Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

My cat somehow knows it’s fake. I don’t know why. I played a stylized indie side scroller once where she thought my guy was a fly and I had to stop her from destroying my tv by pouncing on it so it’s not because she’s too smart.

my cat would lead the nfl in sacks if the tv was real football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

goatsestretchgoals posted:

my cat would lead the nfl in sacks if the tv was real football

for too long the puppy bowl has been the highlight of super bowl sunday, but i propose this year we also have a kitty bowl

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Robo Reagan posted:

for too long the puppy bowl has been the highlight of super bowl sunday, but i propose this year we also have a kitty bowl

Good news!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Can we do that but with Boston Dynamic robo-dogs equipped with various melee weapons?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

There Bias Two posted:

Can we do that but with Boston Dynamic robo-dogs equipped with various melee weapons?

It was already done with guns, controversially:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rliFQ0qyAM

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
lol how is twitch consistently the most pathetic platform on the planet

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

which part did you like the most the objectifying women or the sex trafficking?

you have misunderstood the situation

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

kntfkr posted:

Let's come up with high concept twitch streams:

Hot Tub Stream where viewers can donate to raise or lower the temperature of the hot tub.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Hot Tub Stream where viewers can donate to raise or lower the temperature of the hot tub.

already happened, the proof is right here in this verified and true-rated post:

Bad Purchase posted:

a famous streamer was boiled alive in her own hot tub when twitch chat was given control of the water temperature through a donation bot

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

hotdog feet posted:

lol how is twitch consistently the most pathetic platform on the planet

It turns out that 99% of people are not interesting, unique, skilled, funny, special or have anything enlightening to say in any way

Including and especially me

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

It turns out that 99% of people are not interesting, unique, skilled, funny, special or have anything enlightening to say in any way

same lmao

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’m watching twitch right now instead of paying attention in my meeting

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Demon Of The Fall posted:

i'm watching you watching twitch right now

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Demon Of The Fall posted:

cool, seen anyone get trafficked yet?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

It's fun to watch people be really good at videogames sometimes and that's my primary use case for twitch

except for the times I watch a lawyer break down dumb lawsuit stuff, which is also fun but for very different reasons

There's a weird cult of personality thing that pops up real easily for streamers that are live like 24/7 though - parasocial relationship poo poo is brain poison

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

not me. donate now to watch me play destiny 2 and in exchange, I'll show a little side-boob :corrupt:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

This whole thing is starting to smell fake. Very much looking like a new way to grift losers and white knights.

https://twitter.com/hun2r/status/1581568212289785856?s=61&t=-lEPvzkJXe2-zEz053ZVZA

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
How is what you got out of it that it's fake? It sounds like a pretty detailed account of classic patterns of abuse and control

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Its fake.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Flowers for QAnon posted:

This whole thing is starting to smell fake. Very much looking like a new way to grift losers and white knights.

:thunk:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The civil war finger re-enactment must have them all on those little finger skateboards

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
if someone threatened to leave me with only $1 million, i'd probably call their bluff

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

So they went through all these Machiavellian moves, sending fake texts and chat messages and transactions, with her crying on stream for hours and basically doxxing herself, in an attempt to make a one-time event 100% boost on the month or whatever, instead of just milking the cash cow for years which would be far, far more money in the end? And with the possibility of ruining their own reputations and personal relationships if they ever got caught or found out?

You okay bro

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Toxic Mental posted:

So they went through all these Machiavellian moves, sending fake texts and chat messages and transactions, with her crying on stream for hours and basically doxxing herself, in an attempt to make a one-time event 100% boost on the month or whatever, instead of just milking the cash cow for years which would be far, far more money in the end? And with the possibility of ruining their own reputations and personal relationships if they ever got caught or found out?

You okay bro

“I think you’re missing the obvious point that a woman is claiming to be abused. Something that never happens in real life and is only ever claimed in pursuit of hurting innocent men. (This time, by conning them out of money.)”
:goonsay:

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Not surprising the unhinged streamer boyfriend has an account here

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I think we should believe people when they say they're being abused without a mountain of rock solid evidence to the contrary.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

There Bias Two posted:

I think we should believe people when they say they're being abused without a mountain of rock solid evidence to the contrary.

Barring that, you could at least believe your own eyes when seeing it happen right in front of you.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

You can keep dog piling, but it won’t change the fact that this is her streaming “content”. I also nailed the “50s girl Groupon” grifting as a scam. :smuggo:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they're just trying to set her husband up with an alternative income stream as a guest on the alt right podcast circuit where he can rant about being falsely accused and cancel culture

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You can keep dog piling, but it won’t change the fact that this is her streaming “content”. I also nailed the “50s girl Groupon” grifting as a scam. :smuggo:

Doing her job and making a record of abuse - the gravest of sins

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Reality TV shows are old hat. Now everyone loves their reality twitch streams.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Bad Purchase posted:

they're just trying to set her husband up with an alternative income stream as a guest on the alt right podcast circuit where he can rant about being falsely accused and cancel culture

In all reality, I hope she’s not being abused. The story is pinging red flags, but I’m certainly not defending her husband or think he’s being “slandered”. Either it’s real, or it’s a show they are both collectively putting on.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Is walking away from her revenue spigot part of this brilliant business plan you seem to think is orchestrated?

https://kotaku.com/amouranth-twitch-on-break-streaming-kaitlyn-siragusa-1849682238

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I actually believe that she's been abused and that this drama is real. That said, this whole debacle would be a good money-making opportunity for her. After this she'll be considered more vulnerable, relatable and most importantly, single after divorcing her husband.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
its cool that broadcasting your personal relationships imploding means greater profits for amazon

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Saying something obviously wrong and getting called on it isn't dogpiling.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

In all reality, I hope she’s not being abused. The story is pinging red flags, but I’m certainly not defending her husband or think he’s being “slandered”. Either it’s real, or it’s a show they are both collectively putting on.

This post is a great example of someone working backwards from the desire to belabor their point (the point being that they don't believe a woman is being abused).

They know if they just start the post with "I still don't believe her" then no one will follow along, but if you start with some lip service concern and then end with some "anything can be true or not true, maybe even my thing" then you create a kind of posting sandwich where you can put your awful opinion square in the middle.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

sure okay posted:

This post is a great example of someone working backwards from the desire to belabor their point (the point being that they don't believe a woman is being abused).

They know if they just start the post with "I still don't believe her" then no one will follow along, but if you start with some lip service concern and then end with some "anything can be true or not true, maybe even my thing" then you create a kind of posting sandwich where you can put your awful opinion square in the middle.

gently caress you, that’s not it at all you dipshit.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

gently caress you, that’s not it at all you dipshit.

lmao gottem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

sure okay posted:

lmao gottem

Once again, gently caress you. Your accusation is gross as gently caress, and not supported by anything. Dig through my post history. Now I know why goons keeping getting scammed over and over again.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)