Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
We are genuinely concerned, which is why most of our posts are about how terrible a human being Plinkey is based on zero evidence and also making fun of people asking for help. Also making another fund and immediately debating just jow much should we help people really? Let’s means test this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Cup Runneth Over posted:

i could have sworn this thread had an IK

it doesn't but it needs one lol

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

i could have sworn this thread had an IK

By my count it has a lot more than it used to!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

MonsieurChoc posted:

We are genuinely concerned, which is why most of our posts are about how terrible a human being Plinkey is based on zero evidence and also making fun of people asking for help. Also making another fund and immediately debating just jow much should we help people really? Let’s means test this.

I like how Plinkey just gives money out whenever reasonable no questions asked, in fact please don't answer any questions he doesn't want to know, and the new fund is arguing over whether every applicant should have to stand before the Poor Crimes Tribunal and justify their need or just the ones who need more than a hundred bucks (indexed to inflation)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So will posting about or asking money from this fund on the forum going to be an automatic perma?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Elephanthead posted:

So will posting about or asking money from this fund on the forum going to be an automatic perma?

Let's find out:

Can I have some money please?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Poor Crimes Tribunal

Bit of a weird descriptor for "the board checks a private request and decides if the fund can afford it/anything looks sketchy"

In fact that's already in effect here; goons itt have asked for money (genuinely or disingenuously) and been told not to post here. And that's fine, Arfjason doesnt actually need money (I think).

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

I'm still failing to understand why the gently caress people care what other people do with their money. I've been donating to the fund for a while, and I appreciate that there is someone doing the heavy legwork of distributing it. Unless I hear some real evidence that that funds have been misappropriated, I'll keep donating. If I learn that the fund is not delivering based in my personal standards, I'll stop donating, or reroute my funds elsewhere. But it definitely won't be the drama fund mentioned here. I don't care for the appearance of transparency or whatever buerocraric whitewash you use.

For gently caress sake, let us spend our money any loving way we see fit. Is that really that much to ask?

gently caress.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Neurolimal posted:

Bit of a weird descriptor for "the board checks a private request and decides if the fund can afford it/anything looks sketchy"

In fact that's already in effect here; goons itt have asked for money (genuinely or disingenuously) and been told not to post here. And that's fine, Arfjason doesnt actually need money (I think).

it's a tribunal because the person has to tell their story in front of a group of people who decide whether or not they are worthy of money. it isn't in effect here because Plinkey doesn't care why you need it and only turns away obvious trolls without asking anything. not complicated

in Plinkey's fund the only considerations are how much the fund has and how much you're asking for and whether the two things can be reconciled

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I like how Plinkey just gives money out whenever reasonable no questions asked

I would love to like it but in my experience I have not had any response

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

What Is To Be Done?

gassing that loving thread is a start :thumbsup:

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

gbut posted:

until I learn that the fund is not delivering based in my personal standards

it's not delivering based in my personal experience :(

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Plinkey posted:

Well, we had a pretty great system going until it burned down into a pile of embers
Prescient

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

in Plinkey's fund the only considerations are how much the fund has and how much you're asking for and whether the two things can be reconciled

gently caress, it's got less than 50 bucks now?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

you're really going hard on this huh kitty

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
more hard up

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

still going at this? are you people just godless?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
take the drama to the drama thread imo

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I don't imagine being harassed for a week has done great things to Plinkey's response times. Sorry you're the one paying for it

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Still curious why literally anyone feels entitled to demand plinkey do anything whatsoever for free

I hope The Spreadsheet is one billion cells of goatse, posted fresh every month, because than is exactly how much information the public is owed

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

$28k a year to venmo or paypal a handful of people every month? not a bad gig

gbut posted:

I'm still failing to understand why the gently caress people care what other people do with their money. I've been donating to the fund for a while, and I appreciate that there is someone doing the heavy legwork of distributing it. Unless I hear some real evidence that that funds have been misappropriated, I'll keep donating. If I learn that the fund is not delivering based in my personal standards, I'll stop donating, or reroute my funds elsewhere. But it definitely won't be the drama fund mentioned here. I don't care for the appearance of transparency or whatever buerocraric whitewash you use.

For gently caress sake, let us spend our money any loving way we see fit. Is that really that much to ask?

gently caress.

based on the only evidence that is available, over 2/3rds of the money people donate to the patreon is going into plinkey's wallet, not to the people who need it. is that not the case? who knows! is plinkey keeping more than that? who knows! could the fund help more people with bigger donations? who knows! how much is the fund gaining or losing month to month? how long could it operate if plinkey gets kicked off patreon or hosed by taxes? nobody knows! based on what he actually does with whatever account is tied to the patreon, plinkey might not even know any of these questions could be answered by plinkey keeping some sort of record of what goes in and what goes out, totally devoid of any identifying information, but apparently that was doxxing and also bad for taxes until uh just this very November, for some reason.

it's good that you give to a fund that helps people in a community that resonates you with real actual pressing problems, no questions asked. That's extremely good, I think, and you should absolutely be commended for it. But if you can look at the way that this fund has been managed -- for this long, and involving this much money -- and still say like "gently caress you man let me do what I want with my money!!!" I think it's totally reasonable to expect people to point out how loving bad this all smells.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I don't imagine being harassed for a week has done great things to Plinkey's response times. Sorry you're the one paying for it

:capitalism:

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

<liberal handwringing over other people's money>

i don't care, gently caress off

Cup Runneth Over posted:

it's a tribunal because the person has to tell their story in front of a group of people who decide whether or not they are worthy of money. it isn't in effect here because Plinkey doesn't care why you need it and only turns away obvious trolls without asking anything. not complicated

we're actually trying to do things just like Plinkey does only with some financial oversight publicly available. no one cares why the request is made, its a matter of if the fund can handle it.

GOD IS BED has issued a correction as of 21:11 on Oct 22, 2022

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

$28k a year to venmo or paypal a handful of people every month? not a bad gig

based on the only evidence that is available, over 2/3rds of the money people donate to the patreon is going into plinkey's wallet, not to the people who need it. is that not the case? who knows! is plinkey keeping more than that? who knows! could the fund help more people with bigger donations? who knows! how much is the fund gaining or losing month to month? how long could it operate if plinkey gets kicked off patreon or hosed by taxes? nobody knows! based on what he actually does with whatever account is tied to the patreon, plinkey might not even know any of these questions could be answered by plinkey keeping some sort of record of what goes in and what goes out, totally devoid of any identifying information, but apparently that was doxxing and also bad for taxes until uh just this very November, for some reason.

it's good that you give to a fund that helps people in a community that resonates you with real actual pressing problems, no questions asked. That's extremely good, I think, and you should absolutely be commended for it. But if you can look at the way that this fund has been managed -- for this long, and involving this much money -- and still say like "gently caress you man let me do what I want with my money!!!" I think it's totally reasonable to expect people to point out how loving bad this all smells.

where's that evidence

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

<liberal handwringing over other people's money>

GOD IS BED posted:

i don't care, gently caress off

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Laughing my rear end off every time a liberal calls someone else liberal as a pejorative itt.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Money now

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Laughing my rear end off every time a liberal calls someone else liberal as a pejorative itt.

gently caress off

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
as someone who is going to be willing to expose their private info to get the other running, can the assholes making a victory lap here gently caress off

goddamn some of you are content starved shitheels

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Money now

frankly, this

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

These scales won't balance until the thread whose sole job is to instigate and collate drama is dealt with tbqh

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

based on the only evidence that is available
What evidence? Explain like I'm 5

I think it's totally reasonable to expect people to point out how loving bad this all smells
You've done your duty; your conscience is clean. But in the end we're adults and we decide how we spend our money. Your advice is noted.

"gently caress you man let me do what I want with my money!!!"

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Crazypoops posted:

gently caress off

You are one of the most deranged and delusional people currently posting on these forums so perhaps it is you instead who should gently caress off.

And no before you get in a tizzy about it I'm not a CIA operative sorry.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
exactly what a cia op would say

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GOD IS BED posted:

:hmmyes:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

GOD IS BED posted:

that's a higher bar for opsec than I expect out of the cia tbh

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

More money. More now.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

GOD IS BED posted:

:pressf:

Crazypoops