Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DoctorWhat posted:

what do you mean? Haruka is the normalest girl in the whole wide world.

The guy that thinks he's an actual dog half the time is the most normal DonBro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I can't wait for him to not find out the identities of the others until the crossover movie with the next sentai.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

OniSister is basically a pokemon pre evolution to Rohan kishibe

Saruhada eats imaginary food for sustenance and it works.

Kijiro is straight up the most yandere wife guy.

Jirou is the world's little brother and also actually 2 guys and you won't be able to tell which ones the original and which is more normal.

Tarou is 100 Points Of Don Momo which is too much already.

The boss might be zenakizer he might be God he might be a penguin artifical beastman with the dark desire of being a hero but he has literally anything in his cafe.

All of them are true freaks

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
As a salaryman wife guy I think it’s great that Donbrothers is giving my people some very overdue representation.

I am also eight feet tall.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Coq au Nandos posted:

As a salaryman wife guy I think it’s great that Donbrothers is giving my people some very overdue representation.

I am also eight feet tall.

Have you watched Ultraman Geed? That one also has a main character that's a salaryman wife guy and he's also very good.

Turns into a monster a lot less though.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

OniSister is basically a pokemon pre evolution to Rohan kishibe

Saruhada eats imaginary food for sustenance and it works.

Kijiro is straight up the most yandere wife guy.

Jirou is the world's little brother and also actually 2 guys and you won't be able to tell which ones the original and which is more normal.

Tarou is 100 Points Of Don Momo which is too much already.

The boss might be zenakizer he might be God he might be a penguin artifical beastman with the dark desire of being a hero but he has literally anything in his cafe.

All of them are true freaks
Let's not forget the four are canonically the best out of thousands....

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

At this rate it’d be kind of funny if Tsubasa went through the whole series not knowing the identities of the other rangers or them knowing his

Also I’m curious if there’s going to be a Zenkaiger Vs DonBrothers movie and if so how they deal with Kaito

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 21, 2022

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Larryb posted:

At this rate it’d be kind of funny if Tsubasa went through the whole series not knowing the identities of the other rangers or them knowing his

Also I’m curious if there’s going to be a Zenkaiger Vs DonBrothers movie and if so how they deal with Kaito

I want to believe Kaito and Kaito hit it off. Owner Kaito seems to like playing jokes and og Kaito is a fool.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Have you watched Ultraman Geed? That one also has a main character that's a salaryman wife guy and he's also very good.

Turns into a monster a lot less though.

geed has some absolutely incredible side characters

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Leraika posted:

Laiha deserved her own spinoff.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Leraika posted:

Geed's foster dad basically just sat around peeping at the entire universe with cosmic remote viewing and played PS2 fighting games. He even was able to peep between dimensions and see what his pal Ultraman Zero was up to.

He even knew about Riku's hentai stash

He had inoperable cancer though

Two of Geed's IRL actors wound up getting married to boot

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 21, 2022

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Binary Badger posted:

Geed's foster dad basically just sat around peeping at the entire universe with cosmic remote viewing and played PS2 fighting games. He even was able to peep between dimensions and see what his pal Ultraman Zero was up to.

He even knew about Riku's hentai stash

He had inoperable cancer though

Two of Geed's IRL actors wound up getting married to boot

Best part is that the dude is the main Ultraman suit actor.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We're only halfway through this Donbrothers ep but

E:

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 23, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

All I can say about DonBro this week is the...it's loving happening all the goddamn time and I can't stop it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/horse_ebooks/status/218439593240956928?lang=en

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh boy, I assume the NatsuMiho/Tsuyoshi/Tsubasa shoe finally dropped from the last ep's preview?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

okay so

Inuzuka managed to trigger Natsumi's memories back and she remembers him and wants to be with him and Kijino was like HEY THAT'S MY WIFE and they met to seemingly talk it out but Kijino actually had called the cops on Inuzuka and now he's in custody

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Junpei posted:

Oh boy, I assume the NatsuMiho/Tsuyoshi/Tsubasa shoe finally dropped from the last ep's preview?

Yes and no and we getting really Inoue about having a nice Udon meal and also everything else.

And next week looks even more happening.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Kiji is probably my favorite Donbrother just because he's such a consistently selfish, awful person and having superpowers doesn't even seem to have anything to do with that: deep down he's just always been the kind of person who would snitch if it benefited him.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wow, and here I was expecting the big twist/crazy poo poo to be happening in Geats with the final round and all that. Was prepared for Ace to drop a big bombshell about the nature of the GDP or the Jamato or whatever, but it turns out that Donbrothers might actually have Geats beat this week.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Justin_Brett posted:

Kiji is probably my favorite Donbrother just because he's such a consistently selfish, awful person and having superpowers doesn't even seem to have anything to do with that: deep down he's just always been the kind of person who would snitch if it benefited him.

It's amazing how much our perception of Kijino has changed despite the fact that his personality has stayed pretty much the same. In the beginning we thought he was this loving, mild-mannered underdog that you couldn't help but root for. Now we know that he's a two-faced psychopath who will complain about how it's soooo unfaaaaaair that everyone is so mean to him while he tries to stab you in the back.

With the exception of Tsubasa, all of the DonBrothers are awful people and I can't get enough.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Geats Episode 8:

Plot twist! Keiwa and Sara's parents were also victims of a Jamato attack when they were younger, Sara remembers when she touches Keiwa's ID Core.

Keiwa rocks Ninja and it looks rad.

That being said, his injuries are too severe and Tsumuri takes him out of the game, which Keiwa is actually a little relieved by, happy that he managed to save his sister.

Looks like our mysterious masked arbitrator is revealing himself next episode, with some side mission involving protecting eggs?

If nothing else I feel like Keiwa will be back relatively soon. He's the secondary, they're not going to fully eliminate him this early on in the story.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Keiwa's color scheme with Ninja and Ninja Boost heavily evoke Rider 2.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

So it looks like Ultraman Decker is about at its midway point and we now know what the Sphere are doing there, they did telegraph the Professor's heel turn I think.

mumble mumble time loop shenanigans

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Kind of a weird inversion of the original, where Kazuma receives Dyna's powers from his father, and not...his descendant. Decker has been...okay, so far, but I hope the next series won't be a reboot of Gaia, otherwise I'll have to check out until 20 years from now when they finally loop back around to Ultraman ZZ or whatever it is they'll call it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I hate (read as "love") Donbrothers because I want to properly explain how I feel about this episode but words just won't come to me except "holy poo poo, what the gently caress" and that's like every episode but this one's extreme in that regard. What a show. Tsubasa just can't know happiness even when he finally gets what he suffered for so long for, huh? And Tsuyoshi is just...a significantly terrible person, I'm genuinely in shock still that someone this two-faced actually got to be a Ranger and for so long without any sort of improvement to his personality, and I love it. Next week shows that Goldon Momotaro can still perform Avatar Changes and they get his armour which I'm sure we won't ever see again afterwards because this show sure does not care about its toys.

Meanwhile with Geats Keiwa is the best and I love a show that makes me care so much about the guy with genuinely selfless ideals over the more complex and morally-ambiguous cast, that's good writing right there. The explanation over why Shinobi specifically keys to him was also very nice, I thought he'd just get it and that's it. That he clearly hit a note with the otherwise very untrustworthy Ace with his parents and sister also humanizes Ace a bit. I'll miss him, but it does make the game feel more positive that it won't let heavily hurt players get themselves killed (also he's definitely coming back soon, next week's the end of this DGP considering it's an "F" episode). That said, the game also sure feels very unfair on the players here, this didn't count as a clear so Neon gets no points despite being the one that finally kicked the can, lame.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Is Kijino going to eclipse Gai from Jetman as the Worst Member Of Any Sentai, Ever?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Junpei posted:

Is Kijino going to eclipse Gai from Jetman as the Worst Member Of Any Sentai, Ever?

Depends on when and how he sexually assaults someone

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

Depends on when and how he sexually assaults someone

In any other moment, I'd say this is downright impossible since his main character trait is his undying love and loyalty to his wife, but now that Miho has recovered her memories as Natsumi, I find it completely possible that he'd do that because NO YOU'RE MY MIHO-CHAN. That said, that would be very out of place for modern Sentai, so I don't see it happening.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

In any other moment, I'd say this is downright impossible since his main character trait is his undying love and loyalty to his wife, but now that Miho has recovered her memories as Natsumi, I find it completely possible that he'd do that because NO YOU'RE MY MIHO-CHAN. That said, that would be very out of place for modern Sentai, so I don't see it happening.

I'm of the opinion that it's an act on the part of the Crane because they like to tell stories iirc and a love triangle like this is just ripe for that. That said, the wife guy is probably gonna go as yandere as possible as one can on sentai and it'll likely culminate some big CG duel between Bird and Dog. Dog probably loses but rebounds with Sononi

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1584712333275721729?s=20&t=Zo7M_47_N6OY2K4bFq6uOg

Team Rider in shambles

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm of the opinion that it's an act on the part of the Crane because they like to tell stories iirc and a love triangle like this is just ripe for that. That said, the wife guy is probably gonna go as yandere as possible as one can on sentai and it'll likely culminate some big CG duel between Bird and Dog. Dog probably loses but rebounds with Sononi

...rebounds as in, 'gets back into the fight with Sononi's assistance and whoops Kijino's rear end' or rebounds romantically into Sononi

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

For the record, this means that Shout Factory either did not request/secure a first rights look at Kamen Rider Black, allowed it to lapse, or Toei *did not give them it*

For the series that might be the most well known/popular internationally in the franchise.

That is some hardcore no hope

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
https://twitter.com/TokuChris/status/1584721582060093443
Odds are this is Discotek's big investment, whereas Shout! does everything piecemeal (This is also why Shout! has a few random Ultraman shows in not particularly reasonable order).
Not that I'm complaining, Discotek's a better choice in the long run.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Trogglodyte posted:

Shout's streaming is pretty awesome, though. I've seen all kinds of sentai shows and what not appear not just on their app but general purpose services like Pluto.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Trogglodyte posted:

https://twitter.com/TokuChris/status/1584721582060093443
Odds are this is Discotek's big investment, whereas Shout! does everything piecemeal (This is also why Shout! has a few random Ultraman shows in not particularly reasonable order).

Shout’s also finally gone back to doing Sentai releases again (Fiveman came out last month for example)

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

shout's streaming stuff is cool, but if you really like a series, there's nobody better to license it than discotek. those guys really just go hard on getting those blu rays looking good and full of cool poo poo

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Finally started watching Don Brothers again, just finished the MVP episode. I'm very far behind.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Junpei posted:

...rebounds as in, 'gets back into the fight with Sononi's assistance and whoops Kijino's rear end' or rebounds romantically into Sononi

...yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

studio mujahideen posted:

shout's streaming stuff is cool, but if you really like a series, there's nobody better to license it than discotek. those guys really just go hard on getting those blu rays looking good and full of cool poo poo

Those motherfuckers have some kinda black magic when it comes to video quality, man. They had a whole multi-minute aside in the last stream about all the work they went in to be able to remaster the end credits for Gunbuster

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1584716814998679552?s=20&t=BwnNrA3clcafq4lrjjn71Q