Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought the final product has a single player campaign and then a side multiplayer mode that's like a horde mode or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thought the final product has a single player campaign and then a side multiplayer mode that's like a horde mode or something

yeah, it's getting a 4 player horde mode deal added in post-launch, but nothing akin to avengers

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

i started both the avengers campaign and the "war for wakanda" dlc, never finished either

ulysses klaue was about to storm the vibranium mound

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Sad about Gotham Knights. Wonder if Suicide Squad will fare any better

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The DF text writeup of Gotham Knights is openly making GBS threads on the game, I can't remember the last time that happened

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wait Arkham Knights is single player only? (Out of the box)

Everything I've seen screamed multiplayer live service game lol

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Arkham games are some of my favorites (even though I had some major issues with Knight) so it sucks to see this is the state of Gotham Knights (which I wasn't super hopeful for in the first place).

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I hope the suicide squad game gets a Sportsmaster DLC

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

I think it's 2 player co-op for the campaign

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who gets to play Batman and who gets stuck with Batman Jr is going to be very illustrative of you and your friend's dynamics

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What was this before it got deleted?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Jay Rust posted:

Who gets to play Batman and who gets stuck with Batman Jr is going to be very illustrative of you and your friend's dynamics

the biggest test since deciding who had to carry the bucket in FF crystal chronicles

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

What was this before it got deleted?

"can you recognize this game cover art from this extreme closeup?" (it was bloodborne)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

We regret to inform you that Batman is dead at the moment. Check back after the credits.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Jay Rust posted:

Apparently Batman is dead in Gotham Knights

E: beaten like hell

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who gets to play the Joker and who gets stuck with Scarecrow is going to be very telling

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Poor guy who gets stuck as Ventriloquist or Ratcatcher

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
im the joker

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu1KM9HMpso

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pharrell forcing Push to watch Joker and constantly telling him that he's literally Arthur Fleck is the funniest poo poo.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Lol, I'm remembering how before Arkham Knight came out Rocksteady got in front of it saying the character Arkham Knight is totally not the person you think he is you guys.

And then he just... was.

And then everyone's PCs exploded and they refunded everything. In conclusion Arkham Aslyum was a fluke.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The whole series is good, but flawed. Even Asylum has significant problems with it's ending and bosses

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

haven't been following Arkham Knights but drat it looks sick

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
City was a step down from Arkham, game just didn't need an Open World

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I got back into Nuts and Bolts and I'm feeling much more up for it. I even started experimenting with making my own vehicles (not from scratch but modifying the ones you can buy for extra purpose) and it's cool having an idea that works :unsmith:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They should merely replace whatever the playable character is in Arkham Gotham Knights City with Kirby and that should fix it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

JollyBoyJohn posted:

game just didn't need an Open World

Strong disagree. Asylum may have had a tighter story due to the linear flow but City was a better Batman simulator. Asylum didn't let you go out on patrol, brood on rooftops, break up random street crime with batarangs, stumble on unrelated supervillain plots, etc

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

The whole series is good, but flawed. Even Asylum has significant problems with it's ending and bosses

Oh what you don't enjoy every single boss outside of Ivy and Scarecrow if you count him being exactly the same enemy? I think I like City the most overall despite it expanding the game size in a way a lot of people seemed to not enjoy. I even like Origins pretty well outside of how the challenges are designed, I just thought the batmobile in Knight was pretty lovely and the PC performance issues when I played it at launch didn't help.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oh i still need to play the kirby open world game

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

I said come in! posted:

lol Sony deleted their Bloodborne tweet.
A play in two acts

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What worries me about Suicide Squad is based on the fact it's about... well... a Squad! Apparently it's supposed to be single-player capable with the rest of the squad AI controlled but I worry that it's REALLY designed to be multi-player (the industry term for which is "Anti-Jerusalem") :smith:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

oh i still need to play the kirby open world game

It's stage based fyi. But good!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jerusalem posted:

What worries me about Suicide Squad is based on the fact it's about... well... a Squad! Apparently it's supposed to be single-player capable with the rest of the squad AI controlled but I worry that it's REALLY designed to be multi-player (the industry term for which is "Anti-Jerusalem") :smith:

I thought it was Skwad

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
ive seen a lot of videogame opinions on the internet i strongly disagreed with but they were all topped by my irl friend who said the scarecrow segments were the worst bit of arkham asylum

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
went through all the games on https://guessthe.game/

not too bad, overall

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Reminds me of the middle of the PS3 generation when developers started inserting halfbaked multiplayer into their games to fight the used game market except this time it’s so they can sell you mtx

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mr E posted:

Oh what you don't enjoy every single boss outside of Ivy and Scarecrow if you count him being exactly the same enemy? I think I like City the most overall despite it expanding the game size in a way a lot of people seemed to not enjoy. I even like Origins pretty well outside of how the challenges are designed, I just thought the batmobile in Knight was pretty lovely and the PC performance issues when I played it at launch didn't help.

Origins is the most frustrating because the setting is really good and the whole scenario, then it gets hijacked by the Jokester...but that's also pretty good even if it's disappointing that they eject Black Mask from the narrative. And then the Bane Joker team up is sick as hell with the ending of you saving Alfred, but the Bane explanation of why he went full Shumacher is trash. The combat is just off, but the gadgets are cool. The investigations are cool but too few, the bosses are interesting but glitchy. It's a game that just need a few more minutes in the oven.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

If they let you switch on the fly between them like GTAV it could be sick

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
They already did two-character segments in Arkham Knight so I imagine it'll just be an expanded version of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Origins is the most frustrating because the setting is really good and the whole scenario, then it gets hijacked by the Jokester...but that's also pretty good even if it's disappointing that they eject Black Mask from the narrative. And then the Bane Joker team up is sick as hell with the ending of you saving Alfred, but the Bane explanation of why he went full Shumacher is trash. The combat is just off, but the gadgets are cool. The investigations are cool but too few, the bosses are interesting but glitchy. It's a game that just need a few more minutes in the oven.

Yep, it seemed like with all that you mentioned and some challenges (IIRC) only being available in specific combat encounters (or at least being more intended to be completed there) and locking off further challenges if you didn't do them first makes it all seem like it needed a few more months of polish.