Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I'd like to be able to hold more condensed resin. Even if the cap was eight that'd be alright, instead of being 1 1/4 days worth. Also, just let me used condensed resin on boss drops. They still come out of a drat flower, and it's still 40 resin; there's no reason to punish me for rubbing resin on a crystalfly's corpse and then remembering I wanted to kill a robot or flower or whatever.

It'd also be nice if they increased the number of half-cost world bosses per week, since a) the number of bosses keeps increasing, and b) using 90 resin in a day is rather awkward, considering how much everything else costs.

A skip dialogue button would be nice, too. I don't care that hilchurls used your fancy clothes as a tent or whatever, and I'm not going to care no matter how many times you tell me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Letting the Traveler be their own voiced character since they obviously have their own personality instead of this weird ineffectual half-measure would be really big for me.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
It's weird how the the Traveler and their backstory/abilities is almost as much of a load-bearing mystery the plot relies on as it does the mysteries of the Ley Lines, Celestia and the gods, The Abyss Order and the Twin and whatnot.

Traveler and Paimon are supposed to be our surrogates to witnessing Teyvat's general weirdness, but they have so many important mysteries to them as well we can't really project on them as much as we would normally be expected to.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well it's simple Paimon is a lost Seelie child or something and the Traveller is an intergalactic hobo like Roger Wilco from the old Space Quest games only with a sword instead of a golden mop.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Give Zhongli 8 more idle dialogue lines and drop Osmanthus Wine down to 1% chance to trigger

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Tree Reformat posted:

It's weird how the the Traveler and their backstory/abilities is almost as much of a load-bearing mystery the plot relies on as it does the mysteries of the Ley Lines, Celestia and the gods, The Abyss Order and the Twin and whatnot.

Traveler and Paimon are supposed to be our surrogates to witnessing Teyvat's general weirdness, but they have so many important mysteries to them as well we can't really project on them as much as we would normally be expected to.

Paimon is an ancient smartphone with built in voice commands/Siri and the traveller is on a multidimensional gap year and knows there’ll be hell to pay if they go back home and they lost their sibling.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I don't have a solution in mind, but I want it to be less of a pain in the rear end to field a new team. I played for a while back when there was just Mondstadt and Liyue, and got my main team pretty high level with decent artifacts because there was nothing better to do.

Then I took a big break and came back later and there's a ton of stuff I haven't done. I also have a bunch of new characters who might be fun, but to get them anything like as effective as my old team I'd have to collect 2231324 random flowers in the overworld and spend ages farming world bosses and domains instead of actually doing exploration or quests.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Lol the English stream has Nahida but the Japanese stream has Paimon in her spot just hamming it up. Even in the stream Paimon does like 75% of the talking. :lol:

Kale fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 23, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Livestream! First code:
6SP942Z3XVWH

Second code:
KS6QL3YJFCWM

Third:
GS6RLKGKWUER

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Oct 23, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

Fucks loving sake I have stupid loving work today by surprise and am probably going to miss getting the 2nd and 3rd code in cause I can't remember my login details to do it remotely this time since I basically always work no matter what when theres a stream and they make it tight as fuckkng as poo poo to redeem it.

Must be really loving nice for all those streamers that say they never have anything to do and sit around and bitch about the game all day but get to watch the livestream and bitch about that too :lol:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the codes'll work until tomorrow, just do it tonight

e: forgot mihoyo's definition of "tommorrow" woops :ohdear:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Yeah at high WLs it sucks to pull a new character you haven't preplanned/prefarmed for if you want to actually use that character. You have to take them to ~ 70 or 80 and bump at least their primary talent to ~ 7 or 8 so they're not an active detriment to your team. And that's not even counting their specific needed artifact set with weird mainstats (er, em, hp) like have been needed lately, which you're not likely to have prefamred because weird mainstat.

At the very least we need the option to burn azoth dust to convert all material/resource types, not just the stupid gems. While we're at it, let me convert ANY boss mat to ANY OTHER boss mat. MHY plz.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

loving :lol: Yoimiya is running opposite of Nahida on the next banner. Maybe someday I'll be able to get her when she isn't running directly opposite or right before an archon banner, it's like Mihoyo doesn't want people to have her.

(Second banner is Yae+Childe, this is the one that has Layla.)

Kale
May 14, 2010

For some reason I thought the card game was this patch. Now wondering why Yae is even in this one since I thought that was her thing. Being unable to actually watch the rest of the stream for the next 8 hours or so I guess it'll be a surprise assuming they include the event teaser

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The events they put in the patch trailer look far more interesting than a card game, so that's good.

Excelzior posted:

the codes'll work until tomorrow, just do it tonight

e: forgot mihoyo's definition of "tommorrow" woops :ohdear:

Yeah you only get about 12 hours or so.

What's weird to me is that the japanese twitter account actually says "here's the codes, here's the website," and the english one just sorta pretends none of that exists.

They even put in cool pictures in the tweet, which i'm going to link in case someone reading this is a psycho about spoilers.

Incidentally, according to those pictures, those codes are good until midnight on the 24th eastern time, so that's a bit more than 12 hours, I suppose.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

so..Miko and Childe 2nd half..

yeah easy skip, gonna wait for scaramouche in 3.3 (and/or Raiden??)

e: not trashing Miko, she's fine, but I need to save up for the later patches more than I need her turrets atm

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 23, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Seems way too soon to be running Yoimiya again. But I guess that's the point. If they took someone who hasn't been around for a while and really does need a rerun, and put them directly against a new archon, that would just be mean. Is this basically implicit confirmation that there's always going to be two character banners at a time from now on, then?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theres also an event that has Yoimiya and Childe as characters during this patch cycle so its understandable why they're there.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
How's Childe at hydro application while he's being a mad DPS lad? I missed out on Kokomi (in hindsight, I suppose I could have gotten her and still more or less guaranteed Nahida, but eh), and after I burn my guarantee on Nahida I'll probably have about 140~ or so pulls left when Childe's banner goes up, assuming I don't want to try for any of the first 4*s.

Normally I'd just pass for Raiden or Scaramouche... but I have all the electro 4*s except Baidou as well as Keqing, but for Hydro I only have the launch 4*s. Really limits my hyperbloom options, you know?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Childe has really good hydro application but only when on field, kinda like Ayato. So for a while he basically only had one team cus there wasn't much demand for that niche (international / vape with xiangling).
The international team is still great but you can probably use him for a hyperbloom team with kuki or fischl now too.

Unlike Ayato his burst is just one big single hit so Childe is pretty good at damage-per-screenshot competitions. But basically he gets that one super chunky reverse-vape hit in and then settles in to being an enabler for the rest of the rotation, he's not the majority of his team's damage.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 23, 2022

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Asimo posted:

loving :lol: Yoimiya is running opposite of Nahida on the next banner. Maybe someday I'll be able to get her when she isn't running directly opposite or right before an archon banner, it's like Mihoyo doesn't want people to have her.

(Second banner is Yae+Childe, this is the one that has Layla.)

I’m one of the rubes excited that Yoimiya is alongside Nahida because of the win/win weapon banner. It was the same with Venti/Cyno, although I still have no clue why Elegy is good at all.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yoimiya is confirmed to be the most cursed woman in Teyvat. Also extremely disappointed that Layla is banner two because I really wanted her. Yae is really cool and I don't have her but the problem with that is Raiden is right after and I need Raiden.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Need...more...primos...

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

Yoimiya is confirmed to be the most cursed woman in Teyvat. Also extremely disappointed that Layla is banner two because I really wanted her. Yae is really cool and I don't have her but the problem with that is Raiden is right after and I need Raiden.
Under normal circumstances, it might be worth the risk, but I definitely wouldn't trust Miko not to show up when you least want to see her. That would be so like her.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Childe doesn't interest me and I already have Yae so I'm blowing it all on Nahida and Yoimiya. Got a guarantee on Nahida, and Yoimiya always seemed fun but came along at super awkward times before.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FractalSandwich posted:

Under normal circumstances, it might be worth the risk, but I definitely wouldn't trust Miko not to show up when you least want to see her. That would be so like her.

I mean if Miko showed up in 20-30 pulls does that really count as trolling? I'd be happy.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
gently caress I got another skyward spine at 82 pity on the standard banner. So many things I would have loved to get just not Qiqi and not the Skyward Spine. 2/16 possible drops :argh:

Vacuum doesn't work with Raiden. A refinement gives +2% crit rate :( I'm probably going to refine it, too much mora to upgrade a lovely spear no one else needs. I think my XL has better DPS using The Catch because it gives more ER and more crit rate which she needs.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You think correctly.

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

Eimi posted:

I mean if Miko showed up in 20-30 pulls does that really count as trolling? I'd be happy.
I got her in 17 without particularly wanting to, and found out that I get nauseous from her effects if I use her ult. Although I've actually been using her a bit recently, since she's one of the better characters in a slot for some of the Aggravate teams I've been running even without being able to use her full potential.

Gallipoli
Apr 27, 2004

Not the Italian city. No one cares about the Italian city.

Tree Reformat posted:

How's Childe at hydro application while he's being a mad DPS lad? I missed out on Kokomi (in hindsight, I suppose I could have gotten her and still more or less guaranteed Nahida, but eh), and after I burn my guarantee on Nahida I'll probably have about 140~ or so pulls left when Childe's banner goes up, assuming I don't want to try for any of the first 4*s.

Normally I'd just pass for Raiden or Scaramouche... but I have all the electro 4*s except Baidou as well as Keqing, but for Hydro I only have the launch 4*s. Really limits my hyperbloom options, you know?

Childe is a top-tier Hydro enabler and is the best pick for what is still one of the best groups in the game (International). Ayato is good, but lacks the frontloaded damage. Kokomi doesn't have sufficient AE Hydro application to keep vaping. Nilou is built for completely different teams.

As usual it depends on your account. If getting Childe frees up your XQ, that is likely going to be worth it if you are trying to build good hyperbloom teams (because XQ is excellent generally and exceptionally good with Dendro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNVswydgMr4).

But it's not going to be a very super-valuable pull if you have Ayato or Yelan.

Gameplay-wise, I like Childe. With enough practice, you get the feel for his Skill timing and can group+explode enemies in the overworld. The Burst is both good for, as mentioned above, damage-per-screenshot. But it's also genuinely good if you (1) just want to cut an entire screen in half and (2) obliterate a weaker abyss wave while preserving your XL Burst for the next one.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Thanks for the advice on the VV set. I’m really starting to hit the gatcha limitations now that I’m AR 45 so it’s nice to not have to worry about pumping up another set atm. Kinda wild how I absolutely never had to worry about books and artifact xp until hitting the mid-40s and then suddenly I’m always out of everything. :negative:

Coolness Averted posted:

Also are they just like less ideal stats or something like you got +def and +geo dmg? Because it might be worth taking a small drop for the right set depending on what you're doing with a character. Like VV decreases damage resistance to whatever you're hitting them with, so if you're just using Venti or Sucrose to spread your elements and then swapping back to someone else primarily hitting for elemental damage you might still come out ahead.

Eh from memory it’s just less than ideal main stats and probably 50% of the sub stats are poop.

So just to confirm: with Bennett/Xiangling/XQ and Sucrose/Venti with 4pc VV the order is Benny burst into anemo burst into Pyronado into XQ? Sucrose is running r5 Tales so I assume she always goes right before Xiangling but does that order change up with Venti (running Stringless r1)?

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Karia posted:

Really not liking this archon quest where we possess some woman's friends and use them to gaslight her into believing in a cult so she'll exfiltrate classified information for us. Why was this plan A? Just tell her Nahida'll convert her post into tenure-track once this has all blown over.

I also did not like the ethical implications but your alternative solution would not fly because there's a good chance she has no idea who Nahida is and definitely doesn't have enough reason to act on such a promise (she cooperated with the Akademiya to this point already /because/ her spot was too cushy)

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

My Childe sucks and idk how to make him good

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I have C6 Yae and Childe... and I really want Layla... why would they do this to me :negative:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Xun posted:

My Childe sucks and idk how to make him good

I'm in the same boat. He feels very lack luster even in a good set up compared to my other 5 stars. I have a really good 4 piece HoD set (ungodly hours farming ayaka/ganyu artifacts) yet his strongest suit (damage against multiple enemies) feel lack luster because he eliminates them in a flash, but then has to run over to the other enemies or turn off his daggers which starts a cool down. Hu Tao feels so much better with her cooldown since it's always the same and consistent.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
That's the reason I never rolled childe, his stance always feels really fun to just shred groups of enemies with in the test runs but the cd management and the need to manually count the time and deactivate it to avoid huge penalties just sounds like a massive pain in the rear end.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That's the reason I never rolled childe, his stance always feels really fun to just shred groups of enemies with in the test runs but the cd management and the need to manually count the time and deactivate it to avoid huge penalties just sounds like a massive pain in the rear end. you should roll Childe to C6.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Luckily, they rerun him often enough that you could reasonably get there in a year or two without throwing thousands of dollars at mihoyo.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Bye Hyakunin Ikki. Don't come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
let me fight the dog more