Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

beauty queen breakdown posted:

Please turn off any cellphones and extinguish open flames as you enter the theatre.

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Sagebrush posted:

let's loving go. my body is ready

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Bug Squash posted:

People gonna be waiting on the modern major general like it's the valley of the shadow of death.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Simpsons' Shoresy

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

kdrudy posted:

If you don't like this content you are a cop

Bake 'im away, toys!

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

lol, too true

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Lol it’s so perfect

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Doing a seance for Maude was actually the framing premise of one Treehouse of Horror episode iirc.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

As a big fan of the late Yokoi and a Virtual Boy collector, this is loving awesome.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A bit unfair given from what I heard Yokoi was screwed over pretty bad by Nintendo's management and basically forced to push an unfinished product to market when it was barely past tech demo stage of viability.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Lifespan posted:

As a big fan of the late Yokoi and a Virtual Boy collector, this is loving awesome.

They let me wear one in a museum once after flirting with the curator. It was pretty sweet.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

what have you done

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

As long as it gets some mixups with the panels I'm all for it.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Oh dear god....

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Me settling in to watch the thread eat itself over another extended gimmick

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Just lmao at thinking I am the very model of a modern major general is in Pinafore. Next you'll be trying to tell us that there's a full score for Thespis or that utopia limited or grand Duke are good.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Look I'm sorry I don't know my nautical Savoy operas as well as the rest of the thread. Does pinafore even have a banger?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bug Squash posted:

Look I'm sorry I don't know my nautical Savoy operas as well as the rest of the thread. Does pinafore even have a banger?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Pirates of Penzance might be cheating a bit, at least two songs are basically memes all on their own.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bug Squash posted:

Monarch of the Sea! It got them sued by the guy it was satirising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow2jWKhVErg

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Pirates of Penzance might be cheating a bit, at least two songs are basically memes all on their own.

To be fair the ending of Penzance is to placate the queen who thought that pinafore was insulting to the nation and the navy and they were worried that the... Attainer of the royal household? Who for some reason had to grant approval for any play in Britain to run till like 1972 would refuse to grant permission further and ban them.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Drone_Fragger posted:

To be fair the ending of Penzance is to placate the queen who thought that pinafore was insulting to the nation and the navy and they were worried that the... Attainer of the royal household? Who for some reason had to grant approval for any play in Britain to run till like 1972 would refuse to grant permission further and ban them.

The ending where the pirates all turn out to be noblemen?

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Doing a seance for Maude was actually the framing premise of one Treehouse of Horror episode iirc.

That's not the reference;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrP9-l_eWoc

Pesky bee!

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The ending where the pirates all turn out to be noblemen?

More that the bad guys, the pirates, after beating the police, are inspired to surrender after being charged to yield in the name of queen victoria. Which they then do because they love the queen so much.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

The yellow one should stand in for Bart, imo.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Taking bets on whether Simpsons will still be on the air when this check clears.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
By then AI will be both writing & animating shows from previous seasons-worth of content.

:negative:

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Samovar posted:

The yellow one should stand in for Bart, imo.

[Duck voice] That doesn't make sense.

Since he's sitting with Red Guy when he says it.

I propose this as a compromise

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Android Apocalypse posted:

By then AI will be both writing & animating shows from previous seasons-worth of content.

:negative:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

You could tell me this was a legit plot from an episode after like season 20~ and I’d believe it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
is it time to get creative?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Lobok posted:

Taking bets on whether Simpsons will still be on the air when this check clears.

Man, taking bets on whether TV will still exist by 2054 is dark.

My hypothetical money is on "no, collapse of civilization".

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

loquacius posted:

The Simpsons' Shoresy

Oh boy. I work on a construction site and thus most of the guys are fairly lowbrow. We were having lunch the other day and one of them turned on a compilation of that guy, I've never seen the show before. But they all thought it was the best thing ever. There were a couple of funny lines but otherwise I felt like Lisa joining Bart and Homer watching When Surgey Goes Wrong.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Zereth posted:

Man, taking bets on whether TV will still exist by 2054 is dark.

My hypothetical money is on "no, collapse of civilization".

Both things can be true:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UW8f5TI5ZA

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Nikumatic posted:

is it time to get creative?

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004