Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

OMG it gets worse

Feel like I can name a few offensive linemen who subscribe to this philosophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Fighting off a cat because he associates all squeeze pouches with squeezy cat treats. I just wanna eat my squeezy baby food fruit in peace, he doesn't even like bananas.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

Getting custom suits is such a hassle but drat does it make one look good. I had 2 custom tailored-suits made: once in early 2000's for my cousin's wedding in San Francisco, the other in 2015 when I had 3 weddings to attend. Since I'm a goon I went to a local tailor with this website and said "make me a John Wick suit." They did and as dorky as a reasoning… it looks loving good on me.

I can buy pants off the rack no issue but I can never buy shirts and jackets. I got a thick neck and thick chest and it's either pick a jacket that makes me look like I'm borrowing dad's blazer and I'm 6 across the mid section or stretches at the chest. Means anytime I buy a suit it needs tailoring.

Then I did the dumb thing and decided to gain muscle and both my custom made jackets don't fit anymore.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It’s Friday, it’s 70-something outside, I’ve got the windows open and a record spinning, and no plans or obligations this weekend for the first time in several months. Feels good man

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Samadhi posted:

Was it WORX dude

No, it was an overnight operator I've never seen before. WORX dude is my neighbor in the other half of my weird long cube against the wall, and exhales like he's lifting weights every time he moves in any way.

The context of him saying WORX most recently was pointing out that another WRX appeared in the parking lot when the new engineer started this week. I feel like I need to warn the new guy what my neighbor means if he asks "is your WORX a 5 speed?"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/fuckedupfoods/status/1583560055441346560?s=46&t=A4SJy-VD2I5_dArnifypmQ

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Does anyone else hate with their soul having to wait to get a hair cut on the busiest day of the week because it's the only time you can?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
My hair cut place does online check in and they text you 15 minutes before they will probably get to you so I usually eat lunch if it's busy so no?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

My hair cut place does online check in and they text you 15 minutes before they will probably get to you so I usually eat lunch if it's busy so no?

None of the local ones do that here. I'm stuck in the past waiting on an uncomfy seat phoneposting.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah it sucks.

One of the many reasons that a 4-day work week owns: you can do errand stuff when it’s not as busy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I-26 blows so goddamn hard.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I can show up to the two nice vietnamese ladies at 4pm any day of the week and I won't have more than a 15m wait, but I always call first and they always say 4pm is fine. Cuts Plus is in a strip mall with a Staples and like 10 vacant storefronts and it has exactly two employees even though there's at least 16 haircut stations.

A men's haircut there is $16 and I always tip at least $10. Been going there since 2010. "Cut it quite short" I says, and she does. I ask about her sons, they're both out of college now, one has a lady friend but they're not married yet. Her husband used to work as a contractor with tech companies, doing <something> that has never been quite clear. Also not clear what he does now. He is also vietnamese but he lived in germany for years and that's where they met, or something. The best vietnamese food is in the San Jose area, according to her, the local restaurants are not up to snuff. She asks about my family and remembers that my mom has parkinsons. She laughs a lot. She has never nicked my ear with the trimmer.

IMO get yourself a hair stylist like that and be loyal forever.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 21, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We have a girl who comes to our office and gives haircuts to a few of us (obviously all guys, the wife of my partner is stunned we can have our haircut in under 15 minutes a pop and only goes to her salon)

Hair cutter and her sister do it throughout downtown west palm and they’re doing well enough that she drives a c63 amg and has a sick condo on the water at 28 so, power to her

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Or get so good at using guards that you don't trust anyone to cut your hair but you.

just don't tell anyone, they give you weird looks.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I too cut my own hair.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like supporting this barber shop. One of my friends from high school works there and we always catch up and talk about cars and horror movies and poo poo were into, I guess the waits a small gripe in the big scheme.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

General Dog posted:

I too cut my own hair.

I'm a lifer. I haven't lost any so I'm not just buzzing it but I've been cutting it since 1998 based entirely on being poor and thinking barbers were so consistently terrible that in my arrogance I thought I'll just do it myself.

There were some learning curves I'm not gonna lie but now it's always perfect and free.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I started cutting my own in high school because keeping a half guard fade looking sharp gets pricey if you need it done every 5 days, and I resumed doing it again during the pandemic.

As long as you have two mirrors, a minor amount of ambidexterity and straight hair like I do, showing off your auto-tonsorial skills is actually both good and cool. Top tip: Brush the clippers downward instead of upward when you're blending in the the final steps.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I can’t use a mirror to save my life. I have done simple buzzes with one size before though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I actually go sideways starting at 8 guard on the crown and decreasing down to 2 at the bottom. The key is to go the whole way down with each guard. no lines. Scissors for the top/front.

And yeah it helps to be ambidextrous, used to reversing angles when looking through the mirror and being anal retentive as gently caress.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

I can show up to the two nice vietnamese ladies at 4pm any day of the week

TFF Chat 2022: I can show up to the two nice vietnamese ladies at 4pm any day of the week

sorry, I couldn't help but think of Robert Kraft

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I think I've finally accepted there is no longer any way I can make my hair look good, so I just try to get it cut short every 8-10 weeks and manage it from there.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm trying to find a new barber after moving too far away to keep going to my old one of a few years. Not a fan!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The after-wedding reception is indoors and I'm the only one wearing a mask. :gonk:

My anxiety is so high I'm outside posting on a dumb comedy sports subforum.

At least they have an open bar. Ice-free Malibu & Coke's to the rescue!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Manoueverable posted:

I think I've finally accepted there is no longer any way I can make my hair look good, so I just try to get it cut short every 8-10 weeks and manage it from there.

Yep, same. I'm slowly balding from the front back and at some point it's just all going to get cut off.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My hair is still incredible.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The after-wedding reception is indoors and I'm the only one wearing a mask. :gonk:

I had my first rum and Coke at a wedding. I think I was six.

My parents realized the mistake quickly and exchanged it for a regular Coke.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If I keep my hair neatly trimmed I can get a nice Reed Richards-look now that I got grey hair coming in.

The only downside is my ego isn't as big and my superpowers doesn't allow me to stretch various body parts.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FizFashizzle posted:

It does, but I think I hate I-85 more

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Have you not had the bivalent booster yet

T-Square
May 14, 2009

First night in Maine on vacation is great so far. We got through O’Hare in no time flat with no issues, got our rental in no time flat with no issues, rolled into town and checked in and walked down the block to a brew pub and distillery on the lake with a cozy patio complete with a fire for some delicious beer and cocktails and mussels and poutine for a late lunch. Came back, chilled in the jacuzzi, did some business, and then both konked out for a long nap.

Now we’re gonna go to a classic French restaurant for an expensive dinner and more drinks. The seafood onslaught will begin tomorrow with lunch at the Clam Shack and a local cuisine tour in Old Port.

:feelsgood:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

T-Square posted:

First night in Maine on vacation is great so far. We got through O’Hare in no time flat with no issues, got our rental in no time flat with no issues, rolled into town and checked in and walked down the block to a brew pub and distillery on the lake with a cozy patio complete with a fire for some delicious beer and cocktails and mussels and poutine for a late lunch. Came back, chilled in the jacuzzi, did some business, and then both konked out for a long nap.

Now we’re gonna go to a classic French restaurant for an expensive dinner and more drinks. The seafood onslaught will begin tomorrow with lunch at the Clam Shack and a local cuisine tour in Old Port.

What was the brewpub?

Every so often I think about going somewhere other than VT for vacation. Maine is right north of us but we've only been twice. Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park were both really nice when we went there on our 1st honeymoon years back.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Same. Blessed.

I schedule my cut every 3 weeks with my lady. Any longer and I can't take it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

kiimo posted:

Have you not had the bivalent booster yet

I did and I still got COVID-19. I'm likely paranoid but my brief stint with it was not fun.

T-Square posted:

Being here in Boston made me realize how much I miss New England. I need to visit Maine again, including heading to Aroostook County.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

One of the weddings we went to last month was indoors and we just rolled the dice. At this point it’s all about risk mitigation and I figure we’re taking so many other precautions that it’s worth it to celebrate with people you care about. The calculus on that changes if it sounds like someone actively has it at the table beside you or if you don’t like the couple.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

FizFashizzle posted:

I somehow dodged the early bald spot that my dad and my mom’s dad both had.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I felt so much better after I finally got a hair cut last month after going about 3 years between them. Partially because I wanted to grow it out after a short cut but then 2020 happened and I didn't want to risk going to the salon since my only hair cutting experience was routinely cuttiny my bangs off as 6-7 year old. One of the upsides to being a lady/presenting as a lady though is that I could just keep my hair up when most of the time without too much comment.

Also it's finally raining and my headache has gone away.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

We probably passed each other today, like ships in the night.

driving up to Charlotte for a paramedic competition

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

We probably passed each other today, like ships in the night.

driving up to Charlotte for a paramedic competition

Good luck intubating.

https://twitter.com/anniierau/status/1583256862769958912?s=46&t=3kX2YtxFAJuVYinw2lnsbg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Good luck intubating.

BLS saves lives/scores points.