Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Lemon posted:

I enjoyed the Halloween episode but had to take multiple breaks due to the chewing noises lol

Kinda glad I'm not the only one who was kinda unsettled by it.

Like it's a really funny bit, I'm just sensitive to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Midwestern Michael's internal monologue is the funniest thing from the show in a long time.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
it was a very good bit but they're still disgusting little poo poo boys for doing that sound to us at all.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I know it's not on the same level, but this is kind of how the Nick Nolte impressions are for me.

I'm otherwise unaffected by food noises. Sorry our boys put you all through that.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Arson Daily posted:

holy poo poo the demon-o's tracker hahahahahaha

I was so disappointed one of them didn't bust out the Jim Belushi voice going "I'm sorry Mr. Demon-o's" but it was a great bit.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Wait there were chewing noises?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

clown shoes posted:

They were eeeee---villlll!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

clown shoes posted:

They were smacking their lips when they did their impersonation of Michael as he eats the dog.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Steve’s right: Halloween IS better than Leprechaun.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
This maybe a super obscure ask, but a wild back they mentioned how during the world series on Fox they'd always announce a new TV show that was "airing right after the game..." but it'd the show was always canceled with in a few weeks.

"Coming up right after the game, she's a dental assistant that is also a vampire, can she make it in the big city?"
or
"Coming up right after the game, he's a psychic circus clown that solves murders!"

I used to have a Youtube link to tons of them, and then it was mentioned on WLM a while back, but now I can't find it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

mweber posted:

Steve’s right: Halloween IS better than Leprechaun.

But no Halloween sequel has ever reached the pure highs of Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood. The best leprechaun movie.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Steve calling Michael Myers "Mike" in the Halloween 2 episode is a great little moment.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The new Hellraiser needs to be on the worst of 2022 when they do that month. It was extremely lame.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

enigmahfc posted:

The new Hellraiser needs to be on the worst of 2022 when they do that month. It was extremely lame.

:lol:

someone hasn't watched or listened to the latest episode on the New York Film Fest

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Super-NintendoUser posted:

This maybe a super obscure ask, but a wild back they mentioned how during the world series on Fox they'd always announce a new TV show that was "airing right after the game..." but it'd the show was always canceled with in a few weeks.

"Coming up right after the game, she's a dental assistant that is also a vampire, can she make it in the big city?"
or
"Coming up right after the game, he's a psychic circus clown that solves murders!"

I used to have a Youtube link to tons of them, and then it was mentioned on WLM a while back, but now I can't find it.

If you do find it, I would love to watch it. I LOVE listening to sports commentators describe the plots for TV shows they clearly don't give a poo poo about.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Super-NintendoUser posted:

or

I can’t remember the episode, but they were doing that bit with Star Wars characters and Eric pulls out “Who’s the Bossk?” and it might be the funniest line from any episode.

The new Hellraiser is stupid fun. A perfectly adequate entry in the series. And, let’s face facts, the first Hellraiser, which is set in whatever country Charlie Bucket lives in, isn’t the classic it’s cracked up to be.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol:

someone hasn't watched or listened to the latest episode on the New York Film Fest

your right, i haven't. I assumed at least one of them loved it, then.

I love the podcast, but one thing I have learned is I should really ignore how they feel about new movies, at least for the first 4-5 months when their opinions actually settle out of 'first reaction/online hype' phase.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

your right, i haven't. I assumed at least one of them loved it, then.

I love the podcast, but one thing I have learned is I should really ignore how they feel about new movies, at least for the first 4-5 months when their opinions actually settle out of 'first reaction/online hype' phase.

Or, get this, you’re wrong

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Prop Wash posted:

Or, get this, you’re wrong

about...how they feel about Hellraiser, or that my opinions are wrong?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I loved the new Hellraiser - it could have been edited down a little tighter and not been two hours, but otherwise it was a strong entry

They mentioned it being too dark in the On-Screen and I didn't think it as much, but also I watched it on a huge projector in a pitch-black room which probably loads the dice of legibility

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

dorium posted:

But no Halloween sequel has ever reached the pure highs of Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood. The best leprechaun movie.

Ended up watching this entirely by accident awhile back and my dude has an extremely correct take here

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I thought the first Leprechaun in the Hood was better than the sequel

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
The guys from Uhh Yeah Dude are friends with the lady who plays the new Pinhead, so that means new Hellraiser is good.

The only place I can find Leprechaun Back to tha Hood is with commercials on the Roku Channel, and that seems just about right.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Saw Exorcist III for the first time tonight in preparation for next week, and it is... good ? not great, but very interesting and engaging .
Also , why waste budget showing gore on screen when its cheaper and more effective having Brad Douriff stare at you and describe the horror .
So yeah, I liked it. maybe its not Leprechaun 2 good, but it was good .

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

admataY posted:

Saw Exorcist III for the first time tonight in preparation for next week, and it is... good ? not great, but very interesting and engaging .
Also , why waste budget showing gore on screen when its cheaper and more effective having Brad Douriff stare at you and describe the horror .

The best 1.5 seconds of horror caught on film.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

admataY posted:

If you can find it, check out the director's cut.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Loose Loomis and the impressions make every Halloween episode a delight, even with the loving vile eating noises. I hope they eventually cover 4 and 5 just so I can have more Loomis

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
"Hello, Burger King? EEEEEVIL is coming!"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tato posted:

Loose Loomis and the impressions make every Halloween episode a delight, even with the loving vile eating noises. I hope they eventually cover 4 and 5 just so I can have more Loomis

Fortunately they cut down on the latter by 99.9% for Halloween II

"Howard, did you hear me I shot him SIX TIMES!"

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Georgetown’s rowing team is really, really bad and has been since the time of filming The Exorcist 3.

Edit: Correction: that is not Georgetown rowing at the beginning of The Exorcist 3. C’mon, Eric.

mweber fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 18, 2022

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Ahhhh, real podcasters!

https://twitter.com/therealsobreiro/status/1583161317225304064?s=20&t=EMqKpClYVnm_9egl3WWPKw

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Felipe’s art is such an integral part of the show, honestly. Crazy to imagine the early days without it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Art? That just looks like a photo shoot to me.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It's amazing how he can make such little changes to the characters, but you know exactly who is who

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

That’s actually how I picture Eric so it works

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Making my way through The Exorcist 3 episode. Never saw the movie but their George C Scott impression reminds me of their Nick Nolte

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Exorcist 3 is super worth watching imo. Definitely with Andrew and Chris on this one.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I haven't listened to the podcast in a while but I'm listening to the Exorcist 3 episode and dying at the George C Scott impressions/bits. I dunno what it is about it but specifically the "super loud and intense to calm and collected" bit is so goddamn funny.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Cael posted:

Felipe’s art is such an integral part of the show, honestly. Crazy to imagine the early days without it.

He's a pretty talented artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TTBF posted:

Exorcist 3 is super worth watching imo. Definitely with Andrew and Chris on this one.
I watched it for the first time the other night to prepare for this episode and I was totally into it. Highly recommend it.