Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the tranche thread has too many posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

ram dass in hell posted:

sure, the bloodthirsty nazi pigs are organizing to murder and purge society of queers, jews, and immigrants et al, but that's why self care is so important. have you tried doing some sun salutations?

Take another Long March back to B&R

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

I'm going aggressive and saying the introduction.

im going super aggressive and saying that he'll provide a pull quote about the book for the back cover

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

his name is going to be in the title

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mark immune posted:

Sybianese Liberation Army

Sahrani Liberation Army

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

ram dass in hell posted:

sure, the bloodthirsty nazi pigs are organizing to murder and purge society of queers, jews, and immigrants et al, but that's why self care is so important. have you tried doing some sun salutations?

lmao

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ram dass in hell posted:

this is true, but try not to rise to the bait. im sorry, im not trying to tone police you. poo poo is hosed. the forecast shows hosed across the board. but you’re a great poster and your posts make me laugh, so if you get banned again, im probably gonna get super pissed, write a very angry manifesto full of actionable threats, and get banned again too.

Futanari Damacy posted:

Take another Long March back to B&R

this seems unnecessarily rude. ram dass in hell is a valued member of the cspam community: their posts make me laugh more often than yours do. please try to remember that your posts can hurt other people, and try to be nicer and more understanding next time.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
Thank you, Fly Molo

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I refuse to understand anything

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Futanari Damacy posted:

okay, that’s fine too. :)

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Futanari Damacy posted:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ram dass in hell posted:

are those the butthole-tanning yoga pose that people were making fun of cults doing?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Real hurthling! posted:

are those the butthole-tanning yoga pose that people were making fun of cults doing?

that's perineum sunning,

sun salutation is just normal white ppl yoga

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I’m much too fat to do yoga without some extremely unflattering noises, so I’ll continue the most toxic form of self care possible: posting through it

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
I know I am two days late...but Liz Truss resigned.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Driftingmouse posted:

I know I am two days late...but Liz Truss resigned.

She sure did. And it looks like the Big Dog is about to Strike Back!

The UK is a tiny piece of concentrated hell

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Fly Molo posted:

this is true, but try not to rise to the bait. im sorry, im not trying to tone police you. poo poo is hosed. the forecast shows hosed across the board. but you’re a great poster and your posts make me laugh, so if you get banned again, im probably gonna get super pissed, write a very angry manifesto full of actionable threats, and get banned again too.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

War and Pieces posted:

that's perineum sunning,

sun salutation is just normal white ppl yoga

yeah perineum sunning moves white people towards a kind of burnt sienna

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
the word tranche is a pysop

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

selec posted:

was thinking today about how there are absolutely a tranche of mental health pros active currently who were either directly mentored by Jolly West or someone he trained. likely hundreds if not thousands who fit that criteria.

Is it possible to do a search like this on linkedIn? I'm not a member so i don't know how it works but can can one limit searches to like "Harvard business school" or w/e?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

fanfic insert posted:

Is it possible to do a search like this on linkedIn? I'm not a member so i don't know how it works but can can one limit searches to like "Harvard business school" or w/e?

you would basically start finding where he taught and who he mentored, it would probably require quite an extensive investigation well beyond some linkedin stuff, especially considering how old we are talking about

and I bet a lot of West stuff has "been lost"

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

TheGoonspiracist posted:

The brain, does exactly this.

It also automatically syncs to its own server, probably in plain text

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBE9TZP26FI

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

fanfic insert posted:

Is there even a complete list of West’s publications? That would be a good place to start and check out all his coauthors.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Trabisnikof posted:

Is there even a complete list of West’s publications? That would be a good place to start and check out all his coauthors.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=jolyon+west&btnG=

has LJ West papers

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
West wrote about Chester Middlebrook Pierce, the President of the American Orthopsychiatric Association. Who is he? Lets see...

Pierce was a Commander in the U.S. Navy and later a senior consultant to multiple different health-related organizations, and part of 22 editorial boards...He was a consultant for the Children's Television Network, the Surgeon General of the U.S. Air Force, the US Arctic Research Commission, the Peace Corps, and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration."

note that Orthopsychiatric refers to children. Chester was a senior consultant for Sesame Street

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sesame Street?

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Fly Molo posted:

Sesame Street?

yes, that one

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grover can’t keep getting away with this
https://twitter.com/paulkleinfancam/status/1301713046902059010?lang=en

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Was Jolly West tasked with reversing an apparent trend of national ambivalence toward American Exceptionalism becoming neurotically self-defeating? Was there a fear that the young American patriot was disappearing? Did his job involve strengthening the weakening character of the American populace after the shameful behavior of American POWs in the Korean war was discovered? To quote West quoting Dr. Mayer: "The behavior of many Americans in Korean prison camps appears to raise serious questions about American character."

PSYCHIATRY, "BRAINWASHING," AND THE AMERICAN CHARACTER
LOUIS JOLYON WEST
https://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/ajp.120.9.842?journalCode=ajp

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

ahhh, a good crack ping

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

jesus christ every one of these papers can inflict massive psychic damage just from their titles

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Sesame Street was part of the wider counter-insurgency program to pacify US urban areas.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

the butthole tanning trend was just to help the NSA record everyone's sphincterprints

Endman
May 18, 2010

just wait until you see what experimental child psychologists were doing with children’s television in Australia

https://i.imgur.com/3CoufbM.gifv

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://twitter.com/emilyakopp/status/1583841734273814529?t=HlrVh3rwvcPZEjRrIQsjqQ&s=19

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fort detrick fort deTRICK FORT DETRICK

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

lol it's happening

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Endman posted:

just wait until you see what experimental child psychologists were doing with children’s television in Australia

https://i.imgur.com/3CoufbM.gifv

Hmm

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Somehow, "The Bandidos" is an extensive organized crime network, behind only Hell's Angels in membership. The name sounds like something a group of kids in the 50s would call themselves.

This is their logo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandidos_MC_criminal_allegations_and_incidents

Ha, idk if they're still active but I always got a chuckle from this gang name: