP

lol

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm confused. What did Lara Logan say that upset Newsmax? She didn't say anything worse than what Tucker Carlson says, she basically just said the mainstream Republican position.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm confused. What did Lara Logan say that upset Newsmax? She didn't say anything worse than what Tucker Carlson says, she basically just said the mainstream Republican position.

Actually yeah, Tucker straight up invoked blood libel a couple of nights ago (several posts up this page, in fact) so I'm surprised at this too.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes as bad as Logan’s comments were, the Tucker stuff is way worse and he specifically called out a person on MSNBC

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
B-but I was told that Lara Logan has no agenda... :ohdear:

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Shocked that there is even a level that you can go to that gets you cancelled by Newsmaxx.

The Republican mainstream is hilariously disconnected from reality. My CHUD relatives have gotten progressively more insane as the party lurches into QAnon territory and it is… pretty hosed up honestly. Like, I feel like they are pretty typical rural white idiots (college educated even, so probably a cut above), so as they are getting onboard with “Dems literally r drinking baby blood” I’m getting scared. Not really looking forward to sharing a country with these maniacs.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Lawdog69 posted:

Shocked that there is even a level that you can go to that gets you cancelled by Newsmaxx.

The Republican mainstream is hilariously disconnected from reality. My CHUD relatives have gotten progressively more insane as the party lurches into QAnon territory and it is… pretty hosed up honestly. Like, I feel like they are pretty typical rural white idiots (college educated even, so probably a cut above), so as they are getting onboard with “Dems literally r drinking baby blood” I’m getting scared. Not really looking forward to sharing a country with these maniacs.
It's really just the Satanic Panic of the 1980s all over again. Except this time it spreads faster because of the Internet.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yes as bad as Logan’s comments were, the Tucker stuff is way worse and he specifically called out a person on MSNBC

Ironically after getting fired from CBS, Logan was then fired from Fox for calling Fauci a nazi.

Fox is willing to keep Tucker on for saying the same exact things that they've fired several women for saying. Diamond & Silk got fired, not for promoting covid conspiracy theories and claiming that the government was inflating the numbers, but for doing so while black:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/diamond-and-silk-fox-news-executives-ordered-a-hit-on-us

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I honestly don't think Tucker can get fired at this point. If they were going to do it, it would have been a long time ago.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FlamingLiberal posted:

I honestly don't think Tucker can get fired at this point. If they were going to do it, it would have been a long time ago.
They will absolutely can him if his sponsors recoil. That's how the others got got

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Pretty sure the big ones left years ago, didn't they?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Fox News will never get rid of Hannity or Tucker. No matter how many sponsors leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

FilthyImp posted:

They will absolutely can him if his sponsors recoil. That's how the others got got

He's literally doing full on neo nazi poo poo every night. Theres not going to be a point where they drop him.