Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hwurmp posted:

how do I answer if I, hypothetically, wanted to gently caress bugs already

That is illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

pretend i posted the kafkaesque gif again

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

how do I answer if I, hypothetically, wanted to gently caress bugs already
hwurmp initially got excited when they heard there was a game called bugdom until they played it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Sony/status/1583133482103939072?t=D0z-2qlaacTeSCIYFhQVTQ&s=19

Sony you need to stop doing this.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

bluepoint will be making the remaster and a bunch of people will get angry about it

rox
Sep 7, 2016

The 7th Guest posted:

hwurmp initially got excited when they heard there was a game called bugdom until they played it

bugdom owns, i used to play it in the computer lab at school every day

rox fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 20, 2022

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Poopoint.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao loving trolls

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Bloodborne was 40 years ago gramps. We're all waiting for Black Myth Wukong now, a game that will definitely exist.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This is just cruel at this point

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Jay Rust posted:

Man remember when people would post their Wordle score every day? So obnoxious, today I got it in 4

#Worldle #272 2/6 (100%)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↖️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉
⭐⭐⭐
https://worldle.teuteuf.fr

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Volte posted:

If you were an insect what insect would you be, i would be a stink bug

a bat

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
are we posting dumb things no one cares about?

#GuessTheGame #159

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

https://guessthe.game/

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I wish they made a 3rd "Blinx: The Time Sweeper" game, or even a new Sly Cooper.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

I think if it is mostly speculative without stuff to back up then it would be best to post here. I am trying to keep the industry thread on track and I think here might be better if it is more a chatty kind of topic. :)

Ok :)

Actually, would anyone here even care to hear about any of the developer troubles going on with roblox, because I see more people saying they don't understand or care to understand what roblox even is than I do people who might be curious about shitshow that is being a developer for roblox and trying to maintain a game while turning a profit and putting out content and keeping the playerbase happy. For example, some recent stuff involving a particular roblox game called Royale High which involved trying to raise money for a charity except they were giving so little to the actual charity that it was mostly just the dev and roblox getting majority of the cash for it while avoiding putting out a big content update they've been supposedly working on for years. Or another issue where customer support of any kind becomes a nightmare due to roblox foisting the responsibility of customer support onto developers without giving them the means to perform all the tasks customer support people are expected to do. Or just some interesting developments in general regarding how influencers and merch are tied to games. Or the trouble with adults using the games as an online dating and flirting service where developers are suddenly required to deal with private groups of alleged adults using the game for sex parties while their kids are playing in the public areas.

Sometimes there are even some neat little games too aside from news stuff. Like there's one called Doors that is basically a roblox iteration of the Spooky's House of Jumpscares/Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion formula but multiplayer. Some games even have enough changes that they don't even resemble roblox. But then you get other games like the random server someone made where you spawn into the default map and the only thing there is a gigantic towering t-posing Sonic the Hedgehog that slowly falls backwards and off the edge of the world into the void.

Volte posted:

Minute Pirate Bug

Tiny little duders who have a surprisingly painful bite but it's not really a bite, it's more like they're just piercing the ground they're on and going "is this food" and then it isn't so they just move on. They've got a skull pattern on their back like they're wearing a skull cape. If I ever were to run that tabletop rpg I have where a magical crystal causes bugs to become sentient sapient human-level-intelligence beings then I will definitely pick a minute pirate bug.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would be a quelaag probably

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Volte posted:

shrimp

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Quelana was the best of the Witches, always make sure to not buy her out.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hatty posted:

#GuessTheGame #159

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Welp gonna play all 159 of these

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol Sony deleted their Bloodborne tweet.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i really want to play FF16 but i also don't want to try to buy a PS5 or wait a year for it to come to PC :mad:

I said come in! posted:

lol Sony deleted their Bloodborne tweet.

i didn't even get to see it!

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

hatty posted:

#GuessTheGame #159

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

Some of these I'm getting way too fast lmao. "I recognise that vending machine texture!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

i really want to play FF16 but i also don't want to try to buy a PS5 or wait a year for it to come to PC :mad:

i didn't even get to see it!

It was just a closeup of the box art with a "Guess what Playstation game we're zoomed in on"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

It was just a closeup of the box art with a "Guess what Playstation game we're zoomed in on"

Was it Halo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Pwnstar posted:

Some of these I'm getting way too fast lmao. "I recognise that vending machine texture!"

Cant remember when the Magna Carta was written or state capitals but I can instantly recognize the top of a tree in the second level of Halo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I will recreate the Sony Tweet as a post:

"drat what game is this can you tell :smuggo:"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Game guesser wouldn’t let me type in Furi, it kept autocompleting to something wrong. Zero stars

rox
Sep 7, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I will recreate the Sony Tweet as a post:

"drat what game is this can you tell :smuggo:"

croc 3 lets freaking gooooooooo

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
They shouldn't have sequels because how the gently caress are you gonna differentiate between the generic corridors in Mass Effect 1, 2 or 3.

edit: I mean this is just infuriating

ymgve fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 20, 2022

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i put a long play of the og resident evil 1 on last night while making dinner and it's kinda mind boggling that the original didn't have lisa trevor or crimson heads, top tier additions

Looper fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 20, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds: Battlegrounds

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Here's my current rota (rotation)

- Heardle (songs)
- Actorle (films)
- Filmdle (films)
- Framed (films)
- Moviedle (films)
- Fliktok (films)
- Sqwordle (Pokémon)
- GuessTheGame (games)
- High Score Day (games)
- Wordle (words)
- Dordle (words)
- Quordle (words)
- Octordle (words)
- Weaver (words)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oof

https://twitter.com/EXPayline/status/1583159409014108161?t=M0aU-Tm9NkyCg4rX4jMLmA&s=19

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

Actually, would anyone here even care to hear about any of the developer troubles going on with roblox, because I see more people saying they don't understand or care to understand what roblox even is than I do people who might be curious about shitshow that is being a developer for roblox and trying to maintain a game while turning a profit and putting out content and keeping the playerbase happy.

I'd be interested - at the very least, it'd be an experience to dissect it in retrospective

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i've heard speculation that it was originally supposed to be another multiplayer live service nonsense title before marvels avengers tanked hard and they scrambled to redo it, which, at least, explains why all the streets look about three times too wide for a single character brawler

it absolutely doesn't explain why the game runs with all the speed and smoothness of an icebreaker in january, but maybe they didn't have the time to refine it after the pivot

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder how many live service games need to crash and burn before publishers quit trying

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vermain posted:

i've heard speculation that it was originally supposed to be another multiplayer live service nonsense title before marvels avengers tanked hard and they scrambled to redo it, which, at least, explains why all the streets look about three times too wide for a single character brawler

it absolutely doesn't explain why the game runs with all the speed and smoothness of an icebreaker in january, but maybe they didn't have the time to refine it after the pivot

wait, i thought it was a multiplayer live service nonsense title

it's not??

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Andrast posted:

wait, i thought it was a multiplayer live service nonsense title

it's not??

I think you can have 2 player coop, as a treat?

Idk.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I just wanted another Arkham game :(

E: I know, Suicide Squad is coming and I'm hopeful, but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ymgve posted:

They shouldn't have sequels because how the gently caress are you gonna differentiate between the generic corridors in Mass Effect 1, 2 or 3.

edit: I mean this is just infuriating

The graphics in FH1 and FH5 are very different