Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
baptiste should maintain his crouch jump on consecutive jumps

give bap bouncy bhop

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Harminoff posted:

Yeah I mean it sucks if it's 3 min left but whatever. That round was literally 2 sec left

Yea exactly. I just played a game on King's Row on defence where I'd back filled and my team had lost first point and were down a support, I went Bap and ended up out healing and damaging the other support and we held them and won the game, that feels good. Coming in when the game is literally over in 2 seconds is shite.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I love Sigma and Sombra's little chatter. He always sounds so happy to see her, compared to, well, everyone else.

Trying to break out of my Suicide Junkrat main (if I can't kill you headon, I will take 200hp because!) and anyone else weirded out by the noises Kiriko makes (and maybe others) when Winston lasers her?

Gorgeous Mohammad
Oct 15, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

So she can dump out shrug off damage and run out of healing in 3 seconds? Bap, or Ana is who you want to play to carry as support. Zen and Kiri too if you can hit heads with projectiles.

In gold right now it's very easy to keep your meter up and pump out healing then sneak behind the enemy and finish off people at half health and teleport back to continue healing. I would rather play another support but no one gets in my immortality field or shoots through my amp matrix and they just stand around when I nano boost them. I feel like Moira's raw healing, survivability, and ability to clean up kills will probably be more useful than any other utility until diamond which I'll probably never get to. And most importantly if I play her than that means the other support can't use her to do more damage than healing.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Weekly challenges seemed a lot less painful this time; last one I had to get was role mastery. Those 10 W's come fast if you just play Zarya and Bap lol. Also, double xp has me close to finishing tier 76 on the BP at the moment. Might finish it this weekend. If not, deffo during the Halloween event. [edit] My BP progression verdict as someone who plays ~1-2 hours most days, 2-3 on some is that it's not so bad. But if you're only playing like an hour every other night, yeah, I can see how it'd be a struggle.

teagone fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 22, 2022

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

I love Sigma and Sombra's little chatter. He always sounds so happy to see her, compared to, well, everyone else.

Sigma and Moira have a LOT of voicelines together and they're really uncomfortable.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

So she can dump out shrug off damage and run out of healing in 3 seconds? Bap, or Ana is who you want to play to carry as support. Zen and Kiri too if you can hit heads with projectiles.

moira puts out a ton of healing if you're investing in biotic orb and intelligently positioning to RMB to refill. it's got a surprisingly long range and isn't just something you pop out within breathing distance of a genji

her utility depends a lot on what kind of a tank they have and if there's any targets that have to close distance enough for you to be able to RMB. zarya is loving dreadful to go against since you have to fill her passive if you want to charge LMB, whereas roadhog or orisa are huge tubs of biotic butter you can scoop into whenever you need a refill

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Jack Trades posted:

Sigma and Moira have a LOT of voicelines together and they're really uncomfortable.

I love how pissed off she is at having to babysit him, or even really go on missions at all

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I love how pissed off she is at having to babysit him, or even really go on missions at all

Pretty much this. Sigma is totally oblivious to everyone minus Sombra being decent/at least trying to watch out for him. Moira is just annoyed at everyone overall; it is kinda creepy how she asks if Widowmaker feels emotions, and you can hear the fear as the assassin assures her she does not.

I love Moira but someone needs to put her in a corner with a good voiceline.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
For as many lines there are about moira turning people into flesh monsters I'm seeing very little flesh monsters.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Veev posted:

For as many lines there are about moira turning people into flesh monsters I'm seeing very little flesh monsters.

Have you seen her left arm?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Jack Trades posted:

Have you seen her left arm?

that's kinda monstery, I guess

Also no, I only use the skins with the big vampire sleeves.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
i like the humming that sigma does. would be nicer if he did it throughout the match instead of just at the start. dum de da daaa, boo da boo

e: completed the game

Quotey fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Oct 22, 2022

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

teagone posted:

Tough string of losses today in comp as support queue, second batch ended up going 7-6. Started the night from previous sesssion's 5-2 record, won first match to go 6-2, lost 4 straight and then won the next for 7th win. Still ranked up, Silver 4 to Silver 2. Though I'm wondering if I didn't get those 4 losses and got the 7th win right away if it would've put in me in maybe Gold 5 instead. Or is going from Silver 4 to Gold 5 too big of a jump?

I think I went

Bronze 5
Bronze 1
Silver 5
Silver 1
Gold 5
Gold 4

I was gold before so the system is definitely working for me.

The best thing you can do as a healer is predict who will take damage next and be healing them already.

As soon as you are healing them you should be looking for your next healing target.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Mister Fister posted:

Wonder how much ow1 ranks play into this. I lost my first 3-4 games starting rank this week on my alt. Got placed into gold 2. Just made diamond earlier today. My account has been between diamond and masters in ow1.

I was plat in ow1, although I hadn't played for a good year or so.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but if I decide to purchase the battle pass it will work everywhere right? I can purchase it on pc and it'll work on ps4 when I play with friends on there? And the only difference between them is the more expensive option is just more levels unlocked?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Quotey posted:

i like the humming that sigma does. would be nicer if he did it throughout the match instead of just at the start. dum de da daaa, boo da boo

e: completed the game

What did Roadhog do to his spine?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

spunkshui posted:

I think I went

Bronze 5
Bronze 1
Silver 5
Silver 1
Gold 5
Gold 4

I was gold before so the system is definitely working for me.

The best thing you can do as a healer is predict who will take damage next and be healing them already.

As soon as you are healing them you should be looking for your next healing target.

I hovered around high plat/diamond in OW1 as a Lucio/Mercy main, but I stopped playing comp after the first 12 seasons. Clearly the game has changed significantly from the time between when I dropped the game and up until now. I think placing me in silver to start my support queue comp run is accurate.

Mister Fister posted:

Wonder how much ow1 ranks play into this. I lost my first 3-4 games starting rank this week on my alt. Got placed into gold 2. Just made diamond earlier today. My account has been between diamond and masters in ow1.

There was a soft MMR reset, and devs said you should expect to place lower than what you might think. How many games did it take you to get into diamond from gold 2?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

drat Zarya is easy mode, to the point it's almost mindless

edit: also my god the last 3 games my team has had just trash dps, the matchmaking is super weird

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just Chamber posted:

drat Zarya is easy mode, to the point it's almost mindless

Yeah if you wanna farm 10 role wins as vanguard/tank for the weekly challenge, just play Zarya lmao. It's silly. Especially if the enemy tank doesn't know how/want to play Zarya.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I think the most monstrous thing amongst the Overwatch heroes, barring any Epic/Legendary skins, is Roadhog's bellybutton. I can't stand to play as him in a skin where it's not covered up :barf: :mrapig:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Don't body shame you sicko

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Scholtz posted:

I think the most monstrous thing amongst the Overwatch heroes, barring any Epic/Legendary skins, is Roadhog's bellybutton. I can't stand to play as him in a skin where it's not covered up :barf: :mrapig:

It's worse when he's running in front of you and you can just about see his man-rear end. And full on in some skins, I believe.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

headcase posted:

I just started queueing tank just because Im sick of running into tanks that just stand in the middle of the road getting lit up. Seems like there is a lot of room for improvement in the tank role right now. Now if I could only get over my rein addiction. He is so fun to rampage around with.

I'm currently getting placements as tank, last role I'm playing.
It's drat hard to keep focused on the enemy team, and making sure you don't stray off without anyone from your backline warning you

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Cowslips Warren posted:

It's worse when he's running in front of you and you can just about see his man-rear end. And full on in some skins, I believe.

It's still total bullshit that we don't have his Summer Games high diver speedo skin. It was the best idea and featured in the first god-damned seasonal event ever, and then five years of absolutely nothing of value.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm genuinely a little bummed that they completely removed lootboxes from the game. I absolutely think you should not be able to buy them, but I wish they they had kept the ones you got for free occasionally (and only those) in the game.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

They should give you a gold coin every time you auto fill queue. The 100xp for the pass is garbage and not encouraging anyone to fill at all.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

surf rock posted:

gently caress support, gently caress everything about playing support. Four straight games with zero peels and zero help from the other support (including three where they healed less than 2k, which is seemingly loving impossible). I'd rather swallow a fistful of cyanide tablets than play support again, gently caress it
this is a pretty accurate assessment of playing support which is why the queue time is the shortest. by far the most stressful role

dps is hilariously the chill out and relax role

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Scholtz posted:

I'm genuinely a little bummed that they completely removed lootboxes from the game. I absolutely think you should not be able to buy them, but I wish they they had kept the ones you got for free occasionally (and only those) in the game.

This, leveling, and maybe staying as a team.

You get like 5 seconds to click "stay as a team" so usually get a good team, but not enough time to stay as a team.

Leveling doesn't even need to mean anything, it's just nice to see some sort of progress to playing unranked.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

surf rock posted:

gently caress support, gently caress everything about playing support. Four straight games with zero peels and zero help from the other support (including three where they healed less than 2k, which is seemingly loving impossible). I'd rather swallow a fistful of cyanide tablets than play support again, gently caress it

I'm one of the tanks that forgets to peel but tries to keep fire off you by offering themselves up as a sacrifical lamb.
I'm terribly sorry but this game saturates my awareness mental bandwidth :(

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Father Wendigo posted:

It's still total bullshit that we don't have his Summer Games high diver speedo skin. It was the best idea and featured in the first god-damned seasonal event ever, and then five years of absolutely nothing of value.

You can pry my speedo Roadhog player icon and spray from my cold dead hands.

Give us the goddamn skin Blizzard.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mega Comrade posted:

They should give you a gold coin every time you auto fill queue. The 100xp for the pass is garbage and not encouraging anyone to fill at all.

It's 500 sometimes, but yeah still junk.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Give us the goddamn skin Blizzard.

They were/are probably waiting for the opportunity to sell it for $49.99 USD.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

teagone posted:

There was a soft MMR reset, and devs said you should expect to place lower than what you might think. How many games did it take you to get into diamond from gold 2?

Whoops! Looks like i'm actually a few wins away from diamond... think i might get to it tomorrow. I hate how they changed everything and now i'm confused about my rank (even the drat rank badges changed).

44 games won, 39 games lost (41 games won, 31 games lost w/ my main zarya)

But yeah, agree with eveyrone about zarya, i'm playing her 99% of the time. She bullies everyone except winston who is actually somewhat effective against her.

Mister Fister fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 23, 2022

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'll probably regret doing so but I can't figure out how to join voice in comp games (I don't try for QP). I used to play on voice in OW1, any ideas why I can't seem to find whatever setting for it?

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
being placed in bronze as support when you were Plat/Diamond in OW1 is Fucked

how is this enjoyable in any capacity

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I'll probably regret doing so but I can't figure out how to join voice in comp games (I don't try for QP). I used to play on voice in OW1, any ideas why I can't seem to find whatever setting for it?

I had to rebind some buttons for push to talk. There's a section under Sound in the settings.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Nutsak posted:

I had to rebind some buttons for push to talk. There's a section under Sound in the settings.

Other option, is to bind a talk toggle-button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Thanks for the push to look again, apparently I'd turned match chat off in the settings. Could have sworn you used to be able to hit P and then join/leave chat there regardless of settings but anyways got it sorted.