Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

sounds like

Vitamean posted:

maybe aether sucks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012
As far as I can tell, the Eureka discord for Aether doesn't have any run signups since Tuesday, since folks are grinding criterion and relics, but has a run of about 2-4 a weekend prior that are open to new folks, organized by a variety of people. So to my eye, you can probably clear on Aether which squares with watching my partner clear last December? And if I'm wrong, well, they also echo the Crystal and Primal runs in the server so you can hop if I'm very off base.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Worst case scenario you can probably DC visit somewhere nicer.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I just know what a few people have told me, so maybe they just picked a bad time or something. I still need to get through all of Eureka first and then I guess I will find out!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I still have to farm some Anemos NM first to get the relic so I can start working on the armor in pagos while levelling.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

SuperKlaus posted:

I want some 3 or 4 million gil worth of crafted items for glams :( Lawless Enforcer's Jacket, Calfskin Rider's Jacket and Shoes, Byakko Inspirited Ephemeris, Suzaku Flame Kunai, Craftsman Leather Trousers and Shoes, and those are just the costly ones I noticed...

How do I make money

I find that patch time is generally the best time to make money, instead of crafting though I just sell loads of materia, go on hunt trains weekly and you’ll get loads of clusters that you can exchange for Materia and sell.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Oh yeah unloading my backlog of Idiot Manual Crafting To 90 materia was fantastic when 6.2 hit, seeing 6 digit sales fly within 10 minutes of posting numbers that made me say nobody will buy this and even if they would I'm gonna get undercut 5 times.

What would be the planning for 6.3?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

TIL the Chinese version of XIV actually has audio versions of the short stories that get released on the website.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

regarding relics: the GNB relic may be extremely similar to the ShB GNB relic first step, but the key is that it looks like the crownsblade but its hilt/cylinder assembly isn't a mess and its proportions aren't so squashed. huge improvement.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Valentin posted:

regarding relics: the GNB relic may be extremely similar to the ShB GNB relic first step, but the key is that it looks like the crownsblade but its hilt/cylinder assembly isn't a mess and its proportions aren't so squashed. huge improvement.

I wish it was a bit smaller in overall size, but apparently my tastes in gunblades (Lionheart remains king) run contrary to most (who want them massive). I'm still quite pleased with it overall though.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Technically a ffxvi tweet but the guy on the right looks kind of familiar

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1583106485617205248?t=FC-vjHkeB6J2oM5Y0vOm1A&s=19

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

waloeder...WoL...it's all coming together

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Technically a ffxvi tweet but the guy on the right looks kind of familiar

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1583106485617205248?t=FC-vjHkeB6J2oM5Y0vOm1A&s=19

That dude teleports in with the same visual the Ascians have.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

XVI has XIV's dna all over it. It's probably how they're getting the game out (relatively) quickly.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SettingSun posted:

XVI has XIV's dna all over it. It's probably how they're getting the game out (relatively) quickly.

That's because it's running on a heavily modified version of the FFXIV engine.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Barnabas does kind of look like older Ardbert but to be fair he also looks kind of like older Clive.

It's a very generic character design outside of the Odin armor.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

That's because it's running on a heavily modified version of the FFXIV engine.

That made me do a brief double take, but it actually makes a lot of sense. Yoshida's unit has a ton of experience working with the devkit already, and it's probably the SE engine that's had the most optimization work put into it considering that FFXV was a good 6 years ago now.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vermain posted:

FFXV was a good 6 years ago now.

No this can't be true

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

No this can't be true

"A good 6 years ago" not "good 6 years ago". The statement holds up.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

No this can't be true

In the ancient times before 2020...

derra
Dec 29, 2012

FuturePastNow posted:

I just know what a few people have told me, so maybe they just picked a bad time or something. I still need to get through all of Eureka first and then I guess I will find out!

As someone who did eureka including BA on Aether during 5.5 this was not my experience at all. Got in first try, everyone was super friendly and helpful, even though it was my first time using Discord for queuing. Also I was cursed to join a FC where everyone else stopped playing, so I have a medium house I don't want to give up but don't know anyone. Things may have changed since I went but my experience differed greatly and were very positive (got my Ozma first run, did a few runs to fully upgrade a relic).

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
On crystal, the main BA groups would get newbies in the alliance before they opened up to others. I assume it's to spread them out so one set of healer/tanks isn't overwhelmed with trying to pick up corpses if poo poo goes sideways but it also means the newbies don't get lost in the hustle.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Hellioning posted:

Barnabas does kind of look like older Ardbert but to be fair he also looks kind of like older Clive.

It's a very generic character design outside of the Odin armor.

Almost like maybe if you've made a character that looks like a default 'Preset #1' in a character creator, especially a creator in a game that you yourself made, you might've messed up.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

His profile says he IS generic soldier guy turned ruler through strength of arms. His design fits his role.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

DrakePegasus posted:

His profile says he IS generic soldier guy turned ruler through strength of arms. His design fits his role.

Hopefully he doesn't go down the path of false worship, which leads to enervation and death.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

CREEPING MENDACITY

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
My boy, this peace is what all warriors strive for!

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Vermain posted:

That made me do a brief double take, but it actually makes a lot of sense. Yoshida's unit has a ton of experience working with the devkit already, and it's probably the SE engine that's had the most optimization work put into it considering that FFXV was a good 6 years ago now.

It's not like there isn't precedent for it either, given that FFXII is essentially a single-player FFXI.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

It's not like there isn't precedent for it either, given that FFXII is essentially a single-player FFXI.

Maybe modern FFXI where everyone is botting

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Why bot when you can just use trusts

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/haru_hzp/status/1583062467705307137?s=20&t=qKYG4fN9Ex6tt7TwKiSWfQ

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The most correct jrpg song to add to Trombone Champ.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jokers_trick/status/1583334310861410304

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Did an Alexander segment with a dude named Bruh Soundeffect. Whenever I noticed him, he was laying on the floor.

He got my comm, but the healer named Alolan Pizza was a close second.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Hecks yeah, new emote! Time to get the crew together and fire up gpose. Maybe I oughta macro it with this enraged expression for, uh... 'everyday' use?

edit: "Your whole body shakes with anger at how poo poo your teammates are."

The warrior of light has been watching anime again.

Crackerjack fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 21, 2022

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Crackerjack posted:

Hecks yeah, new emote! Time to get the crew together and fire up gpose. Maybe I oughta macro it with this enraged expression for, uh... 'everyday' use?

now this is pod racing

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Crackerjack posted:

We definitely also sound like Power making poo poo up when we're like "Hell yeah I just went to the end of the universe and beat up a doom bird!"

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

another way of looking at it is we ran into an old friend and beat the depression out of them

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"We used to live in a society"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What's the real world equivalent of a Cubus?