Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
John Company 2e has hit retail, for cheaper than it cost me to pledge and order, which isn't in my hands yet. Always fun when that happens :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Every 5th Cowboy Bebop campaign needs a super depressing ending where everyone is a little worse off than they were at the start.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Remember where I said that I'd not purchase more Kickstarters? Well, after getting the 3rd Canvas I immediately also got the new Spirit Island. NO MORE!

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

The Eyes Have It posted:

John Company 2e has hit retail, for cheaper than it cost me to pledge and order, which isn't in my hands yet. Always fun when that happens :sigh:

Same. A buddy in my small flyover town got his double order and I haven't even seen my one. :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Meanwhile, Mind MGMT is sloooowly arriving into the US.

quote:

Hi Doctor,

It's Jay Cormier from Off the Page Games. MIND MGMT should be on its way very soon to all backers! We're expecting boats to dock within the next 2 weeks and then to the fulfillment centres!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

It appears CMON is having the stretch goals for Death May Die:FotU pull from a wider timeline for it's Stretch Goal investigators. I feel like this is a reference to something, but it's not immediately coming to me.

https://twitter.com/CMONGames/status/1580230614577709058?t=LfZpKUU-uwnra0h_4yApxw&s=19

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why does Best Value The Dude not have a White Russian in his free hand?

It's a very poor sculpt

The Eyes Have It posted:

I've had a few campaigns where they're very up front about the fact that unfortunately they need to launch in certain countries due to publishing contracts, etc.

Every time that's happened though it usually comes with an apology update from the Devs stating they wished it was in backers hands first.

Is the retail copy of John Company 2e the exact same one as what you ordered? IE was there a deluxe version that you paid extra for?

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 20, 2022

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That looks like they made it in Heroforge.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Infinitum posted:

Why does Best Value The Dude not have a White Russian in his free hand?

It's a very poor sculpt

I've had a few campaigns where they're very up front about the fact that unfortunately they need to launch in certain countries due to publishing contracts, etc.

Every time that's happened though it usually comes with an apology update from the Devs stating they wished it was in backers hands first.

Is the retail copy of John Company 2e the exact same one as what you ordered? IE was there a deluxe version that you paid extra for?

I didn't think there were any exclusives or anything for John Company 2e, but it's been a while and I can't really review the backerkit info to refresh my memory (it only shows a confirmation).

Ah well, bummer but it happens.

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

The only 'exclusive' I believe would be the metal coins, if you ordered them. Otherwise everything is the same.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They sell coins on their site for PP2, I assume they'll do the same for Joco.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Man October has been a busy month of shipments for me
- Verdant
- The Gardens + A Walk In The Park
- Mind MGMT

Hamlet looks to ship next week.
Had Flamecraft rock up recently as well.

Let me know if anyone wants pics of any of the above

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Facade Games have announced one of their new book games, Hollywood 1947. It’ll be on Backerkit this time, and launches in about 3 months.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

CMON is having a livestream with Death May Die's designers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWPVD5Ne35E

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009
Wyrmwood done hosed up lol. Launched a high end desk KS where the minimum damage is somewhere around $2250 after shipping for a plain fuckin desk with no accessories. They wanted to avoid the problem they had with their game table KS (priced too low, insane demand, scaling issues) by pricing down demand with a 3k minimum buy in.

They achieved that, I think set a KS record to fastest to a million (maybe same to 2M) but then hit a fuckin brick wall and as of today are in the red, since the cheaper buy in option has led to the obvious result of people dropping the higher upfront commitment lol.

I love their products and find their YouTube entertaining (minus libertarian rants by one of the the crypto-rich founders) but it’s clear they fell on their face with a lack of market research and understanding, and are just ignoring legit questions from backers on the KS. They will have to get creative to pull this off, maybe drop some discounts or increase the value of that steep buy in. I’m fairly surprised with how paralyzed they seem right now but shouldn’t be considering the lack of business and marketing experience that they have in leadership roles there.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Good. Insufferable turds with overpriced junk. For those prices you should have hand made heirloom pieces of much better quality, not the mass produced lovely stuff they do that’s a waste of the exotic woods.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Imagine plopping down 5 grand on a Kickstarter and then not making the product.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Bottom Liner posted:

Good. Insufferable turds with overpriced junk. For those prices you should have hand made heirloom pieces of much better quality, not the mass produced lovely stuff they do that’s a waste of the exotic woods.

Seriously, given their “love” of regulations I’m surprised they haven’t ran afoul of the Lacey Act or CITES or similar trade laws. I hope their shop unionizes some day.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bodanarko posted:

Wyrmwood done hosed up lol. Launched a high end desk KS where the minimum damage is somewhere around $2250 after shipping for a plain fuckin desk with no accessories. They wanted to avoid the problem they had with their game table KS (priced too low, insane demand, scaling issues) by pricing down demand with a 3k minimum buy in.

They hit a million in 4min and then it tapered off dramatically.

They usually update twice a week, and todays update is missing - cause they hosed up.

This video gives a good behind the scenes of the whole launch, and Kickstarter actually sends their Director of Games out to their offices because the Modular Gaming Table broke all kinds of things when they launched. Doug immediately goes "Launch the $500 reservation tier"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKd4HxKInZI

Even as a Wyrmwood fan, they've totally misread the room on this one. They should have launched MGT 2.0 instead of the desk, and the desk should have been a boutique thing launched on their website.

I really like all the stuff I've bought off them, but they are a premium product. If I want an extra set of tiles for my current collection they are $62 aussie goddamn dollars each, and you'd need 7 to fill a rack.
Like yeah I like their poo poo, and their customer service is really good, but their products are once in a blue moon purchases for a lot of people.

They may be finally hitting the wall.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
My knowledge of Wyrmwood is that they let you play with their toys at Gen Con and then you have to buy something or else fight really hard to get away from their table because they will hound the poo poo out of you. It is VERY annoying.

No, hipster flannel salesman who smells like axe body spray, I do not have $95 for a set of dice and a magnetic dice cup thing. Please let me enjoy the rest of this convention.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
It wouldn't surprise me if they manage to squeeze by their goal by the end of the funding period. They've hit a massive slump (with negative growth now), but there's always a spike at the end of a project. However, labeling tier rewards as down-payments, for the rest to be collected in January, really kinda rubs me the wrong way. I guess it's not any different than pledging $1 to join a pledge manager, but the wording makes it feel like it should run afowl of some kind of KS guidelines. Especially since they keep touting the, "Pledging is not a sale" motto.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Funniest thing I've seen from wyrmwood is still their overdesigned d&d 5e wooden player sheets they pitched

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wyrmwood/the-rpg-tracking-system

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 23, 2022

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I used the same paper character sheet for well over a decade and (if I or my parents didn't throw it out 15 years ago, I don't know if it still exists) it would still be fine.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

have wyrmwood delivered all of their previous table kickstarters? were there problems with shipping?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It'll definitely get funded, it's just not the 10 million double up of the MGT slamdunk they might have been hoping for.
The larger funding target ensures the costings for the desks are covered is all, and there is a MUCH smaller pool of people willing to drop $3,000 on a desk they won't get for another loving year.

FirstAidKite posted:

Funniest thing I've seen from wyrmwood is still their overdesigned d&d 5e wooden player sheets they pitched

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wyrmwood/the-rpg-tracking-system

This is them licensing the product for manufacture.

Paladin Woodworking did all the design work, but the dude is effectively an etsy level 1 man band shop and didn't want to really expand his business that way.
I agree it's a dumb loving product though

CODChimera posted:

have wyrmwood delivered all of their previous table kickstarters? were there problems with shipping?

They had a ton of problems ramping production up to scale, but things have been flowing smoothly for the last few months.

They should be finished with all original orders, including international, by Feb-Mar 2023 if I'm reading the backer updates correctly.

I only backed for a $1 to read along, but they've introduced a Fast Pass system once the KS fulfilments have been met and it looks like they're offering pre-covid pricing on them
Cavaet seem to be you had to be an original backer on the KS campaign, so even the $1 pledge gets you access currently.
This is potentially a very very good deal as wood prices have just gone through the loving roof due to the pandemic.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

gschmidl posted:

I used the same paper character sheet for well over a decade and (if I or my parents didn't throw it out 15 years ago, I don't know if it still exists) it would still be fine.

Apropos of very little this reminded me of the time I bought a huge job lot of Vampire Dark Ages books in SA Mart and the corebook had the goon's old character sheets in it. I can't remember whose it was but hey dude, if you sold me those and you want your sheets back, PM me.

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

Infinitum posted:

It'll definitely get funded, it's just not the 10 million double up of the MGT slamdunk they might have been hoping for.
Not sure I see that happening without them making major structural changes to the project. From what I saw, funding peaked at ~2,480,000 two days ago and has not only plateaued, they are now down below 2,420,000.

I don’t get all the hardcore hate for their products some nerds have, the “wah wah overpriced” cries kinda fall flat (until now lol) because overwhelming demand indicates they have been underpricing if anything. Hopefully this doesn’t totally wreck them and they can take the lessons from this to their upcoming artisanal dog bed project (yes I’m serious).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Huh, I finally got some Starfinder minis from the kickstarter. It’s been so long I don’t even remember what level I backed at, but I got a bunch of ones I don’t remember asking for, given iirc I only wanted the iconic envoy mini (which wasn’t in the box). I guess I have some Starfinder minis now?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Yvonmukluk posted:

Huh, I finally got some Starfinder minis from the kickstarter. It’s been so long I don’t even remember what level I backed at, but I got a bunch of ones I don’t remember asking for, given iirc I only wanted the iconic envoy mini (which wasn’t in the box). I guess I have some Starfinder minis now?

Same. I backed at a smaller level but i think they hosed up enough that they just sent everyone the full set since they are all still in sprues.

Still waiting on the dungeon game but lmao that aint gonna happen no matter how many emails they send

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lmao imagine clunking this poo poo onto the table in front of your group they'd never let you live it down

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm sorry in advance I think that's fuckin rad, but not whatever the cost is that they want for it, I didn't actually go to their kickstarter page because I'm not buying a $4000 table, especially not one that won't fit in my studio apartment

Like I'll pay $30 for the collection but they probably want $200 so nah

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm sorry in advance I think that's fuckin rad, but not whatever the cost is that they want for it, I didn't actually go to their kickstarter page

Ignoring shipping & handling, the prices are:

Class Trackers: $17 (the board representing the character sheet itself)
Tracker Keeper: $40 (the storage thing that holds up to 3 of the trackers)
Dice Tray: $35
Dice Jail: $25

Additionally, because each class tracker is only good for keeping track of one specific class or a class modifier, it means dropping $17 for every class you'd ever want to play as. They offer 15 different class ones and an additional 7 modifying boards for use with the classes. Each one will cost you $17.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Ignoring shipping & handling, the prices are:

Class Trackers: $17 (the board representing the character sheet itself)
Tracker Keeper: $40 (the storage thing that holds up to 3 of the trackers)
Dice Tray: $35
Dice Jail: $25

Additionally, because each class tracker is only good for keeping track of one specific class or a class modifier, it means dropping $17 for every class you'd ever want to play as. They offer 15 different class ones and an additional 7 modifying boards for use with the classes. Each one will cost you $17.

Yeah you already lost me.

I like the aesthetic, but it's too rich for me.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bodanarko posted:

I don’t get all the hardcore hate for their products some nerds have, the “wah wah overpriced” cries kinda fall flat (until now lol) because overwhelming demand indicates they have been underpricing if anything. Hopefully this doesn’t totally wreck them and they can take the lessons from this to their upcoming artisanal dog bed project (yes I’m serious).

This sounds like you think marketing and hype equals quality. If you have any experience with quality handmade pieces with exotic woods, good work makes Wyrmwood look like Ikea, except they still charge the handmade prices. Hobby gaming nerds have way too much disposable income so they built a name as the boutique brand and nerds ate it up. Now they’re trying to go from that to an actual furniture company but oops, turns out that’s not a niche hobby market and their inferior product and premium pricing can’t coast by on the slick branding anymore. And the people at the company suck so they deserve the ire and definitely don’t need your defending them

And lol, love to get a bespoke wenge dog bed permanently soaked with piss because it’s not treated or finished properly.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm not gonna lie, idk enough about fancy furniture to be able to point out what makes wyrmwood's product quality worse than any other super expensive fancy furniture. It all just looks the same to me, stuff that is way too expensive and that I can find much cheaper alternatives to that I'll be happy with.

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

This sounds like you think marketing and hype equals quality.

What’s with people in TG being so aggressive about poo poo for no reason lol. Just getting worked up into a frothing rage and taking digs at other posters over furniture

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Bodanarko posted:

What’s with people in TG being so aggressive about poo poo for no reason lol.

Uh, you tell me

Bodanarko posted:

I don’t get all the hardcore hate for their products some nerds have, the “wah wah overpriced” cries

We’ve said nothing but reasonable things about why Wyrmwood is bad but you do you buddy.

Frothing rage. Lmao. Sorry I hurt your furnitures feelings?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 23, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Didn’t you spend your tax return on their accessory trays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I just knew with as many projects as I've backed something would slip through the cracks and I'd get something delivered to the old address now that I've moved. In this case, the most recent Everdell KS, and it was literally a couple hours after I was out of the apartment. Fortunately I had already planned to return today to do some post move cleaning but I sure hope that's the only one.