Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Firebert posted:

Runeterra doesn't even have good methods of pay to win. You can buy decks but they aren't even like super outrageously priced (like $17?). They also have event passes which have a bunch of champion capsules and chests in their reward track but they are insanely good value if you care about cosmetics at all, better than Hearthstone (well, until the recent Arclight event that lacks a lot of the cosmetics that past passes have had).

I don't think it's mentioned anywhere in game but you also get the equivalent of a full dust refund for battlepass reward cards you own duplicates of. I could craft like, full sets of the next several expansions at this point easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
lmao never stop "exploiting" I guess.

He had the same comp but worse.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I'll probably check out Marvel Snap but holy yikes at that monetization stuff. I'll give Brode credit for coming up with Hearthstone in the first place but the game got way better as soon as he left. I tried Runeterra but the gameplay didn't click with me, and it has the same middling art direction/presentation that plagues all of Riot's games.

I played a heap of Gwent when it was in beta and I still have a huge amount of its version of dust in my account but I haven't touched it for a couple of years at least. I should check back in on it. It plays differently to every other digital card game I've tried and it has by far the best art out of any of them (I think they said it an interview it takes them about 700 hours to produce one card).

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Toshimo posted:

Toshimo posted:

Only in slow, low MMR lobbies. When people actually learn to play, they often get punished out or people learn to play around it. It's a strong build, but that's in a field of strong builds.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Ramp druid feels bad again but naga priest is even more bullshit than ever. The urge to not give blizzard a hot cent is strong but i might actually buy the next battlepass if i keep enjoying the current meta as much as i am currently

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Toshimo posted:

You sold your friend, you loving monster

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I'm ready for ultimate chaos Battlegrounds; I want Buddies and Quests and Darkmoon Prizes all active at the same time.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

:allears:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Thank god it was a murloc-less lobby.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kalko posted:

I'll probably check out Marvel Snap but holy yikes at that monetization stuff. I'll give Brode credit for coming up with Hearthstone in the first place but the game got way better as soon as he left. I tried Runeterra but the gameplay didn't click with me, and it has the same middling art direction/presentation that plagues all of Riot's games.

I played a heap of Gwent when it was in beta and I still have a huge amount of its version of dust in my account but I haven't touched it for a couple of years at least. I should check back in on it. It plays differently to every other digital card game I've tried and it has by far the best art out of any of them (I think they said it an interview it takes them about 700 hours to produce one card).

From what I understand the Nexus events that Toshimo mentioned were already taken out of the game

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I tried it out and it's an extremely well designed mobile game, by which I mean it adheres perfectly to all of these tenets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNjI03CGkb4

Brode can make as many excuses as he likes about wanting to make a game without traditional deckbuilding but the primary motivation for the design of its progression/collection system is sheer naked greed. At least Hearthstone is old enough to still feel like it was created as a game first and then as a mobile title. Snap is the other way around, and I find it hard to F2P these kinds of games when every element of their design is so totally subordinate to the ideas mentioned in that video.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Yea turns out creating a game studio without gobs of capital means you're going to make garbo predatory games to keep the lights on. Unfortunate for them. Maybe game number two will be better.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I've been really enjoying Snap and it didn't feel too bad but i did just get to the point where progression for your card collection just suddenly gets cut in half and it's like.... ok, I see where this is going

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Yeah I uninstalled it this morning. Had the sudden realization that it's a lot of time/effort for nothing in particular, and I already have that covered in my life by Hearthstone lol.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
If people are interested in some more real-time chat, and things like links for new players, I've set up a discord: https://discord.gg/AjHKNsPZ

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

"This game is more predatory than even Hearthstone!"

My friends, was this your first mobile Marvel/Disney game?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Kalko posted:

I tried it out and it's an extremely well designed mobile game, by which I mean it adheres perfectly to all of these tenets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNjI03CGkb4

That video, ugh. I couldn't stop watching though.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
I've been playing big DH to try and work on the rez 50 demons achievement. I realize this is not the most efficient deck for this achievement but it is very silly. Especially when people dirty rat me.

### Custom Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Relic of Extinction
# 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 1x (3) Abyssal Depths
# 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
# 1x (4) Vanndar Stormpike
# 2x (5) All Fel Breaks Loose
# 2x (5) Relic of Dimensions
# 2x (5) Topple the Idol
# 2x (6) Fel Summoner
# 2x (7) Priestess of Fury
# 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
# 2x (8) Mo'arg Forgefiend
# 2x (9) Ancient Void Hound
# 2x (9) Pit Commander
#
AAEBAaerBAKnjQTysQQOg8cD18gD2NMD79UDivcDzPkDgIUEtp8EvsoEr94EsN4EquIEheUE6e0EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
So I'm coming back to this nonsense- I've got some decent decks but have a bunch of this wildseed stuff, including that legendary that got nerfed.

Is this stuff still good after the nerfs or should I dust it? Wouldn't mind two legendaries...

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

If something gets nerfed and you don’t need it immediately you should just dust it. Worst case it’s still good and you end up needing it again so you recraft it at no dust lost, or you don’t and use the dust for something else. In the meantime if you’re still actively opening packs you might open another copy to fill the collection gap without having to spend dust, rather than keep them and get dupes after the refund window expires that only dust for normal value.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Blasmeister posted:

If something gets nerfed and you don’t need it immediately you should just dust it. Worst case it’s still good and you end up needing it again so you recraft it at no dust lost, or you don’t and use the dust for something else. In the meantime if you’re still actively opening packs you might open another copy to fill the collection gap without having to spend dust, rather than keep them and get dupes after the refund window expires that only dust for normal value.

This makes a lot of sense, thanks! Now to go burn a bunch of dust on suboptimal deck lists!:buddy:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/ZeddyHS/status/1584258188018581504/photo/1

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

victorious posted:

Yeah I uninstalled it this morning. Had the sudden realization that it's a lot of time/effort for nothing in particular, and I already have that covered in my life by Hearthstone lol.

This same feeling struck me when I was playing it. If I didn't have the collection in HS from playing on and off since alpha I wonder if I would've bothered picking it up today.

I always cannibalize my old cards whenever they do a rotation so I can keep playing Standard too, because I've never had any interest in Wild.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Who could have imagined that a mechanic based on number of Minions killed would support most the Class that can create token Minions? :iiam:

(I don't know which I hate more - Brann existing at all, or I'm just bored of seeing games swung by Denathrius. In a vacuum, he's fine, but even if they live through him, you've probably tempo'd hard enough to win afterward.)

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
The only times Denathrius feels bad is when you play against Druid and they curve out into brann-denathrius-zola turn 18 (actually turn 5). But then you hosed up and rolled badly already and you can go next.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Boatswain posted:

The only times Denathrius feels bad is when you play against Druid and they curve out into brann-denathrius-zola turn 18 (actually turn 5). But then you hosed up and rolled badly already and you can go next.

I don't agree - He feels bad because so many games end up being decided by 'Who had him in hand on T10?', and neither player had any Agency in it after 'putting him in the deck'. You have a close game, you're both playing back & forth, both probably had him in deck but whoops never mind one side had him and the other didn't so the game is over now. He's rarely tutored (it's not like you see Taelan in decks with him) he's just an extra coin flip decision that undermines the rest of the experience. You've basically got a random buzzer next to the table that if it goes off on your turn, you win regardless of game state.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Thread complaining about druid when it isnt even close to being the best deck again :D

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Shockeh posted:

I don't agree - He feels bad because so many games end up being decided by 'Who had him in hand on T10?', and neither player had any Agency in it after 'putting him in the deck'. You have a close game, you're both playing back & forth, both probably had him in deck but whoops never mind one side had him and the other didn't so the game is over now. He's rarely tutored (it's not like you see Taelan in decks with him) he's just an extra coin flip decision that undermines the rest of the experience. You've basically got a random buzzer next to the table that if it goes off on your turn, you win regardless of game state.

Agree with basically all of this, but at the same time I've somehow played enough this month to hit legend again in standard and D5 in Wild so I can't be too angry about sire bs wins I guess

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Some absurd percentage of high win Arena decks have Denathrius and he is very unfun due to the way games are often drawn out and have a lot of minion trading.

You'll carve an edge gradually and then 'lol', die from hand, or board is flipped + full heal.

Although honestly a lot of the 'new' late game bombs are just super inappropriate for Arena because they are just back-breaking outside of Constructed.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I've become obsessed with boar priest. The only way I want to win from now on.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Anyone else having an issue where they're logging in to an unusable main screen where the only clickable options are the friend's list and options menu?

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 27, 2022

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I've not done constructed in years, but as I recall, I can get some end-of-month rewards for placing on the various ladders? Does each ladder give rewards or just 1 of them? Either way, for someone with no current cards to speak of, is there a cheap deck I can find through enough ranks to get some cards?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Toshimo posted:

I've not done constructed in years, but as I recall, I can get some end-of-month rewards for placing on the various ladders? Does each ladder give rewards or just 1 of them? Either way, for someone with no current cards to speak of, is there a cheap deck I can find through enough ranks to get some cards?

Nah the rewards are for the highest you’ve placed in any of the ladders so you can’t double dip

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Toshimo posted:

You only get one reward for the highest rank you've reached among all the ladders.

I also barely play ladder (usually just five games a week for the quest) but my experience recently has been that, at low ranks, it is hard to lose while playing aggressive druid. It is very cheap with nothing but common and rare cards in this build. Vicious Syndicate is my usual go to for meta analysis if you wanted to try to more seriously climb.

### Tiny Tiny Mans
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Druid of the Reef
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Living Roots
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Planted Evidence
# 2x (1) Sow the Soil
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Crooked Cook
# 2x (2) Jerry Rig Carpenter
# 2x (2) Mark of the Wild
# 2x (2) Thorngrowth Sentries
# 2x (3) Herald of Nature
# 2x (4) Pride's Fury
#
AAECAaa4AwAPrewDs+wD7PUD9PYDrIAEsIAEh58E4aQEiLIErsAEqM4EgdQEntQE1t4E3e0EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
You should easily be able to reach rank 5 diamond with this deck, commonly referred to as dad legend, because going to actual legend requires an increasing amount of effort, and all you get is an extra pack.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23852693/patch-24-6-preview

Patch preview stream next Monday Tuesday. Pack's for catching 15 minutes of it. I don't think I've looked at the new player decks since they first launched those, but that change is kind of insane

When Pigs Cry fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 28, 2022

kater
Nov 16, 2010

are there any good battlecrys that make brann playable in battlegrounds? like at all at all.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

will murkeye trigger brann? i guess that looks okay enough if so, but its already a popular niche and also theres no early game morluc battlecries so you are gonna either take forever or be doing something else and transition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Brann is only good with Murlocs, yes. If you get the “Trigger 2 battlecries at the end of your turn” quest you can maybe make it work with Demons if you’re lucky