Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
My uncle works on the custodial staff at Gillette and he says whenever Mac Jones uses the toilet he takes a huge stinky dump, uses a whole roll of TP, and doesn't flush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I think people are just telling themselves "This is the week Russ & the Broncos put it all together"

Plus no one wants to believe Geno Smith is a better QB then Russ.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I do in fact want to believe

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Nodoze posted:

Volin is a dollar store version of Shaughnessy in almost every way

and yet he was the best beat guy in miami by a mile, which tells you about all you need to know about our local reporting

e: whoops i had that tab open too long, but yeah exactly

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I bet on the Jets and it's one of the more baffling lines of the season.

Best sense I can make of it is that people think the two teams are roughly equal (bad Wilson QBs, good defenses) but the Broncos are at home. But yeah, I'd rather have Zach right now and the Jets offense and coaching in general.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Sources: Mac Jones, his mom

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The only thing that would make this thread better would be a rule against Patriots posting.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Nodoze posted:

Volin is a dollar store version of Shaughnessy in almost every way

Shaughnessy has this old timey sports guy pretentious arrogance you don't really get anymore. He's not JUST a sports dickhead, he's an insufferable martyr who thinks he's fighting The Powers That Be by spreading vintage Larry Bird gossip or whatever the gently caress. That story about Wade Boggs jerking off in the locker room soap dish is treated like the end of Le Morte d'Arthur, and the Red Sox getting a bad call 50 years ago was like how Watergate killed the American Dream.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

fsif posted:

I bet on the Jets and it's one of the more baffling lines of the season.

Best sense I can make of it is that people think the two teams are roughly equal (bad Wilson QBs, good defenses) but the Broncos are at home. But yeah, I'd rather have Zach right now and the Jets offense and coaching in general.
I took the Jets, Dolphins and Pats in the weekly office pool against the spread.

AFCE unity and supremacy.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Bellmaker posted:

Sources: Mac Jones, his mom

howe is tolerably well connected i think

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

sean10mm posted:

Shaughnessy has this old timey sports guy pretentious arrogance you don't really get anymore. He's not JUST a sports dickhead, he's an insufferable martyr who thinks he's fighting The Powers That Be by spreading vintage Larry Bird gossip or whatever the gently caress. That story about Wade Boggs jerking off in the locker room soap dish is treated like the end of Le Morte d'Arthur, and the Red Sox getting a bad call 50 years ago was like how Watergate killed the American Dream.

yeah i've fully wrapped around to "it owns" because you just don't get that flavor of dumb no more

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

What a baby

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the funny thing is that almost all sports reporting ever has basically been some douchebag goofing off in some reporter's DMs. it's the phoniest thing ever and it rocks

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
LMFAO. I’m sorry, but what an rear end in a top hat

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1583206556052918272?s=46&t=-v_-ut8d-wLy0-F7c8MlQw

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 20, 2022

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Good. Corey Davis only has one year left on his deal after this season lets break up those good receivers!

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Why is the Jets WR room eternally disgruntled?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Usually when WR's make a big stink they have actually accomplished something in the league first. This team is having it's first successful streak in forever and Moore needs to do this loving drama. What an rear end in a top hat. The opposite of a team guy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

syzpid posted:

Why is the Jets WR room eternally disgruntled?

they have to play they bad QBs

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

What's Denzel Mims up to?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Usually when WR's make a big stink they have actually accomplished something in the league first. This team is having it's first successful streak in forever and Moore needs to do this loving drama. What an rear end in a top hat. The opposite of a team guy.

Mcmagic is right.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I almost think they should trade him TBH.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/1kalwaysopen_/status/1583207126616264704?s=46&t=nkrvV5LEqkqcVsj9oENRXA

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

What's Denzel Mims up to?

Showing flashes.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1583215816379883524

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

It's so hilarious to see this BS when you have AVT playing a new position every week for the good of the team. I almost agree you have to trade him, though I think Saleh may succeed at talking him out of it. I just think pulling this in the middle of the team's best stretch in years is unparalleled levels of selfishness.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Remember when everyone said Diggs was a diva and he'd throw a tantrum when Allen keeps overthrowing him?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Dumb question but how can they tell which plays are scripted?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Professor Funk posted:

It's so hilarious to see this BS when you have AVT playing a new position every week for the good of the team. I almost agree you have to trade him, though I think Saleh may succeed at talking him out of it. I just think pulling this in the middle of the team's best stretch in years is unparalleled levels of selfishness.

He’s trying to get a second contract. He probably doesn’t rate the Jets going 9-8 as more important than millions of future dollars.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s trying to get a second contract. He probably doesn’t rate the Jets going 9-8 as more important than millions of future dollars.

It's only his second year. He has a ton of time. The Jets should get him involved more but going nuclear in his second year with 2.5 years of team control left is just really lovely.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Pablo Bluth posted:

Remember when everyone said Diggs was a diva and he'd throw a tantrum when Allen keeps overthrowing him?

One of those times where moving a disgruntled player was exactly the right move for both teams.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If true this could explain why the Jets have so much of an issue getting the passing game started. Trying to force it to the least talented receiver on the field is not a winning strategy.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

It's only his second year. He has a ton of time. The Jets should get him involved more but going nuclear in his second year with 2.5 years of team control left is just really lovely.

Being the third WR on a team that’s targeting you less than their running back in the passing game probably doesn’t feel like you’re being set up for success. And the Jets have barely thrown the ball since Wilson came back as well.

It’s one thing to throw a fit a year into a big contract but rookies don’t get to pick where they go or negotiate anything, they’re just stuck with whatever the CBA dictates. It’s hard to fault a guy for feeling like he shouldn’t just wait around for four years and see what happens.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Being the third WR on a team that’s targeting you less than their running back in the passing game probably doesn’t feel like you’re being set up for success. And the Jets have barely thrown the ball since Wilson came back as well.

It’s one thing to throw a fit a year into a big contract but rookies don’t get to pick where they go or negotiate anything, they’re just stuck with whatever the CBA dictates. It’s hard to fault a guy for feeling like he shouldn’t just wait around for four years and see what happens.

He requested a trade off of 3 games, not 4 years.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

mcmagic posted:

He requested a trade off of 3 games, not 4 years.

I think the point is that Moore doesn't want to wait those 4 years.

Completely agree that this is just a dumb thing to have to deal with during a good run for the team, but it reminds me a lot of the Minkah Fitzpatrick situation. It sucks because you're not gonna get his real trade value from anyone with the complaints public, and worst case scenario he balls out for whoever takes him

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://twitter.com/MichaelBalkoJr/status/1583106542513295360?s=20&t=KFsFO6S38q4SRiJPsP-UPg

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

stuker posted:

I think the point is that Moore doesn't want to wait those 4 years.

Correct. And he shouldn’t. Football careers are very short and what happens in your first few years usually sets the tone for your whole career.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hmm who is Michael Balko?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lord if I know but maybe someone’s season ticket customer service rep knows something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’m very disappointed in this Elijah Moore situation. drat.