Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

I think burns is probably worth a first rounder +, but not sure I buy multiple firsts

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1584123350619521024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

cheesetriangles posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1584131857083666432?s=20&t=eAUGlpZjxOqUyiuSdHEB7A

This is a mistake, you can't pull the hot hand for a dude that was doing poo poo well before he got hurt.
What will be funnier is if the Pats lose because of Jones and it starts up a QB controversy in New England. :allears:

Legit :lmao: yo.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It’s hilarious how quickly the conversation around Mac Jones shifted.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I guess this doesn’t mean they’re actively shopping but teams are seeing blood in the water. Not great after buying a $250m QB.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1584142374535835648

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m not sure I buy that, based on the teams that were reportedly involved.

Maybe the rams but it seems to me their main target would be offensive line, and they don’t have firsts until like 2027.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wonder who offered two firsts for Burns. Kinda shocked they didn’t sell him off high - going to need to solidify that franchise QB status and those picks go an awful long way towards the inevitable Carolina insider claim that they’re trading for Lamar Jackson

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Schefter does PR drops. If it existed at all it was likely a 2024 1st and a conditional 2025 that could become a 1st.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1584131857083666432?s=20&t=eAUGlpZjxOqUyiuSdHEB7A

This is a mistake, you can't pull the hot hand for a dude that was doing poo poo well before he got hurt.

Lmao he's playing the bears, you could put Steve belichick behind center and they'd be fine.

Plus bill is going for maximum psychological destruction of bears fans by forcing them to watch mccorkle absolutely outplay fields.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The 2022 Seahawks:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Schefter does PR drops. If it existed at all it was likely a 2024 1st and a conditional 2025 that could become a 1st.

I mean what would be the point, you hope to scare teams into offering 3 firsts?

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Any Canada goons got a discount on DAZN? It had solid NFL coverage and in French too

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean what would be the point, you hope to scare teams into offering 3 firsts?
Or it’s a team competing with the Rams or Eagles and wants to scare them off pursuing a trade? I dunno. It’s a super vague report.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1584176564605837313

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
If bill continues the thing where he's actually designing plays to make life easy for his quarterback that he did for bailey they'll win easy but if he lets them regress to "he's a big boy and a first round pick he'll figure it out" they could catch a common L

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diva Cupcake posted:

Or it’s a team competing with the Rams or Eagles and wants to scare them off pursuing a trade? I dunno. It’s a super vague report.
I could see it being a team considered a super bowl contender and thus the firsts would be really late 20s but the Panthers dont want to trade to them, or dont want late firsts? In any case yes, I agree its super vague.

edit: lol, or the Rams offering 2024 and 2025 lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He’s played well.

https://twitter.com/stevereedap/status/1584184125103411200?s=46&t=1QsoS9vVMbRdOl_TqZFl9w

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Phobeste posted:

If bill continues the thing where he's actually designing plays to make life easy for his quarterback that he did for bailey they'll win easy but if he lets them regress to "he's a big boy and a first round pick he'll figure it out" they could catch a common L

he's not losing to the literal bears

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

FizFashizzle posted:

I’m not sure I buy that, based on the teams that were reportedly involved.

Maybe the rams but it seems to me their main target would be offensive line, and they don’t have firsts until like 2027.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Rams offered their 2024 and 2025 firsts. The beat writer for the Rams at the Athletic said they were looking at Burns as a long term defensive guy to build around as Donald and Ramsey age. They will probably go after Chubb now.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Rams offered their 2024 and 2025 firsts. The beat writer for the Rams at the Athletic said they were looking at Burns as a long term defensive guy to build around as Donald and Ramsey age. They will probably go after Chubb now.

Rodrigue?

She’d know; she came from Carolina.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

:actually: at the time of that tweet, it was technically WHO DEY:35.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No one offered two firsts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

If he does he's definitely getting benched for Zappe. This is the perfect trap game to test who's the real QB going forward there

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It was me. I was the one who offered two first round picks for Brian Burns.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

DariusLikewise posted:

Have the Rams considered using those two firsts to draft long term defensive guys instead of trading for and extending one. Just a thought

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No one except Mega64 offered two first round picks.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

R.D. Mangles posted:

Thought excercise: if the Bears are the literal Bears, which team is the figurative Bears? I feel like it's the Steelers this year but that could just be the Trubisky connection.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Quiet Feet posted:

Thought excercise: if the Bears are the literal Bears, which team is the figurative Bears? I feel like it's the Steelers this year but that could just be the Trubisky connection.

it's us, op, we are the figurative bears

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

since he went to new england, bill belichick has only lost to the bears once-- in his first season in 2000.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

R.D. Mangles posted:

since he went to new england, bill belichick has only lost to the bears once-- in his first season in 2000.

We've had a chance here to spend some time looking at the Bears. This is a pretty impressive group and really a young team that you can see getting better all the time. Coach [Matt Eberflus] has done a really good job here with installing his system and I think adapting to the personnel that they have there. Obviously, getting a lot of young players involved. It's one of the youngest teams in the league. Offensively, [Justin] Fields is a major threat every time he touches the ball, very athletic kid. [Darnell] Mooney is really an outstanding receiver. He's had a ton of production and I can see why. He's very good at everything, plays multiple positions. In the slot a lot, but they'll move him around and he's had a ton of production. Then, of course the backs, [Khalil] Herbert and [David] Montgomery are very good. This running game is right there with Cleveland. I mean they literally have about the same exact amount of yardage. I think [Khalil] Herbert is leading the league in yards per carry. They're very hard to tackle. They do a real good job with their running game and the play action game as well. A lot of explosive plays. Lead the league in yards per pass attempt. They've hit some big plays. Some of those are catch-and-run plays and then when you add on [Justin] Fields' scrambles, which might count as running plays in the stats, but they're actually passing plays, in terms of having to defend them. They're really a lot of explosive plays there that are a problem. Young offensive line, talented offensive line, two young tackles. But, really the backs, [Darnell] Mooney, [Justin] Fields, guys that can really score on any play. A good group of tight ends that they use in there, so they give us multiple formations and personnel groups. Special teams is another young group, core group of players. [DeAndre] Houston-Carson is really one of the better coverage players that we'll see all year. [Velus] Jones [Jr.], the rookie, has been great for them and [Josh] Blackwell is very fast. They have a lot of team speed. [Dane] Cruikshank, and some of their linebackers, which those guys run well too. It's really a good group. One of the better groups that we've played. [Cairo] Santos, really solid kicker, veteran guy. Just hits the ball straight through, very consistent. The skills, got a big leg, punter's got a big leg. He [Trenton Gill] whacks it down there pretty good. So, they can change field position, especially with their fast coverage players, the three guys I mentioned there. They've done an excellent job of creating good field position for their defense. [Velus] Jones [Jr.] in the return game, strong, explosive guy. We spent a lot of time on him. Really dangerous with the ball in his hands. Then [Dante] Pettis and [Trestan] Ebner, Ebner on the kickoff returns, another fast guy. Plays really in all their special teams. [Dante] Pettis, an experienced guy back there, they use him some on punt returns. But, it's a good special teams unit, very sound, good players and a lot of tough matchups there for us. Defensively, Matt's [Eberflus] obviously brought his very successful system from Indianapolis with him. In Indy, they led the league in turnovers for four straight years. Forced a lot of fumbles. They're very disruptive on the ball. Ball security is going to be a big issue. They've got a lot of outstanding players. They're hard to block on the front. Obviously, [Robert] Quinn is one of the great defensive linemen in this era. I mean, his numbers are ridiculous and whatever it was last year, 17, 18 sacks. This guy is a major disruptive force on the edge. The two linebackers, [Roquan] Smith and [Nicholas] Morrow make a ton of tackles. Obviously, [Roquan] Smith leading the league in tackles. Been at the top of the league almost every year. He's very hard to block and a very good tackler from sideline to sideline. He's got a lot of range, very instinctive, gets off blocks well, obviously finds the ball and really is just a tackling machine. [Eddie] Jackson's been a guy we've played against before that always is around the ball. Very instinctive player at the safety position. He does some different things, but he's around the ball. Kind of quarterbacks the secondary back there. Makes a lot of plays, makes a lot of big plays, turnovers, returns for touchdowns and stuff like that. That's kind of his play making style back there. That's a problem. Coach Eberflus has really done a good job. I mean, in the second half, they're the best defensive team in the second half of games in the league. Haven't given up much of anything here in six games. I think they're under seven points a game in the second half, or something like that. You watch them play in the second half and seems like as they gain confidence, figure out what the offense is doing, make some adjustments, they've been able to really shut almost everybody down. That's obviously a big concern for us as well. Young players, guys that we don't know very well, that have already jumped in and made a big impact for them, first and second year players. Guys like [Darnell] Mooney, [Kyler] Gordon on defense, [Velus] Jones [Jr.] in the kicking game, [Trenton] Gill in the kicking game, players like that. Then obviously, there's a few guys, [Cairo] Santos and certainly [Robert] Quinn, guys like that, Roquan Smith, that have been around for a while, that are good players as well and have had good careers. We'll again get to work on these guys from a schematic standpoint and get to know them from a personnel standpoint, but we've got a lot of work to do. They've had some time here and talked about some of the things that they're going to change or do differently or whatever, so we'll have to be prepared for maybe something that we haven't seen from them, whatever adjustments Coach Eberflus and his staff decide to make. Need a good week of preparation here and be ready to go Monday night.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Phobeste posted:

We've had a chance here to spend some time looking at the Bears. This is a pretty impressive group and really a young team that you can see getting better all the time. Coach [Matt Eberflus] has done a really good job here with installing his system and I think adapting to the personnel that they have there. Obviously, getting a lot of young players involved. It's one of the youngest teams in the league. Offensively, [Justin] Fields is a major threat every time he touches the ball, very athletic kid. [Darnell] Mooney is really an outstanding receiver. He's had a ton of production and I can see why. He's very good at everything, plays multiple positions. In the slot a lot, but they'll move him around and he's had a ton of production. Then, of course the backs, [Khalil] Herbert and [David] Montgomery are very good. This running game is right there with Cleveland. I mean they literally have about the same exact amount of yardage. I think [Khalil] Herbert is leading the league in yards per carry. They're very hard to tackle. They do a real good job with their running game and the play action game as well. A lot of explosive plays. Lead the league in yards per pass attempt. They've hit some big plays. Some of those are catch-and-run plays and then when you add on [Justin] Fields' scrambles, which might count as running plays in the stats, but they're actually passing plays, in terms of having to defend them. They're really a lot of explosive plays there that are a problem. Young offensive line, talented offensive line, two young tackles. But, really the backs, [Darnell] Mooney, [Justin] Fields, guys that can really score on any play. A good group of tight ends that they use in there, so they give us multiple formations and personnel groups. Special teams is another young group, core group of players. [DeAndre] Houston-Carson is really one of the better coverage players that we'll see all year. [Velus] Jones [Jr.], the rookie, has been great for them and [Josh] Blackwell is very fast. They have a lot of team speed. [Dane] Cruikshank, and some of their linebackers, which those guys run well too. It's really a good group. One of the better groups that we've played. [Cairo] Santos, really solid kicker, veteran guy. Just hits the ball straight through, very consistent. The skills, got a big leg, punter's got a big leg. He [Trenton Gill] whacks it down there pretty good. So, they can change field position, especially with their fast coverage players, the three guys I mentioned there. They've done an excellent job of creating good field position for their defense. [Velus] Jones [Jr.] in the return game, strong, explosive guy. We spent a lot of time on him. Really dangerous with the ball in his hands. Then [Dante] Pettis and [Trestan] Ebner, Ebner on the kickoff returns, another fast guy. Plays really in all their special teams. [Dante] Pettis, an experienced guy back there, they use him some on punt returns. But, it's a good special teams unit, very sound, good players and a lot of tough matchups there for us. Defensively, Matt's [Eberflus] obviously brought his very successful system from Indianapolis with him. In Indy, they led the league in turnovers for four straight years. Forced a lot of fumbles. They're very disruptive on the ball. Ball security is going to be a big issue. They've got a lot of outstanding players. They're hard to block on the front. Obviously, [Robert] Quinn is one of the great defensive linemen in this era. I mean, his numbers are ridiculous and whatever it was last year, 17, 18 sacks. This guy is a major disruptive force on the edge. The two linebackers, [Roquan] Smith and [Nicholas] Morrow make a ton of tackles. Obviously, [Roquan] Smith leading the league in tackles. Been at the top of the league almost every year. He's very hard to block and a very good tackler from sideline to sideline. He's got a lot of range, very instinctive, gets off blocks well, obviously finds the ball and really is just a tackling machine. [Eddie] Jackson's been a guy we've played against before that always is around the ball. Very instinctive player at the safety position. He does some different things, but he's around the ball. Kind of quarterbacks the secondary back there. Makes a lot of plays, makes a lot of big plays, turnovers, returns for touchdowns and stuff like that. That's kind of his play making style back there. That's a problem. Coach Eberflus has really done a good job. I mean, in the second half, they're the best defensive team in the second half of games in the league. Haven't given up much of anything here in six games. I think they're under seven points a game in the second half, or something like that. You watch them play in the second half and seems like as they gain confidence, figure out what the offense is doing, make some adjustments, they've been able to really shut almost everybody down. That's obviously a big concern for us as well. Young players, guys that we don't know very well, that have already jumped in and made a big impact for them, first and second year players. Guys like [Darnell] Mooney, [Kyler] Gordon on defense, [Velus] Jones [Jr.] in the kicking game, [Trenton] Gill in the kicking game, players like that. Then obviously, there's a few guys, [Cairo] Santos and certainly [Robert] Quinn, guys like that, Roquan Smith, that have been around for a while, that are good players as well and have had good careers. We'll again get to work on these guys from a schematic standpoint and get to know them from a personnel standpoint, but we've got a lot of work to do. They've had some time here and talked about some of the things that they're going to change or do differently or whatever, so we'll have to be prepared for maybe something that we haven't seen from them, whatever adjustments Coach Eberflus and his staff decide to make. Need a good week of preparation here and be ready to go Monday night.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Phobeste posted:

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Phobeste posted:

New thread title.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
I'm still in the Boston area so games don't start until 1pm instead of 10am like I'm used to on the West Coast.

Views:
Gonna see my 2nd cousin's hockey game in Everett, MA instead of watching football anyway.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Maybe the real figurative bears were the friends we made along the way

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Phobeste posted:

tldr

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

today we are all da bears

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The best Pats/Bears game was in Chicago in 2010 when it was a blizzard and the Pats were already up by like 30 to 0 with 5 seconds to go the in the first half with the ball at their own 40ish and on that last play Brady threw a bomb to Deion Branch for a TD.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Phobeste posted:

uh-huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's amazing whenever I see anyone have any kind of opinion on the Bears. I've been thinking that since I saw an opinion article in Chicago about Rick Mirer and was like who cares the whole thing is destined to fail.

That's been my Bears outlook ever since and nothing has changed.