Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Aphrodite posted:

There may be a size/weight limitation? Is it a huge order?

A nendo, an Eva Tamagochi and a Spy X Family keychain. Way smaller than something like the Cloud/Jessie/Bike and only a little bigger than another nendo that dhl did fine. I guess its a chance to find out how well EMS works for stuff that's not that important to me if it gets lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Someone is in the replies saying ghost rider is a better deal. I had to force myself to not engage

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, sideshow might be cheaper than onesixth. They are banking a lot on nostalgia to open the wallet though. Those are pricey as hell for a single figure with an accessory and base.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

6 am? What time does the gate open?

8am for general public, but we’ve got early access/floor rights for Saturday/early Sunday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ooooh. I remember now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shiroc posted:

A nendo, an Eva Tamagochi and a Spy X Family keychain. Way smaller than something like the Cloud/Jessie/Bike and only a little bigger than another nendo that dhl did fine. I guess its a chance to find out how well EMS works for stuff that's not that important to me if it gets lost.

I've been forced to use DHL for single figmas before so it's definitely not that.

EMS to the States is fine though.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I need this.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I’m slightly annoyed that BBTS has the SS2 Goku but my order from Bandai isn’t expected to ship until Spring.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Shiroc posted:

I hope this is a temporary thing because DHL has been so wonderful for shipping from Japan, but definitely let us know what service you go with and how it goes. Fingers crossed for you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Masterverse Catra was delivered, no lie it's superior to the Classics version, just fewer accessories.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I hope this is a temporary thing because DHL has been so wonderful for shipping from Japan, but definitely let us know what service you go with and how it goes. Fingers crossed for you.

I did EMS because it was the best option available. I'm not expecting the magic DHL experience but I'll report how it goes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.amazon.com/McFarlane-To...s%2C133&sr=8-31

$10 off the new Booster and Beetle set.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

I see some people already noted it in the Twitter comments, but that would also be a much better base body for Silvermane than the repainted Ultron body they used, even if you have to paint over/paint strip the fleshy shoulder bits.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Kinda looks like he’d be a decent Metallo or Cyborg Superman too.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Why did they make a Booster Gold figure without a Skeets accessory?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Cloks posted:

Why did they make a Booster Gold figure without a Skeets accessory?

It has one. It attaches to the base though, instead of an effect from Booster’s back.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1583243321941819393?s=46&t=hpX739JvEMKbd3OoQRqaMg

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 21, 2022

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Fisto posted:

My jealousy is immeasurable.

I haven't owned 44, but for me theres no way 01 is a better toy than 10.

I can see it, it depends on if you have it in hand or not.

10 is inarguably better as like, an actual toy you can gently caress around with, but MP-01 is a goddamn event of a thing, that's also very bad at its actual job

The loving *wrist and ankle* pistons get me every time. It's more like a high end movable statue with supreme attention to detail and masterful aesthetics and hand feel that happens to be able to turn inside out into the world's shittest truck

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I had a random thought about Darkwing Duck the other day, since there are all these big anniversaries coming, like MotU 40.

Looked on eBay and apparently the old playmates stuff is either sealed for ridiculous prices, out lost and broken for cheap.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Silent Hill 2 1/6 is priced nicely on SS. I applied a bunch of credit and got both for $534 shipped.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I quit reading blue beetle around the time he got shot in the head, but didn't he used to use a big flash gun and not a grapple gun? I don't recall him really swinging anywhere in the old comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He had a swing line that extended down out of the Bug but as far as I recall no grappling gun.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's what I remember as well. Guess they decided to save some mold charges and gave him the grapple instead of the light gun. Ah well. Still happy they made the things.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Shiroc posted:

Amiami won’t use dhl when shipping things with batteries, happened with my Sentinel Spdr figure.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yay! \:kiddo:/

Soosoo announced the last son returns figure (routh's kingdom come Superman from crisis) is getting released soon! I just got my invoice for him!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Sanschel posted:

Amiami won’t use dhl when shipping things with batteries, happened with my Sentinel Spdr figure.

Ah, then the Tamagotchi killed it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Looking at that Hot Toys Goblin, it’s amazing how simply ditching the terrible mask and sticking a raggedy rear end purple hoodie on him took the design from lame to loving great. Maybe the best Norman’s ever looked even.

God I wish Bandai or Medicom would do a 1/12 version.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Well I've had to accept delay again from target, the tiger force outback is super back ordered I guess.

On the bright side, amiami just charged me for the agrias bring arts figure so it's a pretty good morning so far.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Sentinel Red posted:

Looking at that Hot Toys Goblin, it’s amazing how simply ditching the terrible mask and sticking a raggedy rear end purple hoodie on him took the design from lame to loving great. Maybe the best Norman’s ever looked even.

Helps that Willem Dafoe basically already has a Goblin face when he sneers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sanschel posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Since I'm in Canada they canceled mine outright. I could have sent it to the US you jerks, I have a PO box.

The dumb thing is that couriers are who you're supposed to use for stuff with batteries and EMS isn't.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Huh, my GI Joe Kamakura will be here today.

Meanwhile Target keeps delaying Outback.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I thought about getting Kam but while I know who he is, I pretty much draw the line at ‘88 figures and the only possible exceptions I’d be willing to make would be for Kwinn or the Oktober Guard, which are probably never happening.

Think I’ve got everything else I ordered apart from Mindbender, Sarge, and the stuff they just announced at PulseCon, surprised to hear there are still folks waiting on their Twins, Outback, Viper pack et al.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm still holding out hope for a re-release of Mindbender :(

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Sentinel Red posted:

I thought about getting Kam but while I know who he is, I pretty much draw the line at ‘88 figures and the only possible exceptions I’d be willing to make would be for Kwinn or the Oktober Guard, which are probably never happening.

Think I’ve got everything else I ordered apart from Mindbender, Sarge, and the stuff they just announced at PulseCon, surprised to hear there are still folks waiting on their Twins, Outback, Viper pack et al.

I honestly have no idea who the character is, I just think ninjas are cool.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I have to assume they'll do a standard release of Mindbender and Sir Pentor. Hasbro likes money.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Firefly for me

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Nice, AmiAmi's shipping my FFT Agrias figure soon.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Joe Fisto posted:

I have to assume they'll do a standard release of Mindbender and Sir Pentor. Hasbro likes money.

Yeah all the other Con exclusives models have had store releases, just without all the bells and whistles.

Though the store Zartan is several tiers below the con exclusive one.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

If you can't find it and are real desperate this Aliexpress store has it, I ordered from them because there was no local source over here and my usual Hasbro Asia sourced stores never carried it(until a week after it shipped of course).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004712446313.html
It's a bit marked up but better than Ebay prices

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1583474464683003904?s=46&t=JSAewRaQgWDJ1L-CaAGm3g

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Figma Kasumi (Persona) went up for preorder on Amiami.

Finally. A complete line. They said it was impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Sentinel Red posted:

Bandai has a Figuarts NWH Goblin they’ll announce in November.