Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Yeah Keqing is legit good now with dendro traveler. And if you have a lions roar just lying around its perfect for her
Her skill has extra overworld utility, and she has my favourite character design in the entire game. I'd use her even if she wasn't good.

I do have a Lion's Roar. I gave her my Amenoma Kageuchi for now, because no-one else was using it. Outside of event gimmicks, I've never seen a burst recharge before its cooldown was up until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Kale posted:

Probably because of reasons of bigotry and their god being dead now thus diminishing their authority and standing or something like that. There seems to be a lot of prestige in worshipping the winning/surviving gods in the Archon War in Teyvat is sort of a vibe I've got as well. Like the people in Watatsumi weren't treated super great and kind of forced to live on lovely barren land even though the more directly involved current Raiden seems to be trying to welcome them into the fold at least if they're willing to co-exist even if they still won't pledge themselves to her (which is an outcome that never happens without the Traveler mind you), and the ones that lost their gods or never had one to begin with seem to have been wiped out ages ago in the Archon War or have since fallen in under a new order like Decarabian's people moving over to Barbatos Mondstadt or Liyue with the self-governing thing (which is also an outcome that probably never happens without the Traveler and all the Adepti and Liyue Qixing otherwise Liyue Harbour has probably been Tsunami'd off the face of the map by now).

Keep in mind I've done like 15 minutes of Act III maybe mostly cause I got pulled into it by walking into the quest start trigger zone while trying to progress another quest in Sumeru City.

Definitely keep going with the archon quest, it will continue to explore those themes.

The world quest and desert obelisks will also explore those themes to a lesser degree, though don't go too hard on the obelisks if you don't want to - they can get pretty tough to untangle and mainly just contribute some flavor.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
One thing I wish I knew back when I was too busy to do any exploration, is that you can actually just walk up to and fight the asimon/big dorito robot whenever you want. For some reason I got the impression that it was locked behind a quest like the electrobat. I've been using a level 40 candace all this time lol

I doubt this knowledge will help anyone here, but you never know :buddy:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJMxgsG5tlc

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

MoonCrab posted:

One thing I wish I knew back when I was too busy to do any exploration, is that you can actually just walk up to and fight the asimon/big dorito robot whenever you want. For some reason I got the impression that it was locked behind a quest like the electrobat. I've been using a level 40 candace all this time lol

I doubt this knowledge will help anyone here, but you never know :buddy:
I like that boss, it doesn't have gratuitous inviolability phases, is a short straight Sayu roll from a teleport and falls pretty quickly to Tighnari.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't like it when it goes invisible though, mostly because even if you know exactly where it is your character will autotarget the bits and you can't hit it. Not even to apply the elements they want you to to remove its invisibility! I mean, ideally it will die before this happens but if it doesn't then it's a pain.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Clarste posted:

I don't like it when it goes invisible though, mostly because even if you know exactly where it is your character will autotarget the bits and you can't hit it. Not even to apply the elements they want you to to remove its invisibility! I mean, ideally it will die before this happens but if it doesn't then it's a pain.
Not a problem I've had using Tighnari aimed attacks with raidens skill. Admittedly not everyone will have those characters and they should really do something about the auto targeting issues

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I just dump a bunch of Cryo powers on it and it dies :shrug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I was using a team that's incredibly infeasible for most people (C6 Fischl, Raiden Shogun, Tighnari, Jean) and letting them auto target electro on it while Tighnari shoots it with Dendro.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The F2P option was using Lisa to tag it before it goes invisible and then hold her skill to aoe it.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Clarste posted:

The bits they 'want' you to target are the two healing pod things (which are dendro I think, so you just need an electro, despite what the thing says. I know I've smacked it out of its healing nonsense with just keqing). When it's invisible just destroying one of the four pod things makes it reappear, and those just take any sort of elemental damage. Pretty sure that just like the small ones, smacking the invisible one won't actually make it become visible (unless you manage to kill it, of course). I'm pretty sure they just did a crap job with their "helpful" hint, in terms of when it pops up and what it means. Still better to just burn the goddamn thing to the ground before it gets a chance to do any stupid tricks.

It is definitely annoying when you don't manage to quite kill it and also have no electro to stop it from healing, because that's just wasting time.

Incidentally, if anyone was wondering, unlike most ruin things that require a charged shot to weak points, the wings on the aeonblight whatever just take 'an attack.' So you can just quickscope them and then move your pathetic, sub 10k archer back off the field. Also, lol that a goddamn robot is the only thing in sumeru that reacts to geo. Good thing I thought to bring gorou when I went to see if it would even give a drat about geo/build resistance. Waiting the thing out sucks

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If you cause a quicken reaction on the main robot while it's invisible it will unstealth and fall over. You can sometimes find where it's hidden because it will get debuff arrows from some stuff like being near it with zhongli E. Lisa's mark will stay on it so she makes it easy to find. Nahida's might too though I havent seen confirmation.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Yae's turrets will also target the robot while it's invisible, which makes it pretty easy to spot.

Then you run over to it with Dendro MC and press the right trigger and he just turns around and targets a mechanical thing behind him all the way across the room. Blew a 3* run of abyss 12-3 on that.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

If you cause a quicken reaction on the main robot while it's invisible it will unstealth and fall over. You can sometimes find where it's hidden because it will get debuff arrows from some stuff like being near it with zhongli E. Lisa's mark will stay on it so she makes it easy to find. Nahida's might too though I havent seen confirmation.

So does Hu Tao's blossom

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Aw man, my fridge setup also works decently as a burgeon team, replacing Kuki with Bennett. It also has great access to burning and melt (especially once Nahida drops). But I can't use it properly because I C6'd him. Of course I messed up the one way I'd enjoy using him.

https://i.imgur.com/UXC4iV6.mp4

Kale
May 14, 2010

So yeah from what I gather the only reason the livestream for 3.2 is on Sunday is because it's literally the day after the 20th CCP Party Congress ends to make Xi Jinping Emperor of China for life and that commands the countries full undivided attention for announcements on it's direction for the next 5 years and beyond.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

well, good. I would have been on a flight otherwise.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Meltburn Ganyu is apparently back in the menu with Nahida because of how her E works. The first shot triggers the melt, which triggers nahida's E which immediately re-applys burn for the second hit.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
... maybe I should have rolled for Tighnari's bow :/

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i have so many intertwined fates saved i am gonna get such a giant nahida

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I wish they would add Lisa / Amber / Kaeya to the weapon banner pool. With every new 4* character it's increasingly unlikely to get constellations for starters on the standard banner, and those odds were never good to begin with. My only starter constellations come from the monthly shop.

This weapon banner is awfully tempting. Either of those banner weapons would be perfect for Ayato and the new limited 4* weapons look amazing too. I think I'll wait until the next weapon banner is announced before doing anything silly. I'm not a whale I really shouldn't be wishing on weapon banners at all. I should focus on new characters instead of blinging out my hypercarries.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I was going to say that Key of Khaj-Nisut doesn't seem particularly good on Ayato but then I found a video where someone seems to have made a pretty strong vaporize Ayato setup with it so hey, maybe. Normally Ayato wouldn't care about EM and would much rather have crit stats than a pile of extra HP but with a full vape setup (and enough crit stats from artifacts) he can probably make some big numbers with the Key.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

... maybe I should have rolled for Tighnari's bow :/
I'm sure we'll get another shot at it hopefully paired with something nice. I admit it's definitely the 5* I am most intrigued by now.

Harrow posted:

I was going to say that Key of Khaj-Nisut doesn't seem particularly good on Ayato but then I found a video where someone seems to have made a pretty strong vaporize Ayato setup with it so hey, maybe. Normally Ayato wouldn't care about EM and would much rather have crit stats than a pile of extra HP but with a full vape setup (and enough crit stats from artifacts) he can probably make some big numbers with the Key.
The sad reality of Ayato is that he does better with favonious than black sword in gcsim setups because his personal damage is so minor in vaporize teams. So EM share is likely to outdo the haran passive/substat as well. I still have mine on DPS build though because he is a key player in my 300ms of ping comp for traveling.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 21, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XwlRU2lrPM

New animated video about Mondstadt

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I'm trying to figure out how Nahida will work in a hyperbloom team. The numbers says that off-field Nahida will apply dendro every 2.5 seconds. How many dendro cores can I get out of that, assuming there is also a catalyze reaction?

It doesn't make any sense for Bennet to still be alive by the end of this video. He should be obliterating himself when he sets off his burst. There must be enough i-frames in his burst to save him, which is actually pretty cool.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

The sad reality of Ayato is that he does better with favonious than black sword in gcsim setups because his personal damage is so minor in vaporize teams. So EM share is likely to outdo the haran passive/substat as well. I still have mine on DPS build though because he is a key player in my 300ms of ping comp for traveling.

I was gonna say "in what world is Ayato's personal damage minor??" but on a vape team that's probably proportionally the case given everything else that's going on (i.e. Xiangling).

Still, the video I found had him doing like a 96k vape crit with the Key of Khaj-Nisut which seems like a goofy gimmick if nothing else. Like I wouldn't recommend it as a setup but if you have the Key and no Nilou, well, you can see a big number or two that way. (Although I also wonder if you'd get something just as good with Jade Cutter or Haran and just an EM sands or something, I dunno. Still not something I'd recommend as a way to build an Ayato, but hey.)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

Does ping make that much difference? I can't get below 250ms at the best of times, and I haven't noticed it that often. Though it did surprise me the first time I hit a lag spike and discovered that switching characters is ping-dependent, for god knows what loving reason. I assumed it was just naturally sluggish, so maybe it's screwing me in ways I don't realize.

I did play WoW and FF14 for ages before they added Australian servers, so maybe I'm just used to this sort of thing.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

FractalSandwich posted:

It's a little-known fact that having a Vision also makes you naturally beautiful. Before Xingqiu got his, he had a whiny voice, acne, and a neckbeard.

I'm pretty sure this was all confirmed in an old event you can't see anymore.

I still think they should have had Rana suddenly become an anime upon receiving her vision. Just suddenly her eyes completely change and she gets fancy hair and clothes

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Ytlaya posted:

I still think they should have had Rana suddenly become an anime upon receiving her vision. Just suddenly her eyes completely change and she gets fancy hair and clothes

:hmmyes:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Every anime needs that one 'plain' girl and Rana can be ours.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it would be cool to have a companion-based character whose Q and E focuses on summoning a helper

kind of like Miko's turrets, or Guoba, but more active and mobile

Rana could be that with Aranaras

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Rana's kit should include her axe. If Heizou gets away with being a punchman (catalyst) then she can be axe (spear) or something.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Traveller posted:

Rana's kit should include her axe. If Heizou gets away with being a punchman (catalyst) then she can be axe (spear) or something.

Axe (bow)! Fits the ranger motife. She can still enter aim and mode and just throws Aranas at things.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Excelzior posted:

it would be cool to have a companion-based character whose Q and E focuses on summoning a helper

kind of like Miko's turrets, or Guoba, but more active and mobile

Rana could be that with Aranaras
They should do this with the Harbinger that had the big robot.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Give Miitoboru a Vision and have cannons be his skill and burst.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Make Jeht playable and use Benben for her skill and burst.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Very late to the party but now that I've leveled Yelan she's pretty fun. Using her burst then machine gunning things to death is *chefs kiss*

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
The giant pile of Fragile Resin the game throws at new players finally ran out. I spent the last of it developing Keqing. No regrets.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's crazy that when people level keqing they don't regret it. Dendro really changed the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They've already set the stage with childe and raiden and to a certain extent nilou (conditional skill outcome), all they need to do now is fully embrace the weapon summoning gimmick. Elemental skill use generates a low-duration shield and activates the weapon swap minigame. There are two charges that must be built up for the skill to proc.

E x2 = Greathammer
E x1 Attack x1 = Gauntlets
Attack x2 = Rifle
(these are the fatui weapons, yes)

Activating burst does the special attack asociated with that weapon, adds a fat chunk of damage, and infuses the weapon with its respective element for something like 5 seconds. Hammer = electro, gauntlets = anemo, rifle = pyro.