Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
B12 might be my favorite fictional boy band. Hell, it might be my favorite period

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

B12 might be my favorite fictional boy band. Hell, it might be my favorite period

Its funny cause I can sing the B12 roll call part from memory, its soo catchy. I m B11 I m in love with B7.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You're gonna feel a little prick

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My grandmother told me about going to a doctor's appointment because she needed a vitamin B12 shot, and I almost laughed right in her face. :v:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

My sister died.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I ve got the penis of a man!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

My grandmother told me about going to a doctor's appointment because she needed a vitamin B12 shot, and I almost laughed right in her face. :v:

But she was O

VER

DUE

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Milo and POTUS posted:

And they show up EVERY MONTH?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Their reaction to Hayley sitting on the white couch was hilarious.

One thing I wondered though -- how did Hayley not already know about periods? I mean, Francine is young enough to have had a pregnancy scare in the present day, so she would still have her period, right? It's not like she'd have been able to hide it throughout Hayley's entire childhood & preadolescence. Maybe I'm overthinking things.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

And they show up EVERY MONTH?

SHOOT HER! SHOOT HER IN THE FACE!!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

YeahTubaMike posted:

One thing I wondered though -- how did Hayley not already know about periods? I mean, Francine is young enough to have had a pregnancy scare in the present day, so she would still have her period, right? It's not like she'd have been able to hide it throughout Hayley's entire childhood & preadolescence. Maybe I'm overthinking things.

If American sex ed is anything to go by then Haley knowing nothing about periods is pretty spot on.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

YeahTubaMike posted:

Stan is super uncomfortable talking about sex stuff with his kids (it's the plot of multiple episodes) and Francine is a loving but lazy mother and probably just never bothered explaining menstruation to Hayley until it was absolutely necessary. So, yeah, based on their track record as parents I find it extremely believable that Hayley was unaware of the existence of periods (and possibly puberty in general) until she had one herself.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Francine explicitly made sure not to parent Haley all that much out of fear of screwing it up or being like her own mother, whereas Steve's relationship with her is far more dependent.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh Yeah, I forgot about her whole "benevolent neglect" approach to parenting Hayley.

Basically she under parents Hayley and over parents Steve, at least she does in her more lucid moments when she's not drunk and/or high and hallucinating Steve Buscemi or one of her imaginary friends.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

yeah, francine is great

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Some coked up airhead

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh Yeah, I forgot about her whole "benevolent neglect" approach to parenting Hayley.

Same, and I think I take my mom's candor for granted, lol.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
"Does this look right to you?" :ohdear:

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
who fired the gardener

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
"I thought I was your best friend."
"Really?"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

limp_cheese posted:

Best part of that episode is when Roger skins Jeff and then wears his skin.

Good news Jeff! You're getting your skin back!

*Bloody and shaky hand gives a thumbs up*

Gross.

Normally stuff like this doesn't bother me, but that scene is almost impossible to rewatch. It's so loving gross.

But it's also just all the more impressive that the show can successfully deliver moments of pure horror in the midst of being funny.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ups_rail posted:

who fired the gardener

Speaking of which, I appreciate the fact that Hayley says "topliary" every time she says "topiary"

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Nichael posted:

Normally stuff like this doesn't bother me, but that scene is almost impossible to rewatch. It's so loving gross.

But it's also just all the more impressive that the show can successfully deliver moments of pure horror in the midst of being funny.

That scene doesn't bug me so much, but the one where Stan gives Haley "plastic surgery" is almost impossible for me to watch.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That scene doesn't bug me so much, but the one where Stan gives Haley "plastic surgery" is almost impossible for me to watch.

I forgot this, god drat. It's an incredibly re-watchable show, but then you get to bits like that. Of course, I would never want it any other way though.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The one where Stan gives Haley "plastic surgery" is almost impossible for me to watch.

Agreed. This and the girder through Steve's head are the two things I find really hard to watch

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

limp_cheese posted:

Best part of that episode is when Roger skins Jeff and then wears his skin.

Good news Jeff! You're getting your skin back!

*Bloody and shaky hand gives a thumbs up*

Gross.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Mx. posted:

yeah, francine is great

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I think the biggest gross out scene for me is the man eating oysters out of a garbage bag on the toilet at the end of Hot Scoomp. Why was he spitting loogies into the same bag he was eating from?! That's nasty, that guy was NASTY!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I think the biggest gross out scene for me is the man eating oysters out of a garbage bag on the toilet at the end of Hot Scoomp. Why was he spitting loogies into the same bag he was eating from?! That's nasty, that guy was NASTY!

i'd forgotten about that, thanks :barf:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the ending of Hot Scoomp brought it from a good, but kind of average, episode to a great one

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

They did such a good job of making a gross, dirty man singularity.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ohhh, the Devil's gonna poke you in your giant rear end and your daughter's gonna cheer him on

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Well, delicately kiss my pomegranates. :smith:

Variety posted:

Leslie Jordan, an actor, writer and singer best known for his roles in “Will & Grace,” “American Horror Story” and “Hearts Afire,” has died. He was 67.

Jordan was driving in Hollywood Monday morning and crashed into the side of a building at Cahuenga Blvd. and Romaine St. It was suspected he suffered some sort of medical emergency.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm betting heart attack or stroke. If they do an autopsy we'll know for sure but they might not want to do that.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

No new episode tonight, but we're getting one on October 31st:

"You Are Here"
Roger and Steve try to save a dying mall.

Here's hoping it's a spooky one!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I love dead malls, so that’s my interest piqued.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The_Doctor posted:

I also loved my dead mall, but then they tore it down.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I wonder if NEIDERHOFF *catches a beer thrown at him* will come back from the dead for this episode.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
There you have it. That's our story. Stan's dead. Good night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Me too! It's just a really good aesthetic.