Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

isndl posted:

Goddammit Tynan, constructoids can't deconstruct or repair? And since there's no agrihand in the starting package I have to trick the constructoid into chopping trees with blueprints? This is bullshit.

The mech gestator also might be bugged in my game for some reason. The interaction circle and progress bar is oddly placed, and it didn't actually consume the resources when I started gestating an agrihand. Hopefully it pops the mech successfully. :shrug:

Is there a separate robot that repairs? I recall that the devblog mentioned a robot that repairs things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
It does look like the power of sweeping is locked behind the first super mech though which feels kinda silly. Lancers! Scythers! sweepbot 3000 Centipedes!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Popete posted:

As a vanilla player, I simply just press the "play" button.

what the gently caress

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Heads up, haven't tested myself yet but apparently Map Preview added a feature to reroll your map since Map Reroll hasn't updated yet

quote:

Reroll map seeds (RimWorld 1.4 only): You can reroll the seed for individual world tiles. This feature is disabled by default and can be enabled in the mod settings. The main difference to the Map Reroll mod is that the rerolling happens on the world screen, before the actual map is generated, which is better for mod compatibility.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 21, 2022

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Popete posted:

As a vanilla player, I simply just press the "play" button.

:mods:

I cannot live without Allow Tool, which is why I am currently dying. I love the UI revamp; the touches of color on the commands are nice.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Danaru posted:

Heads up, haven't tested myself yet but apparently Map Preview added a feature to reroll your map since Map Reroll hasn't updated yet

I agree, forget catgirl paradise give me red pandaland, finally a way to get my wife into gaming

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:cripes: Fixed it, not sure how I managed that

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
having a nice time with a vanilla tribals game, so far we have encountered lots of genies

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Apparently "put baby someplace safe" includes my freezer. There's a perfectly good crib, but no, "Put baby someplace safe" just moves it around the freezer floor.

Swell job, pawns. A+.

e: Hmm. Apparently caused by one of my very few mods. Bother.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 21, 2022

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

DarthRoblox posted:

Mine are both deconstructing and repairing (somewhat annoyingly since you can't seem to control their priorities so they aren't building the charger I desperately need). The lack of a tree chopper is kinda annoying, but since you start with all the necessary tech you can get a gestator up in the first day or two.

Yeah, I had to forbid blueprints to get the constructoid to prioritize a bed. Disabling all my mods got the constructoid to repair and deconstruct, so something in the list is breaking it... and some digging shows it's Complex Jobs at fault. Going to have to pull that until it gets another update, I guess.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

DarthRoblox posted:

It does look like the power of sweeping is locked behind the first super mech though which feels kinda silly. Lancers! Scythers! sweepbot 3000 Centipedes!

Cleaning automation is too op because it would make things less poo poo.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rimworld: The future is foxgirls

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
Did there used to be a bunch of customisation sliders on the storyteller screen? Or was that a mod I had installed? loving mods have broken me, no idea what is vanilla anymore

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/r81j5RO.mp4

lol

lmao

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Deketh posted:

Did there used to be a bunch of customisation sliders on the storyteller screen? Or was that a mod I had installed? loving mods have broken me, no idea what is vanilla anymore

Not that I can recall, there is just the difficulty options.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Here's a fork of Researchpal, so that's one at least

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I like that you can go for infinitely complex genetics as long as you have the infrastructure to support it, there doesn't appear to be hard limit on complexity but it looks like you max out at around 60.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

Not that I can recall, there is just the difficulty options.

Ok, thanks. I wonder what mod that was then :shrug:

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Is Vanilla Base Generation Expanded any good? I usually try to avoid VE mods but this one looks decent.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Sachant posted:

Is Vanilla Base Generation Expanded any good? I usually try to avoid VE mods but this one looks decent.

In general yeah. It occasionally messes up badly and puts half a base in a mountain but that may be mods being in disharmony. It does make settlement battles more difficult though since enemies tend to have more cover. You have to take buildings one at a time rather than just hit the center with a rocket and move on. It isn't a mod I notice having, it meshes well with the game.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Deketh posted:

Ok, thanks. I wonder what mod that was then :shrug:

I mean the custom difficulty settings have a bunch of sliders? Maybe that’s what you’re thinking of? That’s a base game feature though.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006

hopeandjoy posted:

I mean the custom difficulty settings have a bunch of sliders? Maybe that’s what you’re thinking of? That’s a base game feature though.

I'm an idiot :cripes: I couldn't find it, for some reason. Thanks!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Apparently "put baby someplace safe" includes my freezer. There's a perfectly good crib, but no, "Put baby someplace safe" just moves it around the freezer floor.

Swell job, pawns. A+.

e: Hmm. Apparently caused by one of my very few mods. Bother.

We've entered a new age of out-of-context Rimworld quotes

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:shepface: The oldest one is 10, god drat Tynan is going all out on the "Story Generator" aspect

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
Eat them

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Trying to add the parka recipe to the crafting spot and I'm utterly baffled by how recipes are defined, I know this is like two lines of XML but I am completely stumped as to how you know what the names of things are/what their path is :confused:

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Do you have an XML editor or are you just trying to edit it in Notepad++ or something? Getting an XML-specific editor helped me understand and work with the things much better when one of our work systems converted a couple years ago.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The thing I'm trying to do is probably the simplest operation you can do, I don't think it's a tool problem, it's just me being stumped by a concept :confused:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Danaru posted:

:shepface: The oldest one is 10, god drat Tynan is going all out on the "Story Generator" aspect

It almost seems cruel to not handle the problem for them. Sending them on their way seems kinda hosed up

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Flesh Forge posted:

The thing I'm trying to do is probably the simplest operation you can do, I don't think it's a tool problem, it's just me being stumped by a concept :confused:

I was in the same boat! I had a really hard time visualizing the hierarchy of everything just having it open in a normal text editor. Using XML Notepad for a few weeks really helped me see the Matrix.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

jokes posted:

It almost seems cruel to not handle the problem for them. Sending them on their way seems kinda hosed up

Yeah that kind of quest desperately needs an option to step in and rescue the friend for them. Shouldn't be too hard to mod, come to think of it, just generate a hostile settlement with a pawn to rescue.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Anno posted:

I was in the same boat! I had a really hard time visualizing the hierarchy of everything just having it open in a normal text editor. Using XML Notepad for a few weeks really helped me see the Matrix.

I'm stumped before that point, it's not XML structure that I am stuck on - where are recipes defined? it doesn't matter if I have a specific tool if I don't know what file to edit with it.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

Trying to add the parka recipe to the crafting spot and I'm utterly baffled by how recipes are defined, I know this is like two lines of XML but I am completely stumped as to how you know what the names of things are/what their path is :confused:

So recipes are a def and so the def structure for apparel made of stuff(material) will be in the data/core/defs/ThingDefs_Misc/apparel_various.xml. You're looking for ApparelMakeableBase in that file since that is the parent thing of parkas which is where the recipeMaker is defined.However, since you don't want all children of ApparelMakeableBase to use crafting spots, you want to insert into Apparel_Parka the following:

Edit: Correction:
<recipeMaker>
<recipeUsers>
<li>ElectricTailoringBench</li>
<li>HandTailoringBench</li>
<li>CraftingSpot</li>
</recipeUsers>
<displayPriority>220</displayPriority>
</recipeMaker>

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 21, 2022

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah I just figured that out from looking at Apparel_Headgear, thanks

I kept looking for an explicit name for "Make_Parka" or something and it just ... isn't exposed, but I see

e: I'm pretty sure this is almost it but I'm not referring to the Parka def correctly :confused:

code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Patch>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationInsert">
		<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="ApparelMakeableBase"]/Apparel_Parka</xpath>
			<recipeMaker>
				<recipeUsers>
					<li>CraftingSpot</li>
				</recipeUsers>
			</recipeMaker>
	</Operation>

</Patch>

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 21, 2022

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I am a huge fan of children. One of my biggest issues in a colony is finding folk who are just good at hauling and cleaning, because people I capture tend to be good at many things and injured. Children are fantastic at both.

I absolutely believe in abolishing child labor laws on the Rimworld. I sent those kids out into the cocoa fields like a brutal Nestle overseer. I love it. I see why they use child labor now.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I am a huge fan of children.

I absolutely believe in abolishing child labor laws

This expansion is going to be great for awful quotes.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah I just figured that out from looking at Apparel_Headgear, thanks

I kept looking for an explicit name for "Make_Parka" or something and it just ... isn't exposed, but I see

e: I'm pretty sure this is almost it but I'm not referring to the Parka def correctly :confused:

code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Patch>
	<Operation Class="PatchOperationInsert">
	<xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName = "Apparel_Parka"]/recipeMaker/displayPriority</xpath>
		<value>
			<recipeUsers>
				<li>CraftingSpot</li>
			</recipeUsers>
		</value>
	</Operation>
</Patch>
That should work for adding parkas to crafting spots. Since the recipeMaker already exists for the display priority in parkas you just need to target an insert operation.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Omnicarus posted:

That should work for adding parkas to crafting spots. Since the recipeMaker already exists for the display priority in parkas you just need to target an insert operation.

This worked perfectly, thanks, this loving thing with parkas has bugged me for YEARS

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

So this is super counter-intuitive, but it seems like if you want to start with any of the non-baseline races you need to copy and modify the Sanguophage start scenario, it doesn't look like there's any other way to do this right now:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Flesh Forge posted:

So this is super counter-intuitive, but it seems like if you want to start with any of the non-baseline races you need to copy and modify the Sanguophage start scenario, it doesn't look like there's any other way to do this right now:

On the deployment screen you can literally pick what race you want each pawn to be and reroll them within that. Or make your own new ones.

Also just randomly rerolling pawns will get you pawns of any race unless you force it.