Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's also deeply funny that someone who considers themselves a cspam poster will immediately start going "but what they're doing is against the rules! why won't the mods do something!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Riot Bimbo posted:

I don't have the slightest desire to delineate this beyond the basic, but it warrants some effort, and I earnestly find it frustrating, if also really kind of darkly funny.

There's a thread of people who mostly just post about goon drama endlessly, hyping themselves and their lurkers up into taking action, sanctioned and not, in the exact same way helldump and ED used to, against their subjects of discussion. It's specifically permissible in this case, because tradition (???), and they incidentally, accidentally found a justification that works for an admin. Sometimes that happens, but it doesn't even seem to matter.

but like, the behavior itself is specifically not allowed??? like jeffrey seriously if CSPAM made a thread that functions the same way the PYF drama thread does, every active participant would be banned or long-probed and the thread gassed faster than that PYF thread can huff its own self righteous farts into actionable histrionics.

Whatever man, do what you have to about plinkey. I feel like you should acknowledge this was a bunch of isolate goons kicking poo poo up in a subforum they largely don't post in, and do something about it, though.

it’s worth noting that posting about current drama after 2021 is discouraged and discussion of cspam is also specifically proscribed, so you can be punished for posting there if you piss off the wrong person

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
My favorite forums drama was when SPR tried to start one last fight in the Covid thread about how “not everyone can get masks like you freaks. They aren’t available here!” Then a bunch of people earnest were trying to help source things and she ran away because it was never actually about being able to get masks or not vs starting poo poo.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shiroc posted:

My favorite forums drama was when SPR tried to start one last fight in the Covid thread about how “not everyone can get masks like you freaks. They aren’t available here!” Then a bunch of people earnest were trying to help source things and she ran away because it was never actually about being able to get masks or not vs starting poo poo.

A bunch of people were really helpful and I got some good masks with their assistance? I still got covid later on but I'd had all my vaccines by then

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
we should kill spr

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

we should kill spr

Now THIS is goon charity

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

some plague rats posted:

It's also deeply funny that someone who considers themselves a cspam poster will immediately start going "but what they're doing is against the rules! why won't the mods do something!"

maybe you have an idea about what community means that doesn't actually map onto anything real, much less what that poster thinks, and you are largely posting to justify your own poo poo behavior??? I mean I never was aware of you until you came riding in to justify all of this so to be fair it's largely been adversarial interaction but hey

Shiroc posted:

seems like that's pretty normal for you

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

some plague rats posted:

A bunch of people were really helpful and I got some good masks with their assistance? I still got covid later on but I'd had all my vaccines by then

I’m happy to be wrong then and see a rare post from you that isn’t complaining about other people.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Well, for what it's worth, I am doing this to address my own concerns more than anyone else's. I run this site and I don't want to leave a gap whereby its members can be taken advantage of, even if I do not believe that they are. The steps I'm asking for are not serious structural changes and I'm not asking the fund to halt operations or do anything disruptive. They are, in fact, extremely basic and likely to make this easier, and not more difficult to run.

I certainly don't appreciate the fan fiction people have written about Plinkey over the last week. It is obnoxious that people are trying to get epic burns on the people who support this charity and I'm sorry my post inspired more of that, but core issue there is real and I want to see it corrected.

what salary are you offering plinkey to do all the extra work you seem to think he owes you?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Javid posted:

what salary are you offering plinkey to do all the extra work you seem to think he owes you?

$3/k a month, it's more than I get!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Javid posted:

bro come on

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

At least have Jeff pay us first (the mods)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shiroc posted:

I’m happy to be wrong then and see a rare post from you that isn’t complaining about other people.

Yeah I was intensely frustrated with the covid response locally and how obtuse everything was, there are people posting there who were genuinely helpful, among the shrieking paranoid astronaut types

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I get hazard pay for modding the drama thread, owned scrub

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

we should kill spr

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

You are one of the most deranged and delusional people currently posting on these forums so perhaps it is you instead who should gently caress off.

And no before you get in a tizzy about it I'm not a CIA operative sorry.

Tism the Dragon Bickerer

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

some plague rats posted:

Yeah I was intensely frustrated with the covid response locally and how obtuse everything was, there are people posting there who were genuinely helpful, among the shrieking paranoid astronaut types

Ah drat, couldn’t go for two before reverting to form as a miserable rear end in a top hat

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I don't understand how accountability is going to stop people from getting the help they ask for. :shrug:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Okay, everyone who I 6ered consider yourselves on notice in this thread. It's pretty clear none of you have any interest in anything but starting poo poo in here and are just piggybacking on the calls for accountability. You've got a wholeass thread where you can discuss drama to your heart's content, post about the goonfund in there, not here.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
hello, i am exceedingly pissed off about something that i am not involved with in the least, and that in even the absolute worst case still helps people. mainly what i'm angry about is that someone from a forum that i hate is doing something good

i'd like to screech about this for a while, and maybe poo poo and piss myself while i'm throwing my tantrum. is this the right thread for that

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm just here for the free coffee

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Foo Diddley posted:

hello, i am exceedingly pissed off about something that i am not involved with in the least, and that in even the absolute worst case still helps people. mainly what i'm angry about is that someone from a forum that i hate is doing something good

i'd like to screech about this for a while, and maybe poo poo and piss myself while i'm throwing my tantrum. is this the right thread for that

if we could also stop this kind of thing on the other side, I would appreciate it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

some plague rats posted:

I think this is mildly funny because you ignored the advice of the "paranoid astronaut types" and then got COVID. I wonder how many of the people who told you to wear a better mask have gotten COVID since then.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I think this is mildly funny because you ignored the advice of the "paranoid astronaut types" and then got COVID. I wonder how many of the people who told you to wear a better mask have gotten COVID since then.

most people have jobs that don't let them be paranoid astronauts 24/7 and all we can do is limit exposure to covid, not eliminate it

you should be happy, you'll inherit the earth once we've all died of the 'airborne aids' or whatever you call it now

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

and now the reaping

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
$

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ArfJason posted:

Money now

Please, the man is dying (for money)

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Riot Bimbo posted:

but like, the behavior itself is specifically not allowed??? like jeffrey seriously if CSPAM made a thread that functions the same way the PYF drama thread does, every active participant would be banned or long-probed and the thread gassed faster than that PYF thread can huff its own self righteous farts into actionable histrionics.
That's literally the purpose of the succ thread and how long did it take for sexpig to be banned?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

get this man his bag

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Arguments with those people won't work because they are incapable of considering their own behaviors lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ME, SOON

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

much respect playa ⌚ 💎.... get that chedda 🧀

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

NeatHeteroDude posted:

https://y.yarn.co/02450333-4ff5-425e-935d-6b0ae7493006.mp4

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

and the cycle is complete

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Y'all would have to do something to deserve pay first :wink:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

YOU CAN'T JUST LOVE US AND LEAVE US IN THE CLIMATE THREAD YOU loving CHEATER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongmaster
Oct 16, 2022

by Azathoth
i need money for weed