Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

univbee posted:

Good news for everyone in this thread with hot takes on the CMA!

https://twitter.com/GIBiz/status/1583116076824629249

I feel bad for the interns that will have to read the responses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

SpiderLink posted:

It's a bummer, these games deserve better. Also I want Origins in BC, give it to me.

Arkham Origins is BC!

The ending to this is loving perfect :discourse:

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

SUNKOS posted:

Arkham Origins is BC!

You're right, I meant to say digital!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

American McGay posted:

One of these came out in 2015.
How does this manage to not even hit a locked 30fps on current gen systems while not looking as good as a 7 year old game :psyduck:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm sure it looks better in moti--gently caress!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

How does this manage to not even hit a locked 30fps on current gen systems while not looking as good as a 7 year old game :psyduck:

According to the devs on their discord, it's because of untethered multiplayer in a big open world city. A feature that GTA4 had, and supported more than 2 players

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Sounds dumb.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The line was that upping framerate isn't as simple as dialing down graphics. And that may be true! But if it is it's because they beefed it. There's no good reason why framerate should be throttled by anything having to do with the network

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just add a 1440p mode.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Buddy, I used to game on a Mac, the resolution shifting can only do so much...

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

univbee posted:

Arkham Knight had similar performance issues in its day, but only on PC. The XB1 and PS4 versions were fairly solid but the PC version was so wonky Steam had a Cyberpunk-esque no-question-asked refund policy for the game.

At the time it was believed to be related to overactive Denuvo. DF actually tested this years later when the Epic Games version was released Denuvo-free and found no meaningful difference even on launch-era hardware, but that could have been post-launch patching.
Arkham Knight's PC port was allegedly produced extremely quickly by an external studio, and I believe it actually got pulled from sale for a bit until it got patched.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

Just add a 1440p mode.

Their excuse was specifically regarding that lmao

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1581093863455719424/photo/1

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Montreal, your fate is sealed. Time to become part of upstate New York.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The Kins posted:

Arkham Knight's PC port was allegedly produced extremely quickly by an external studio, and I believe it actually got pulled from sale for a bit until it got patched.
There's also a mod that removes hitching caused by streaming LODs as you move around, making the game play fantastic on modern cards. I beat it initially on a 2GB 770, it really needs 4GB VRAM or more. 60fps brawls are even more zen

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

gah!!

I know that making games is tough but come on

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Series S version runs at 1440 and it’s the most performant version. I’ve heard it’s because it has the correct type and amount of ram.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Kins posted:

It was pulled for sale for ages.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I only need 2 frames for you nerds. One frame is me punching and the other frame is you hitting the floor.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I only need 2 frames for you nerds. One frame is me punching and the other frame is you hitting the floor.

this is your frame

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I have a theory that most super hero games are bad because they are selling the game solely on the IP to MCU types who love mediocrity. I haven't played any for a very long time but has there been any actually good superhero games in the past decade aside from Arkham and spiderman if you count those.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think I've ever played one I liked.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the wolverine game on PS3 ruled. Raven software made this crazy violent game to tie in with the pg13 lameass origins movie. Lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the wolverine game on PS3 ruled. Raven software made this crazy violent game to tie in with the pg13 lameass origins movie. Lol

Did you ever play that Punisher game way back (PS2 maybe?) it was like Mortal Kombat level fatalities

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

New wolverine game is gonna be great I think

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Seltzer posted:

I have a theory that most super hero games are bad because they are selling the game solely on the IP to MCU types who love mediocrity. I haven't played any for a very long time but has there been any actually good superhero games in the past decade aside from Arkham and spiderman if you count those.

I said to myself "challenge accepted" and then I realized you are completely right. Going back to GC, PS2, Xbox era I can think of a few.

As mentioned, the Punisher game where you can put people's heads in vices and drill into their skull owned. I think there was a half decent open world Hulk game around then. Ultimate Spider-Man and the two Rami based Spier-man games ruled. 2 even had a smaller story were you played as Green Goblin with his glider and gadgets.

And don't you forget about Viewtiful Joe :hehe:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Spawn game on the GameCube was fun for a rental

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

the Injustice games were alright, but more notable for producing comics that were much better than actual DC continuity :colbert:

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Viewtiful Joe is the best comic book game, it's old enough to drink tho

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

the Injustice games were alright, but more notable for producing comics that were much better than actual DC continuity :colbert:

I'm really hyped for the Multiversus tie in comics.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Awe man!

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Apolog not accepted

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Volte posted:

Apolog not accepted

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Hulk Ultimate Destruction still the GOAT

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Prototype was by the same people and that was awesome. I'd love to see a new Prototype game on current gen, or a spiritual successor by the same devs, they really get how to make fun open world superhero/villain games.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Volte posted:

Apolog not accepted

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Heck the first crackdown game was fun superhero game. I don't even remember playing the sequels tho

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

priznat posted:

Heck the first crackdown game was fun superhero game. I don't even remember playing the sequels tho

The sad remains of what was released of Crackdown 3 were fine for a 6 hour second screen collectathon. Game Pass it up.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I completely forgot about that game and it's funny how everyone got it just for access to the Halo 3 beta but ended up loving it.

The second one seemed really unappealing being set at night and full of zombies (I think?) after the first game was so colorful and refreshing during that era of brown and bloom. Shame the third one turned out bad as well apparently. Never played that either but the gameplay videos of the destruction were impressive yet they seemed to gently caress stuff up iirc. I'm not even sure how since it's such a basic winning formula but :shrug:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah when you powered up on jump orbs that game was fun as hell. I think I tried 2 and 3 but I don't remember anything about them, laff. Was 3 with Terry Crews? Ok I remember one thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Hope we get Terry Crews' agent in Killer Instinct 2.