Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

At least three souls are trapped within this dish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

And a sole, of a foot

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

This is an advertisement for how great the global logistics of transportation are great and amazing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Would much rather go to a slightly dodgy fried chicken shop.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Is that the guy whose local flavor policy meant crushed ants were an essential seasoning?

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Grand Fromage posted:

I've tried one before and it's top 5 worst things I've ever eaten.

Haidilao makes some decent ones but they're the equivalent of like seven dollars. Worth it only if you're stuck some place where you can't get an actual meal for that price, like a train or something.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tunicate posted:

Is that the guy whose local flavor policy meant crushed ants were an essential seasoning?

No that was somewhere in scandinavia I think. Also I think the guy writing about the weird london place might not be british I think he's just a food journalist or something so he gets paid to have stupid food opinions in order to prop up the notion of exclusivity equalling quality.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I got a chicken salad sandwich today that had celery, water chestnuts, and black olives in it. The menu just said, "chicken salad" and it didn't even occur to me to ask because who puts BLACK OLIVES in chicken salad? It was disgusting, and it also cost $12.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Black olives in chicken salad sounds awesome.

I get that using local ingredients is good for just about every reason, but you can like grow citrus in greenhouses, or get it from Spain by rail, it's not one of those insane things where fruit gets shipped from South America to China to be packed, then shipped back to the US.

I've been trying to get most of my produce from the local stand that only sells from farms nearby, but I'm still gonna get some limes shipped up from California, because life without citrus is sad.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Tunicate posted:

I believe that's noma in Denmark.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

This is an advertisement for how great the global logistics of transportation are great and amazing.

huge brexit endorsement

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Kenning posted:

So I showed the dripping street meats to a buddy of mine, and he counter-linked with sweet and sour cow vagina.

Vaya con dios: :nws: http://youtu.be/KfsW93y9KH0. :nws:

I know that the thread title has JUST changed, but 'it takes ten hours to deodorize' is a strong contender.

As for the food itself, you can consider me to be the equivalent of a young DJ Khaled who's parents were gunned down in Crime Alley. No thank you.

Samovar has a new favorite as of 09:08 on Oct 23, 2022

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I believe this has shown up in one of the iterations of this thread before and the chef is actually Mexican.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

KennyMan666 posted:

I believe that's noma in Denmark.

Sometimes they’re not even crushed.

I mean, it’s interesting to learn that formic acid and citric acid taste similar, but I wouldn’t want to pay $300 for the lesson.

hallo spacedog posted:

I believe this has shown up in one of the iterations of this thread before and the chef is actually Mexican.

He is Mexican, and also formerly worked for Noma.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 15:36 on Oct 23, 2022

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/fuckedupfoods/status/1583943816859774976?s=46&t=_t1MNFsyUdr1P_bBnmJC_A

Impressive tbh

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It'll be cold by the time you get to eat it but yeah, impressive.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

By popular demand posted:

It'll be cold by the time you get to eat it but yeah, impressive.

The trick is to construct the building while its still cooking

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

This is important.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Scarodactyl posted:

This is important.

it means stuff

e,c:

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 17:52 on Oct 23, 2022

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Black olives in chicken salad sounds awesome.

it is an abomination

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Black olives do not have a place outside of things with red sauce.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Captain Hygiene posted:

Black olives do not have a place outside of things with red sauce.

What about hummus?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I will kill you where you stand.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

timestamped for the cheese + coffee international specialty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOaL43aKrgA&t=822s
wtf Finland

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I hate to defend Finland, but they use a special sweet kind of cheese, not loving cubes of cheddar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leip%C3%A4juusto

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

steinrokkan posted:

I hate to defend Finland, but they use a special sweet kind of cheese, not loving cubes of cheddar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leip%C3%A4juusto

this stuff kicks rear end. don't knock it til ya try it.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

He posts a video basically every day and I watch them religiously

Luckily for you I generally have zero loving clue what food he is showing so I can't rightfully post them as AFP

https://i.imgur.com/T8NGt70.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/UTMIYsx.mp4

I wish I knew what he was saying :allears:

e: sorry, I'd be remiss not to repost this one
https://i.imgur.com/hJltzRh.mp4

In the first video he says 'diet tepsi', which means 'diet tray/plate'. It's obviously ironic as the plate is full of different kinds of Turkish delight and other incredibly sugary Turkish sweet things.

In the second video he's talking a bunch of weird poo poo. He speaks Turkish really weirdly and takes pauses in weird spots that made it difficult for me to translate but my Turkish friend and her family helped: "My loving heart has wings like a bird. My world is beautiful with Antep cheese, life is sweet with Antep cheese".

Gaziantep is a city and region in Turkey renowned for its food, including pistachios, to the point that pistachio in Turkish is Antep fıstık, literally 'Antep peanut', which should go some way to explaining his pistachio shtick.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

this stuff kicks rear end. don't knock it til ya try it.

lol wow

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Bread cheese is so loving tasty but I think dunking it in coffee is kind of a waste. Fry it up and put it on some brioche at least.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

big dyke energy posted:

Bread cheese is so loving tasty but I think dunking it in coffee is kind of a waste. Fry it up and put it on some brioche at least.

I was trying to figure that out. I'm curious what that style of cheese tastes like, because I'm finding it tough to think of a cheese that I'd want to eat with coffee.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was trying to figure that out. I'm curious what that style of cheese tastes like, because I'm finding it tough to think of a cheese that I'd want to eat with coffee.

Tiramisu is technically coffee with cheese

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Yeah if it's a cream cheese or mascarpone type of deal I could see it working.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I forgot mascarpone was in tiramisu. Yeah, something really creamy makes sense, I always imagined bread cheese was closer whatever style mozzarella and such are, just because the pictures always look like toasty pizza cheese or something.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Other than the "soup's" marginally unappealing color, I see nothing wrong here

Raudedauden
Jun 18, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Other than the "soup's" marginally unappealing color, I see nothing wrong here

The "soup" is hot chocolate

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
bread cheese is like halloumi, it doesn't melt into a puddle when you heat it up. fry it or grill it. or dip it in scalding hot liquids. have no fear.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

uber_stoat posted:

bread cheese is like halloumi, it doesn't melt into a puddle when you heat it up. fry it or grill it. or dip it in scalding hot liquids. have no fear.

I was thinking the same thing.

Anyhow, check these out:

That's not chocolate. It's Marmite.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Valko posted:

I was thinking the same thing.

Anyhow, check these out:

That's not chocolate. It's Marmite.

would. that said, my tastes are rather more refined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

uber_stoat posted:

would. that said, my tastes are rather more refined.

:hfive: