Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
i guess I'm too conditioned by ryanair cos thats a pretty big economy seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

have they photoshopped his mouth into a black void because his teeth are extremely disgusting or something?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Tsaedje posted:

have they photoshopped his mouth into a black void because his teeth are extremely disgusting or something?

He doesn't have billions to spend on dental care like Rishi does

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Again: CLOWN SHOES and that's just the Heil

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tsaedje posted:

it symbolizes the Tories

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Jaxyon posted:

"I'm going to do it, Dudders!"

how the gently caress did you people take over half the world

All the competant ones left for opportunities in the colonies.

The UK is populated by all those who stayed behind because they were worried they wouldn't serve chips over there.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/joncraig/status/1583574084629458944?s=46&t=l_4k1dZt58EHeB6e7LlDLQ

:sickos:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Boris is a real cult it seems.

And my spelling is terrible

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

i love democracy, i love the republic

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

NZAmoeba posted:

All the competant ones left for opportunities in the colonies.
Turns out, the real sotadic zone was inside you all along!

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Maybe the real Conservative Party was all the allies we paid for along the way

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

biglads posted:

Boris is a real cult it seems.

And my spelling is terrible

if only there were a song

oh wait

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKOo8rd6T7s

play it from the rooftops

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Because people without an email address almost certainly don't have internet so getting internet & email set up by someone who doesn't already have it in time to vote next week. Such shame :allears:

quote:

20,000 face exclusion from Tory leadership vote
Members without email will miss out on choosing the next prime minister

Thousands of elderly Conservative Party members could be excluded from voting in the leadership contest because the party does not have an email address for them.
Officials will phone those members without an email over the weekend to urge them to add an email address to enable them to vote in the contest, party sources told The Times.
There are also fears that even those with an email address could be disenfranchised after it emerged that some members have not received an “entitled to vote” message. Most members received confirmation of their right to a vote on Thursday evening, hours after Liz Truss resigned as prime minister.
For the first time in the party’s history, members will choose the next prime minister exclusively in an online ballot, as long as more than one candidate is put forward by MPs on Monday.

Archived version of Times article:

https://archive.ph/ktRuX#selection-903.0-925.83

Looks like the next leader of the tory party will be elected by a tortoise & Maggie Thatcher.

quote:

Concerns that some will not be able to cast their vote comes after it emerged that a pet tortoise and Margaret Thatcher were registered as party members.

Conservative bosses have insisted the web ballot will be “secure” even though it had to be ditched for the last contest because of fears the system was open to hacking.

It comes amid warnings from experts that hostile states like Russia could attempt to hijack the poll and influence who becomes the next Prime Minister.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/10/21/concerns-online-votes-tory-leader-margaret-thatcher-registers/

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Boris should come back for entertainment value

also some of the other guys look a bit competent and that's scary when they're also poor-murdering racists

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

thatcher communing via the daily express diana psychic might make a better pm tbf

call it wfh (work from hell)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thank god Boris and Rishi are here to save us from *checks notes* Boris and Rishi

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gently caress's sake. How to undermine the entire article:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1583470498075533314?t=xKEa8s6mOLaj6-xrzu6QfQ&s=19

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Did he accidentally write the wrong title or did an editor do that without his knowledge?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He has consistently objected to it being called that so I would be very surprised if he would have suggested it.

The article he wrote is this one: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/oct/17/truss-hunt-activists-unions-tory-austerity

The guardian thing in the tweet is apparently just what they have called the page regarding their letters they have recieved about it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Nilbop posted:

Did he accidentally write the wrong title or did an editor do that without his knowledge?

Editors generally write the title; nowadays there's often some A/B testing and alternate forms involved too.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It's the Graun who readily plaster Jessflaps on everything and have Polly Toynbee as a political commentator, you do the math.

it's the editors op

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

imagine boris johnson becoming prime minister, ha ha

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Rustybear posted:

If you assume boris gets about a third of mps (ie ~100) then the remaining 200-250 could be lent out from rishi to a second candidate to push him into third and eliminated before the member vote.

Dangerous game though because whoever gets lent the votes will probably win with the members who vote anyone but rishi
I am not sure how dangerous a game it is, when the alternative is losing to Boris 100%.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I don't understand what they're trying to achieve with Boris. He's going to tank them even further

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Man covid isn't just a flu (duh), this thing really laid me out, running fever every day since tuesday, today I feel a little better. It also wiped out my sense of smell and screwed up my sense of taste.

I started doing more desperate stuff like firing up the sauna and sitting there while throwing water on the rocks to really steam my hams. It's not recommended to go to the sauna if you're sick but I did it anyway, it cleared my head for a while. Found my SOs neti pot this morning and tried that and it was surprisingly effective, now I can detect faint smells from stuff like coffee and such.

The only good thing about this is I can't smell my own farts.

As for glasses chat a few pages back, I believe I got varifocals in 2020 and I really like them. They cost me a shiiit ton from the optician though, got astigmatism on top of everything. I would like to get a cheaper pair to use in the shop and such, but I probably need to update my prescription. But the second I put them on it felt natural to me, never had a single issue with nausea or anything.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

His Divine Shadow posted:

Man covid isn't just a flu (duh), this thing really laid me out, running fever every day since tuesday, today I feel a little better. It also wiped out my sense of smell and screwed up my sense of taste.

I started doing more desperate stuff like firing up the sauna and sitting there while throwing water on the rocks to really steam my hams. It's not recommended to go to the sauna if you're sick but I did it anyway, it cleared my head for a while. Found my SOs neti pot this morning and tried that and it was surprisingly effective, now I can detect faint smells from stuff like coffee and such.

The only good thing about this is I can't smell my own farts.

As for glasses chat a few pages back, I believe I got varifocals in 2020 and I really like them. They cost me a shiiit ton from the optician though, got astigmatism on top of everything. I would like to get a cheaper pair to use in the shop and such, but I probably need to update my prescription. But the second I put them on it felt natural to me, never had a single issue with nausea or anything.

For what it's worth I just got over that a week or so ago. Felt like a regular flu with bad elements (big headaches, fever, constant exhaustion if I exerted myself to the point of having to sleep for hours in the middle of the day). Losing the sense of smell was weird - I was just doing laundry one day and then realized I couldn't smell anything. I'm a base rear end bitch so I thought eh, no biggie, now. It came back after a week or so. Just rest and stay hydrated for days, blow your sick leave on this, it'll be worth it. You'll beat it.

And don't go to the sauna you loving psycho.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

I don't understand what they're trying to achieve with Boris. He's going to tank them even further

I think honestly a lot of them are trying to avoid him, but the membership (and a large portion of the public) are loving stupid, and there's probably a not insignificant number of MPs who think they probably have a better chance personally sucking up to a johnson government.

Nilbop posted:

And don't go to the sauna you loving psycho.

I assume sauna is the finnish solution to all problems, and that he also has his own sauna.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Yeah my sauna is next to my bathroom. I don't have to go anywhere.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm trying to decide if that is the ideal solution to having the fever shakes, or whether you would just boil your brain out of your ears.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I went when I didn't have a fever so I wouldn't unduly raise my body temp (it tends go up and down), I also poured cool water over myself regularly, while sitting in the steam. It's very pleasant combo. I mostly wanted to fight my congestion.

edit, things feel so bleak without smell by the way, even the sauna experience is lessened without it. I can't smell the steam with that distinctive smell it has from the rocks, can't smell the birch firewood as I loaded the stove.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 22, 2022

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Protip of living through 43C summers:

Soak a light sheet/topsheet - drape sheet over - blow fan over sheet - profit

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

GreyjoyBastard posted:

imagine boris johnson becoming prime minister, ha ha

He deserves another chance. And so does Truss in case Bojo resigns in four weeks.

They should also invite Cameron and May for a second try.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

When will Corbyn get a 2nd chance?

He said knowing the answer.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Are those little prefab shed unit saunas any good? They seem to be the only ones that aren't stupid priced here.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i guess I'm too conditioned by ryanair cos thats a pretty big economy seat

It's only called an economy seat because the British economy will be footing the bill.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Guavanaut posted:

Are those little prefab shed unit saunas any good? They seem to be the only ones that aren't stupid priced here.

I'd think so, a sauna doesn't need complex construction or any insulation. At my work we make barrel saunas amongst other things, got one low-profile model that stands up, takes very little room in a garden. But not cheap...

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

poo poo must be serious if there isn't a royal on the Heil front page.

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

serious gaylord posted:

Honest question: do you think if it's Johnson, and there's a snap general election before the end of the year, Starmer will win? Will people who voted for Johnson actually vote Labour?

Same question about Sunak or Mordaunt?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Genuinely IMO I think it's hard to tell, the polls are almost certainly not correct just because they are basically only workable for "normal" levels of change, they can't accurately model massive swings and the per-seat maths that give you the tories being in fourth place behind the lib dems, also don't really handle those sorts of swings.

But they are historically unpopular, it is possible starmer could win by default even if the tories pull their finger out and he fucks it up. It's not likely to get any better between now and xmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Pretty sure that the Tories could still scrape up a majority if push came to shove. Especially if the legend was back in charge and doing some populist poo poo like not crippling everyone with gas bills, and stopping mortgages from spiralling.