Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Shima Honnou posted:

the state will never provide anything free. not even the bullets they shoot, i expect victims families to receive a bill.

don't be ridiculous, the us would never bill a family for something like a bullet

they'll asset forfeiture everything the dead guy owned because only criminals get shot by the state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Complications posted:

don't be ridiculous, the us would never bill a family for something like a bullet

they'll asset forfeiture everything the dead guy owned because only criminals get shot by the state

people who get beat up by cops get a bill for getting their blood on cop uniforms

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

skaboomizzy posted:

people who get beat up by cops get a bill for getting their blood on cop uniforms

https://twitter.com/repjohnlewis/status/751432205826715648?lang=en

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

no thank you for your service

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

just received 2 weather warning texts from the state government. potential of 100-400mm rain overnight, with flood warnings and other assorted things. Australia continues to bogart the rain :clint:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

toggle posted:

just received 2 weather warning texts from the state government. potential of 100-400mm rain overnight, with flood warnings and other assorted things. Australia continues to bogart the rain :clint:

Tell the Americans to come get the water they misplaced.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

anon lurker 5934 posted:

State provided euthanasia isn't suicide! :science:

This used to be true but they're letting depressed people sign up for the offing so it's just State-assisted suicide.

Kavorkian, fwiw, was very strict with respect to depressed persons and wouldn't ever euthanize any depressed person. Which is smart, normal, and good. Governments are beginning to just let any old person kill themselves because they'd rather that than provide them adequate housing, money, medicine, or food.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

goated with the jugs

whoops wrong thread

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

the Leatherman Squirt PS4 keychain multitool has been very useful and handy to have in my experience

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Perry Mason Jar posted:

This used to be true but they're letting depressed people sign up for the offing so it's just State-assisted suicide.

Kavorkian, fwiw, was very strict with respect to depressed persons and wouldn't ever euthanize any depressed person. Which is smart, normal, and good. Governments are beginning to just let any old person kill themselves because they'd rather that than provide them adequate housing, money, medicine, or food.

means testing is bad imo

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Shifty Nipples posted:

the Leatherman Squirt PS4 keychain multitool has been very useful and handy to have in my experience

What for like assisted suicides?

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Conspiratiorist posted:

means testing is bad imo

lol

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Perry Mason Jar posted:

depends where you are. in canada they're actively trying to convince anyone disabled to die a state death because it'll save them money

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Conspiratiorist posted:

means testing is bad imo

they should invent nices testing imo

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shima Honnou posted:

depends where you are. in canada they're actively trying to convince anyone disabled to die a state death because it'll save them money

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Dog Case posted:

What for like assisted suicides?

no

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

mark immune posted:

they should invent nices testing imo

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Shima Honnou posted:

Yeah I was obliquely referring to Canada who is letting depressed persons kill themselves.

Depression is comorbid for most of those murders so Kavorkian would've ruled them out as candidates for the comorbidity also

schmug
May 20, 2007

bedpan posted:

I hope someone finds my skull and turns it into a bad rear end goblet.

got you, fam

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i got junkmail today printed on virgin plastic card instead of paper.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Egg Moron posted:

Same

Curve breaking basic bitch blood type and proud of it

All you other fuckers with your alt goth blood types are not invited to the party.

i will continue to accept the tribute of all yalls blood (if i need it)

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

taking applications for the epitaph on humanity's tombstone. Personal preference is

"At least we had Funko Pops"

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

taking applications for the epitaph on humanity's tombstone. Personal preference is

"here lies humandy: peperony and chease"

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Hubbert posted:

"here lies humandy: peperony and chease"

"here lies humans: there was a god after all"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

"The pillar of salt was overdue"

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

HiroProtagonist posted:

i will continue to accept the tribute of all yalls blood (if i need it)

imagine how upset a billionaire who is type o- will be

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

"no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here"

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

biosphincter prolapse

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

"Shat Where Ate"

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth

Crazypoops posted:

biosphincter prolapse

lol

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/hankgreen/status/1584039847454724098?s=61&t=6UXxoerUwaFOvbfa4hZDAw
if you think about how people are really just masses of protons that are billions of years old, the fact that we'll all die this decade doesn't seem so bad!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

emgeejay posted:

https://twitter.com/hankgreen/status/1584039847454724098?s=61&t=6UXxoerUwaFOvbfa4hZDAw
if you think about how people are really just masses of protons that are billions of years old, the fact that we'll all die this decade doesn't seem so bad!

The universe is really old but compared to when it'll be older it's actually really young. Absolutely WILD.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD4izuDMUQA

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I loving love Science

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i think about this video sometimes and it always makes me space out

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Rodney The Yam II posted:

It's always the crotch. The crotch is always where the holes are.

We can put a man on the moon but can't construct a pair of jeans that don't get crotch blow outs. What a time to be alive

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

God Hole posted:

I love loving Science

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Just a Moron posted:

We can put a man on the moon but can't construct a pair of jeans that don't get crotch blow outs. What a time to be alive

no no, we can construct a pair of jeans like so. but where's the corporate profit in selling forever use jeans? please think of the corporations and the good we do for the world.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

emgeejay posted:

this guy is so annoying. also “science communicator” is a really fancy way to say “science-focused content creator”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

blue squares posted:

this guy is so annoying. also “science communicator” is a really fancy way to say “science-focused content creator”

It's all but guaranteed that anyone who makes a "we [x]" statement on Twittter is about to say something stupid or at least annoying