Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nN7B8Kj7OU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My gf who introduced me to this cursed game did a cosplay

I sort of want to do a Zhongli now

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

No Wave posted:

It's crazy that when people level keqing they don't regret it. Dendro really changed the game.

Honestly, Cyno's cool and strong and all, but between the scarabs and Keqing also being cool and strong and not needing scarabs, I kind of regret rolling him.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Using keqing feels chaotic, but in a good way

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Your girlfriend is a massive nerd. And I mean that in the best way possible. Awesome cosplay!

Hu Tao is definitely a 5* I wanted but didn’t wind up getting. I like lighting things on fire and Diluc just always felt very boring.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Hu Tao is super cool but I already have Yoimiya and want Dehya so I feel I should skip her...but I really love her design/personality.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
What makes one electro more preferable than another when it comes to running dendro reactions? For Sumeru exploration/puzzles I've been trying Keqing / Collei / Yelan / Bennett. Keqing is fun to play like Hu Tao. With the mistsplitter and Bennett's buffs Keqing has over 3000 ATK and over 200% crit dmg. Her numbers are okay I guess?

Can dendro get double reactions with hydro -> electro status? Is that the kind of setup you want to drive rapid hyperblooms? Like with overvape teams you apply hydro then electro so both statuses exist at once. Hit that with pyro and it triggers vaporize and overload simultaneously.

For example: Ayato / Fischl / Xiangling / Zhongli.
Ayato and Fischl attack extremely fast and always apply elements in the order hydro -> electro, which sets up reactions for Xiangling. Because Ayato + Fischl's application is much faster than XL the reactions reliably trend towards overvapes. Biggest issue is Zhongli blocking Oz with his pillar, which is a problem.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Basically Sirin from Honkai using Keqing as a host body instead of K-423

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sanctum posted:

What makes one electro more preferable than another when it comes to running dendro reactions? For Sumeru exploration/puzzles I've been trying Keqing / Collei / Yelan / Bennett. Keqing is fun to play like Hu Tao. With the mistsplitter and Bennett's buffs Keqing has over 3000 ATK and over 200% crit dmg. Her numbers are okay I guess?

Can dendro get double reactions with hydro -> electro status? Is that the kind of setup you want to drive rapid hyperblooms? Like with overvape teams you apply hydro then electro so both statuses exist at once. Hit that with pyro and it triggers vaporize and overload simultaneously.

Ayato and Fischl attack extremely fast and always apply elements in the order hydro -> electro, which sets up reactions for Xiangling. Because Ayato + Fischl's application is much faster than XL the reactions reliably trend towards overvapes. Biggest issue is Zhongli blocking Oz with his pillar, which is a problem.

You can't get an instant hyperbloom by hitting an electro-charged enemy with hydro if that's what you're asking. You'll get bloom+quicken.
After a bloom reaction you have to hit the actual seed with electro to get hyperbloom (although even single-target attacks can pop seeds in a small AOE around your target).

But the fact alone that electro-charge doesn't remove the hydro or dendro aura is a huge buff for hyperbloom compared to burgeon teams, where the wrong balance of elements can mean vaporizing away all your hydro or burning away your dendro and ending up with no blooms.

Dendro+electro quicken reactions are also just good on their own unlike burning which kinda sucks

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Captain France posted:

Honestly, Cyno's cool and strong and all, but between the scarabs and Keqing also being cool and strong and not needing scarabs, I kind of regret rolling him.
They end up working in really different comps. Keqing is attached to fischl, Cyno wants Beidou and Xingqiu and his best C0 build is dragons bane hyperbloom. Sure they'll both fight over Nahida but I guess thats kinda inevitable. The youtube "theorycrafter" video people has really dropped the ball on cyno even more than they usually do.

Sanctum posted:

The "trick" with keqing, and the reason she specifically has gained so much from aggravate, is that fischl's oz does a bonus attack whenever Keqing triggers aggravate, which is a lot as it turns out and fischl can even end up doing as much damage as keqing. So if you really want her to perform you need to run them together.

They specifically designed dendro reactions so that you can't double up just because overvape ended uo being an overly powerful mechanic. Hydro will clear quicken auras and you'll have to re-apply quicken before you can spread or aggravate again. Hyperbloom and burgeon are more formalized triple element reactions and as it turns out hyperbloom is just broken as hell out of the box so there isnt much of a problem with missing an exact overvape equivalent.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 22, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I know I'm putting in a rule right before asking for no rules suggestions but: Aside from just removing the gambling entirely and making Genshin into a normal not-MMO game that you don't pay a subscription to, what's the biggest thing you want changed?

Being able to replay story missions, a more varied base model library for them to use, character-specific language audio, something changes about the artifact system, higher ascension boss drops, remove men from the game entirely, etc.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

RareAcumen posted:

I know I'm putting in a rule right before asking for no rules suggestions but: Aside from just removing the gambling entirely and making Genshin into a normal not-MMO game that you don't pay a subscription to, what's the biggest thing you want changed?

Being able to replay story missions, a more varied base model library for them to use, character-specific language audio, something changes about the artifact system, higher ascension boss drops, remove men from the game entirely, etc.
Let me equip more tools on the wheel at once, let me get a double jump without having to run Kaz in every overworld team, let me hotswap elements for puzzles without opening the party setup menu.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think the game is really excellent. I do think artifact xp should be a part of daily commission rewards because getting to do a few artifact levels makes logging in much more fun and most players are not psycho enough to do artifact routes for two years. Also agree with gadget wheel.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

let me quickswap teams

gently caress

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Let us replay events. Both for the lore and also to get the weapons if we missed them. Otherwise weapon/artifact layouts, so for example I can pass around items without having to manually shuffle it if I swap teams/characters. Just have it throw up a warning if I'm trying to swap in two units who I have set to use the same layout.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Speaking of Hu Tao... I kinda regret rolling for her. Cause while she is very powerful, I hate her playstyle, especially the canceling that you need to do to get the most out of her. I'd only ever use her if I wanted to try and quickly kill something, and at this point, I have a lot of options to do that with other characters I've built..

Yoimiya might not be as meta, but she's so much more fun to use IMO.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

RareAcumen posted:

LET ME RECOVER MIDAIR. It's so obnoxious how the moment you go more than 2 inches off the ground you become a complete sitting duck, and I can't count how many times there was an enemy I didn't see who knocked me into the air and sent me flying off a cliff, or I just start getting loving comboed into oblivion and there's loving nothing I can do because apparently having a Vision is to air control as having a Devil Fruit is to swimming.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Eimi posted:

Let us replay events. Both for the lore and also to get the weapons if we missed them. Otherwise weapon/artifact layouts, so for example I can pass around items without having to manually shuffle it if I swap teams/characters. Just have it throw up a warning if I'm trying to swap in two units who I have set to use the same layout.

Yeah this.
Last gacha game I played was Another Eden which has ALL past events as part of the content. You get more gacha currency as bonuses if you play them as they come out but it's not compulsory.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

RareAcumen posted:

It would be nice if the traveler and Paimon could get a new outfit whenever they go into a new area. It was rather annoying to watch Ayaka offer to get the traveler a kimono only to have them steadfastly refuse.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

wtf!

My probably controversial view is that the game should have more main story content that makes greater use of the game's massive and pretty environments. I think part of why they're forced to make main story content short is that there's an expectation of being able to quickly complete it to gain access to stuff unlocked by said content. So ideally stuff wouldn't be gated behind main story content, and they could instead have more substance to the main narrative (which generally isn't very good). A related issue is the necessity of the main story constantly shifting focus to new characters as a result of the gacha system. It'd be neat if this game could pull off a story more like FF14's, but that requires more time with the characters and setting.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

RareAcumen posted:

1. Delete paimon.
2. Skip button for all cutscenes.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Dik Hz posted:

1. Delete paimon.
2. Skip button for all cutscenes.

To contrast, make the main character Paimon and force you to listen to all her lines.

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
Remove all player ICDs or give enemies ICDs. Being frozen over and over again by the Cryo-Whopperflower you made me fight in water is no fun if I can't inflict the same bullshit on enemies.

Edit: Make teleporting strip all shields from an enemy. I can deal with teleporting or shields but enemies that make heavy use of both feels passive aggressive. I'm talking about YOU oneiric euthymia.

Happy Underpants fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 23, 2022

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Haven’t really focused on farming artifacts yet, but I kept seeing the Venomous Vaccine or whatever 4pc being a must-have for Venti and Sucrose so I farmed up the missing piece I still needed.

In the process I had to swap out a decently statted Exile set for a slightly below average VV set (lost anemo dmg and a lot of EM/ER).

Is the boost from the VV 4 pc significant enough to bother pumping up a bunch of kinda meh artifacts or should I wait until I get better statted pieces?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Leathal posted:

Haven’t really focused on farming artifacts yet, but I kept seeing the Venomous Vaccine or whatever 4pc being a must-have for Venti and Sucrose so I farmed up the missing piece I still needed.

In the process I had to swap out a decently statted Exile set for a slightly below average VV set (lost anemo dmg and a lot of EM/ER).

Is the boost from the VV 4 pc significant enough to bother pumping up a bunch of kinda meh artifacts or should I wait until I get better statted pieces?

The personal +60% boost to swirl damage is not insanely game changing at low stat levels -- it's like 80 extra EM worth of damage which is less than you'd get from a single artifact.
The big deal though is the 40% resistance shred. Venti/sucrose is usually not even close to the highest damage character in your party, but the VV set lets them apply a debuff to increase anyone else's damage. So assuming you have someone else taking advantage of that reduced resistance, it's worth it even if the set brings venti/sucrose down to 0 damage.

A lot of enemies have base resistance above 0 too, and res shred is more significant against higher resistance enemies, so against a monster like a pyro whopperflower you are reducing pyro resistance from 75% to 35% which will make your pyro characters do 2.6x as much damage to them.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Leathal posted:

By pump up are you talking about taking like a purple to 12ish or going to 20 with a gold? I think the latter is a waste on something you know is trash, but also for most characters 5 pieces of gear with the right stats is gonna be of more benefit than a 4 piece bonus without any usable stats.
Also are they just like less ideal stats or something like you got +def and +geo dmg? Because it might be worth taking a small drop for the right set depending on what you're doing with a character. Like VV decreases damage resistance to whatever you're hitting them with, so if you're just using Venti or Sucrose to spread your elements and then swapping back to someone else primarily hitting for elemental damage you might still come out ahead.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
For a character's personal damage it's pretty much always the right choice to pick "right stats but the wrong set / only a 2-piece set" over "right set but the wrong stats".
But for support-oriented artifacts like VV on Venti or Tenacity on Kokomi, the point is to buff up another character's damage. So in those cases you actually do want to sacrifice the character's personal dps to ensure you get the set bonus.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Swirls don't crit, your VV can basically be anything as long as you have enough EM/ER. The point is just to shred and swap

e: having a ton of EM as primary is optimal course, but the other stats don't really matter

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

All of those things, and also: expand the party UI to show the characters' skill cooldowns and energy levels instead of just a tiny HP bar and "burst ready? yes/no".

Hell, I'll do it for you, Mihoyo. Pro bono. Call me.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Really not liking this archon quest where we possess some woman's friends and use them to gaslight her into believing in a cult so she'll exfiltrate classified information for us. Why was this plan A? Just tell her Nahida'll convert her post into tenure-track once this has all blown over.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

FractalSandwich posted:

All of those things, and also: expand the party UI to show the characters' skill cooldowns and energy levels instead of just a tiny HP bar and "burst ready? yes/no".

Hell, I'll do it for you, Mihoyo. Pro bono. Call me.
I'd settle for a buff display where you can actually tell the buffs apart and how much longer they'd last. Is that sword icon Noblesse Oblige? TTDS? Some character-specific thing? :iiam:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'd want item drops to multiply by 5 universally. Including artifacts, weapon materials and talent books.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Excelzior posted:

Swirls don't crit, your VV can basically be anything as long as you have enough EM/ER. The point is just to shred and swap

e: having a ton of EM as primary is optimal course, but the other stats don't really matter

Venti is kind of an exception, he can do well with standard ie, atk/anemo/crit setup and can even be better than full em. And that's certainly easier to farm than em, you'll get plenty of good standard pieces as you try and fail to get Sucrose anything at all with em main stat.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I stole all of Venti's artifacts for Jean/Sayu and he's running mostly level ~8 VV purples. Even like that he's still brokenly overpowered.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vargs posted:

I stole all of Venti's artifacts for Jean/Sayu and he's running mostly level ~8 VV purples. Even like that he's still brokenly overpowered.

Same, but for Heizou.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Karia posted:

Really not liking this archon quest where we possess some woman's friends and use them to gaslight her into believing in a cult so she'll exfiltrate classified information for us. Why was this plan A? Just tell her Nahida'll convert her post into tenure-track once this has all blown over.

That person was a piece of poo poo for helping starting and almost killing our friend soooo nah, gently caress that

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tae posted:

That person was a piece of poo poo for helping starting and almost killing our friend soooo nah, gently caress that

The Akademiya trapped you in an Inception-like bitcoin mining operation so they could harvest your dreams until you died. This is the first thing they did when you entered the city and put on an akasha terminal.

They can go gently caress themselves.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I'd want item drops to multiply by 5 universally. Including artifacts, weapon materials and talent books.

Oh yeah and also issue a 'Who gives a gently caress' decree on NPCs. Have Barbara around Mondstadt needing you to do a commission for her, stop shutting down quests because some tertiary NPC is somewhere else and can't be teleported over.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

Oh yeah and also issue a 'Who gives a gently caress' decree on NPCs. Have Barbara around Mondstadt needing you to do a commission for her, stop shutting down quests because some tertiary NPC is somewhere else and can't be teleported over.

Just the ability to put quests on pause or something would be a major improvement.

"Oh, you read this random tablet? You now have the quest in your log regardless of what you wanted, also you can't use coop or your teapot until you finish this arbitrary platforming-and-combat challenge. You cannot appeal this decision, git gud loser"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
What I want is some sort of rework for daily quests, like make everything involving talking not repeat, or at least moved to the back of some sort of queue.

Also either a fist weapon or another fist catalyst, one that doesn't kind of directly compete with Sucrose which is a competition nobody is going to win for me. Ideally cribbing some stuff from Honkai's Fu Hua and Carole.

Actually speaking of Honkai, bow users in that have a charge attack separate from their aim attack, and they should just add that to Genshin. It would make any sort of bow DPS way more fun. Also a crossover that somehow manages to reveal absolutely none of the connecting lore would be cool. Maybe Carole could be a punchy geo fist catalyst.

Also Xinyan buffs. And fixing the chest opening line where she counts down to a song and then nothing.

Also a properly comfy looking outfit for Sucrose. And hey why not, flat shoes option for everyone!

And either giving the Traveller proper dialogue trees or just quitting the weird "two options but they're obviously one thing in two balloons" thing.

And you know faster team switching easier material gathering another world level ect.