Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Arivia posted:

there's not, you're not missing one

That's good. I live a life without regrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I read through the thread a bit last night. When I'm done with the Dragon Age Trilogy for the umpteenth time, I feel like I must once and for all actually (try to) play through Skyrim. It looks like the modding scene has recovered from the shock of AE and it might be worth dipping my toes into it. I see that there even are some cool animation mods now!

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

After staring at more script source, I decided to run Auto-save and time SSE as the automatic save manager though it has one downside which is that it doesn't understand SE's multi-character save management system and won't put those keys in the save filename. Not a big loss for me, I'm only running one character.

The big win is that it will not make a save for 60 seconds after loading and has explicit checks for this, which gives time for scripts to initialize. It has the auto-save on event features I would like to have: after combat, on finishing a quest, on clearing a location, after sleeping, etc. It's also written as well as would I expect from kuertee.

I've disabled the game's default Save on Travel autosave in the Settings menu, because saving right after you switch cells isn't a good idea in this engine - the chances of something actually going wrong are very low, but still not negligible enough for me.

Interesting NPCs is a fantastic mod. Very impressed now that I'm out and about meeting these npcs. The sheer size and detail is impressive, but the quality of the writing too has been high so far: https://3dnpc.com/wiki/interesting-npcs/

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

cheesetriangles posted:

Accidentally launched MO2 with an empty mod folder as I was shuffling files and thought I put the mod folder back but didn't. Completely wiped out mod list, and now I need to redo the entire thing by hand, and I'm so mad over this.

Ended up saying screw it and starting from scratch with a best of both worlds setup, and after all day of modding I'm a lot happier with the setup I made now compared to before.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Nice. Sometimes a fresh start is exactly what you need. But will say that after reading your original post I've been hitting the backup button in MO2 a lot more than before.

I'm really enjoying how this game feels all around. Got to Falkreath and recruited Lucien, who I really like. Glad I made a beeline for him as he's very well written, well voiced, and has lots of funny stuff to say. Impressed with how realistic he can feel. He's twice offered ideas for new potions while I was at alchemy tables, keeping that thread going in a very natural manner. This is some high quality modding.

Ditto for the Interesting NPCs, which seem to be pretty well written as a whole. Not sure if some of these can be recruited but I'm enjoying just having the chat and one of them just gave me a quest to track down a courier with a compromising letter.

Most of all, really digging SimonRim. Getting better at the combat which feels really good, but it's the perks and spells I'm digging at the moment. Those simple looking perk trees are pretty impactful and fun to build around.

Adamant goes really well with the Experience mod with Static Skill Leveling. Likes other said, I don't think I'll go back to normal Skyrim leveling again. SSL's points feel pretty good too - you get 15 + 3 * level points when you level up. Costs 3 points / skill level up to level 25, 5/level to 50, 7/level to 75, 9/level for the rest. So you can pump lower levels quite quickly and you'll get a lot more points each level as you get to higher levels, which means while you can't really go very high early on it'll be easy to max later on. It's a very well designed combo of mods. Experience giving you xp for exploration is just perfect for this game.

I'm only level 4. Focused so far on getting Destruction to 30 to unlock the -25% magicka cost / +25% damage perks and am now prioritized getting Alteration to 40 to get some of the armor skills from that tree - should be able to buff Oakflesh to 60 armor and have it last 9 minutes I think with that investment, while getting 25% reduction in cost and 50% better magicka regen in robes - oh and 50% stagger resist too. There's a later addon released with the Hand 2 Hand mod that makes it so your armor type is whatever your chest piece is - so light armor chest uses light armor tree, robes use alteration tree, etc. Leaving you free to mix and match the other 3 slots in any way you want.

Here's the alteration tree, it's so well designed. Each of those perks to level 40 is going to be pretty useful for my spell blade/battle mage.
code:
Philosopher (10/50): Alteration spells cost 25/50% less Magicka.

Mage Robes (20/60): You have 50/100% extra Magicka Regeneration while wearing robes.
Mage Armor (30/70): Armor spells are 50/100% stronger while wearing robes.
Meditation (80): Spells and enchantments cost 10% less while wearing robes.
Magicka Well (100): Your Magicka regenerates twice as fast when you fall below half Magicka while wearing robes. 

Barrier (40): Protection spells like Oakflesh and Fire Shell last three times as long when dual cast. 
Bastion (70): Protection spells like Oakflesh and Fire Shell affect nearby allies when dual cast.

Balance (30/60): Alteration spells last 50/100% longer.
Stability (40): You resist 50% of incoming stagger while under the effects of an armor spell.
Spell Shield (70): You have 25% Magic Resistance while under the effect of an armor spell.
Spell Sip (90): You have a 25% chance to absorb the Magicka from incoming spells while under the effect of an armor spell.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
So how are you planning on using your battlemage? Heavy armor or Light?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Glad to hear you're enjoying Lucien, he's a good fella

Looks at latest save, marked "297 hr" I should probably do his personal quest soon

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of perks, is dual casting actually worth it? I always got it for every school without thinking, but looking at my mana and their health, two fireballs seem to do more than the one big one

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

If you're talking about vanilla perks, IIRC the dual cast is more useful combined with the "stagger on dual cast" perk and on non-Destruction spells to raise the level of the enemy they affect. For just pure damage you're better off properly timing two single-cast spells repeatedly.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

So how are you planning on using your battlemage? Heavy armor or Light?

Going robes for chest so I can use Adamant's Alteration tree, then whatever other heavy or light magical pieces I find for head/arms/legs. Right now I have a +20 Magicka novice hood and a +20% poison resist light hand armor for example.

This is because of how the Hand to Hand Armor module only cares about what your chest piece is when determining which tree to use, which is a pretty cool idea.

Mysticism's Alteration has decent armor spells that Adamant's Alteration perks can buff in strength and duration while dropping the cost and seriously bumping magicka regen so I'm going with those spells for primary defense, not the other armor pieces.

Basically thinking of investing in Destruction / Alteration / Restoration / One-handed / ???

Here's the description of the Hand to Hand Armor module:

SimonMagus posted:

Hand to Hand - Armor Addon

This addon changes the requirements for every relevant Light Armor, Heavy Armor, and Alteration perk so that these perks only care what armor piece is in your chest slot. Wearing a Light Armor chest piece qualifies you for Light Armor perks. Wearing a Heavy Armor chest piece qualifies you for Heavy Armor perks. Whether neither chest piece qualifies you for the relevant Alteration perks. This significantly simplifies the armor requirements and allows players to mix and match armor types in the most balanced way possible. In addition, this addon allows the mastery perks for Light Armor and Heavy Armor to affect Light Armor and Heavy Armor shields, respectively

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Vanilla dual casting seemed pretty expensive other than if you have a ton of magicka you don't mind overspending for a faster kill. But SimonRim has a perk which reduces dual casting cost by 25% which makes dual more efficient than single.

Vanilla:
Dual Casting Cost - 2.8x
Dual Casting Damage - 2.2x
10% more damage at 40% more magicka cost

SimonRim with Destruction Spell Surge perk:
Dual Casting Cost - 2.1x
Dual Casting - 2.2x
10% more damage for 5% more magicka

There's no perk needed to dual cast in SimonRim, which is nice.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm using Ordinator. I'm also using Forgotten magic and some of the fancier spells are magicka hogs so I think I'll just refund those perks and slap them somewhere else. Sometimes it's a crap shoot if dual cast actually triggers anyway. When my face is getting eaten and I'm running circles, potioning, shouting, and trying to cast I usually flub the timing

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
welp, I managed to get Static Skill Levelling working by replacing all the adamant/h2h skills with a dummy actor value one with skillmult 0. Hope it goes well.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

welp, I managed to get Static Skill Levelling working by replacing all the adamant/h2h skills with a dummy actor value one with skillmult 0. Hope it goes well.

I did the same thing, an xEdit patch to set skill mult to 0 for each of the skill trees. Working very well.

Wish the sleep to level skills restriction wasn't there. There's a mod that removes the sleep restriction and adds a fancy UI for skill ups with a nice screen where you spend your skill points, but it's based on dear diary paper mode and seems a bit complex and a bit fragile.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Made another xEdit patch for the SimonRim mods since they shouldn't be in the Smashed Patch; my preference is they just override and win every conflict instead of being merged. But it's annoying to have to filter them out every Smash run so I made a patch to forward every SimonRim record that had a losing conflict except with Last Seed or the synthesis patch.

Synthesis just adds stuff usually like an AOS sound record or the reach fixes patches, it's the base record from SimonRim otherwise.

Last Seed's foods made sense in my game but I let SR win all other conflicts (I think it's just an ingredient, Hawk Feathers).

I'm quite liking Last Seed so far, it's about the right level of busy work after setting timescale to 10. You don't need to maintain stuff constantly. Having to manage fatigue isn't a pain either, dinner good motivation to find safe spaces to sleep.

Haven't run into its disease mechanics yet, so will have to see how that part is.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I've been doing almost all of my play so far with the Deck in Desktop mode so I can mod and test with mouse and keyboard (Steam thinks I have 300 hours in SSE because I leave it plugged in with MO2 open for days at a time!). Today was the first multi hour play session in handheld mode and the game feels, looks and runs great. Soaks up the battery thanks to that ENB but I have a battery pack for that reason.

The Deck is a great fit for modded keyboard-heavy games because it has all those extra inputs and Steam Input will let you use all of the keyboard inputs you need no problem. The new Virtual Menus are particularly useful: I have one for the 1-8 number hotkeys, another with numpad keys on it for some mods, all very easy to set up and use when mapped onto the 2 touchpads. The 4 back grip buttons let me override those touchpads to have multiple modes. It's all very flexible and pretty simple to set up and use.

Took a carriage to Riften to meet Inigo. Think I'm going to do everything in the area then slowly make my way west and north on foot or horse. Built a campfire and used a tent for the first time too wasn't too onerous though I didn't go for the hardcore Campfire building option. Timescale, needs, survival all feels pretty immersive and I'm happy to hang around and chat with the folks I meet. Quite surprised by the quality of the Interesting NPCs writing. I actually reloaded a save because I was distracted by the game on TV while this Khajiit was talking about the Way of the Nine for swordplay.

Tldr: game very good.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

First bug has raised its head but it's not majorly gamebreaking: when I use the cooking pot to craft food, it creates 2 of each item - with each getting its own notification.

E: This seems to have gone away and everything is cooked in the right amounts again after I restarted the game today. I sleep the Deck to work around the modded game's slow startup mentioned below and don't restart the game that often, but the restart seems to have fixed the issue.

This was working perfectly until late yesterday, I think it dates back to when I tested Campfire and spent a night at the tower outside of Falkreath. Brought up a cooking pot alongside the campfire just to see if it worked, then broke it down in the morning without using it to make anything. The next time I cooked was in Riften and the problem showed up - so they're likely related. Have done a ton of play and conversations since then so I'm not going to roll back to an earlier save even if I have one that far back.

But if anyone's seen it, I'm all ears. Google's not showing me anything.

The Steam Deck is exactly the amazing modded gaming machine I'd hope it would be. Game plays like a dream on it, maintaining 30+ fps even with an ENB active with the occasional drop to 26-27. Those drops are not sudden freezes either - I only get those from saves.

If anyone's on the fence about the Deck, the 64GB model is a super good deal. You can put in additional storage yourself for much cheaper than buying the 256GB or 512GB models. That storage can be an nvme drive or a large SD card. Valve have seriously subsidized the lowest, 64GB model - the other models are not as aggressively priced. If you're not averse to opening up the device and sticking in more storage, the 64GB is the way to go today.

E: Should say that it's not all roses. MO2 slows down over time because of the Proton layer emulating Windows, so I have to do periodic restarts of it while modding.

The game can take a very very long 3-4 minutes to start up! This is very painful and is mostly because of the ENB - the shader compilation alone takes 2 minutes or so even though the shader cache is enabled. But it would still be 1.5-2 minutes without the ENB to get to the load screen. But it's fast after that, including the save load, and the game itself pays beautifully, there's no slowdown there. It's a fact that Elden Ring ran better on the Deck with Proton than it did on native Windows - which is a statement about how ER was coded more than either platform, but still an interesting datapoint.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 17, 2022

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Dual casting with Ordinator at least lets some of the other schools exceed their target level cap, like using raise dead or calm on a higher level target.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I kludged my way past Helgen since Mr Dragon didn't want to land. I think this is what's causing my admittedly minor problem in a few of the towns.

Whenever I walk near an NPC they start to freak out, but usually don't run away. They'll say something like "Gods help us" or "What is that sound?", so I assume they think there is a dragon attack underway. Any idea how to fix this?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Check your quest journal and see what the game thinks you've completed of the quest. If a stage of the quest is marked as incomplete, you can move it along using setstage from the console, as described in How to Complete Broken Quests.

Use the UESP wiki to find the stages of a quest or you can use sqs as described above. Here's the entry for the Helgen quest: Unbound.

A more extreme hack, far more dangerous to your save file, to fix an NPC is to disable them from the console and then enable them to recreate them. I've done this in the distant past in Oblivion I think it was, but I don't know if it's a good idea at all these days.

After the effort put into getting a modded game to be just so I find I'm less open to hacks like that latter that may mess up your save down the road. I dunno if Papyrus made the game more fragile in the face of mod insertion/removal but it feels like it was much safer to muck around in Oblivion than in Skyrim.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

On a related note, More Informative Console is a fantastic mod. Need to read the description in detail to get how to use it, but once you do it opens up a bunch of powerful information to check on what's happening in your game.

For example, if you want to know where a given NPC or item came from enter the console and click on it. MIC will show you both the file that defines the base form (the template used to create that item or NPC) and the file that created the reference form (the actual item or NPC that showed up in your game).

2 most useful TLDR tricks to know:
- Use the Tab key to rotate through its views.
- If an item is shown as a list, then shift- or control-clicking the text will show you what's in that list. For eg., when looking at an NPC you may see Equipment[5] or Magic Effects[250] - to see what's in their equipped set of items, just shift click that text.

Amazing piece of work, really.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Is Helgen reborn worth it? It's apparently a part of Septimus 2 but I forgot about it and never enabled the mod(the mod instructions say not to enable it until after the intro). Should I bother?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Epi Lepi posted:

Is Helgen reborn worth it? It's apparently a part of Septimus 2 but I forgot about it and never enabled the mod(the mod instructions say not to enable it until after the intro). Should I bother?

It's got some rough patches to it and a lot of poo poo that hasn't aged well in the time since it came out... but having all of a rebuilt Helgen be 100% yours is a pretty sweet reward.

YMMV. Try it for yourself and if you're not feeling it then just bail on the questline.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Dual casting with Ordinator at least lets some of the other schools exceed their target level cap, like using raise dead or calm on a higher level target.

This is vanilla behavior.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

It's got some rough patches to it and a lot of poo poo that hasn't aged well in the time since it came out... but having all of a rebuilt Helgen be 100% yours is a pretty sweet reward.

YMMV. Try it for yourself and if you're not feeling it then just bail on the questline.

it just takes sooooo long to get there. So unskippable-conversation-and-overlong-dungeon long.

seriously, all the conversations except a small few involving more than one person made me realize how many times I just skip dialog if it isn't working for me. And made me REALLY miss it.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Oct 18, 2022

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Ran my first Nord dungeon, Ansilvund, after coming across it organically while running a quest for the Jarl of Riften. Game is good, very very good. Inigo & Lucien are great companions, the writing is fantastic yet restrained.

At level 8 after going through that long dungeon. The Experience mod puts a cap on how high you can raise a skill based on your level: 2 * level + 18. So, max I can raise a skill right now is 2*8+18=34. Racial bonuses add on top, so I could take Destruction to 44 because Dark Elves start with +10 to Destruction. I found this annoying initially and was thinking of reworking the limit because I wanted to take Alteration to 40 right away at level 7, not wait till level 11. But I'm glad I didn't tweak the values because this makes you spread the skill and perk points around a bit, which is neat. Experience + Static Skill Leveling is how these games should be.

Spell & Blade is fun. Oakflesh was keeping me well armored even in the thick of battle, enough to back off and heal when needed anyway. I think this will be a fun build.

Running that Blood & Dirt mod which is cool visually. Hadn't actually used its cleaning power until leveling at the end of Ansilvund when I noticed I had a -10 to Speech from being too dirty. Used the cleaning power which has soap shaders and everything but also led to this awkward moment:

Yeah, guys, I'm surprised too at what the power does.

So I bought an Imperial bow of Frost and gave it to Lucien, who's been asked to be an archer. But he still dual wielded flames against the Draugr, which was pretty impressive and smart. Inigo fell back to a lovely bow against an enemy he couldn't reach earlier. All that felt a lot smarter than I remember the AI being.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 19, 2022

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

You can also do this with alchemy.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Light on the left side of that is coming from hip lantern provided by Quick Light SE which I wanted to give a shout out to if you're looking for a quick and easy but well done portable light mod. Has both a mage light and a lantern option. Has no resource costs and can therefore be considered a cheat, but I'm a bit fussy if not truly hardcore and still think some light is nice to have.

Berserkyr + Nat ENB have been fantastic. You can see the darkness in the back of the room plus some light coming from a source to the right. I felt this combination made Ansilvund really atmospheric. There were large rooms that were not lit all the way through but still had pools of lighting against which you could see the draugr being restless. But you still have enough light around you to fight stuff even if there's no environmental light. Destruction spells act as light sources too, looks great in the darkness.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Maybe I can ask this here as well - it's for Fallout 4 but maybe someone here can point me in the right direction.

Somehow I got a whole bunch of mods all working perfectly together through Vortex, and the game starts up perfectly.

BUT there are 4 parts that crash the game before it even loads if they are enabled:
- Vivid Weathers - FO4 - Far Harbour
- Vivid Weathers - Nuka World
- StartMeUpNukaWorldPatch
- StartMeUpFarHarborPatch

The Vivid Weathers and Start Me Up main mods are enabled and working fine, just not these DLC patches. The load order seems ok - the DLC patches are set to load after the main files. And yes I have the DLC installed!

Any ideas what's causing the crashes? Sometimes when I enable StartMeUpNukaWorldPatch it has a warning that masters are missing, but I double checked and all of the master files are there in the Data folder. Otherwise no warnings or anything, and I'm not sure where to look.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Try running LOOT and see what it reports for the masters. If you're seeing a missing masters warning, the game isn't seeing some file or there's some other problem with that file. LOOT will show you the plugins as seen by the game.

I just understood the inconsistent mess that is vanilla skyrim's weapon and armor tier progression for Dwarven, Elven and Orcish.

Weapons go: Orcish (level 6), Dwarven (level 12) and Elven (level 19).

Armors go: Elven (Light, 12), Dwarven (Heavy, 12) and Orcish (Heavy, 25).

Now get why WACCF and similar mods reverse that weapon progression. What a mess, Todd.

E: I forgot Smithing which mirrors armor and goes
Elven (Smithing 30), Dwarven (30), Orcish (60)

So you can take a perk at Smithing 60 to craft level 6 weapons. Thanks, Todd.

Every mod I see that fixes this goes off the deep end and makes a bunch of extra tweaks, much like WACCF. You've driven modders mad, Todd.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 20, 2022

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Red Rox posted:

Nuka Cola

The Fallout 4 modding thread might be able to help you.

That said, make sure the DLC plug-ins are all enabled in Vortex, rather than just present in the folder (though you might be better of using Mod Organizer 2).

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Always Use Mod Organizer 2. Less grief that way.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

ThaumPenguin posted:

The Fallout 4 modding thread might be able to help you.

That said, make sure the DLC plug-ins are all enabled in Vortex, rather than just present in the folder (though you might be better of using Mod Organizer 2).

Yeah I tried asking there but it seemed to be a bit quiet.

I’ll have a look at Loot and Mod Organiser thanks guys!

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
So, what's the secret to get Skyrim to run in ultrawide screen?

I've edited .ini files and tried Flawless Widescreen. I'm unable to run mods with Flawless Widescreen, and FW doesn't appear to recognize with I run Skyrim through Mod Organizer.

I figure I'm missing something easy, I just don't know what that might be.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Editing the ini files is enough and no need for flawless widescreen to get it to run in ultra unless you have another mod that overwrites that / are doing it wrong. The issue is the UI will be broken.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1778

Will fix the ui.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I've spent two days looking at player houses and man, there are some absolute dogs out there

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Yeah, I’ve only found a mere handful that I like and use. To my tastes so many of them are too big and too cluttered and just look out of place but I’m really picky about player houses.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I just use the safehouse from lotd it's loot sorting stuff is too good.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Yeah the fact that the Legacy of The Dragonborn safe house's storage system extends to the airship and the Rain's Shelter tent has been a real hassle-saver. Inventory management is almost always the thing that ends up killing a playthrough for me (in quite a lot of games), there's no way I would've been able to get over 300 hours into my current playthrough without LoTD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Helith posted:

Yeah, I’ve only found a mere handful that I like and use. To my tastes so many of them are too big and too cluttered and just look out of place but I’m really picky about player houses.

Which ones did you like? This is meant as the thread "you" - any house suggestions would be nice to have. Like Proud Christian Mom I set out to look at house mods but unlike them I stopped when I saw just how many there are. I like the small and organic looking houses myself, like Helith's description. Ideally just a small room or two with plenty of storage to use with General Stores for auto-sorting. My favorite FNV house is Mobile Truck Base Remastered for comparison which I used with the fantastic Stash Organizer for auto-sorted storage, miss that last mod very much.

General Stores and the General Stores - Assigned Storage plug-in for it do a good job of converting any containers you want into auto sorters. Haven't gotten far enough to begin LotD yet, that sounds nice too. I wish General Stores exposed a normal container view holding everything from all the other containers - may try to get the Assigned Storage modder to add that to their mod or look at it myself.

E: The feature I miss most from Stash Organizer is the ability to define loadouts: after sorting, move these things back into my personal inventory. So, I'd like 120 rounds of 5.45, 120 rounds of 9mm, these 3 weapons, this mixture of food and water, etc. Very useful if you're running in hardcore mode or jsawyer with limited inventory weight and ammo has weight too. But I could click a single button and have all of my inventory removed, sorted into the right containers, and then a preferred loadout automatically put back into my inventory. The loadout was itself a magic container - anything you put into that container was put into your personal loadout after one-click autosorting. Brilliant mod, really. It would also learn from what you put in an auto-sort target container. If a mod added a new ammo it didn't know about for eg, all you had to do was put that ammo in the ammo autosort container and it would learn to do that from now on.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Oct 21, 2022