Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oooooooh, neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Firefly for me

Firefly has come down in price quite a bit on ebay if you just want to go that route. Although, with no insider info I'm still 100% sure he'll get another version down the road.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I believe they’ve even said they plan to make a classic inspired saboteur version of Firefly down the line.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I'm still holding out hope for a re-release of Mindbender :(

He is available on Ali Express.

[edit - ah, can see someone already mentioned AE]

I bought a Cobra Viper from a seller on there, which is on its way to me, so fingers crossed it's not a knock off...

CaptainN fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 21, 2022

gregday
May 23, 2003

Earlier this year Denuo Novo announced a replica Batman 1989 cowl supposedly based on laser scans of an original. The prototype they showed looked pretty good:

Well now they are close to shipping and their website shows the final product that will go out to buyers:

They want $950 for this.

Lol

Lmao

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Other posted:

If you can't find it and are real desperate this Aliexpress store has it, I ordered from them because there was no local source over here and my usual Hasbro Asia sourced stores never carried it(until a week after it shipped of course).
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004712446313.html
It's a bit marked up but better than Ebay prices

Thanks for the tip!!

I think I'll hold out. I like Bendy, but I'm not so inclined that I'll pay that amount. Cheers though!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
@Greg

Hahahahahaha

Even those initial shots looked off, the texture didn't look rough enough imo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
SO SHINY

does anyone own the NECA Flash Gordons? I just had a Defenders of the Earth flashback and kind of want to add him to my hero display but most of my NECA figures broke soon after purchase but to be fair, it's been many years since I've bought one.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

does anyone own the NECA Flash Gordons? I just had a Defenders of the Earth flashback and kind of want to add him to my hero display but most of my NECA figures broke soon after purchase but to be fair, it's been many years since I've bought one.

I got the original release. Pretty solid figure, but the joints were extremely tight. My understanding is this was fixed on subsequent released. I've got both Phantoms and the 2nd one is a noticeable improvement over the first. The paint chips off the anke joints, and the joints are molded in the color of the figure instead of the boot, so that could potentially be something that bothers you. I don't care that much.

If you haven't bought a NECA figure in years, I think you'll be happily surprised with how good these are. That being said they still use the worst plastic in the business...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Good to know, I'd probably just get him posed and never touch him again. Just kind of torn on which version I like better.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I have the Defenders of the Earth Flash and echo the above sentiments. Good figure but needs warming up to move the joints without breaking, and the paint wear is inevitable and bad. Ming was the best guy in wave one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Found an ebay sell with both versions and accepting offers so I went a bit low and asked for combined shipping. Hopefully I can get them both for the price of one at Target.

Page Punchers Superman is here and I am so glad I got this, the sculpt is gorgeous and the muted blue and red looks really amazing. My only complaint is the McFarlane flight stands are pretty drat weak.

Edit: OH but you can do this!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 21, 2022

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Anyone going to LegionsCon in a few weeks?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Louisgod posted:

Nice, AmiAmi's shipping my FFT Agrias figure soon.

Same here. I hope it actually... ships? My Ramza has been in a really weird status with them for months now.

gregday
May 23, 2003

GAH!

GAHHH!

GAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I've never bought a funko pop but if I saw horrifying McDonalds cup in a store I might consider it

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I missed the Cactus Plant adult happy meals. :(

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I got the Halloween pumpkin pail because I took a sick day to deal with my Covid booster and I just felt like poo poo overall, but these new ones are loving tiny and don’t even include real lids! Like I feel like an insane person complaining about a happy meal bucket, but if you’re gonna pull nostalgia bait to get adults to buy Happy Meals, then go all the way man.

:colbert:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The official MOTU account on Twitter is officially open to suggestions for the future of the brand. I’m one of many people clamoring for more Princess of Power representation, especially in Origins.

If you have any particular requests for MOTU stuff here’s a chance to call them out. If you don’t, feel free to just back me up and ask for more She-Ra because it’s the right thing to do.

Or just tell them to cut out the NFT poo poo.

https://twitter.com/mastersofficial/status/1583508341464014849?s=46&t=K1ewfOreBRWO3CzJog3ZRg

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Why is he man the shortest in the group?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

He’s an Origins figure, the others are Masterverse

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also let He-Man be a short king.

Nothing wrong with that.

ALSO Rhyno! Keep me posted if McFarlane ever makes a Fleischer Superman, or at least one wearing that costume. That's always been my favorite look for the big guy

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Ninja time!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I don't mind him being short, I am was just wondering why he was shorter. That explains the face too.

I learned a long time ago to let poo poo go and not get mad over toys. There's bigger battles to fight in the world than being mad about a piece of plastic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Update: got both versions of Flash Gordon for $42 shipped.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

He-Manlet

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man it kind of sucks that the Matty Collector Voltron is so expensive, that would look great with what I want for the display.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

It's happening y'all

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Feels like an email is an underwhelming herald for Galactus but okay

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shiroc posted:

Feels like an email is an underwhelming herald for Galactus but okay

you face the cosmic wrath of CHAIN LETTER

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

It's happening y'all

Mine should be here Sunday!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I got the Halloween pumpkin pail because I took a sick day to deal with my Covid booster and I just felt like poo poo overall, but these new ones are loving tiny and don’t even include real lids! Like I feel like an insane person complaining about a happy meal bucket, but if you’re gonna pull nostalgia bait to get adults to buy Happy Meals, then go all the way man.

:colbert:

I haven't eaten McDonald's in... Well I can't recall. I was swooned by these pails, as I recall them from when I was a kid, but this is somewhat disappointing. Somehow, and yet I want planning on getting one anyway? Still I find myself disappointed.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Anyone going to LegionsCon in a few weeks?

I'll be at Legionscon. I make the highlight videos for the My Wife is Going to Kill Me Podcast. The podcast that the exclusive two pack is of.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I’ll be at Legions Con, not sure why but they said tickets will sell out so I got fomo for a New Jersey toy show :D

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I’ll be at Legions Con, not sure why but they said tickets will sell out so I got fomo for a New Jersey toy show :D

I mean, it did sell out. For at least a month or two now.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m torn because I love the creature effects in The Thing and the dog is so iconic, but there’s something inherently hosed up about owning a tiny plastic mutilated bloody animal even if it’s just a scene from a movie. You know? It’s like right on that line of “toys you should be embarrassed to have other people see”.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1583609652537098240?s=46&t=XT5zR7NPrfQ_kfHlY99ckQ

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Mine should be here Sunday!

That’s what mine says too! It’s fed ex so I’ll believe it when it’s in my hands.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i can't wait to see them in this thread, really eager to see how you integrate them into your displays

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’m torn because I love the creature effects in The Thing and the dog is so iconic, but there’s something inherently hosed up about owning a tiny plastic mutilated bloody animal even if it’s just a scene from a movie. You know? It’s like right on that line of “toys you should be embarrassed to have other people see”.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1583609652537098240?s=46&t=XT5zR7NPrfQ_kfHlY99ckQ

That reminded me of how I'm constantly confused that nobody is making average price 6'' figures for Resident Evil but places make things like this https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/156422. How is there a perceived market for that but not like, a $30-$60 area Jill Valentine?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That's definitely one of those cases where I dearly love the source material but definitely don't want toys of it. Kind of the point of The Thing is that the creature is always awful and disgusting and hard to look at. That's brilliant in the context of the film, where being horrified is the point, but I would not want that just sitting on my shelf. Not just because it's off-putting in general, but also because it kinda lessens the impact of those scenes in the movie if you've memorized every tendril of the creature. I've seen the movie enough times that it's not exactly going to surprise me when gory stuff happens, but I don't want to be watching my favorite horror movie and thinking "hey that looks just like my toy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I need this torn up hosed up dog toy so bad