Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What color scheme do you think? I'm thinking Dark Purple and silver, maybe yellow accents? but IDK that I'm good with anything freehand yet.

I went with a mix for mine, it felt appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

I went with a mix for mine, it felt appropriate.

I was very confused for a second there by Din, but yeah looks good. Good idea with the kicked up snow from the jetpacks, I hadn't figured out if was going to do anything there or not.

I guess I'll have to brush on some primer instead of spraycan so I don't get paint on the clear plastic thing

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
He's a little short for a Mandalorian. 3D printed at just ever-so-slightly the wrong scale, but it's the only handy picture I had of them as a whole group.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I was very confused for a second there by Din, but yeah looks good. Good idea with the kicked up snow from the jetpacks, I hadn't figured out if was going to do anything there or not.

I guess I'll have to brush on some primer instead of spraycan so I don't get paint on the clear plastic thing

You can use silly putty or masking tape to cover the flight stands and keep it clear.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

xpost from 40k, did a lot of things for the first time on this model and am happy with how it came out.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Nazzadan posted:

xpost from 40k, did a lot of things for the first time on this model and am happy with how it came out.

Woooowwwww that rules!

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Thank you! And now looking at the photo of it I see like 3 things I just didn't paint, oops. I really want to move on to another character model so I think those spots will stay black for now

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Nazzadan posted:

Thank you! And now looking at the photo of it I see like 3 things I just didn't paint, oops. I really want to move on to another character model so I think those spots will stay black for now

The magic of photography!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

That is a great robot.

I painted some myself. One of my first endeavors in non-fantasy miniatures that aren't 40K orcs.

Scutters! I need me some of those, where are they from?

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Possibly a dumb question.

I have a compressor for my airbrush. It didn't come with a tank. I bought a small two liter tank from a auto parts store.

Until now I've had the setup like so: Compressor > Pressure regulator -> tank -> airbrush.

This is... definitely wrong, right? It should be:

Compressor -> tank -> pressure regulator -> airbrush?

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
So many models and nothing to paint.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Geisladisk posted:

Possibly a dumb question.

I have a compressor for my airbrush. It didn't come with a tank. I bought a small two liter tank from a auto parts store.

Until now I've had the setup like so: Compressor > Pressure regulator -> tank -> airbrush.

This is... definitely wrong, right? It should be:

Compressor -> tank -> pressure regulator -> airbrush?

I'll put it this way, the pressure won't go above the regulator's setpoint in the tank in the way you have it right now. You gain a higher air pressure with the regulator after the tank but there's nothing wrong with the first setup. It provides a buffer that smooths the on/off cycles of the compressor either way.

If you ran an autoshop then you're in trouble

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

Scutters! I need me some of those, where are they from?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4190695

I cut the model in half so that the top could rotate around and they all wouldn't be fixed into the same position but that was easy enough to do with Prusa slicer.

(I think that I scaled them down to about 33% of their original size, FYI)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I couldn't help myself, picked up one of these

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Crosspost from the Battletech thread:

Icon Of Sin posted:

Speaking of painting, just finished a Steiner scout pile o’ guns with a skull on top

Probably would’ve been a touch more menacing with red trim on the skull bits, but red/green makes me think of Christmas…so that just wasn’t going to work :v:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Indolent Bastard posted:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4190695

I cut the model in half so that the top could rotate around and they all wouldn't be fixed into the same position but that was easy enough to do with Prusa slicer.

(I think that I scaled them down to about 33% of their original size, FYI)

Cheers!

Indolent Bastard posted:

https://gamedecor.com/undead-heroes-of-the-realm.html

(This is a digital product for use with 3D printers and is provided via direct download from GameDecor.com This is NOT a physical product.)

Also cheers, and sorry for the delay :)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

My dumb little safety-vest potato man I painted for my local GW's model of the month. Not that bad for the second model I've ever sat down and painted (not counting the "paint jobs" I did on model vehicles back in the... 5th grade?) Some simple bright colors with gray for the pants under the armor and metalics then some Army Painter strong tone wash.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Randalor posted:

My dumb little safety-vest potato man I painted for my local GW's model of the month. Not that bad for the second model I've ever sat down and painted (not counting the "paint jobs" I did on model vehicles back in the... 5th grade?) Some simple bright colors with gray for the pants under the armor and metalics then some Army Painter strong tone wash.

That's your second model ever? You did great, and the model as painted looks like a scrunt/Iron Man crossover :stwoon:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Icon Of Sin posted:

That's your second model ever? You did great, and the model as painted looks like a scrunt/Iron Man crossover :stwoon:

Thinking back on it, I have painted some minis in the past, but we're talking over a decade ago for miniature games I stopped playing... over a decade ago, and I don't think I ever actually finished those models, I think they just reached the "Primer and maybe a base coat" levels of "painted". So second model someone would actually say was painted and not "painted for certain definitions of painted".

Oh, and some flumphs but those were mono-color because I wanted to see how some "dragonfly iridescent" effect paint would look on red or blue, so were more just to get the hang of thinning paint to a usable thickness.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
finished a unit of 10mm halflings:

i also made a city tile for my terrain hexes project. the brickwork is printed on cardstock. i added grass and the brick trim

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

They're not even cross-eyed. :pusheen:

Burns
May 10, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I couldn't help myself, picked up one of these

Where can i get these?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Nebalebadingdong posted:

i also made a city tile for my terrain hexes project. the brickwork is printed on cardstock. i added grass and the brick trim

Woooooow this is awesome lol

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Bruh what the gently caress

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Burns posted:

Where can i get these?

https://blacksitestudio.com/products/zaibatsu-bounty-hunters

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

S.J. posted:

Wait until you see what he can do at the atomic level.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

S.J. posted:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Do you do these guys naked eye or what kind of magnifier do you use?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
i always paint fully naked, eyes or otherwise!

(more seriously: no i dont use any magnification. i tried it and it didn't help)

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I am trying to learn to do NMM and for not knowing what I'm doing, it came out... okay? Some parts work well, others not as much.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nebalebadingdong posted:

i always paint fully naked, eyes or otherwise!

(more seriously: no i dont use any magnification. i tried it and it didn't help)

Cool, I don't either but I asked in order to pick your brain for a suggestion on one as everything I've tried makes me dizzy except for crazy expensive lab grade ones.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Lumpy posted:

I am trying to learn to do NMM and for not knowing what I'm doing, it came out... okay? Some parts work well, others not as much.

It looks great especially the fuel tank, i reckon

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Looks like V2 of Army Painter Speedpaints are definitely in the works. Good news, esp. since they hired some goodly painter people to consult:

Dana Howl posted:

Hi everyone!!! Just a quick announcement that @The Army Painter has hired myself, @Goobertown Hobbies , @Ninjon, and @Watch It Paint It to consult and help design the next wave of speedpaints, INCLUDING all new colours as well as a reformulated medium designed to reduce reactivation while still keeping that speedpaint feel!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=post?UgkxFw5w-tRmXnu0nWJOrgvZlvmHO4NWxawA

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Neat but I haven't finished using my existing speedpaints and probably won't for years 😂

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Neat but I haven't finished using my existing speedpaints and probably won't for years 😂

They will be my "basecoat for oils" paints for the rest of my life.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

More droids. 🤖

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Monster based holiday coming up, so I painted a monster.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Change "reduce reactivation" to "eliminate reactivation completely" when it comes to Speedpaints and then I'll be interested. Though it does seem that AP is at least taking some steps in the right direction.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Electric Hobo posted:

Monster based holiday coming up, so I painted a monster.

Sick paint job. Love what archevillains been putting out lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Lumpy posted:

Looks like V2 of Army Painter Speedpaints are definitely in the works. Good news, esp. since they hired some goodly painter people to consult:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=post?UgkxFw5w-tRmXnu0nWJOrgvZlvmHO4NWxawA
Looks promising especially since Brent from Goobertown is an actual chemist in addition to a miniature painter.