Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

that poster is right. the 1970 el camino is the only good car.

https://www.musclecarfacts.com/chevrolet-el-camino/234-1970-el-camino/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

ArmZ posted:

that poster is right. the 1970 el camino is the only good car.

https://www.musclecarfacts.com/chevrolet-el-camino/234-1970-el-camino/

i was obsessed with this car as a kid and would still probably like one of these more than anything else I could get right now. Too bad the only vehicle you can buy with a truck bed like that in America now is 10x the size.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I worked with a wonderful lady from a NY- based nonprofit today focused on increasing pedestrian and bike friendly areas in the state and we spent a full third of the call making fun of the stupid poo poo NY drivers do and bemoaning the state of public transit.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

this is what I always think of when I see an el camino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Tnf6_IX5M

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

this is what I always think of when I see an el camino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Tnf6_IX5M

lol

I think of the song Clint Eastwood recorded for the credits of "Gran Torino" even though they are different, they sound similar enough that you can just put El Camino in there and it still works.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Peanut President posted:

edit: there's lots of places you can do it around belmont harbor too, idk why the city won't put bollards there

Maybe there's an alderman that uses that shortcut.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
It's pretty cool how old cars known for being huge are the same size as normal modern cars

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i dont think its very cool... i think its bad

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Those old cars were infamous for murdering their occupants in a crash so people probably drove them a bit more carefully. The new ones will keep you uninjured while you mow down an entire family of five in a crosswalk. We've made so many safety advances!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Does that mean a hummer effectively always has to take 2 parking spots at that width? Like even in a normal sized car you barely have more than a few inches on each side in most parking spots (at least in seattle - almost every spot is designed for compacts)

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/TimWarman/status/1582829758739775488

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

what kind of dumbass gets out of a truck to chase down someone on a bicycle lol

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

lobster shirt posted:

what kind of dumbass gets out of a truck to chase down someone on a bicycle lol

Toronto's drivers keep driving into streetcar tunnels, streetcars themselves, and construction sites, so they're not the brightest to begin with.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
short, chubby, free space, balding, and goateed. bingo!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
That corner is a bit of a nightmare for cycling and public transit. There's that right-left chicane, a hospital on the right and then a third lane comes out of nowhere - if you're getting off the westbound streetcar you have to cross TWO lanes of traffic - and then Dundas bottlenecks right back into effectively one lane because of the parking on the curb lane. I see people raging trying to merge all the time there, it's a really dangerous spot.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Mister Speaker posted:

That corner is a bit of a nightmare for cycling and public transit. There's that right-left chicane, a hospital on the right and then a third lane comes out of nowhere - if you're getting off the westbound streetcar you have to cross TWO lanes of traffic - and then Dundas bottlenecks right back into effectively one lane because of the parking on the curb lane. I see people raging trying to merge all the time there, it's a really dangerous spot.

in short, plz jinping my people need more rpg's to deal with the car menace

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Those old cars were infamous for murdering their occupants in a crash so people probably drove them a bit more carefully. The new ones will keep you uninjured while you mow down an entire family of five in a crosswalk. We've made so many safety advances!

they drove them drunk out of their minds and then died from blunt force trauma after bumping a kerb at 2mph and hitting their head on some completely unnecessary bit of chromed mazak on the dash

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Lol at all the trash
https://twitter.com/LuciaDLite/status/1583213109321207809?t=mq92Sep6_gJpLgIXxqmLOQ&s=19

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Starting to understand why NYCers talk about rats so much. Pedestrians are just constantly walking past trash mountains and fetid ponds that wouldn't be out of place in a landfill, no wonder they see a lot they're in their habitat.

mystes
May 31, 2006

distortion park posted:

Starting to understand why NYCers talk about rats so much. Pedestrians are just constantly walking past trash mountains and fetid ponds that wouldn't be out of place in a landfill, no wonder they see a lot they're in their habitat.
Pizza rat is the official mascot of nyc

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

distortion park posted:

NYC is great if you live in penthouse and your chauffeur makes sure there are always buffer space between you and the closest trash pile.

It isn’t especially impressive as far as world cities go.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
what i just bought this https://www.iecarplanet.com/inventory/kandi/k27/0725/

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Ardennes posted:

NYC is great if you live in penthouse and your chauffeur makes sure there are always buffer space between you and the closest trash pile.

It isn’t especially impressive as far as world cities go.

I don't think Americans really understand how lovely and bad even our "good" cities are compared to other advanced nations' cities.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I visited Singapore once, place was immaculate.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

hate it

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
ngl the world would be a better place if more cars were tiny like that.

Would like to see your average tailgating rear end in a top hat roadrage in a microlino

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
still hate it, etc. etc.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I feel very much that the root of the car problem in america is americans.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think it's the cars

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I don't think Americans really understand how lovely and bad even our "good" cities are compared to other advanced nations' cities.

Yes, holy poo poo. Americans think of the rest of the world as third-world backwaters, but that's actually us.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!
https://twitter.com/yugopnik/status/1580905942883131394?cxt=HHwWhIDTzYflwPArAAAA

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That has not been my experience with drivers.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

from this decent video about terrible traffic interchanges, this guys forum bio made me lol at the concept of such a person existing

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

SirPablo posted:

I visited Singapore once, place was immaculate.

boy wait till you see 1st and 2nd tier china cities

it's especially funny when even the singapore's own prime minister commented on how backwards singapore is compared to china now

americans excel at developing coping mechanisms

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

withak posted:

Look left turn right
- A. Driver

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

thalweg posted:

from this decent video about terrible traffic interchanges, this guys forum bio made me lol at the concept of such a person existing

jeez this video was bleak

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Look left turn right
- A. Driver

I see this almost daily. if I walked slightly more it would be multiple times a day.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

withak posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

distortion park posted:

Philly is the only place I've seen in America that is dirtier than NYC, or maybe Baltimore. Once I was in New Orleans and drunk and talking to some locals and I was like it's so nice here way cleaner than back in Philly and they got all offended because apparently New Orleans is famously gross and dirty and how dare I speak positively about their city. I really didn't mean to offend