Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Putting on your own CD for a dinner date is like an I Think You Should Leave premise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

General Dog posted:

Putting on your own CD for a dinner date is like an I Think You Should Leave premise

it went downhill from there

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Silly Burrito posted:

My coworker introduced me to a new phrase about almost crapping yourself while running to the toilet: “I had a one inch grip on a ten inch turd.”

I’m gonna have to find a way to work that into a conversation somehow and spin it off as folksy southern wisdom.

Imma stealing that as well.

(The phrase not the turd)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

General Dog posted:

Yeah, I was roommates with a guy studying music engineering a decade and a half ago, so hung out with a lot of people aspiring to be professional musicians of some sort, rock bands, singers, DJs, and none of them would have pulled that poo poo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The I Think You Should Leave version would have it all be public domain stuff- The Star-Spangled Banner, Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star, The Birthday Song, etc.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

General Dog posted:

I know our Jackin’ schedule has been erratic lately, but is anyone up for trying the just-released Party Pack 9 tonight?

(Just so we’re all clear, I’m talking about game night, not masturbation)

I'm sorry I pretty much bailed on you guys. My evening priorities shifted and so did my wife's work schedule. I miss you guys though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

My coworker introduced me to a new phrase about almost crapping yourself while running to the toilet: “I had a one inch grip on a ten inch turd.”

I’m gonna have to find a way to work that into a conversation somehow and spin it off as folksy southern wisdom.

my best friend calls it "turtling"

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

I'm sorry I pretty much bailed on you guys. My evening priorities shifted and so did my wife's work schedule. I miss you guys though.

No need for anyone to feel bad; we started this thing deep into 2020; a lot of people have more going on personally and professionally nowadays (myself included), and that’s largely a positive development.

That said, going by the discord I think we should have enough for a good game tonight so we’ll go ahead and plan for

Game night tonight at the traditional time, 7:30 CDT. We’ll be taking the just-released Party Pack 9 on its maiden voyage.

https://discord.gg/Wa2SYvSR

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Prairie dogging, mud turtle in a headlock, etc etc

Android Apocalypse's post reminded me of the thing I miss the most about flying unmasked- being drunk in airports and on planes :(

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fifty Three posted:

mud turtle in a headlock

Never heard that one, stealing that too

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Aside from when I had food poisoning I've never had a problem getting to the bathroom in time.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
What the hell do you talk about with people at the bus stop then??

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

What the hell do you talk about with people at the bus stop then??

Various rashes.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Skwirl posted:

Aside from when I had food poisoning I've never had a problem getting to the bathroom in time.

You must not run/walk then. There is nothing like the horror of knowing you have half of your route left before you get back home with no public toilets available.

That gurgle mid-walk is frightening.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Apparently one of James Gandolfini's things was to loudly ask friends "How's the rash?" when greeting them in public places, and I think that's pretty funny.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Skwirl posted:

Wow. Brag much?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

You must not run/walk then. There is nothing like the horror of knowing you have half of your route left before you get back home with no public toilets available.

That gurgle mid-walk is frightening.

Literally happened to me during a 10k. THANK GOD for the random porta-potty not part of the race that was along the trail. Probably made everyone laugh seeing me sprinting for it, but better that than being like that one pic where the runner has liquid poo poo all over his legs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I don't run now, but when I was in my 20s I would run 7 miles 3 times a week and manage to not poo poo in my pants.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

General Dog posted:

The I Think You Should Leave version would have it all be public domain stuff- The Star-Spangled Banner, Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star, The Birthday Song, etc.

https://youtu.be/HEEBMYjDQlM

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fifty Three posted:

Prairie dogging, mud turtle in a headlock, etc etc

Android Apocalypse's post reminded me of the thing I miss the most about flying unmasked- being drunk in airports and on planes :(

Startin to crown

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

^^shot

chaser:

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1583155998503510016

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I can’t believe we have a Taylor Swift album and a Carly Rae Jepsen album (and also a Tegan and Sara album) all dropping tomorrow. Should be enough music to last into March.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

New Arctic Monkeys tomorrow too. They’ve gone full-on lounge act and I am extremely Here For It

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
It's apparent Who Matters in vinyl pressing these days-- I preordered Betty Who, Carly and Taylor and only TS is showing up at launch.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I know different strokes and all but sheesh.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Silly Burrito posted:

I pretty much stick with a “touching cloth” but those are all pretty good ones.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

I don't run now, but when I was in my 20s I would run 7 miles 3 times a week and manage to not poo poo in my pants.

I run regularly, and either my running friends all have weak bladders/sphincters or I am being way too harsh on myself mid-run because they're stopping to go every time an opportunity comes up mid-run and I never do. Take care of that stuff before you leave the house!

It rules that the Tories have been such a mess since 2016 and yet have somehow remained in power that whole time. It makes me feel a little bit better about the rightward biases in certain parts of the American electoral process.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you aren't opening the trap door once every morning you need to get on my regular level

I've been running for 40 years now and not once have I had an issue

C-Euro posted:

I run regularly

lol me too

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

wandler20 posted:

No ice? Wtf

What the gently caress????

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C-Euro posted:

I run regularly

Same. Just normal running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLs6SFrcuRg

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

C-Euro posted:

It rules that the Tories have been such a mess since 2016 and yet have somehow remained in power that whole time. It makes me feel a little bit better about the rightward biases in certain parts of the American electoral process.

Eh, Britain is pretty much a total shithole now with no direction or leadership. No one wants the job and I don't blame them.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BlindSite posted:

Eh, Britain is pretty much a total shithole now with no direction or leadership. No one wants the job and I don't blame them.

That's what happens when you let a clear shitheel like Nigel Farage have any say in how your country is run.

As an American, I should know!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Looks like he’s got a mud turtle in a headlock

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

BlindSite posted:

The UK is the Nebraska Cornhuskers of countries

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Gat drat

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

That's what happens when you let a clear shitheel like Nigel Farage have any say in how your country is run.

As an American, I should know!

Farage was right on a lot and wrong on a lot. The EU is a loving disaster and Europe as a whole is headed toward a colossal problem.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Farage was right on a lot and wrong on a lot. The EU is a loving disaster and Europe as a whole is headed toward a colossal problem.

What specifically was Farage right about?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

Oh sure, I wouldn't wish the PM job on my worst enemy. It's just that the point of electing a government is to, you know, stop electing them when they gently caress up enough times? I guess we haven't hit that limit yet.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

What specifically was Farage right about?

Tax payer money to buy up debt

One size fits all interest rate policies

Anti-Prohibition of recreational narcotics

He was also right to be anti war in the middle east

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ether Frenzy posted:

Apparently one of James Gandolfini's things was to loudly ask friends "How's the rash?" when greeting them in public places, and I think that's pretty funny.

How bout them hemorrhoids