Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

So the interesting thing about this quote is it came from Marner immediately after the game, then later everyone is like “Oh he was at a team function later that night and he seems totally fine”

That said I have a hard time believing repeated head/neck issues on an older dman who’s already showing signs of struggle can be shrugged off, Muzzin should do some soul searching because it seems like he’s coming to the tail end of things one way or another.

I also don't think that "he should think about retiring" is a quote you make about a teammate unless it's something they've been talking about in private already.

Like the "just make sure that he’s going to be able to do whatever he wants to do the rest of his life and enjoy the time with his family, his kids.” part is probably something you want to say to the guy directly first before telling the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Once they've got him all settled in on Robidas Island that'll free up $5.6M in cap space to trade for Patrick Kane instead of a goalie or a defenseman.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm loathe to say anything nice about the kings but I think theirs might be my favorite

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Vegas one is terrible, you could literally do anything.

NYR doing Lady Liberty but regular blue instead of navy looks odd. I like the navy because it’s a different look. Also Is every team doing an orange NHL logo?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Well, Minnesota plays Vancouver tonight, so there will be one less team without a win.

I just hope Vancouver can manage to lose without leading at any point.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

WeaponX posted:

NYR doing Lady Liberty but regular blue instead of navy looks odd. I like the navy because it’s a different look. Also Is every team doing an orange NHL logo?

I hate this so much and I was hoping it would be a play on the 70s jersey

E:

Or just go all the way back

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Stars should just make that reverse retro their standard jersey, the loving D with the star is such a boring rear end logo, the old one kicks rear end

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Matt Zerella posted:

I hate this so much and I was hoping it would be a play on the 70s jersey

naw those look too much like the Jets. I like this version of it. I think it'll look nice with the pants. A lot of these, I'd like to see the full uni for.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Based on everything we'd heard and seen over the summer I'd got pretty convinced the Flyers were getting Vancouver Torts and he'd be gone by Christmas. But their play so far suggests they've got Normal Torts and if so they'll be on the fringes of the playoff race and probably finish 4th-6th in the Metro. Getting overachievement from a not very talented team is what he does best, if he doesn't totally lose the room and quit giving a poo poo first.

Too early by far to be confident he's not going to turn out to be Vancouver Torts after all, though. But it does help that the Flyers have no stars.

it's an America/Canada thing for sure. he shouldn't coach in Canada (as evidenced by the fact that he still lived in the US when he coached in Vancouver lol). i'm not convinced he should coach outside of the EST time zone, either, to be honest. his hatred of Canada is the source of one of his best quotes:

Jay Feaster talking about Torts posted:

When we went to Calgary after losing game five here in overtime. So now we're down 3-2, on the road, and the Cup is in the building and he was just masterful at painting the picture, in public, not just to our group, that all the pressure was on them.

"Its hockey night in Canada. All their friends and family are coming in. Everybody. The entire country. The mayor of Canada is in their dressing room!"

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Hans Zimmer is doing the pre-game pump up music for the Seattle Kraken.

quote:

"When I watched their game presentation, which I thought was very good, the one thing that they missed was the kind of explosion when the players come on the ice. Musically that could be very interesting because they're basically gladiators going to battle," [Jerry] Bruckheimer told The Associated Press. "I felt that I've been working with Hans Zimmer on 'Top Gun,' and he's a composer that certainly can write that kind of theme for the players and for the team."

If you want music for gladiators, well, get the guy who wrote the score for "Gladiator."

it's just gonna be some guy in the press box hammering the inception button every time a new guy skates onto the ice isn't it

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/senators/status/1583118593692237824?s=46&t=TDn9qZGeMiMWIffIbFnadQ

Numbers on the back need to be bigger imo, comic sans on the nameplate if possible, sans serif if not

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I hate all this poo poo

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Once they've got him all settled in on Robidas Island that'll free up $5.6M in cap space to trade for Patrick Kane instead of a goalie or a defenseman.

Please don’t speak this into the world

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

mennoknight posted:

I hate all this poo poo

How do you feel about this

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1583156481826123776?s=46&t=TDn9qZGeMiMWIffIbFnadQ

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
wonderful world we got where i gotta wonder if the jersey you can order will have the ad on it or not :smith:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Dan Vladar doesn’t have a Darth Vader themed mask, poor signing bad contract

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I'm buying the pooh bear reprint immediately :f5:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lessail posted:

wonderful world we got where i gotta wonder if the jersey you can order will have the ad on it or not :smith:

You can, but you gotta order from wish.com and it might say Vages on it.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

this is good

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Those Sharks/Seals unis are awesome.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1583163309536464896

Thanks Colorado.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ben Shapiro’s looking up movers right now.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Arivia posted:

Idgi

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I guess Vlader joined ... the DARK side

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
All these jerseys are the equivalent of the NHL guardian project to me... terrible

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

LET'S GO EXPOS!!!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

All these jerseys are the equivalent of the NHL guardian project to me... terrible

Misanthrope is the Reverse Retro Project's Devin Dark.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
That’s a good move by Calgary for Vladar. He’s been a solid backup. Let’s in a couple but he’s not as swingy as Rittich was. Rittich could have an amazing game and be a wall for a game but then would be a pylon the next game.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Misanthrope posted:

Guardian project was literally the only good thing this dumb league has ever done

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

WeaponX posted:

Guardian project was literally the only good thing this dumb league has ever done

:yeah:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Koopa Kid posted:

Please don’t speak this into the world

The Toronto Maple Leafs are already in the world regardless of what I speak.

I'm so sorry.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I always liked Vladar in Boston but it was obvious he'd never really get the chance to be anything more than a backup there. Good for him.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Sharks one should be used full-time as an alt, even if you add teal.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I bought an event worn Dryden Hunt cap because it was cheaper than buying the regular version.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Arivia posted:

what

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Vegas, SJ, and TB are absolutely fire. Caps and Panthers are really good.

The Vegas ones even glow in the dark:
https://twitter.com/Ginohard_/status/1583154867920850945?s=20&t=xU6n-8aDtaSaFWfn1xqzyw

Absolute destruction.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/1583122916421427200?s=20&t=3PuZnPSO3Xt7XKhcK3OBkA
what the gently caress is this
just give me the 40's jersey that howe rocked jfc

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

clean ayers act posted:

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/1583122916421427200?s=20&t=3PuZnPSO3Xt7XKhcK3OBkA
what the gently caress is this
just give me the 40's jersey that howe rocked jfc

Just add a dash of sexual assault and we can be Chicago

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

naw those look too much like the Jets.

It literally is the Jets. The Rangers fired the GM that brought those jersey in, John Ferguson, and went back to the classic look. He landed in Winnipeg and decided to reuse the jerseys.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/drosennhl/status/1583240471911899136

:lol: Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ottawa Senators have a really cool organist. Wish the Caps had one too…