Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

hatty posted:

wolbachia

I hit that point in MGS V and it's just as goofy as I remember it. Although since I knew it was coming, I've been able to just embrace the silliness of it all. I did have a good laugh during one of my favorite parts of Huey being the worst when he shoots a half dead Skull Face and goes "I DID IT! I GOT REVENGE!!! :haw:".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Man what if elden ring had race events throughout the world that you could do for a rune award. That would suck so bad

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Luigi's balloon minigame from Odyssey except it's in Elden Ring.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What are we, some kinda suicide squad?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I guess it's time for me to Return to Monkey Island ™️

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

hatty posted:

wolbachia

In the cspam COVID thread they made a bunch of jokes about this because of some right wing Japanese politician saying COVID didn’t spread as much amongst the Japanese because of their soft spoken language

Also I just realized right now wolbachia might be a callback to foxdie. The games alternate between themes of nature vs nurture, gene vs meme, so foxdie was a virus that killed people based on their genetics and wolbachia kills people based on their culture

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

hatty posted:

are we posting dumb things no one cares about?

#GuessTheGame #159

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

https://guessthe.game/

Got the bloodborne one in one guess. Feeling powerful

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I got about 130 of them. The wins are a weird mix of recognizing one very specific but not that important place, recognizing a really distinctive art style, and the site just throwing up a picture of the main character (and then you have to guess which of the half dozen sequels it is)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

In the cspam COVID thread they made a bunch of jokes about this because of some right wing Japanese politician saying COVID didn’t spread as much amongst the Japanese because of their soft spoken language

Also I just realized right now wolbachia might be a callback to foxdie. The games alternate between themes of nature vs nurture, gene vs meme, so foxdie was a virus that killed people based on their genetics and wolbachia kills people based on their culture

It is but it's also a deliberate antithesis of what the Patriots were doing. They flooded the world with so much information that society became atomized and able to be controlled on a macro scale by memetic powers. Skull Faces plan involves atomizing society rather than it's compnents putting the earth in a situation where it's inhabitants look at any outgroups with incredible suspicion. Basically the Patriots are creating a homogenous society that might be differentiated on a micro level, but on a macro level takes on a perfect symmetry that can be observed and controlled. Skull face is trying to make a world that is perfectly asymmetrical in it's equality.

People think Kojima writes this stuff on the spot but he's been thinking about this for awhile. The characters in MGS2 all have names from Paul Auster's New York Trilogy, and certainly MGS2 has a lot in common with that trilogy, but V does as well. The first story in the collection is about a man studying the Tower of Babel, and how the supposed loss of the God language has lead to the eventual dissolution and atomization of modern society.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm doing pretty well considering I don't know video games after 2008 :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

It is but it's also a deliberate antithesis of what the Patriots were doing. They flooded the world with so much information that society became atomized and able to be controlled on a macro scale by memetic powers. Skull Faces plan involves atomizing society rather than it's compnents putting the earth in a situation where it's inhabitants look at any outgroups with incredible suspicion. Basically the Patriots are creating a homogenous society that might be differentiated on a micro level, but on a macro level takes on a perfect symmetry that can be observed and controlled. Skull face is trying to make a world that is perfectly asymmetrical in it's equality.

People think Kojima writes this stuff on the spot but he's been thinking about this for awhile. The characters in MGS2 all have names from Paul Auster's New York Trilogy, and certainly MGS2 has a lot in common with that trilogy, but V does as well. The first story in the collection is about a man studying the Tower of Babel, and how the supposed loss of the God language has lead to the eventual dissolution and atomization of modern society.

Also, someone pees on the main character, which is pretty funny

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I tried the Onimusha remaster and I was really liking it until I found that there's puzzles that kill you.

This is like more sadistic RE.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

WaltherFeng posted:

I tried the Onimusha remaster and I was really liking it until I found that there's puzzles that kill you.

I remember being like 10 years old watching my older brother struggle with the Warlord puzzles and whenever he cleared one I thought he was the smartest person ever.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

hatty posted:

are we posting dumb things no one cares about?

#GuessTheGame #159

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬛ ⬛ ⬛

https://guessthe.game/

this little game actually rules and i say that as a daily multiple heardle consumer

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

WaltherFeng posted:

are you talking about the moving puzzles water closet puzzle because i literally put down onimusha for years because of that one

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

life is a puzzle that kills u

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

are you talking about the moving puzzles water closet puzzle because i literally put down onimusha for years because of that one

Early on there's trap floor puzzle that I thought I could just figure out on the fly but nope, you just die if you choose wrong.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Wife is a puzzow

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wanting to fridge that post

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It feels like Capcom's been talking about this Resident Evil DLC for like a year

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
re4 remake looks sick

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
so glad its not too grounded

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Violen posted:

re4 remake looks sick

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No thanks, bro

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

It feels like Capcom's been talking about this Resident Evil DLC for like a year

Yeah the DLC for RE:Village has been in development since Village released. And then they have DLC for RE4 Remake in the works.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

It absolutely is, in the tapes you get after finishing The Truth Zero pretty much says "oh I don't need those parasites that focus on culture, we can use nanomachines and AI to focus on specific individuals".

Gaius Marius posted:

I think he planned out more than people think but also is willing to just retcon or change things for whatever game he's working on so it's hard to know sometimes which things were part of the outline or things that were added as the game was made.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol my first Zero Mission randomizer run and I beat it without ever seeing Kraid, Ridley, Mother Brain, or a Metroid. It just slammed me right to the Space Pirates to go win

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Last Celebration posted:

I wish my feet could handle doing exercises in place because Ring Fit was really cool as a supplemental workout thing but my horrible horrible feet couldn’t handle it. :(

solidarity, friend

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Next Gen Blast Corps leaked
https://i.imgur.com/f1QxiJk.mp4

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I recently watched No Time to Die, and it was really funny to see that the villain's plan was basically FoxDie. Even the final location of the movie felt like it could fit in a Metal Gear game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Not a scratch on it

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Finished Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, fought the gross flying skull abomination and got the best ending (or at least the best ending that doesn't involve me painting the last couple squares of the map).

Honestly, despite this one being widely regarded as one of the worse GBA/DS CV games, it was pretty alright! Some of the collectables were a pain (didn't find the Summoning Tome until the final map go-over, so didn't get much of a chance to play around with it), but overall I don't get the constant complaints about the map being confusing. Lotta backtracking, but not much worse than say, a Metroid game.

gently caress that second pinball room though. Why is that there? Is Dracula really into marble racing? In Metroid it makes sense that the layout is inconvenient and full of mysterious contrived stuff, it's on a different planet and full of poo poo built by literal aliens. Castle Dracula is just madness. It's wandering through the memory palace of a deranged mind.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

PunkBoy posted:

I recently watched No Time to Die, and it was really funny to see that the villain's plan was basically FoxDie. Even the final location of the movie felt like it could fit in a Metal Gear game.

The next 007 will feature a character who isn’t James Bond and James Bond will randomly show up to save him here and there

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish we would get a Blast Corps sequel.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

The next 007 will feature a character who isn’t James Bond and James Bond will randomly show up to save him here and there

If James Bond looked at the camera and went "kept you waiting, huh?" I'd probably mark the gently caress out, not gonna lie

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1583254244626661379?s=20&t=CdHgh64PXyNZ7Kn5HZN1CA

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Rarity posted:

I'm doing pretty well considering I don't know video games after 2008 :v:

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 21, 2022

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I wish we would get a Blast Corps sequel.

Toy Commander is a pretty decent game that's similar enough but it's stuck on the dreamcast

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

First boss in silent hill was EZ. Solving the ball puzzle sucked though. I wasn't close enough to the hole so it didn't work. So I went through the whole drat school again looking for something else to fill the hole. I much prefer the piano style puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

tekken report: i'm still bad at tekken