Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

poisonpill posted:

Gonna put out an open call for posts or PMs of Musk stories from anyone who knows someone who knows him. I've been collecting Elon stories and won't share them, but his private life is an absolute mess, more than is really known

Are you trying to write a book and looking for free material?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Aren’t we all?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ukraine better pay up or musk is going to call them all pedophiles

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

poisonpill posted:

Gonna put out an open call for posts or PMs of Musk stories from anyone who knows someone who knows him. I've been collecting Elon stories and won't share them, but his private life is an absolute mess, more than is really known

his junk looks like a pile of cooked spaghetti

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

poisonpill posted:

Share the stories man, what the hell :cmon:

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Share the stories man, what the hell :cmon:

just imagine the worst genital possible. your imagination won't exceed the reality

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

can someone PLEASE describe elons penis in detail to me through private messages. i have gigabytes of photographic evidence and hours of audio logs from the man himself but he asked me nicely not to share. thanks in advance.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
A thorough medical report on the weirdness of Elon's Musk penis, it is 75 pages

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It curves, but not in a Euclidean way

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

poisonpill posted:

You can post them here, just introduce them like, "I heard about this random musky-smelling guy who..."

That way you'll be safe from lawsuits, but can give us some good laffs.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

kdrudy posted:

It curves, but not in a Euclidean way

So that explains the new "Man seeking Klein Jar" setting on the dating apps.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I hear that he had himself cloned a few times so he could harvest their testicles for implanting to increase his fertility.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

goatface posted:

I hear that he had himself cloned a few times so he could harvest their testicles for implanting to increase his fertility.

I heard that he cloned himself so he could suck his own dick. He said it tastes p great, btw

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1581345747777179651

lmao

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
is Musk the only billionaire that you can actively bully on twitter and actually have him respond to it? Feels like every other billionaire just ignores it

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
World's richest man discovers he's into findom

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

CharlestonJew posted:

is Musk the only billionaire that you can actively bully on twitter and actually have him respond to it? Feels like every other billionaire just ignores it

Pretty much, every other billionaire's Twitter is run by their personal or corporate PR team.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

this rear end in a top hat lmao

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if someone at the DoD asked him if he enjoyed having rocket launching rights.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

eeyore musk sighing, woe is me

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
It's so ridiculous that other people won't pay for me, the worlds richest person, to do things.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It’s wild that you can interact with the worlds richest man the same way you could Lowtax when he was alive

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

SpartanIvy posted:

It's so ridiculous that other people won't pay for me, the worlds richest person, to do things.

When in fact, taxpayer dollars do pay for a lot of the things Elon does.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Musk blinked lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He always was gonna. He probably was hoping people would beg him for his help and instead well no one did. He gambled and lost

He had no way to win the gamble but that’s another matter

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The best part is the story that will be written about how Starlink absolutely did not lose any money on supporting Ukraine and it was in fact all paid for.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

Nah, Notch is easy to wind up as well

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Bushmaori posted:

Notch blocked me because i made fun of him, its very funny to imagine a billionaire reading my comment and getting upset. Also Ricky Gervais has blocked me because I said he was annoying in a comment where I didn't even tag him, he was clearly searching his name and blocking people lmao.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

poisonpill posted:

I feel like it's this weird societal cringe thing we all do where we assume that rich and/or successful people have their lives "together," and catfish-like bottom-feeders on society are all huge wrecks is just how it is. In reality, there's very little difference between the rich and poor except in choice of vice. Mental issues, bad decisions, and overall dumb poo poo all non-different between the rich and poor. It's annoying that we see some guy inherit a bunch of money, and then do a few things so he can buy other companies as somehow more "together" than people who don't have the same luck/random chance.

That said, I have no doubt Musk is an absolute internet degenerate. If my time on SA has taught me anything, it's that some people go super hard into internet weirdness and they will never crawl back out. As a fake tech nerd, Musk has been interneting HARD since the 90s. He's got the decades of work that many have put in. From Lemon Party and Goatse, to Image Macros and the Memes of today, I bet that dude is a straight up loving nerd rear end dork as much as anyone else here. He just has more money than they do.

Bushmaori posted:

This pairs with my dumb point. He's another normal programmer (that is a giant loving) nerd that struck it rich. It's easier to just imagine him not striking it rich, because the personality hasn't change at all. I see Musk in this category, too. A couple of anti-social weirdos with cash.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

you're leaving out the whole thing about how he got spending money growing up by selling his dad's spare zambian emeralds. dude's weirdness goes far deeper than that of the average goon

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

The Washington Post has an article on Musk's plans for Twitter and the material he's been using to shop around for investors. The basic plan is:
  • Cut Twitter's staff by 75%, from 7500 to around 2000.
  • Fire even the people he wants to keep and force them to go through rehiring.
  • Create a subscription service for exclusive celebrity content.
  • Slacken moderation standards.
  • Allow Trump back.
Twitter is already floundering and has been instituting a stacked ranking system. Workers are ranked in relation to each other, so there is always a bottom 10% and a top 10% regardless of circumstance or overall team performance, with the idea of regularly firing the lowest ranked workers. Musk is planning to immediately target the bottom ranked 40% for first removal upon getting control of Twitter before moving on to firing another 35% of the company.

Somehow this is supposed to double revenue in 3 years and triple the number of daily users.

Unsurprisingly even some politically conservative investors have been declining this amazing plan. Unfortunately there are wealthy Trump sycophants and "Free Speech" blowhards to throw money at Musk.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How would exclusive celebrity content even work? Will he make deals with them to put out content? Why would they want to do that

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like a completely unmoderated service that will get them fined and banned from most of Europe.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

CharlestheHammer posted:

How would exclusive celebrity content even work? Will he make deals with them to put out content? Why would they want to do that

I’m sure if they got paid some would. The issue I see is people willing to pay for that.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Rebel Blob posted:

The Washington Post has an article on Musk's plans for Twitter and the material he's been using to shop around for investors. The basic plan is:
  • Allow Trump back.
Twitter is already floundering and has been instituting a stacked ranking system. Workers are ranked in relation to each other, so there is always a bottom 10% and a top 10% regardless of circumstance or overall team performance, with the idea of regularly firing the lowest ranked workers. Musk is planning to immediately target the bottom ranked 40% for first removal upon getting control of Twitter before moving on to firing another 35% of the company.

Somehow this is supposed to double revenue in 3 years and triple the number of daily users.

Unsurprisingly even some politically conservative investors have been declining this amazing plan. Unfortunately there are wealthy Trump sycophants and "Free Speech" blowhards to throw money at Musk.

Thats going to be hysterical.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Rebel Blob posted:

• Allow Trump back.

This is going to be a riot, because its absolutely setup to fail, possibly on purpose.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
The current fun Twitter speculation is that Musk has been tweeting his dumbass Russia stuff on purpose to get the US government to tank his Twitter deal over national security concerns

edit:
https://twitter.com/matt_levine/status/1583263060013494272?s=20&t=hLG0ZXpxIVxU3lZTz7qYyQ

ohhyeah fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 21, 2022

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I never understood why twitter hasn't added a support for some kind of longer form blog/article type of content. Currently, people either make clunky 30+ tweet threads, or post their content on dedicated sites like Medium or Substack and link those.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

BoldFace posted:

I never understood why twitter hasn't added a support for some kind of longer form blog/article type of content. Currently, people either make clunky 30+ tweet threads, or post their content on dedicated sites like Medium or Substack and link those.

I think Twitter is scared to suggest that what makes Twitter Twitter is undesirable or even bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ohhyeah posted:

The current fun Twitter speculation is that Musk has been tweeting his dumbass Russia stuff on purpose to get the US government to tank his Twitter deal over national security concerns

ah yes, the 5d chessmaster elon musk, of course this was the plan all along