Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Just got past the hunter exam. It's cool that this setting is like an upbeat cheerful place where casual murder is condoned and encouraged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sub-Actuality posted:

hell yeah. it definitely feels that way

P-Mack posted:

Just got past the hunter exam. It's cool that this setting is like an upbeat cheerful place where casual murder is condoned and encouraged

YFW watching the Yorknew City arc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPFRUGtOd2o

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

P-Mack posted:

a large part of that is being a hunter, one of the perks of the license is the only people you get in trouble for killing are other hunters lol. but also you can give them to 12 year olds. it rules.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

P-Mack posted:

Hisoka is the first time you see real violence when he takes that guy’s arms. However I think it’s when a candidate tries to climb down the tower in stage three and the giant monsters fly in to eat him that you see just how strangely horrifying the manga can be

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I’ve been rereading it since they released the whole catalog on viz and I forgot all the little things like Killua just casually killing two guys on the blimp who mildly annoyed him by bumping into him. Like yeah he’s an assassin but lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the hunter association are all barely restrained psychos, it pwns

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hunter x hunter is this

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah! posted:

the hunter association are all barely restrained psychos, it pwns

copy
Jul 26, 2007

also great villains. uvo ftmfw

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lol they spend half an episode lore dumping what Nen is and then immediately say nah that was bullshit here's the real explanation

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Kuwabara ftmfw

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't click if you haven't finished Goodnight Punpun. Or do jf you're never gonna read it I guess.

https://youtu.be/X6e6F_z17sI

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!

Larry Parrish posted:

Don't click if you haven't finished Goodnight Punpun. Or do jf you're never gonna read it I guess.

https://youtu.be/X6e6F_z17sI

sick

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
my dragonball journey that began with rewatching dragonball at the beginning of august and then continuing onto kai has officially come to an end tonight. had never seen the entire buu arc, which was pretty good, tbh better than cell, lots of fun goofy stuff in it, felt more like a dragonball arc at points. im actually probably going to watch super starting tomorrow so i guess im at the 2/3rds mark rather than the end

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Starting with dragonball rules cause then every time the moon gets blown up it's like well, RIP to boss rabbit I guess.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
its a little weird going from db straight into kai because the pacing stays pretty lazy through the run of the original series and then the first ten episodes of kai are just blisteringly fast before it settles down a little, like we see two big bad guys and the death of four or five good guys in that span of time

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mycophobia posted:

its a little weird going from db straight into kai because the pacing stays pretty lazy through the run of the original series and then the first ten episodes of kai are just blisteringly fast before it settles down a little, like we see two big bad guys and the death of four or five good guys in that span of time

Oh i misread, I thought you meant you started with drogonball and watched all of them up to kai, sorry. Does the moon get blown up in Kai? I haven't watched any of that one.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Oh i misread, I thought you meant you started with drogonball and watched all of them up to kai, sorry. Does the moon get blown up in Kai? I haven't watched any of that one.

I think piccolo does it in one of the really early dbz episodes dunno if kai skips that though.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
yeah kais just z without filler, the episode count is almost halved lol. the only way ill watch z these days. piccolo blows up the moon for the second time after roshi as jackie chun does it the first time at the first tenkaichi budokai

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I think it just stays gone after that

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

RIP boss rabbit. I forgot roshi does it lmao that's hosed up.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

It's awesome cause at neither time do they even really hesitate for a second to explore alternatives

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bought th kraken in a bookstore out here, gonna devour it friday afternoon while i'm in a jet lag coma

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/sigmacatdilemma/status/1582823304830025731?s=46&t=WpJJIz5-kqmcmOEJ7-eg6w

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol ace attorney and mob rule

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Perfect fit

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

hxh just updated. dear god

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

book-shaped package arrives from th heathen british

i realize package is probably punpun

i open the package and see its punpun

its volume 2 of punpun

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I read it online OP but grats unless you haven't read vol 1 yet and have to be teased.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Going to watch Morbius tonight.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I was never drawn to the art style of hunter x hunter and the name sounded dumb, but enough of y'all recommended it and I'm completely sucked in after 3 episodes. ty imps

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Martman posted:

I was never drawn to the art style of hunter x hunter and the name sounded dumb, but enough of y'all recommended it and I'm completely sucked in after 3 episodes. ty imps

Avoided manga for years for the same reason. One of the best things to be wrong about

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

Avoided manga for years for the same reason. One of the best things to be wrong about

I read death note paperbacks when I was like 12 and thought manga was a dogshit format not worth giving the time of day until literally this year lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Morbius was fun-bad. Not actually good at all, but fun to lol at. No plot, absurd dialog, crappy cgi. It got a bad wrap for a reason, but I don't think capeshit enthusiasts realize that's what 99% of all superhero movies are

Like it's not far off from some of the worst DC/MCU movies. In fact I'd prefer it since it's not 4 hours long

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Morbius was fun-bad. Not actually good at all, but fun to lol at. No plot, absurd dialog, crappy cgi. It got a bad wrap for a reason, but I don't think capeshit enthusiasts realize that's what 99% of all superhero movies are

Like it's not far off from some of the worst DC/MCU movies. In fact I'd prefer it since it's not 4 hours long

It's incredible that they somehow keep churning these out.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh also if you pretend Morbius is KingCobraJFS it makes it awesome.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i wonder if black adam fits that bill too lol i've been curious to see it because wb is gambling on it to avoid going bankrupt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

I read death note paperbacks when I was like 12 and thought manga was a dogshit format not worth giving the time of day until literally this year lol.
when i was about nine a friend gave me an issue of shonen jump with the first chapter of fullmetal alchemist and a pre-duel monsters chapter of yugioh in it that probably changed my life