Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I see a guy doing a jaunty lil walk

Keep on Truckin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
i don't know how i feel about this format
https://twitter.com/VictimOfMaths/status/1582660632482308096

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/TheCaptain_Nemo/status/1582789925811822592

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

#SigmaMaleGrindset

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

drug poisoning is overdose correct?

it feels weird at first glance, but it does do a good job of highlighting both the increase and the age groups with the increases

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dude's too busy lifting to gently caress. Respect.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Any sexual partners are catapulted away at speed before they can even get within fornication range

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Brawnfire posted:

Any sexual partners are catapulted away at speed before they can even get within fornication range

Let's hope it's this and not a Lenny situation.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh God, I hope not. George is never gonna let him tend the rabbits, if so.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Latest from the UK:

smellmycheese posted:

Diagram for American goons crowding this thread demanding answers.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I see a guy doing a jaunty lil walk

Loss of approval dot jpeg

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Angepain posted:

Latest from the UK:
different version, same idea:

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

what is the point of this chart? how is it supposed to be better than putting time along the X-axis and plotting both variables on the Y?

is it just not wanting to have two different scales on the Y axis?

I bet using time on the x axis yields a chart with two lines that don't appear very correlated.

Pasco
Oct 2, 2010

Count Roland posted:

I bet using time on the x axis yields a chart with two lines that don't appear very correlated.

A safe bet:

https://twitter.com/TammogMelkhat/status/1582835120264081409
https://twitter.com/CuddlePotato/status/1582844369945513985

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I really wonder how someone goes about making something so bad.

Are you starting off with a stupid assumption, then purposefully finding an abstruse way to "prove" it?

Or do you find yourself loving around with data sets and graphs, notice a correlation, then make no attempt whatsoever to confirm it?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

that is graphic violence

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

I can't tell how much of this is wilful ignorance of the lack of the period meaning that the post is a joke.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Count Roland posted:

I really wonder how someone goes about making something so bad.

Are you starting off with a stupid assumption, then purposefully finding an abstruse way to "prove" it?

Or do you find yourself loving around with data sets and graphs, notice a correlation, then make no attempt whatsoever to confirm it?

yes

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
The graph (either version) sort of loosely supports the idea that gas prices affect presidential approval with a lag of about a month or something. Still just a correlation obviously but you can see this lag effect manifest on the dumb chart as its tendency to turn counter-clockwise more than clockwise. I think it would be interesting to see a plot of presidential approval vs "average gas price over the previous 3 months" or something like that. And also to see more data than just Biden's. Obviously presidential approval is more complicated than just gas prices but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a grain of truth in there.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

OwlFancier posted:

that is graphic violence

:golfclap:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Wow change in approval affect the cost of gas

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Quick, everyone disapprove of the President!

(Gas price goes up, less people driving, less global warming)

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

BonHair posted:

Actually, unless I’m reading these charts wrong, the implication is high gas prices = high approval somehow. Which is even funnier.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Also obligatory cartoon:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Zamujasa posted:

different version, same idea:

She replaced a Johnson, but wasn't able to outlast a Bonar

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

They call me the Earl of Bute

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!
Don't break the Bonar Law.
It's a felony.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

White Rock posted:

Don't break the Bonar Law.
It's a felony.

It’s true, you might end up doing hard time for that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BonHair posted:

Also obligatory cartoon:

It has been updated.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Whooping Crabs posted:

She replaced a Johnson, but wasn't able to outlast a Bonar

I take a bit of issue with the use of the word "elected" there.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OwlFancier posted:

I take a bit of issue with the use of the word "elected" there.

Having a flashback to the time I pointed this was A Thing that could happen, and some smarmy Brit bloviated at me about how no PM is "unelected" because in the Westminster system you vote the party and not the individual and blah blah blah blah

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I thought the joke was that it sounds like "erected".

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

She was elected by the Tory party though, which is a kind of election. In the same way that Xi was elected by the CCP, but elected is elected (until ejected)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean yes but that is not the same way that some of the others were elected. And I fear that if I were to seize power in a coup I could argue that I had also been elected via the one man one vote system.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

BonHair posted:

She was elected by the Tory party though, which is a kind of election. In the same way that Xi was elected by the CCP, but elected is elected (until ejected)

To be fair, with the level of voting rights in the 1700s in the UK, she may have been 'elected' by a larger proportion of the population than some of the older guys.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

steinrokkan posted:

It'd take some loving about with variables but I'm sure there is a kernel of truth in there. But more likely decreasing approval is correlated with economic drivers which blah blah blah gas prices blah blah blah global politics. It's all smoke and mirrors and burn everything to the ground and retreat to the trees my simian friends.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BonHair posted:

Well, clearly it's the other way around - approval goes up, then with a lag gas prices also go up. It's true, jack!

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Causality is a myth. The ball did not drop because I let it go. I let it go because it would drop. Namaste.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Having a flashback to the time I pointed this was A Thing that could happen, and some smarmy Brit bloviated at me about how no PM is "unelected" because in the Westminster system you vote the party and not the individual and blah blah blah blah

Prime Ministers who come to power midway through a term are only “unelected” if they’re Labour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

piL posted:

Causality is a myth. The ball did not drop because I let it go. I let it go because it would drop. Namaste.

That's still causality. Now if the ball dropped and you moved your hand but both were fully independent events unrelated to each other, that's non-causal.