Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Trade away Terrance Marshall you cowards

Yea! But please not to the Saints, I want him to succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

Trade away Terrance Marshall you cowards

Terrace.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I watched the guy play for like 3 years at LSU and somehow never noticed this.

wtf

Is this the Mandela effect?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I didn’t even notice that my phone had “corrected” it, thanks.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trade away all your starters the Bucs need as easy a landing as possible.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I was at Nor-Joe's today and tried to help a younger fan that now was the time to learn how to enjoy bad football.

And by younger I mean late 20s early 30s.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Slowpoke! posted:

Panthers dead cap hits for McCaffrey and Robbie are going to suck next year. We are basically relegated to rebuilding again in 2023.

Might as well move Burns since his value will never be higher. He isn’t going to get sacks when we can’t score and can’t stop the run.

This years going to be pain, but I'm somewhat optimistic about next year and the following. We're almost a lock for a top pick, we've got multiple picks in the middle rounds and there's some good candidates in the coaching stakes. 2023 our cap is tight as a fish's rear end in a top hat but in 2024 we have basically nothing under contract - Hanging on to Rhule this long was dumb but we've at least come out of it at the right time. Get the right person in the building, draft a QB as high as possible and see what's what.

At the very least the team rebuilt the offensive line to an at least average standard so whoever we draft won't get murdered and we've got the picks to load up on skill position talent in the middle rounds. If things dont go horribly wrong the team could turn it around fairly quickly.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Trading an elite pass rusher that is only 24 because there will be a potentially 2 year rebuild is silly. Do people not remember how hard it is to find good DEs? You want to spend 3 more lovely 2nd round picks you'll get on another Everette Brown or Kony Ealy or Daeshan Hall trying to replace him?

Trading a 26 year old injury prone RB is reasonable, but Burns has a ton of years left.

Plus, Burns has proven he's an every-down DE this year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kony Ealy would have been super bowl mvp

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

three posted:

Trading an elite pass rusher that is only 24 because there will be a potentially 2 year rebuild is silly. Do people not remember how hard it is to find good DEs? You want to spend 3 more lovely 2nd round picks you'll get on another Everette Brown or Kony Ealy or Daeshan Hall trying to replace him?

Trading a 26 year old injury prone RB is reasonable, but Burns has a ton of years left.

Plus, Burns has proven he's an every-down DE this year.

Agree. I said in another thread trading away burns means we use the first round pick we get for him on a DE because we don't have poo poo behind him.

Running backs grow on trees. Special ones don't fair enough but good enough ones do.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

“Hey fan living in August, the Bucs will be in first place in the division after week 7!”

“Nice they must be playing great!”

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Worst Division in Football and proud of it I say with a bag on my head

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

really queer Christmas posted:

Worst Division in Football and proud of it I say with a bag on my head

Paper or plastic?

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Hahahahahaha

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Paper or plastic?

paper for now, plastic when the saints give up a top 5 pick this year to the eagles

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

hey, so, what the gently caress

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Panthers are undefeated in the NFCS

We are all terrible

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

hey, so, what the gently caress

The Bucs are bad but in a really weird way. Like, you’d think for this score to possibly happen that they’d have had to turn it over 4 times, have a punt blocked and returned for a TD, other funny poo poo like that. But nope. Not a single turnover on offense or any special teams weirdness. Just sustained dull futility.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Bucs are bad but in a really weird way. Like, you’d think for this score to possibly happen that they’d have had to turn it over 4 times, have a punt blocked and returned for a TD, other funny poo poo like that. But nope. Not a single turnover on offense or any special teams weirdness. Just sustained dull futility.

It’s not weird, they just have a bad offense and mediocre defense. They’re bad in an extremely normal way.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

it's not like the bucs have a bad roster outside of the o-line penalties and brady's lingering injury (age). loving bizarre

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s not weird, they just have a bad offense and mediocre defense. They’re bad in an extremely normal way.

Well it’s weird because the on paper roster on offense at least shouldn’t be this. If they lost 24-13 yeah ok bad football. But 3 points despite zero turnovers?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

anyway put in gabbert

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

it's not like the bucs have a bad roster outside of the o-line penalties and brady's lingering injury (age). loving bizarre

I’m sure Jets fans have some theories if you want to ask them.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So moving the goal posts from how I felt a few weeks back I think the optimistic yet mostly realistic goal needs to be set at the Bucs going 10-7, winning the division, then seeing what happens in the playoffs.

Only losing 3 more games might be a tall ask but who knows, I did say optimistic.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

its because tom brady is washed + cooked + divorced + fraud

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tom brady's status shouldn't really be affecting the defense giving up 21 to the god drat panthers i don't think

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

tom brady's status shouldn't really be affecting the defense giving up 21 to the god drat panthers i don't think

the bucs defense is bad, i've solved that question for you

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

The whole team looks like it’s in some malaise. Nothing outside the run game is especially bad but you add up all the Meh and this is the result.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The whole team looks like it’s in some malaise. Nothing outside the run game is especially bad but you add up all the Meh and this is the result.

I couldn't believe they didn't use a single timeout and then ran a couple of run plays to run out the clock without attempting to get into the endzone.

Like, who makes that call and why?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

I couldn't believe they didn't use a single timeout and then ran a couple of run plays to run out the clock without attempting to get into the endzone.

Like, who makes that call and why?

Brady because he doesn’t want to risk throwing down three scores.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers Bitch

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

L + Divorced + No Touchdowns + No Bailout Calls

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lmao the Bucs.

Defense just completely sucked as soon as Winfield got hurt.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Every team in the division has a point differential of 0 or less

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Lost to the Bengals and still in second place :shrug:

I just hope the injuries weren't as bad as they appeared

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Brady because he doesn’t want to risk throwing down three scores.

He threw 49 passes

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He threw 49 passes

None of them good.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

PJ Walker is the best quarterback Wilks has ever started.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
the team is definitely underperforming its talent which i think you've got to put firmly on Bowles but the offense being putrid is largely brady being cooked. like they should not be good bc brady is cooked but they should look better than this.

hopefully tho this expedites the end of brady, bowles, and all the old dudes plus we'll get a higher draft pick. i hope

also my half joking point about falcons winning the division is looking wayyyyyy more likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Waking up on Monday leading the division. Not bad. Everything is juuuuuuuust fine.