Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I am currently working on a cattle ranch so this is going to give me nightmares, thanks friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/dbs20191/status/1582487142084726784?t=ueveOS46ilh7k5okIGxWFg&s=19

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
When you say the same rumor once every 2 weeks eventually you'll be right

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I want to believe. I can't, it's probably bullshit, but I want to.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Why is it so farfetched for DB to start doing a weekly anime again? It’s still fairly popular last I checked

Also Jump Fiesta is this December so if we get any news it’ll most likely happen then

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Larryb posted:

Why is it so farfetched for DB to start doing a weekly anime again? It’s still fairly popular last I checked

Also Jump Fiesta is this December so if we get any news it’ll most likely happen then

Bloomberg is sure that the Switch Pro will be announced any day now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

It's not that it's farfetched for DB to get a new weekly anime, it's that we've had these rumours for a long time now with zero evidence to prove them right, and it always ends in nothing. Most we know for sure is that there's a new movie in the works, but there's no official confirmation of an anime. It may happen! I hope it does! But it's hard to believe a random tweet with zero proof, even moreso when "new DB anime" comes up so often.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's not that it's farfetched for DB to get a new weekly anime, it's that we've had these rumours for a long time now with zero evidence to prove them right, and it always ends in nothing. Most we know for sure is that there's a new movie in the works, but there's no official confirmation of an anime. It may happen! I hope it does! But it's hard to believe a random tweet with zero proof, even moreso when "new DB anime" comes up so often.

Good point though I wouldn’t be surprised if it does eventually come back either. We’ll see I guess

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Surely this time there's nothing else Toei can spend two years animating instead

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Are the current rumors saying it'll replace Dragon Quest or Digimon? I wanna make dumb jokes but I gotta know from which.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

Are the current rumors saying it'll replace Dragon Quest or Digimon? I wanna make dumb jokes but I gotta know from which.

Dragon Quest is on a completely different network so that’s out already

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The only rumors that have come from, like, semi-reliable sources like spanku is that there's going to be a web anime in 2023 and a tv series in 2024

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hyped for the next DB Heroes anime in November.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Hyped for the next DB Heroes anime in November.

the rumors have also been insistent it's not a Heroes thing and is an in-house Toei team not the Bandai team that worked on that series

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blockhouse posted:

The only rumors that have come from, like, semi-reliable sources like spanku is that there's going to be a web anime in 2023 and a tv series in 2024

For whatever matters, this would be consistent with the anime being announced in late November/early December if it comes in 2023.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Larryb posted:

What the others said, and Dragonball seems popular enough to sell shittons of merch without a running show so there is presumably less "need" for one.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Blaze Dragon posted:

For whatever matters, this would be consistent with the anime being announced in late November/early December if it comes in 2023.

yeah but these tweets are definitely not specific about it being a web anime which I think is going to blow up in their faces when it turns out it's not Dragon Ball Super 2

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Zedd posted:

What the others said, and Dragonball seems popular enough to sell shittons of merch without a running show so there is presumably less "need" for one.

It's probably inevitable that there will be a new one eventually.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
How in God's name does an announcement require planning?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I mean...every announcement is planned? It's part of why you have a PR department.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

:dafuq:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Everyone should just be able to say whatever at any time with the full backing of their company and government!!! That's what I've announced!!!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Thought there'd be a chapter released today, especially since they went on break last month :confused:

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Looks like the next manga chapter is comin' out in november

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

White Light posted:

Thought there'd be a chapter released today, especially since they went on break last month :confused:

It wasn't ever said when it'd come back, and Mangaplus has no date for its return.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Aw that's no fun, maybe they had to take an extra month or three to workshop around the bad Frieza plot point or something, who knows

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

They barely scraped together enough story for that awful Gas saga, hopefully they're taking this extra time to figure out actual character arcs and anything interesting to go from there.

If all they do is have Goku and Vegeta train to surpass Freeza to reclaim the strongest title, then ehhh.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

iamsosmrt posted:

They barely scraped together enough story for that awful Gas saga, hopefully they're taking this extra time to figure out actual character arcs and anything interesting to go from there.

If all they do is have Goku and Vegeta train to surpass Freeza to reclaim the strongest title, then ehhh.

Prepare to be disappointed. Every time we think the manga's turned a corner it lurches straight back into being awful, I just don't think Toyotaro has it in him

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

No Dignity posted:

Prepare to be disappointed. Every time we think the manga's turned a corner it lurches straight back into being awful, I just don't think Toyotaro has it in him

I have like zero expectations of anything "good" at this point. I wouldn't say the manga is at Dexter season 8 hate watching level entertainment, but it's mostly fun talking poo poo about it in these forums with you fine folks.

Most of the good stuff in Super is either relative to braindead DB arcs or plain irony anyway. The handful of genuinely good bits are things they can't spam like cool powerups.

There's decent potential with the multiverse stuff but fan mangas and other franchises are all exploring those things right now, probably better than Toriyama can cook up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Toriyama just cooked up an excellent movie.

Maybe the best DB movie. Top 3 at any rate.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'll probably read a couple chapters of the new arc, but I'll lose interest soon enough and then pick it up near the end of the arc when all the bad habits kick in again and things get real dumb.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

iamsosmrt posted:

There's decent potential with the multiverse stuff but fan mangas and other franchises are all exploring those things right now, probably better than Toriyama can cook up.

No. and also toryiama just made probably the most genuinely fun DBZ movie they've ever done in Super Hero and it's got 0 to do with multiverse and it's just plain good not relative to anything. Sorry you should try being cool and enjoying things instead of this.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The multiverse is cool though.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No. and also toryiama just made probably the most genuinely fun DBZ movie they've ever done in Super Hero and it's got 0 to do with multiverse and it's just plain good not relative to anything. Sorry you should try being cool and enjoying things instead of this.

I enjoy it enough, no offense to anyone. My comments are pretty lighthearted, honest, and it's mostly in regards to wherever the manga is going, thought I probably cited the wrong author. Chill?

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
It would be wonderful if a new anime announcement was part of the reason

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

White Light posted:

Aw that's no fun, maybe they had to take an extra month or three to workshop around the bad Frieza plot point or something, who knows

Frieza was the best part though?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder if we'll ever get to see what those other four universes are like. Or Universe 6.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

No Dignity posted:

I mean, the start of both of the manga only arcs were good.

What he doesn't have in him is bringing anything to a satisfying conclusion ever.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Blockhouse posted:

I mean...every announcement is planned? It's part of why you have a PR department.

I know., it's just dumb. It's like trailers for trailers. Just loving say 'we are releasing X on Y, it will star A, B, and C and be about [things].'
Like I'm sick of the constant content ecosystem of announcements for announcements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That was a leak, not an announcement.