Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

hailthefish posted:

yeah the reserve bank is the dumbest most pointless poo poo

I got a stabber fleet that says well actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Kazinsal posted:

, then remove the ability for alliances to set each other as blues

This will achieve nothing. Alliances banded up long before ccp gave them the ability to do so.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

the regular bank thing is fine and cool and funny to steal from, the fancy double extra bank that theoretically holds billions but in practice probably costs more to crack than it's worth and mostly serves as a black hole for bounties is dumb

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

And Navy destroyers, apparently?

No, that was fake news. We get Navy exploration frigates instead.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

most systems in delve have at least >50b in their reserve banks, with more commonly ratted ones at around 100b

all that isk, just sitting there, nobody takes them, even the alliance cant be bothered cus its such a pain and they would barely make anything.

stupid rear end system...

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

learnincurve posted:

I got a stabber fleet that says well actually

Fun main bank =/= stupid reserve bank

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
i think the reserve bank should pay out a % at set intervals to the holder of the TCU (specifically not the ihub), that way money can filter into corps while still maintaining an onus of defence from the alliance they're in since the alliance would still have to control the ihub

although some alliances would probably demand that all systems have their tcu for the executor corp but that's not ccps problem; but new income streams are needed for players, and corps, and alliances, anything that lets it trickle through the whole ecosystem would be good

you could even have the payout require someone to manually pull the cash, so that way people can contest your resource collection in space; like robbing one of those trucks that carries money to/from banks

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

psilocybin laden posted:

you could even have the payout require someone to manually pull the cash, so that way people can contest your resource collection in space; like robbing one of those trucks that carries money to/from banks

Do physical isk notes or coins even exist

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Rutibex posted:

Do physical isk notes or coins even exist

some representation of it does already, you get it for robbing ESS's and then have to trade it in for money - I don't know what they're actually called ingame but they're essentially bearer bonds

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

FirstnameLastname posted:

fwiw: as doom-and-gloom as that post is, i do wanna add I'm not meaning to discourage people from playing if you're still having fun doing stuff!

i mean, that's all that matters from an individual perspective.

that write-up was a very large-scale and big-picture outlook at the game economy and a meta-analysis of the collective health of the game as a whole, and the directions I'm seeing the different sections of that playerbase heading in by relation of where I'm seeing economic activity happening

at the same time, It ultimately doesn't matter for the subjective player experience at the individual level if your ingame activity moves a given market chart up or down or not - its very important that there's enough collective player activity for those charts to move, but again, that's not something that individual players have agency over one way or another, that's CCP's responsibility

so if you're still having fun with buddies, regardless of what you're doing? keep having fun, don't let it kill your vibe

i just wouldn't go putting down extra money into the game past a sub, because long term, lol, plex price contour overlappin' with global warming stats pretty cleanly at the moment and the plex price/unit and unit/day figures are pretty much the game's blood pressure and pulse

Oh, no harshing my mellow…I’m having fun on fleets and I’ve only lost two ships all month so far! I guess I was just slightly disappointed I wasn’t chased into/out of Jita outside my home system. All the guides and videos harped on safes, deepsafes, instawarp/instadock…and none of that was necessary at all. I blew past the trianglemans in a couple of gates, but if it weren’t for them I could’ve just autopiloted the whole trip.

The new QoL stuff was linked in jabber yesterday, though, and every one is a home run. Hopefully a portent of things to come!

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

DerekSmartymans posted:

Oh, no harshing my mellow…I’m having fun on fleets and I’ve only lost two ships all month so far! I guess I was just slightly disappointed I wasn’t chased into/out of Jita outside my home system. All the guides and videos harped on safes, deepsafes, instawarp/instadock…and none of that was necessary at all. I blew past the trianglemans in a couple of gates, but if it weren’t for them I could’ve just autopiloted the whole trip.

The new QoL stuff was linked in jabber yesterday, though, and every one is a home run. Hopefully a portent of things to come!

Guides and videos harp on these things, because they're what you should do if you want to be safe all the time... But its not necessary most of the time.

Take bouncing while traveling for example. 99% of the time, you dont need to bounce and can warp straight to a gate. But that 1% is gonna catch up with you on jump 49 out of 56 when some guys smart bomb you on a gate, forcing you to travel all over again.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

DerekSmartymans posted:

Dalael posted:

Guides and videos harp on these things, because they're what you should do if you want to be safe all the time... But its not necessary most of the time.

Take bouncing while traveling for example. 99% of the time, you dont need to bounce and can warp straight to a gate. But that 1% is gonna catch up with you on jump 49 out of 56 when some guys smart bomb you on a gate, forcing you to travel all over again.

this but also space use to be a lot busier (allegedly; I was not here for it but I have been told repeatedly it was)

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Kaysette posted:

20 year old game for $20 a month, it just makes sense

It's like poetry, they rhyme.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

a new head of the terrifying Sansha organization has arisen: Glup Shitto

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

turns out faction big hull shooting big guns is navy dreads

the future is looking better already...

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Let's hope they do a pass on capital industry then, so people will actually build the loving things

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Let's hope they do a pass on capital industry then, so people will actually build the loving things

wormhole titans wormhole titans WORMHOLE TITANS

I want to boson rollers

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

They did a few(6?) Months ago, called siege green. They may do another but I doubt it, the prices actually seem fairly reasonable, though dreads specifically could be a bit more ammoish.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I mean, all Siege Green did was take out and straight up reduce a few low level PI out of some components. A capital still requires a poo poo ton of moon goo and gas to build

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

They did a few(6?) Months ago, called siege green. They may do another but I doubt it, the prices actually seem fairly reasonable, though dreads specifically could be a bit more ammoish.

prices feel too high for how many nerfs the ships ate and how bad some of them are in solo play tbh

their reluctance to iterate on anything they do is a problem, seige green was a step in the right direction but they need to revisit it and continue reversing the changes that they've made over the years

especially to faction ships and implants

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Every capital needs a capital core temperature regulator which my back of the napkin maths is close to one billion isk in raw moon goo and PI. A titan needs twenty of those

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Every capital needs a capital core temperature regulator which my back of the napkin maths is close to one billion isk in raw moon goo and PI. A titan needs twenty of those

lots of implants require P4 now for some reason and gilas, I can't remember what they did to gilas but they got shot in the back of the head too

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

prices feel too high for how many nerfs the ships ate and how bad some of them are in solo play tbh

their reluctance to iterate on anything they do is a problem, seige green was a step in the right direction but they need to revisit it and continue reversing the changes that they've made over the years

especially to faction ships and implants

Yeah true.

Also remember they 50% rolled back surgical strike. I think that if it was fully removed (capital health changes and all) the current prices would be fair? Though I don't know whether would people want surgical atrike rolled back, I dont/can't fly caps, so I have no opinion.

E: I'm very glad that they removed caps and supercaps being made out of literal freighters of P1 though, that poo poo was dumb no matter how funny it may have been to hear "wyverns made out of water."

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 22, 2022

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

lots of implants require P4 now for some reason and gilas, I can't remember what they did to gilas but they got shot in the back of the head too

Yeah building faction ships from bpcs is pointless now, far better to just get the actual ship with lp.

Which is a shame because I have all these ashimmu bpcs... not that the ship is good anyways.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

Wipe the servers and roll back the scarcity changes, then remove the ability for alliances to set each other as blues

In lieu of the latter, hire people to sabotage alliance relations internally. Create content by playing people against each other.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

In lieu of the latter, hire people to sabotage alliance relations internally. Create content by playing people against each other.

T20.1

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Wow this thread really is just inactive most of the time then someone says something lovely and it gets 2 pages longer in half an hour.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

floppyspud posted:

Yeah building faction ships from bpcs is pointless now, far better to just get the actual ship with lp.

Which is a shame because I have all these ashimmu bpcs... not that the ship is good anyways.

they really, really, need to buff the blood raider ships

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I like the new navy exploration frigates, but at the cost right now I think an Astero is a lot better bang for your bucks. Especially since the Astero can use a covert-ops cloak, while the new ships can just shoot better than normal explo-frigates, :lol:

On the other hand, if all you want to do is wandering around collecting those tiny frigate-sized combat exploration sites, and assuming the price goes down a lot when people start grinding them (the price halved in the last week alone, I think), I can see them seeing lots of use.

Could even be a cheap PvP-alternative to the Astero. Though them being uncloaked means the Astero is still the better hunter-ship if you have the money.

On aesthetics grounds alone the new ships are worth it, imho: Having a Probe or a Magnate that can actually shoot something is a novel experience.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I have a question: was there ever a limit to how many manufacturing jobs could be running total in a station? Like if everyone else had installed the max number of jobs the station had capacity for and you rocked up with a BPC, you couldn't run it until a slot was free? Or am I conflating several different games?

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

I have a question: was there ever a limit to how many manufacturing jobs could be running total in a station? Like if everyone else had installed the max number of jobs the station had capacity for and you rocked up with a BPC, you couldn't run it until a slot was free? Or am I conflating several different games?

Pretty sure eve did work that way.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
Same with research slots.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

I remember this being how it worked when I played a decade ago. From what I understand the citadel expansion changed this to be unlimited

This was one of the main advantages of the smart outpost in that it had way more industry slots, the Caldari one has research slots and bonuses and was rarely built as it was little better than a pos. At the time production and research could be done from poses, and in fact was largely done this way in null

I think the minmatar one was based around refining bonuses, and since ore compression didn’t exist, and respawning ore anomalies didn’t exist either, were far more common.

The gallente one just had bonuses to office spaces

WilWheaton fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 23, 2022

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

hailthefish posted:

the regular bank thing is fine and cool and funny to steal from, the fancy double extra bank that theoretically holds billions but in practice probably costs more to crack than it's worth and mostly serves as a black hole for bounties is dumb

When I first came back to eve I figured that the reserve bank was some kind of trust fund for the alliance taxes -- like they'd eventually be given to the alliance so there'd be some reason for them to fight over it and it was exciting to see the billions in there...

and then when I found out the reality of how that mechanic actually works it was so, so depressing how poorly thought out that was , I never could have imagined how stupid it was.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

WilWheaton posted:

When I first came back to eve I figured that the reserve bank was some kind of trust fund for the alliance taxes -- like they'd eventually be given to the alliance so there'd be some reason for them to fight over it and it was exciting to see the billions in there...

and then when I found out the reality of how that mechanic actually works it was so, so depressing how poorly thought out that was , I never could have imagined how stupid it was.
Yeah - I thought it would like... eventually pay out the taxes to the alliance and so was a resource collector to be defended and so on. I, too, was surprised by how stupid the actual thing was.

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

WilWheaton posted:

I remember this being how it worked when I played a decade ago. From what I understand the citadel expansion changed this to be unlimited

This was one of the main advantages of the smart outpost in that it had way more industry slots, the Caldari one has research slots and bonuses and was rarely built as it was little better than a pos. At the time production and research could be done from poses, and in fact was largely done this way in null

I think the minmatar one was based around refining bonuses, and since ore compression didn’t exist, and respawning ore anomalies didn’t exist either, were far more common.

When we lived in the southeast in like 2008-2009, I remember the only gallente one I ever ran into was the one in 77S8

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

GSV gently caress Your God posted:

When we lived in the southeast in like 2008-2009, I remember the only gallente one I ever ran into was the one in 77S8

yeah I think the usefulness of that bonus made it so there was only ever one per alliance -- if that

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I thought as much, but then I didn't really touch industry or research until recently

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

WilWheaton posted:

The Caldari outpost actively wanted your capital dead, and Amarr outposts would frequently enough kickout they they were pretty unsafe too. In addition to providing a refining bonus, Minmatar outposts had extremely generous undocking geometry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

they really, really, need to buff the blood raider ships

Agreed, I need to sell my ashimmus.