Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I don't understand the Kraken, loving up at home and winning against the cupholders on the road. Good on them I guess? Anyways go Kraken gently caress Hakstol who the gently caress knows is going on over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Hockey is random and the difference between the very best team and the very worst team is not as pronounced as in other sports. I think that's part of why it's fun.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
prairie oysters

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

The Dirty Burger posted:

It’s insane that Nichushkin had 0 goals in 57 games for Dallas in 2018/19, he has 5 goals and 10pts so far through the first 5 games this year and is driving his line, using his speed, finishing checks and looks like one of the best power forwards in the league.

Player development is so weird

Nichushkin's underlying numbers in Dallas were good to great his last couple years.. not all-star level like they have been in Colorado, but the indicators were there that he was a great defensive player getting super unlucky in the attacking zone at the very least and somebody that they obviously should not have given up on when they did. He was never one of the Stars' highest useage PK'ers but he was very successful in the time that they did give him in that role as well.

The thing that I remember most is that his vision in the corners with the puck when he was under pressure was unreal. He could keep a rotation alive when nearly anyone else would have turned it over. The dumbasses in Dallas mangement gave up on him because they don't understand anything but goals, assists and plus minus and predictably it bit them on the rear end immediately.

**also I'm not going to go back and do a deep dive but the Stars in 2018/19 were already well into one line team mode, except the one line was Benn - Seguin - Radulov at the time not the current version with Pavelski. I would not be surprised if Nichushkin's most common linemates that season were Mattias Janmark and Andrew Cogliano or some poo poo like that.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 22, 2022

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nichushkin was never going to succeed under Hitch, Montgomery or Bowness.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

mennoknight posted:

I live in Ottawa and yes, deep fried fiber balls make me poo poo

Fiber should soften hard shits or firm up watery diarrhea blasts. In other words, it makes me poo poo you like a champion. That seems incongruous with the Calgary Flames.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I don't understand the Kraken, loving up at home and winning against the cupholders on the road. Good on them I guess? Anyways go Kraken gently caress Hakstol who the gently caress knows is going on over there.

Excited for the upcoming game against Buffalo, both teams seem mediocre but improved.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Jake is out tonight. Pens already Pensing.

Hopefully won't be out too long. Would suck if he can't play this week because the Pens have 4 games I think

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
https://twitter.com/life_as_LA/status/1583587856747941888?s=20&t=5I_1qdI7825eYSfUMHLiTg
:lol:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Devils continue their 40-18 style shot advantage. 3 straight, pretty cool

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I thought Kevin Bahl looked really good today. Limited minutes but was physical, confident on the puck, and had a few chances actually. There's really no reason to keep playing Smith, especially as he continues to take a dumb penalty like every game.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Crossing my fingers as I type this but Blackwood has actually been good the last 2 games.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ginette Reno posted:

Jake is out tonight. Pens already Pensing.

Hopefully won't be out too long. Would suck if he can't play this week because the Pens have 4 games I think

They're 3-0-1 and have nine (9) players at a PPG pace or better. I think they'll be fine.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

T-Bone posted:

I thought Kevin Bahl looked really good today. Limited minutes but was physical, confident on the puck, and had a few chances actually. There's really no reason to keep playing Smith, especially as he continues to take a dumb penalty like every game.

my eyes hath not deceive me

https://twitter.com/AlexC_THW/status/1583910239895572482

I kinda like Jack double shifting with the 4th, but would rather see Smith sat, Bahl in there and 6D. Not sure where Holtz fits right now. I don't think he works with anyone in the bottom six. Sucks but they should probably send him down in a week or so if things don't change. Although the PP has been pretty bleh and he would help there. Safe play is to probably just run Zetterlund on the 4th.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 22, 2022

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
It’s early, but it’s looking like the east is going to be very competitive. Jersey’s become a possession monster, Ottawa is suddenly both good at possession and very good at scoring goals, and the Sabres are also somehow winning games.

Feeling like Washington’s going to slip out of the playoffs this year. Not sure if any other teams have taken a big enough step back to fall out though.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Tyler Motte got powerplay time tonight and I wasn’t even mad, god drat he owns. Sucks for Formenton that he held out, cause his spot is gone

Hopefully Norris’ shoulder injury isn’t long-term, but I’m excited to see what Shane Pinto can do with Giroux and the Cat

The Dirty Burger fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 22, 2022

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

The Dirty Burger posted:

Tyler Motte got powerplay time tonight and I wasn’t even mad, god drat he owns. Sucks for Formenton that he held out, cause his spot is gone

Hopefully Norris’ shoulder injury isn’t long-term, but I’m excited to see what Shane Pinto can do with Giroux and the Cat

I almost feel like they should leave Pinto on the third line, and just bring in Brassard for L2. Pinto is the only reason that third line is a scoring threat, and I feel like Giroux and DeBrincat would be able to create offence with anyone* at center.

* anyone except Dylan Gambrell

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Lmao leave it to Vegas to do something cool and good then immediately ruin it.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Devils have played an absurdly weak schedule but I think they're probably a playoff contender barring the usual tiny frail men injuries or another goaltending implosion. Washington on Monday should be pretty interesting. The Caps have bullied them around pretty good in the JHughes era.

Washington and Florida look sketchy to start the season, I think those two would be the candidates atm if someone were to fall out.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

Tyler Motte got powerplay time tonight and I wasn’t even mad, god drat he owns.

i told you!!! he rules. he's like another Hagelin. fantastic guy that punches way above his weight. can play with any line and in any situation.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

T-Bone posted:

my eyes hath not deceive me

https://twitter.com/AlexC_THW/status/1583910239895572482

I kinda like Jack double shifting with the 4th, but would rather see Smith sat, Bahl in there and 6D. Not sure where Holtz fits right now. I don't think he works with anyone in the bottom six. Sucks but they should probably send him down in a week or so if things don't change. Although the PP has been pretty bleh and he would help there. Safe play is to probably just run Zetterlund on the 4th.

Bahl should be in there over Smith for sure.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

T-Bone posted:

The Devils have played an absurdly weak schedule but I think they're probably a playoff contender barring the usual tiny frail men injuries or another goaltending implosion. Washington on Monday should be pretty interesting. The Caps have bullied them around pretty good in the JHughes era.

Washington and Florida look sketchy to start the season, I think those two would be the candidates atm if someone were to fall out.

Yeah, as the resident Panthers-watcher, I don't have much hope in the team this year. Ignoring just how bad their d-corps is on paper and how shaky Bob is, they got their powerplay figured out last year in the playoffs and are absolute dogshit on special teams. I still think their top-9 is just deep enough to carry them if Paul Maurice doesn't install his system in time, but wouldn't be shocked if they fall out.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Paul Maurice will find a way to sneak you in to the playoffs and then get drastically outcoached as your team is swept in the first round.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
also you have matt Tkachuk now who is bad

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

mennoknight posted:

also you have matt Tkachuk now who is bad

As opposed to the superior Tkachuk, who has 8 points in 5 games and brings That Captain poo poo every game

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I am enjoying the Pens looking dreadful in first periods and then pulling 6 goals out of their rear end in each of the past two games

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Habs lose a fun one. There are worse things in the world.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

bub spank posted:

As opposed to the superior Tkachuk, who has 8 points in 5 games and brings That Captain poo poo every game

which one is that

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/snstats/status/1583948942101708800?s=46&t=XXM2zbyySBNnzrY5IWSdeQ

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

All Fanatics products are absolute garbage.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Dahlin scored a goal, so that’s a goal in each of their first five game. Broke the record that he set on Thursday lmao

Dahlin for Norris

Edit:

https://twitter.com/thechargingbuf/status/1584009543771881472?s=46&t=WvmWplRi9Ea31-GstugIvw

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Caps with a scrappy win, but they did not look especially good outside the third. Carlson is still the most obvious boat-anchor...

https://twitter.com/LAKings/status/1583991018591920131

...but I wonder when people are going to start noticing that Ovechkin has been all but invisible.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Canucks look good

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

this is my favourite Canucks team in history

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Boudreau pulled the goalie with ~3 minutes left and the Sabres immediately scored an empty netter to make it 4-1. Then Demko went back into the goal and Olofsson scored on him to make it 5-1 lmao the Canucks are special

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
If you told me the Canucks are already eliminated from the playoffs, in terms of probability or whatever, I would believe you

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

is the Pauser around to see this

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

And the team is so all in and cap hosed.

There was a point tonight Myers was out of position, came flying in trying to block a shot then just kinda sat on the ice watching the sabres with the puck. Glorious.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I don't get it. It's virtually the same team as last season. If anything, it should be slightly better. Granted, I think they over-performed last year, but they shouldn't be *this* bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

ImplicitAssembler posted:

I don't get it. It's virtually the same team as last season. If anything, it should be slightly better. Granted, I think they over-performed last year, but they shouldn't be *this* bad.

I mean, part of it is the schedule. They've lost to some really good teams. Like Buffalo, Philadelphia, and Columbus.