Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got that on Steam too and I'm definitely gonna play it after. Hell, I might even play 3 :troll:

There's a Deadspace ...3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

fun hater posted:

the magic ones filled with nails and piss are called "witch bottles" and sometimes you were supposed to throw the piss and nail jar into the fire so it could explode and shoot piss and nails everywhere. also check this out

lol that's the one I was thinking of but I got things confused

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

My issue is that his 2nd phase uses a bunch of my death cards and I made some really good ones so I have to hope he doesn't pick those for me to have any chance of winning.
My cheese strategy has been to use the squirrel-head carving coupled with the "stink" base that lowers offense by 1 against the 3rd boss because I can basically force him to attack in a single lane which makes him manageable. I can use items to rush down the first phase of the final boss because some of those creatures are super hard to deal with but the 2nd phase is throwing me for a loop.

If you can luck into it, I found the squirrel evolution modifier to be really helpful. Makes for a nice swarm of damage that's more or less unlimited.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

dont play it

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

More like Dead of Space 3......Gears......it's a gears of war ripoff.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got that on Steam too and I'm definitely gonna play it after. Hell, I might even play 3 :troll:

3 is solid but it's gone full overthetop goofy so you have to adjust expectations accordingly. Elton John is the villain now, the crafting system means you can break the game open with DevilMayCry melee attacks and sniperrifles built into shotguns, and the campaign was designed with co-op in mind so you miss out on plot nuance if you play singleplayer...

also there's a weird countrywestern trap labyrinth sidequest with a Space Cowboy Jigsaw with a folk song blasting on the ship radio called Harden Fard.

weird game. fun. but i sometimes feel like it's a parody of itself.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

pentyne posted:

More like Dead of Space 3......Gears......it's a gears of war ripoff.

Yes, the joke was that I'm refusing to acknowledge that it exists. I rented it from Gamefly (or its precursor - I forget what it was called. Maybe it was Netflix?) and played for about an hour before I said "no thanks" and sent it back.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Famethrowa posted:

If you can luck into it, I found the squirrel evolution modifier to be really helpful. Makes for a nice swarm of damage that's more or less unlimited.

I can't have that AND the stink/attack lowering thing at the same time and without it (and without getting really lucky), beating the 3rd boss is a bitch since he one-shots anything you attack with.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

Some people have taken to calling it Deadspace Pee

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

new rimworld expansion out tomorrow...

i would be playing this, if i wantsnt extremely deep into an amazing cult sim game rn...

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
zuo ci was somehow even more ridiculous in the novel

e: make mi heng a character, he was the best dipshit sage figure

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 20, 2022

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i havent played rimworld in like a year and a half, maybe i should pick it back up. fun game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

learn acs instead. rimworldl is fun and i still play it but nothing beats reverting a sentient tree into a human that then ascends to a demigod by focusing very hard on the shape of its bones

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

i had a pair of pants turn sentient and discovered that i could turn it into a human.

i also made all the men learn that skillset that causes their dicks to fall off bc only women can learn it. then i turned those into artifacts that they could do chinese wizardry with.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
its still super early access but keep an eye on this rimworld-in-space knockoff developed by an indie studio that just got picked up by paradox

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1380910/Stardeus/

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Can't wait to make a cult of vampires in Rimworld when Biotech drops tomorrow

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Splash Attack posted:

i had a pair of pants turn sentient and discovered that i could turn it into a human.

i also made all the men learn that skillset that causes their dicks to fall off bc only women can learn it. then i turned those into artifacts that they could do chinese wizardry with.

it was only this post that made me realise the game being discussed was Amazing Cultivation Simulation

i initially thought it was Cultist Simulator and got extremely confused

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Stux posted:

learn acs instead. rimworldl is fun and i still play it but nothing beats reverting a sentient tree into a human that then ascends to a demigod by focusing very hard on the shape of its bones

that sounds badass

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Cultist Simulator is my favorite game where I have no idea what is going on and I've never gotten anywhere

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Splash Attack posted:

ive been finally learning divine and phys cultivators andn its continually surprising how many mechanics theyve packed in and how complex they all are lol acs ftw

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

cultist simulator - not ACS - is real easy once you realise you can click the slot where a card goes, and see what cards it accepts. and once you get a rough idea of what all the different principles are for

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Congrats on this thread outlasting Liz Truss.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lmao

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I havent played cultist simulator since the dlc came out but its easily the most enjoyable game ive ever played that someone told me i shouldnt play because it was made by a sex pest

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Terra Invicta is fun if you're a very nerdy grognard (perfect for me)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They made that game The Medium that came out last year which apparently sucks poo poo and has a pedophile character you're supposed to feel sympathy for

he's a pedophile but, and this isn't a joke, the only reason he's a pedophile is because when he was a kid the girl he had a crush on died in the holocaust

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Alaois posted:

he's a pedophile but, and this isn't a joke, the only reason he's a pedophile is because when he was a kid the girl he had a crush on died in the holocaust

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Alaois posted:

lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Stux posted:

ive been finally learning divine and phys cultivators andn its continually surprising how many mechanics theyve packed in and how complex they all are lol acs ftw

Ok but seriously what game is this lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Alaois posted:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Alaois posted:

lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

MarcusSA posted:

I think it's called Amazing Cultivation Simulator?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's world sloth day today

https://twitter.com/UN/status/1583081097021136897

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Alaois posted:

isnt that basically humbert humberts backstory minus the holocaust (and also you arent meant to sympathize with him)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

I think it's called Amazing Cultivation Simulator?

Looks like it is! Thanks!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

amazing cultivation simulator yeah. prewarning thaht the game is unapologetically dense w complex mechanics and doesntn explain itself well and, yo u will require outside resources to work out half of what the systems are doing. whehter that is a positive or a negative is left up to you.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

amazing cultivation simulator, its a chinese rimworld clone thats all about running a daoist fantasy martial arts school where you cultivate Qi and your pawns eventually learn to transmute themselves into pure air and gain immortality and poo poo like that. it has a ridiculous amount of features, you better pay attention to feng shui when building your base because you will rapidly gently caress things up if you like place doors in inauspicious walls and anyway an ancient dragon may fly over and turn everyone into duck penises regardless. its kind of insane

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

John Carpenter loves video games and has said several times that he'd love to make a dead space movie and I'd watch the poo poo out of that

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Also as much as I absolutely adored the original Deadspace, it should never have gotten sequels with the same protagonist (even though DS2 was great). It was the perfect cosmic horror story with a definitive beginning and end and Isaac should never ever have survived the first game. It's not like he was Mr. Personality anyway - just make some new generic white guy for the sequel

Correct, there was only one sequel.

I agree w this but I will say that nothing in a game has ever made me feel more genuine & intense dread than having to make Isaac walk back onto the Ishimura in 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Snow Cone Capone posted:

John Carpenter loves video games and has said several times that he'd love to make a dead space movie and I'd watch the poo poo out of that

100%