Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

One time I tried this, but instead I used a computer screen propped up between two chairs and me on the floor, so I could read the forums while laying down.
One bad movement and the edge of the screen came down on my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Thank God the tyranny of indie bands is over. for a solid decade they conspired to make googling history terms like "Franz Ferdinand" and "The Decemberists" a fools errand

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 13:53 on Oct 22, 2022

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Fleet fox is a redneck blackface.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they would play this song nonstop at every shop in 2010

I knew which song this was going to be before I clicked it

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

this is i think my least favourite song of all time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4306i99LMXo

:same:

Needless Ramblings
Oct 15, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

put him on a list

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

its okay but I hate the horn breakdown

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the horns make me want to join ISIS but for me its the extended interlude where the two unidentifiable fake midcentury accents talk about nothing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.theonion.com/james-corden-breaks-silence-on-restaurant-controversy-1849687955

quote:

James Corden Breaks Silence On Restaurant Controversy: ‘I Like To Find Stray Dogs And Suffocate Them To Death’

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

holefoods posted:

looking healthy and normal

him and the fat greek should fgihgt to the death

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1057761814652616704

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pickle ye is probably the most accurate use of the dumb meme: shuttind down emotionally and intentionally ignoring criticism

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

him and the fat greek should fgihgt to the death

stav??

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

loquacius posted:

As I was hooking up our flatscreen TV a few years back, my wife worried that it was too big (as she does) and googled "how big should your TV be" (as she does) and the top result was literally "well how big is your wall? That big"

I don't know when it's gonna happen, but I really want a high quality projector

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

season finale of dragon show got leaked and its really, really good

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bro Dad posted:

its really, really good

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The show is so stupid it rules. It tried to satirize the marvel style, right wingers, and toxic masculinity, but ends up satirizing woke liberal culture.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

The show is so stupid it rules. It tried to satirize the marvel style, right wingers, and toxic masculinity, but ends up satirizing woke liberal culture.

you've complimented it before, but is it actually unintentionally funny then?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

i say swears online posted:

you've complimented it before, but is it actually unintentionally funny then?

I thought so. It does have some actual good jokes and deep comic cuts I liked, but goes so over the top into strong feminism wokeness that it satires that accidently.

Plus the show pissed off my wife. She said it was insulting and never addressed problems women face the show dregged up. It just played lip service to feminism.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 04:52 on Oct 22, 2022

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Speaking of martial arts films, I'm watching Ong-Bak on tubi right now.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Tricky D posted:

that's a good choice to make; id say its better to be looking at Ong Bak than it is to be looking at most things

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Tricky D posted:

I saw that when it first came out in indie theaters, back when Dirty Balls was called Dirty Balls before they changed his name for US audiences

the opening scene where they play capture the flag across the tree was gobsmacking

edit: also had the privilege of seeing The Raid when it first came out, then visiting a friend in NYC and taking him to see it in an indie theater and blowing his mind

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
The Raid was good as hell too.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Farm Frenzy posted:

this is i think my least favourite song of all time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4306i99LMXo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Farm Frenzy posted:

its basically the period where indie rock became entirely music for car ads
i'm ok with indie bands cashing in on the big car commercial money since retail bigbox playlist and car commercials is where 99% of the money is, but that 'twas a dire time in particular because 99% of it was stupid floaty guitar and other wanna-be county-folk indie poo poo. i'm glad that's over

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

I thought so. It does have some actual good jokes and deep comic cuts I liked, but goes so over the top into strong feminism wokeness that it satires that accidently.

Plus the show pissed off my wife. She said it was insulting and never addressed problems women face the show dregged up. It just played lip service to feminism.

It doesn't seem to recognize the irony that Jen talks over people constantly and then becomes interested in the first guy who asks her to talk about herself. Also Tatiana Maslany's talent is completely wasted.

I just watched that HBO Perry Mason show and she is very good in it and it's an investigation/court show where all the cops, the DA and the proto-televangelists are all huge pieces of poo poo.

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011

War and Pieces posted:

Thank God the tyranny of indie bands is over. for a solid decade they conspired to make googling history terms like "Franz Ferdinand" and "The Decemberists" a foops errand

https://twitter.com/tobyfrombath/status/1582721272903237633?s=20&t=Y9p8JAztkZV7bqwbsd56cA

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Decemberists at least had the kindness and good SEO sensibilities to spell their name wrong

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

cenotaph posted:

Also Tatiana Maslany's talent is completely wasted.

She was much better in Orphan Black and managed to make even difficult, selfish or otherwise flawed characters seem likeable, which does not happen with Jen.

She-Hulk having Alison’s personality would have better fit her as a PMC striver and I think they could have had fun with it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UpRZpcPZNz8

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

wow

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1583823561835151361

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lmfao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

holy poo poo

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

not read the article yet but lol at the "can't libel the dead" timing

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

i say swears online posted:

yeah superbad coming out three years previous while i was still in school went a long way toward me identifying with it over scott pilgrim

i saw Superbad the day it opened in a packed theater and it was all teens (I think I was 22 or 23). I remember at the end where they're both drunk and inside a sleeping bag together and Jonah Hill boops Cera on the nose and the kid in front of me was audibly uncomfortable with the entire scene and THAT made me laugh.

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
You never go full Warren

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

quote:

They both insisted that Littlefeather assumed the life story of their father, who in no way resembled her characterization of a violent Apache alcoholic who terrorized them and their white mother.

“My father was deaf and he had lost his hearing at 9 years old through meningitis,” Cruz said. “He was born into poverty. His father, George Cruz, was an alcoholic who was violent and used to beat him. And he was passed to foster homes and family. But my sister Sacheen took what happened to him.”

In a separate interview, Orlandi agreed: “My father’s father, George, he was the alcoholic. My dad never drank. My dad never smoked. And you know, she also blasted him and said my father was mentally ill. My father was not mentally ill.”

God drat

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There's a genre of music that the dataweirds at Spotify came up with called "Stomp and Holler"

https://everynoise.com/engenremap-stompandholler.html

I've decided as a new endurance contest, I'm going to listen to the one most popular song on Spotify from every band in that genre.

I'm only three bands in and I already hate myself

probably better than stomp stomp clap

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Oglethorpe posted:

probably better than stomp stomp clap

you got mud on your face, you big disgrace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin