Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I asked this in the regular thread but it's probably better suited for here

I need to snag a QB for Josh Allen's bye week. Geno, Jimmy, and Matt Ryan (the latter two because of matchups) seem to be the best options out there. Anyone lean any particular way? Standard scoring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Trying to figure out who to pick up and start since Eagles D is off this week.

NYJ @ DEN
NE v CHI
DAL v DET

Those look good. Specifically Jets and Cowboys have my attention. Also a good mix of others on waivers if I should look elsewhere.

I'll preface by saying you are likely 100% fine going with the Jets because the Broncos offense is TRASH. But it's an away game which always gives me pause.

NE is at home for MNF. It's gonna be a bloodbath for Fields.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

drat y’all appreciate ya. I think I’m rolling with NE but yeah, Jets would definitely be “safe” too. It just feels right to watch NE on Monday with them on my team. This means Justin Fields is going to tear them apart for 5 tds or something of course.

IcePhoenix posted:

I need to snag a QB for Josh Allen's bye week. Geno, Jimmy, and Matt Ryan (the latter two because of matchups) seem to be the best options out there. Anyone lean any particular way? Standard scoring.

I would go for Jimmy G. The game is a 1pm against KC and that could easily turn into a huge shootout.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Kilometers Davis posted:

Trying to figure out who to pick up and start since Eagles D is off this week.

NYJ @ DEN
NE v CHI
DAL v DET

Those look good. Specifically Jets and Cowboys have my attention. Also a good mix of others on waivers if I should look elsewhere.

I put claims in for NE and NYJ. Lost out on NE but got NYJ and I'm happy with that.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. The flip side to being traumatised by so much Prime Time Broncos recently (not to mention completely bailing on any of their fantasy assets) is that I feel real good rolling with the Jets D this week.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PPR, pick 3
Aaron Jones @ WAS
JRob vs NYG
Kenneth Walker @ LAC
Tony Pollard vs DET

I'm leaning sitting JRob because he's scored like 15 points over the past 3 weeks since the other 3 have great matchups.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

PPR, pick 3
Aaron Jones @ WAS
JRob vs NYG
Kenneth Walker @ LAC
Tony Pollard vs DET

I'm leaning sitting JRob because he's scored like 15 points over the past 3 weeks since the other 3 have great matchups.

Agreed, JRob is the sit here.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

0.5 PPR, pick 1 RB and 1 Flex :)

CEH @ SF
G. Pickens @ Mia
JK Dobbins vs Cle
L. Murray vs NYJ
W. Robinson @ Jax

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'd probably stay away from Dobbins, who the gently caress knows what the Ravens are doing there.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

dxt posted:

Agreed, JRob is the sit here.
Cool, thank you.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CEH @ SF
D Montgomery @ NE
JRob vs NYG

Pick 2 :cry:

Nintendo 49ers posted:

I put claims in for NE and NYJ. Lost out on NE but got NYJ and I'm happy with that.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. The flip side to being traumatised by so much Prime Time Broncos recently (not to mention completely bailing on any of their fantasy assets) is that I feel real good rolling with the Jets D this week.

Same thing happened to me! I’m okay with it. I would have preferred NE maybe but the NYJ matchup is just so right and their defense has been on fire. I’m ready for this bye week!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lol my league had a full on bidding war on the NE defense. 10/14 teams bid on it.

I was the only one who bid on Taysom Hill so it shows where the priorities are

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have Taysom in my lineup right now, but I'm guessing Dalton suits up somehow.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Kilometers Davis posted:

drat y’all appreciate ya. I think I’m rolling with NE but yeah, Jets would definitely be “safe” too. It just feels right to watch NE on Monday with them on my team. This means Justin Fields is going to tear them apart for 5 tds or something of course.

I would go for Jimmy G. The game is a 1pm against KC and that could easily turn into a huge shootout.

Shootouts aren't exactly Jimmy's forte. I'd go Geno against a not good Chargers defence

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

IcePhoenix posted:

I go Geno. I know he had an off week, but he still looks good to me. Plus, he has rushing upside for his floor.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Need a flex in full PPR:

E. Benjamin vs NO
A. Pierce @ TEN

I'm actually leaning towards Pierce because I kind of need a homerun with the bye week hell and Benjamin didn't really impress against the not very good Seattle defense.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

.5ppr flex:

Diontae Johnson @ MIA
James Robinson vs NYG
Romeo Doubs @ WAS
Brian Robinson Jr vs GB
Kareem Hunt @ BAL
Juju Smith-Schuster @ SF

Approximately 1% chance I choose the right one, all of them are within 1 point of each other on projections

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

MakaVillian posted:

Shootouts aren't exactly Jimmy's forte. I'd go Geno against a not good Chargers defence

Honestly yeah that’s probably the most solid bet.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Eagles D is out and I didn’t win the Pats with FAAB (someone spent like 11% on them).

Right now I have WAS v GB but am thinking about picking up BAL v CLE. The Browns run game is good but the Ravens are actually a solid defense.

I’m also looking at ARI v NO tonight since Thursday/Monday games are usually stinkers but idk if Arizona is actually that good of a defense. Their only big points have come from defensive TDs.

I miss my Eagles :(

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Whoreson Welles posted:

Eagles D is out and I didn’t win the Pats with FAAB (someone spent like 11% on them).

Right now I have WAS v GB but am thinking about picking up BAL v CLE. The Browns run game is good but the Ravens are actually a solid defense.

I’m also looking at ARI v NO tonight since Thursday/Monday games are usually stinkers but idk if Arizona is actually that good of a defense. Their only big points have come from defensive TDs.

Is NO available? Arizona's offense has been anemic lately. (Although they do get Nuk back)

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Dango Bango posted:

Is NO available? Arizona's offense has been anemic lately. (Although they do get Nuk back)

They are, and trust me I know. I’m a sorry Conner owner. Problem is the Saints secondary is pretty miserable and they don’t get many sacks.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Whoreson Welles posted:

NYJ available? NYG?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Jets are taken too. Giants are there though, as are the Bengals. I figure either of them has to be better than the Commanders.

Nov 6, 2002

So the Saints defense is banged up and it's a short week. Do I dare start Hopkins over any of these dudes?

Chris Godwin @ CAR
Christian Kirk @ NYG
Michael Pittman @ TEN
Mike Williams @ SEA

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Nuk is (maybe unfortunately) in DSYS territory. Kyler is going to be forcing him the ball.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

With Marquise Brown out, yeah I think I'd be gambling on Nuk despite usually being on the "give the returning-from-injury/suspended guy a game to get back in the groove" side of things.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I'm trying to decide between

CEH @SF
Brian Robinson vs. Green Bay

CEH is sharing carries but the SF defense looked awful last week.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The X-man cometh posted:

I'm trying to decide between

CEH @SF
Brian Robinson vs. Green Bay

CEH is sharing carries but the SF defense looked awful last week.

I trust the Chiefs backfield more than the Commies

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bellmaker posted:

I trust the Chiefs backfield more than the Commies
Same, especially with how banged up SF's defense is.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

So the Saints defense is banged up and it's a short week. Do I dare start Hopkins over any of these dudes?

Chris Godwin @ CAR
Christian Kirk @ NYG
Michael Pittman @ TEN
Mike Williams @ SEA

I'd start him over Kirk

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

PPR
Hockenson @ DAL
Taysom @ ARI
I'm hoping Hill has another good game and I can trade him away.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Another Nuk question. 0 PPR, need a flex.

DeAndre Hopkins v NO
Najee @ MIA
Zeke v DET

Good matchups all around. Generally don't like to start someone on their first game back, but Najee has been disappointing all season, and Zeke is splitting carries but was good last week and could be a good start this week against Detroit.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chernabog posted:

PPR
Hockenson @ DAL
Taysom @ ARI
I'm hoping Hill has another good game and I can trade him away.

I have this same option and I'm going with Hill. Thursday night weirdness for a gadget player :getin:

Nov 6, 2002

dxt posted:

Another Nuk question. 0 PPR, need a flex.

DeAndre Hopkins v NO
Najee @ MIA
Zeke v DET

Good matchups all around. Generally don't like to start someone on their first game back, but Najee has been disappointing all season, and Zeke is splitting carries but was good last week and could be a good start this week against Detroit.

Hopkins would be my choice, has the highest ceiling there, but probably lowest floor.

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd start him over Kirk

Thanks, agree, needed a second opinion.

.5 PPR, Gotta make an ugly choice at RB:

Najee Harris @ MIA
Eno Benjamin vs NO
Kenyan Drake vs CLE

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 20, 2022

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
With Harris off the injury report, should I be starting Ken Walker over rhamondre Stevenson?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Floofy posted:

With Harris off the injury report, should I be starting Ken Walker over rhamondre Stevenson?

Champagne problems right here.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I went with eno this week but I have 0 confidence.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Champagne problems right here.

I guess so, lucky me.

Pick three then?

Aaron Jones
Zeke
Walker
Rhamondre

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Floofy posted:

I guess so, lucky me.

Pick three then?

Aaron Jones
Zeke
Walker
Rhamondre

Toss up between benching Zeke and Jones for me. Leaning towards benching Jones because Zeke's matchup is good.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Floofy posted:

I guess so, lucky me.

Pick three then?

Aaron Jones
Zeke
Walker
Rhamondre

Packers are a mess but I’d bench Zeke

5 PPR standard Yahoo scoring