Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Judgy Fucker posted:

I built a Go-Shintai deck and probably 2/3 of my matchups are either mirrors or Jodah.

Haven't seen a single Go-Shintai when not playing it myself, and Jodah maybe a couple times.

I see a lot of Go-Shintai (sometimes 4-5 games in a row) playing Lagrella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Hooplah posted:

what are you running?

Giada aggro angels. I dont lose every time to jodah, many times this deck is just too fast for them its just boring to play the same commander two thirds of the time

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I keep bumping into go shintai with my ivy deck

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
you know, i wouldn't mind the enchantment deck in standard so much if it weren't for Kami of Transience. JUST DIE ALREADY :argh:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lmao, complaining on the Internet works

the best thing is that this match started with Opponent just taking me to town. at one point they were at 47 life and i was at 6 with only a couple cards in hand. but you know how Grixis do lmao

edit: here's the deck. i need wildcards drat it

JUST DRAW ALL THE CARDS.DEC

3 x Cult Conscript
3 x Cut Down
3 x Negate
3 x Suspicious Stowaway
3 x Infernal Grasp
2 x Ertai's Scorn
2 x Kaito Shizuki
2 x Florian, Voldaren Scion
2 x Lagomos, Hand of Hatred
2 x Ob Nixilis, the Adversary
2 x Maestros Charm
2 x Sheoldred, the Apocalypse
2 x Sorin, the Mirthless
3 x Burn Down the House
2 x Sol'Kanar the Tainted

3 x Island
1 x Otawara, Soaring City
4 x Swamp
1 x Takenuma, Abandoned Mire
3 x Mountain
1 x Sokenzan, Crucible of Defiance
4 x Shipwreck Marsh
1 x Shivan Reef
1 x Stormcarved Coast
4 x Haunted Ridge
1 x Xander's Lounge

precision fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 20, 2022

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
What are you doing game, why do you look like this?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bugsy posted:

Lol came here to post this. Its unbearable to look at

Clean Your Teeth
Jul 10, 2009

Obviously they were clearing the stage for Post Malones concert on arena
(Not joking - go look)

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bugsy posted:

It’s cum OP.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Been a while but Izzards can still own (even after a mull to 5)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Clean Your Teeth posted:

Obviously they were clearing the stage for Post Malones concert on arena
(Not joking - go look)

whoa

Edit: oh you get sleeves from the event, the emotes are paid, natch

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Who the hell is Post Malone

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Flowers For Algeria posted:

A rap/singer who is actually a pretty OK guitar player. He may have crossed your radar back in the very beginning of covid when he and some dudes (Travis Barker played drums) did basically a webcam Nirvana cover set in his house for charity.

His music's not my thing, but he's not exactly just some manufactured pop bullshit guy.

Magic, however, has sort of cringingly latched onto him like the nerdy kid who accidentally made buddies with the high school QB because they're partners in science class.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Huxley posted:

Magic, however, has sort of cringingly latched onto him like the nerdy kid who accidentally made buddies with the high school QB because they're partners in science class.

He plays a lot of Magic, bought himself a Black Lotus and got started making Minecraft music. He's a giant nerd and he's partnering with the nerd company.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i like this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXhTHyIgQ_U

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I unironically hope this means the Mountain Goats Secret Lair is not that far away

edit:
https://twitter.com/mountain_goats/status/1288942192392888324

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Lolin at post Malone being known as “dude who did a nirvana concert” rather than internationally known pop singer with 4 number 1 songs and 2 number 1 albums and 80 million records sold

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

uggy posted:

Lolin at post Malone being known as “dude who did a nirvana concert” rather than internationally known pop singer with 4 number 1 songs and 2 number 1 albums and 80 million records sold

I am 40. I know him as the guy who did a Nirvana concert because I was 10 when Nevermind came out. I genuinely don't mean any disrespect to his music or career, I just learned about him how I learned about him.

e: Reporting back from spotify, I know Psycho, that's a pretty good one.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 20, 2022

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

circles is pretty dabg good. also he did a song for spider verse no?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

kalel posted:

That's what I know him from

(the scene the song plays for is astounding)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I unironically hope this means the Mountain Goats Secret Lair is not that far away

edit:
https://twitter.com/mountain_goats/status/1288942192392888324

this is, somehow, the least surprising thing ever

thought his D&D album was the worst one he's done in a while so i wouldn't hold out too hard for a Magic album from him. then again his pro wrestling album slaps hard so maybe it would turn out good if he focused the songs on the players instead of the cards

theoretical track listing:

- Paying Taxes
- the Last Thalia Left in the Game Store
- Confessions of a Phyrexian Sleeper
- You Milled My Heart, Now I'm Cancelling Your Aura

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Post Malone is a cool nerd imho

https://youtu.be/j8FtcDd9wbc

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Well in any case those Historic Brawl decks are kinda fun. I’ve tried the RW deck and I don’t suppose anything beats "Your red damage spells have lifegain" + "Deal 20 to every creature and planeswalker"

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Say what you will about Post Malone, it's pretty cool that they're recognising him by bringing Cloudpost and Gimmerpost to Arena.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I did not see this Post Malone event coming, but neat. His music's not my thing, but from what little I know about him, he seems like a decent guy so cool.

Edit:

Well in any case those Historic Brawl decks are kinda fun. I’ve tried the RW deck and I don’t suppose anything beats "Your red damage spells have lifegain" + "Deal 20 to every creature and planeswalker"

This deck is hilarious. Just got back to back absurd combo wins with it. First was Plargg'ing into a Deafening Clarion with Angel of Destiny and Firesong & Sunspeaker on the board. Instantly went from 15 life to 70, attacked with Angel the following turn for AoD's "YWTG" effect. Next game I managed to Star of Extinction with an Ill-Tempered Loner on the board, taking my opponent from 17-0 instantly. If you aren't sure about decks in this event, pick Boros.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Oct 21, 2022

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the post malone decks are good fun, fun enough that I decided to craft the Ellywick deck for personal use, it's just a good fun stompy timmy deck. have not tried the others but the boros one having brash taunter in it is just cruel and unusual punishment. but the ellywick deck aside from a couple early losses to rakdos has just loving steamrolled the competition, it's ridiculous how hard it can pop off if they don't kill every single mana dork you get.

get ellywick in play, plus her twice, ult, and now you have hasty tramplebois for the rest of the game and can recast ellywick for extra punishment later if you want to finish the dungeons. turn 3 ellywick has happened at least half of my games, and my opponents are generally board building too much to deal with her.

edit: it's so loving ridiculous, turn 5 or 6 EVERYONE TURN SIDEWAYS trample haste attacks are super common with the deck. good stuff. Korlessa by far is the easiest to steamroll with it but the other decks don't fare much better. 13 wins, 3 losses(2 rakdos, 1 sunspeaker due to brash taunter being anathema to green stompy)

had me on the ropes the entire game with a stolen beast whisperer and liliana dreadhorde general, but I just pushed through and them stomped their face into the dirt with phyrexian mana-powered stompers one turn followed by a craterhoof for the trample finish

I love this big dumb green deck, it's real fun.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 21, 2022

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I just cast Rakdos, Showstopper against that green deck when they had 5 creatures in play and none of them died. I moused over each of them in turn, then Rakdos to make sure I wasn't missing something. The opponent then threw up the new goblin rimshot emote. I got a good laugh out of that.

Anyway that's my fun friendly emote story.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Boxman posted:

I just cast Rakdos, Showstopper against that green deck when they had 5 creatures in play and none of them died. I moused over each of them in turn, then Rakdos to make sure I wasn't missing something. The opponent then threw up the new goblin rimshot emote. I got a good laugh out of that.

Anyway that's my fun friendly emote story.

Was there a maskwood nexus in play? Several of the decks run one.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Yeah the post brawl decks are kinda fun.
At least I assume so. For such events I choose a deck, and switch to the winner deck after every game.
So now I am 5-0 with Rackdos.
The last game took forever because I got some lifegains engines running while playing against the Boros lifegain deck.
They gave up once I got this hilariously dumb combo running:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
just once, when my opponent has a name like "The Bully" or "Toxic rear end in a top hat", it would be nice if they wouldn't draw all four copies of everything they need in their opening hand

why are assholes always so lucky??

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

precision posted:

just once, when my opponent has a name like "The Bully" or "Toxic rear end in a top hat", it would be nice if they wouldn't draw all four copies of everything they need in their opening hand

why are assholes always so lucky??

I played against a player named MagaTrump or something and I was very annoyed when they beat me. They were using the elephant guy from STX as their av lol

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

fridge corn posted:

I played against a player named MagaTrump or something and I was very annoyed when they beat me. They were using the elephant guy from STX as their av lol

That person sounds pretty cool tbh, wish I was smart enough to tilt people with my username and av

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Judgy Fucker posted:

That person sounds pretty cool tbh, wish I was smart enough to tilt people with my username and av

Yeah regardless whether they were an actual maga trumper I was annoyed that I got got by it haha

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Well, I tried the other 4 post decks once each and my conclusion is that each needs 10 more lands.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

fridge corn posted:

It feels so satisfying to beat someone that has American flag sleeves lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

precision posted:

for a hot minute there i kept seeing Silverback Elder in random decks and i'm just like, i see the appeal, but still, no

Silverback Elder is showing up in like every Gruul deck at Diamond, completely blowing up my enchantments and as soon as I see it I know I've lost

Edit: 0-4 just trying to do my dailies, standard is absolute wretchedness, i am basically trying to play how I saw Murmur Twin play this domain deck but i am getting continually smashed into the ground to the point where I don't understand all the people saying they easily climbed to mythic with this lol

Edit 2: i guess i just had to complain online to get my first win, as usual. This high platinum low diamond elo hellish area is really demoralizing though lol

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 21, 2022

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

kalel posted:

He did and it was tight AF

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Lone Goat posted:

It feels so satisfying to beat someone that has American flag sleeves lol

Reminder, the World Cup is in a month. If you have flag sleeves for any of the major nations playing (Brazil, England, Germany, etc.), use those while it's going on. I'd be willing to bet WOTC puts national sleeves in the store again either before or during the WC as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Lol double-vision-ed sea gate restoration followed up by next turn double visioned inscription of insight for the "x/x illusion creature for cards in hand" is very very funny, and this is AFTER the opponent managed to exile the "every card you cast has storm" enchantment too.

Brawl event is fun.