Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RE4 remake doesn't allow you to save That Dog, game is trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Toy Commander is a pretty decent game that's similar enough but it's stuck on the dreamcast

You're wrong

Toy Commander isn't stuck on the Dreamcast

It's stuck in my heart

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Can you still put your companion into a suit of armor so she can't get kidnapped in REmake 4? This is the MOST important question I have about the game.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That wasn't even in the original

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i watched the re4 gameplay video and why would leon say "the president's daughter, Baby Eagle" instead of just using the loving code word for the president's daughter that they obviously agreed upon

immersion ruined

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Waffleman_ posted:

Just tell me they keep “hey, it’s that dog”

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That Dog is already dead when you see it in the bear trap.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

That wasn't even in the original

I picked it up on Steam a few years back, didn't realize it wasn't in the original game, so whatever the Steam version was is clearly the superior version :hai:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I picked it up on Steam a few years back, didn't realize it wasn't in the original game, so whatever the Steam version was is clearly the superior version :hai:

Its in all non gamecube versions, but was originally an NG+ reward option for finishing separate ways.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

You're wrong

Toy Commander isn't stuck on the Dreamcast

It's stuck in my heart

Well let it out then, cmon, everyone should get the chance to play one of the best dreamcast exclusives ever

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
RE4 Remake is looking appropriately cheesy lets see if they can keep the enemy variety of the original. cutting enemy types is my only beef with Remake 2

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/SMTNetwork/status/1583114179153920000?s=20&t=_nhGVwsTYbVcPwKjHbfkvg

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Waffleman_ posted:

That Dog is already dead when you see it in the bear trap.

did veegy set the trap? asking for a friend

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

How can you forget about Mike like that?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my tekken efforts today were quite exhausting and i basically just ended up at the same rank i was when i started

but according to my wise mentor i may not have gained ranks but i did gain knowledge

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Kerrzhe posted:

my tekken efforts today were quite exhausting and i basically just ended up at the same rank i was when i started

but according to my wise mentor i may not have gained ranks but i did gain knowledge

This is the truth of things

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
My fav tekken moment is rematching the same person who demotes you twice over and over until you finally get a string of victories

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

Thanks, mentor

Thentor

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/lulumeservey/status/1583096291953086472

Lulu

You joined the Board of Directors in April, and only recently moved over into an Executive role in October

Maybe

Just maybe.

Don't be an absolute massive bellend on twitter when people are trying to unionise fairly.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I don't think Lulu posts in the chat thread.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
she does actually and im very disappointed in her

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Aw, Lulu, you fucker

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wakka said to be despondent :smith:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

She can tell how deep my eyebrows are furrowed on this issue

Speaking of disappointment, Tales from the Borderlands just got a 30/100 on Destructoid - who are generally pretty on the ball with their review scores.
:ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Speaking of disappointment, Tales from the Borderlands just got a 30/100 on Destructoid - who are generally pretty on the ball with their review scores.

Sad but not overly surprising. But nothing can change my memories of how wonderful the first game was. Let's remember the good times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMhuQ4GRzZc

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

she does actually and im very disappointed in her

I'm sorry I'll try to be better

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Sad but not overly surprising. But nothing can change my memories of how wonderful the first game was. Let's remember the good times!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMhuQ4GRzZc

Great intro, honestly they're all great, but I think Episode 5s intro tops it for me personally. I won't link it cause ~spoilers~

But I WILL link the song cause it's a great choice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p6PcFFUm5I

Everyone should play the original Tales. It's fantastic.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

mutata posted:

Aw, Lulu, you fucker

Sorry you all had to find out this way

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

tekken report: i'm still bad at tekken

Tekken is really hard!

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, I'm pretty into fighting games and Tekken is the hardest one in my experience. There's so many moves! With so many unique properties! And like... three dimensions are just inherently hard. My pea brain has trouble paying attention to which limb I'm being grabbed or attacked with.

I had a ton of fun with friends in Tekken Tag 2 though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Everyone should play the original Tales. It's fantastic.

:hai:

I saw a brief section of a friend playing it - the section where they're sliding through the jungle riding the robot, who takes a moment to declare,"This is the greatest moment of my life" - and was immediately hooked, picked up the game and played it all myself and it was even better than I thought it would be. Probably the best Telltale game I ever played, I rank it even higher than the first season of The Walking Dead which was also great.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tales is to Borderlands, as Rabbids are to Mario

Wow I thought this combination would be super annoying, but this is actually pretty amazing.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
If not for Bloodborne, Tales of the Borderlands would have been my GOTY in 2020.
I would love another Tell Tale Borderlands game with Rhys and Fiona! The reason I dropped off Borderlands 3 was because Rhys was not Rhys and it bummed me out a ton.

That first game though :D Glorious in every way. One of my top 30 of all time.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just remembered they're also filming a Borderlands movie, and this cast shot photo is up

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Electric Phantasm posted:

How can you forget about Mike like that?

Mike is already dead in the helicopter when you find him

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's still warm out even in late october so I bought more Dr. Pepper.

I will not be boiling any more of it though

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's still warm out even in late october so I bought more Dr. Pepper.

I will not be boiling any more of it though

coward

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Infinitum posted:

How can someone give a game that has the finger gun shootout segment a 30/100

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah not the original. New Tales

From Destructoids review. t/w Kinkshit

quote:

It pains me to even have to talk about this, but the people need to know. Episode 4 of New Tales from the Borderlands is full of weird kink/fetish poo poo. I’m no prude, and if there’s a place to make “edgy” sex jokes, Borderlands is the place to do it. But oh my god, nothing about it was funny, or cheeky, or enjoyable in any way. It was just awkward and gross and made me deeply, deeply uncomfortable.

That episode alone evoked pee stuff, milking, force feeding, restraints and domination, public humiliation, a robot fully just having a prolonged orgasm in front of everyone, and an anal rape joke about said robot getting STDs. That doesn’t include other instances like allusions to necrophilia, and one of the main characters openly stating she wants to have sex with her surrogate son on multiple occasions.
What the gently caress? What the actual gently caress?

None of the original writers from the first game have returned, as far as I can tell, so... yeeaaaaahhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:stonk: