Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Honestly I'm wanting Gabler to idol out Elie, she's gone from charming to overconfident and that way I can free up two roster slots because Gabler's utility is winding down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Sighence posted:

Honestly I'm wanting Gabler to idol out Elie, she's gone from charming to overconfident and that way I can free up two roster slots because Gabler's utility is winding down.

I agree, he better go to tribal before the merge so this can happen.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Got stuck on the bottom of the last page... but I really am curious what their plan is with Noelle and the individual immunity challenges... so many of them involve standing on something for as long as possible...

I guess some of them would probably be impossible for her. And others she'd have quite the leg up not having a foot to stand on...

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Yeah it's like 50-50.
I can see her winning the Christian challenge or others where it's pain/endurance more than balance but rocking on the triangle float idk.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
A thought! How about we do a survivor pick em?

Rules would be simple and I'd run it, starting with this next week's episode. Each week you have to pick a survivor you think won't get the boot, that's it. If you're right, you move on but you can no longer pick that survivor again. Last player(s) standing wins.

Winner gets 50 bucks to the charity of their choice. If there are multiple winners, we'll draw rocks.

If ten are interested I'll facilitate this and post with join/participation instructions.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Chili posted:

Sign me up!

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Chili posted:

Rules would be simple and I'd run it, starting with this next week's episode. Each week you have to pick a survivor you think won't get the boot, that's it. If you're right, you move on but you can no longer pick that survivor again. Last player(s) standing wins.

Winner gets 50 bucks to the charity of their choice. If there are multiple winners, we'll draw rocks.

If ten are interested I'll facilitate this and post with join/participation instructions.

An ORG I've spectated does this, it's p. dang good. I'm down.

Also, makes me wonder how spoiled 43 has been? I looked it up after the season aired, 42 was super spoiled. There was a 100% accurate boot list and the winner. Kind of bonkers, but also a side effect of no live final.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Studio posted:

An ORG I've spectated does this, it's p. dang good. I'm down.

Also, makes me wonder how spoiled 43 has been? I looked it up after the season aired, 42 was super spoiled. There was a 100% accurate boot list and the winner. Kind of bonkers, but also a side effect of no live final.
My understanding is there were alleged spoilers for this season too but they got blown up early when Justine got voted out. I haven't intentionally sought much out but the only thing I've heard floating around is (not an elimination spoiler): purportedly production was much more positive about s44 than 43, and this season 'gets pretty dark'.

Also count me in for the pick 'em.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Got stuck on the bottom of the last page... but I really am curious what their plan is with Noelle and the individual immunity challenges... so many of them involve standing on something for as long as possible...

I guess some of them would probably be impossible for her. And others she'd have quite the leg up not having a foot to stand on...

I have no idea if she could do that one challenge where you have to stack blocks using your feet.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shemp the Stooge posted:

drat, I got bumped out of first on tribal council. Gonna put Jeanine back in, hopefully she plays something next week

I've been in first for the past two weeks and feel like a guy who bsed his way through an interview for a job he his wholly unqualified for

also I'm down for the pickem

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

I've been in first for the past two weeks and feel like a guy who bsed his way through an interview for a job he his wholly unqualified for

also I'm down for the pickem

Yes, that is a good way to put it. I mostly look at the pictures and make guesses. I am also up for the pickem

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Cool yeah, that's enough. I'll slap it together tomorrow. For now, go ahead and get your picks in by PMing me. PMs will be treates as a sign up.

Remember, once you pick a castaway you cannot pick them again! I'll release everyone's picks 6PM eastern.

If you don't have plat, email me at redacted, include your sa username and your pick in the email.

Chili fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 26, 2022

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

Chili posted:

Cool yeah, that's enough. I'll slap it together tomorrow. For now, go ahead and get your picks in by PMing me. PMs will be treates as a sign up.

Remember, once you pick a castaway you cannot pick them again! I'll release everyone's picks 6PM eastern.

If you don't have plat, email me at gotnofaith@gmail.com, include your sa username and your pick in the email.

I'm swinging for the fences with someone I'm sure will be gone soon, just probably not tomorrow!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Response has been good so far! Let's make the deadline 9AM Wednesday so we have time to speculate/discuss picks itt leading up to the episode.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Shemp the Stooge posted:

Yes, that is a good way to put it. I mostly look at the pictures and make guesses. I am also up for the pickem

Yeah no kidding, the most thought out one i had was Gabler for premerge because olds tend to do well right up until they don't and then gut feel for the other 7.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Alright here's what we've got.

Quick point of order: I want to play, but it's not quite fair if I get to see everyone's picks before lock-in. Accordingly, I cannot win the prize. 50 charity dollars will go to the winner. If I happen to win, they go to second place.

In the event of a tie, I don't know. I'll think of something fun.

Anyway, here's what we got!

The consensus pick was on Gabler, which makes sense to me. Noelle also caught 2, which is interesting as I don't see her having to deploy her second vote quite yet. Other than that, the castaways with no picks were:
  • James
  • Cassidy
  • Jesse
  • Cody
  • Ellie
Of those, my take is that folks dodged James, Jesse, and Cody since they might be sticking around for a bit, and Ellie and Cassidy could be likelier boots. Thoughts? Reactions?

edited to include a missing participant.

Chili fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 26, 2022

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think Gabler was the ideal pick but I like that picks were private so that a true consensus couldn't form around anyone. But a kooky character who annoys people but who has an idol that literally has to be used his next TC is hard to resist. And he might be in danger after that since Owen has said in confessional he'd rather go with the women.

I guess you want to avoid taking him if you think he'll go all the way a la someone like a Noura or Angelina, and I do think he and Sami have the drop on Ellie, since they're against her and she doesn't know they're against her (and Jeanine has an idol), so there's some room for him to potentially hang around for awhile still... but it's still hard to beat as a pick imo.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Gabler feels 100% like a viable goat pick, so I wasn't getting anywhere near him. There's just no way he wins the season and with how transparent he can be, I can't see many people identifying him as a good boot. He's a good number and he doesn't win. Of the castaways left, I'd bet the most money on him making it to FTC right now.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

Chili posted:

Gabler feels 100% like a viable goat pick, so I wasn't getting anywhere near him. There's just no way he wins the season and with how transparent he can be, I can't see many people identifying him as a good boot. He's a good number and he doesn't win. Of the castaways left, I'd bet the most money on him making it to FTC right now.

This was my thinking on Gabler, I feel like I'll be able to pick him in a couple weeks. Ryan is definitely in danger soon, but I think he's isolated enough that he'll skate through at least the first merge vote as a free agent.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

My email must have gotten lost. Check your spam please? Can't have another Gabler pick go unrecorded :vv:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

No way I was going to pick Gabler to not get the boot in the 1st week. He's likely going to get Goated pretty far in the game, could get messy if a 1st round pick goes to the final and you can't pick them again!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Sighence posted:

My email must have gotten lost. Check your spam please? Can't have another Gabler pick go unrecorded :vv:

No problem; I'll add you on in a bit!

edit; done!

Chili fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 26, 2022

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I see what you all are saying on Gabler but sometimes early merge needs some easy boots and 2-3 people have been queuing up his exist for awhile, and not only that, he doesn't really seem like a reliable number you can use given his early attempt to fall on his sword for screwing up a challenge. (Not to mention the player who convinced him to hang in has since gotten tired of him.) We'll see!

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

No way I was going to pick Gabler to not get the boot in the 1st week. He's likely going to get Goated pretty far in the game, could get messy if a 1st round pick goes to the final and you can't pick them again!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but how could Gabler get the boot in the 1st week? AFAIK his idol is good for the merge tribal council and barring any mentat tricks from Ellie and company he's extremely safe?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's not that Goku Baby thinks Gabler is getting voted out, rather Goku Baby believes Gabler is going to last a long time (as a goat) and so is saving Gabler for later, since we can only pick people once.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The strategy is to pick the person you think will be eliminated in next week's episode, or else you run the risk of running out of picks and losing that way

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I picked noelle now because she feels decently safe but also feels like one of those people who gets booted "randomly" because they're on the wrong side of the numbers and/or has too good a story to take to the finals.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Studio posted:

The strategy is to pick the person you think will be eliminated in next week's episode, or else you run the risk of running out of picks and losing that way

This -- my logic in picking Karla was that she seemed well-liked and had an idol so no way is she being voted out tonight. It was only *after* I had locked it in that I realized ah poo poo, that means she's probably not getting voted out for a while and I should have saved her for later. Oh well!

I imagine it gets a lot easier to pick after the merge too, because right now you don't even know who's going to be eligible for boots in the first place.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Gabler is completely safe on his next tribal and that's why I picked him. I don't quite understand why he has goat potential since he's been edited to be a bit abrasive and abrasive goats have to be put up with while you live on a beach in a palm frond lean-to for a few weeks which has yet to happen.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

Well now I'm a little self conscious about my pick but that's okay. The merge is always nuts and who knows what'll happen this season!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Gabler is a mess. I do like though that we’re going into merge with a 4/4/4 tribe split. Should be fun.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I picked Owen because gently caress private universities :colbert:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what a strange episode

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
"alligabler" is the worst thing I've heard recently

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pretty fun episode and Gabler is great TBH.

Also does this count as Gabler's 2nd tribal council?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He had a vote so it must have

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I like when the tribe walked into TC, just in case anyone forgot what happens at tribal council, there's a slow motion close up shot of a vote being put in the urn and a torch being snuffed.

Also I just watched this on cbs.com and for some reason the progress bar was showing 15 minutes left when they voted so I was expecting all hell to break loose but then it was just a straight vote and the episode ended.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I love when people like Elie think they're going to pull one over on someone like Gabler (sneaking through his bag, trying to trick him into thinking his idol was no longer valid), and then acting like Gabler threw her under the bus when he got the one up on her and took her out before she could take him out. Gabler played that pretty smart actually.

But overall, the baka tribe was living up to their namesake and generally acting like idiots. The other tribes quickly picked up on their messy drama and took advantage of it.

Edit:

This made me feel bad though.

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-43-elie-scott-interview/

How much did it bum you out to be that close and not get that merge buff?

Oh, man. So I'll be honest: You walk away, and I wasn't even really thinking about it. And then, all of a sudden, you hear them cheering because you're not very far away from where everybody's sitting at Tribal. And all of a sudden, I hear people cheering. At first, I thought they were all cheering because they voted me out. I was like, "Oh that's not great." But then I realized, "Oh, they're getting their buffs." And that was like a little dagger to the heart. But I honestly feel like it was my time. I mean, we saw my demise happen over like four episodes, maybe five episodes. So, you know, I felt ready in real life at the time, and kind of ready watching it back too.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 27, 2022

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Fast Luck posted:

I like when the tribe walked into TC, just in case anyone forgot what happens at tribal council, there's a slow motion close up shot of a vote being put in the urn and a torch being snuffed.

Also I just watched this on cbs.com and for some reason the progress bar was showing 15 minutes left when they voted so I was expecting all hell to break loose but then it was just a straight vote and the episode ended.

Paramount Plus has been doing this for me as well, but I'm pretty sure it's because they are including ads in the timer, which are getting blocked (most of the time at least) so I don't have to watch that bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

how many times has getting your name thrown out, overreacting, and getting voted out happened this season? was this the 4th time?